PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles. Protect runner. Please.

Mumblyfish
15-06-04, 20:59
Okay, I'm sick of this. I got DM'd for the billionth time about my OMFG SPLOITZ (only one clan complains, but what the hey) since I use stealth + vehicles. Thing is, I've tried not using stealth and the only vehicle I can last more than two seconds in is a tank. A tank. Whoop-de-shit.

Please. Stop the whin0r. Modify combat vehicles so the person driving can't be shot, then stop stealth users from driving.

Dribble Joy
15-06-04, 21:07
Modify combat vehicles so the person driving can't be shot
You are aware that anyone with a combat vehicle is virtually indestructable if this was made so?
Added to the fact that combat vehicles are as powerfull ass high level rares, but with /30 runner reqs?

Tanks, APCs and the carriers should not have drivers/passengers no targetable, but APC gunners and the open topped vehicles should not.

Other than that, yes, make vehicles non usable with stealth.

HatchetRyda
15-06-04, 21:07
Okay, I'm sick of this. I got DM'd for the billionth time about my OMFG SPLOITZ (only one clan complains, but what the hey) since I use stealth + vehicles. Thing is, I've tried not using stealth and the only vehicle I can last more than two seconds in is a tank. A tank. Whoop-de-shit.

Please. Stop the whin0r. Modify combat vehicles so the person driving can't be shot, then stop stealth users from driving.

Your also bitching, about people bitching, you bitching bitcher. ololo!!!111 pwned!!

Gohei
15-06-04, 21:16
Great idea! That way a pistol, rifle, apu or droner won't have a single chance to defend himself.

Morpheous
15-06-04, 21:28
You are aware that anyone with a combat vehicle is virtually indestructable if this was made so?
Added to the fact that combat vehicles are as powerfull ass high level rares, but with /30 runner reqs?

Tanks, APCs and the carriers should not have drivers/passengers no targetable, but APC gunners and the open topped vehicles should not.

Other than that, yes, make vehicles non usable with stealth.
Okies, here's the requirements for a HA Trike:

Intelligence 45
Vehicle Use 79
Strength 42
Heavy Combat 76
Tech Combat 61
To use this vehicle, you have to:

Have a MOVEON chip
Remove your Dex +5 Backbone
Get rid of all your transport for H-C
Put a large amount of DEX into V-C and T-C
That's what I call gimping.

Now, if the only weapon a person driving this can use is the gun on the trike or a low level (Possibly rare, if you try/are capped) pistol/rifle, you'd expect them to have some benifits in the vehicle. It's less manuverable than a person, so they need more protection. At the moment you only get as much as your CON setup allows, but that's never enough when you're trying to turn your trike round with an APU HLing you. So if you make the vehicle take up the damage, HA Trikes aren't particuarly strong- it's not hard to take them out, but it's enough to give the poor guy inside a fighting chance.

At the moment, being in a combat vehicle PvP against anything is like being the fish in a barrel, with the other guy nuking you.

So give combat vehicle users a chance, I say.

Note: This was written by a Heavy Combat Vehicle User spy. I can use a Judge but it does token damage, so i'm lomming out my P-C, because you can't use a HA trike and a Judge on the same char.

Archeus
15-06-04, 21:31
What is peoples reasoning for not using stealth while on a bike? You can still target the bike? The person on the bike can still say who they are.

The only benifit stealth gives is monsters dont shoot at you unless you come out of it.

Morpheous
15-06-04, 21:42
Your also bitching, about people bitching, you bitching bitcher. ololo!!!111 pwned!!
But actually, you're bitching about someone bitching, so that makes you a..

a bitching bitcher. ololo!!!111 pwned!!
;)

HatchetRyda
15-06-04, 22:02
But actually, you're bitching about someone bitching, so that makes you a..

;)

olololo!!!111 I ju$t got pwned!!!111 0lollo!!!111 s0n

TheGreatMilenko
15-06-04, 22:08
omfg when will the bitching end on nerf this nerf that get some fucking skill its easy to take a Rhino down just a few Anti-Veh Missles own the fuck out of any vehicle

Morpheous
15-06-04, 22:09
Wait, that makes me a...uhm...

*Hides*

IceStorm
15-06-04, 23:39
Other than that, yes, make vehicles non usable with stealth.I use stealth and a hovertech when I want to get from one place to another quickly and don't feel like skirting the DoYs, TG guards, Hoverbots, Ceres troops, or firemobs in my way.

Stealthing while using vehicles is NOT just about PvP. There are PvM/faction benefits to doing it.

Disturbed021
16-06-04, 00:50
I do not think you need to be protected by the vehicle....that would make you almost unkillable. After your vehicle takes damage all you have to do is go back to a vehicle depot and get it repaired.

Vehicles need to be faster than ppl....currently most are not.

greendonkeyuk
16-06-04, 01:04
yeah give the option to fight or flight.

winnoc
16-06-04, 01:12
Been there, done that.

A spy using a HC trike is NOT good at pvp, it's a rarehunter. Period.
You have to gimp a lot and they can still kill you by targeting barrels on the vehicle.

IceStorm
16-06-04, 01:42
You have to gimp a lot and they can still kill you by targeting barrels on the vehicle.Vehicles (at least the heavy assault trike) piloted by LE'ed runners are immune to damage from other players, although I admit the last one to try it used a halo spell, not a barrel.

They're only immune when the runner's on the vehicle. Once I exited, the bike started taking damage.

amfest
16-06-04, 02:06
omfg when will the bitching end on nerf this nerf that get some fucking skill its easy to take a Rhino down just a few Anti-Veh Missles own the fuck out of any vehiclePersonally I think it's lame that for that type of wepaon you DON"T have to gimp in other areas. It's not even a rare gun. Great places to bring vehicles would be Ops but since weapons don't drop and it's so easy to just carry this weapon just in case it's not much and issue. It's a weapon that just appears ont he way to your others. I think there should be more roles .. and a character that doesn't do MAX dmg to people but is a prime vehicle destroyer would be a great role to play. Only dedicated people would play this and if you're short on one then if vehicles show up . whoa! . tough times

right now it's vehicle!! .. . either switch weapons or if it's not on you run to gogu and boom boom boom . .no threat anymore.

Mumblyfish
16-06-04, 02:14
right now it's vehicle!! .. . either switch weapons or if it's not on you run to gogu and boom boom boom . .no threat anymore.
Not really. A good driver can dodge anti-vehicle missiles really well. It's the APUs that cause a Rhino real problems.

Gohei
16-06-04, 03:00
Not really. A good driver can dodge anti-vehicle missiles really well. It's the APUs that cause a Rhino real problems.

Que ? O_o

Whenever i see a tank holding a AV weapon i jusst drive as fast as i can, but when a apu closes in all i have to do is hop in the gunner seat and blast the shit out of him.

Mumblyfish
16-06-04, 08:24
Que ? O_o

Whenever i see a tank holding a AV weapon i jusst drive as fast as i can, but when a apu closes in all i have to do is hop in the gunner seat and blast the shit out of him.
Mmm... whenever I see a tank with an AV weapon I just drive in circles to avoid damage, when I see an APU or two backed with PPU bum-chums I fucking panic.