PDA

View Full Version : NeoLauncher PRO: 2.40.200 released!

BramTops
15-06-04, 18:19
Woooooohiee.. Thanks for the wait everyone (only got a few dozen mails ;))...

After a LOT of hard work to get everything up and running with the latest 200-patch finally NeoLauncher PRO 2.40 is ready!

What's new in this version:
- New installer system/script. Now even less likely (=near impossible) to fuck stuff up
- New PSI helmet images
- New MC5 chip images
- New loot/rare notification (user switchable)
- New Drone and Drugs text ID's (easier to see what is what)
- New RPOS HUD
- New Droner HUD
- New Sniper HUD
- New crosshair
- New wasteland minimaps ( <-- VERY useful!)
- New RPLE rare parts tracker
- Updated SoundFX
- Fixed flamer gas mod bug
- Removed old crosshairs
- Fun: background music when installing / adjusting NLpro
- Known issue: WinAMP controls do not show (you can still use them - they just dont show in the HUD). I'll release a hotfix later...
- Known issue: due to some problems with my cron-tabs the signature images don't get updated very often. Will be fixed.

And remember: all features are optional!!! If you dont want something select the "custom" installation type and customize your personal installation.

If you are new to NeoLauncher PRO: you're either new to Neocron or you've been living on another world ;). Go visit the NLpro website below and see for yourself.

Download and more information at: http://www.creITive.com/neocron

Again: NLpro is as safe as anything. It has a long history and is used by over 2000 players. They all can't be wrong ;)

Give your comments, rate this thread and please spread the word in respect to all the people who spend many many hours to put this all together!

A few images from the website:
http://www.creitive.com/neocron/webcomps/huds.jpg http://www.creitive.com/neocron/webcomps/wastemaps.gif http://www.creitive.com/neocron/webcomps/crosshairs.jpg

Give your positive/negative feedback in this thread please. If you want to contact me, send an email to: NLpro@creITive.com

Regards,

Bram

Saza
15-06-04, 18:20
First post!! Woooooooo yes :D ! Thanks Brams n Max n anyone else who helped :D:D:D:D

*downloads*

J. Folsom
15-06-04, 18:22
Aww, you use no more of my work now. :(

Oh well, the new stuff is probably better now it's not made by a bad artist. :p

EDIT: Updated my signature to make it accurate again.
More EDIT: Whoops, those are just all the features, not the all the new stuff. :p My things are still in, yippee.
Even more EDIT: just double-checked, just my inner-city maps are left. Well, they do rock, so that's okay I guess.

Mumblyfish
15-06-04, 18:24
Download doesn't work. It's only 1.3MB, and not the advertised 12. :angel:

Maester Seymour
15-06-04, 18:24
hmmm i'm getting this when tryin to install it

http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptmaesterseymour/error.JPG

:(

Maarten
15-06-04, 18:26
Folsom, your minimaps of the city sectors are still used...

Saza
15-06-04, 18:27
OK its downloaded, and it says that the installer file is corrupt/incomplete.

Any tips Bram :(

Edit: Cheers Maarten :)

Judge
15-06-04, 18:30
Ok, so is this the whole version? Or just a patch.

Atm, I don't use Neolauncher Pro but was thinking about it this release. Do I need to DL anything apart from this file (once its fully uploaded)?

Mumblyfish
15-06-04, 18:30
Ok, so is this the whole version? Or just a patch.

Atm, I don't use Neolauncher Pro but was thinking about it this release. Do I need to DL anything apart from this file (once its fully uploaded)?
Whole version. And no, this is the only file needed.

BramTops
15-06-04, 18:31
Sorry people... Forgot that my rig crashed when i was uploading the latest version.

It just finished uploading.. Try again ;)

steweygrrr
15-06-04, 18:32
Wooooo downloading REAL 12.2 meg version WHEEEEEEEEEEEE

HellBreaker
15-06-04, 18:32
Sorry people... Forgot that my rig crashed when i was uploading the latest version.

It just finished uploading.. Try again ;)nope still can't get to it.
it saids it does not exist

Judge
15-06-04, 18:34
Whole version. And no, this is the only file needed.

Sweet. Ta very much.

Uh, though I can't download it. :(

Candaman
Winnar

Saza
Same error message....

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( :( :( :(

BramTops
15-06-04, 18:36
Download should really work now (just tested it), if it doesn't there's something wrong with your browser's cache settings....

If you still get download errors.. just try again in a few minutes - it just means i'm messing arround a bit with some files...

Saza
15-06-04, 18:39
Download should really work now (just tested it), if it doesn't there's something wrong with your browser's cache settings....

If you still get download errors.. just try again in a few minutes - it just means i'm messing arround a bit with some files...
Download is fine mate, it's the installation that screws up. See what Seymour put, that's exactly the same error I get.

HellBreaker
15-06-04, 18:41
Still getting File Not Found - i tried it in 3 diffrent browsers

steweygrrr
15-06-04, 18:41
NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Its borked again!!

Just got a server connection reset error message and now when I redownload its only 353k!

Fix it please and we'll love j00 forever Bram!

Judge
15-06-04, 18:42
The file seems to be downloading now... problem is that its only 5 megs large. :o

EDIT: 10 megs... its going up!

HellBreaker
15-06-04, 18:43
NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Its borked again!!

Just got a server connection reset error message and now when I redownload its only 353k!

Fix it please and we'll love j00 forever Bram!
at lest your getting a part of the file - im getting none lol

and i'll love Bram forever if he fixes it too :D

BramTops
15-06-04, 18:44
Wait a few minutes and try again - I'm currently uploading another very very small tiny hotfix version (nothing special)... You get the CRC error when you download the EXE when it's not fully uploaded yet.

Wait a minute or 2 and try again. No more posts about downloading issues now please ;)

/edit: just noted I got a lot of "love"... guys.. I'm no drom.. Keep it clean people! ;) Just spread the word and rate this thread ;)

/edit2: the file finished uploading... go knock yourselves out! ;)

HellBreaker
15-06-04, 18:44
The file seems to be downloading now... problem is that its only 5 megs large. :o

EDIT: 10 megs... its going up!

hmm he must be up loading it again then

Judge
15-06-04, 18:48
Yes.

I'm downloading the 12.3 version... I'm hoping thats the full version with hotfix?

BramTops
15-06-04, 18:51
You cant get anything else ;)

I'm off for today people.. comments in this thread please.

If you get specific problems using this mod you can e-mail to NLpro@creITive.com and I'll help you as much as time allows ;)

C-ya tomorrow!

HellBreaker
15-06-04, 18:53
I'm able to download it now ^^ Thxs :lol:

Bl@zed
15-06-04, 18:53
awsome!! <3 :D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :) :) :) ;) ;) ;) :cool:

garyu69
15-06-04, 18:57
File has downloaded correctly and works fine for me.

Thanks for a great program again.

If anyone is still having trouble i have put it on my server too and this one 100% works.

http://neocron.garyu69.com/NeoLauncherPROinstaller.exe

Maester Seymour
15-06-04, 19:01
Installing fine now. Sounds like a really good version, nice work on all who worked on it ;)

btw i got a question.. When i open my launcher it doesn't display how its supposed to. (It was doing it before too not just now)

Instead of it showin the proper launcher piccie it just says :
http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptmaesterseymour/error2.JPG

Is there a way for me to fix this so i can view it as normal? :o

BramTops
15-06-04, 19:01
File has downloaded correctly and works fine for me.

Thanks for a great program again.

If anyone is still having trouble i have put it on my server too and this one 100% works.

http://neocron.garyu69.com/NeoLauncherPROinstaller.exe
Saw this just in time.... Everyone is free to place mirros and download from it. Downloading from the original website however ensures you get the latest version... I just have to learn that I have to upload the latest build BEFORE I post this kind of thread ;)

If you want to mirror NLpro please contact me at NLpro@creITive.com with the upload details.

USA mirror is comming online soon btw...

GambitFlame
15-06-04, 19:08
Good job Guys

Ill have this uploaded so people can download off me too :p

God bless 3gb bandwidth a month :D

EDIT: Maarten/Bram drop me a line on MSN if you have it and i might be able to setup another mirror for this ftp access an all

EDIT2 : UK Mirror http://clanforum.hostcubed.com/neolauncher

Cheers

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 19:21
Will download when i get home (about 4 hours or so). I will upload to my server which is in texas.

Slaughter

Judge
15-06-04, 19:35
Its very very cool. :D

I like the new Libby noises. Though is there a way to disable the new HUD? As I work on a really low resolution, and it looks a little silly that small.

-FN-
15-06-04, 19:49
I would totally use NLPro ---

If I could retain the use the Full-Screen Windowed Mode that NNL provided with the alt+tab bug. I've become VERY accustomed to seeing my taskbar (blinking chats, finished downloads, etc) and the REAL time so that I don't magically lose hours of my life.

Zelda
15-06-04, 20:01
Great job !

It works perfectly... I just kept the previous crosshair :D

But... Hum... where can we find some explanations on script commands (info & itemnote) ? :p

Maarten
15-06-04, 20:05
All components can be installed/uninstalled seperately. Just run the NL Pro setup exe that is located in your Neocron folder.

And you can type /help in the chat window for a list of available commands.

Menolak
15-06-04, 21:56
Is there a way to add color to the HUD..mine is grey, nice-looking, flashy, but grey..I thought there were colors? Oh welll

Maarten
15-06-04, 23:14
You can change the color of your RPOS the same way as you could before. With the rposcolor.ini file in your neocron\ini folder.

StryfeX
16-06-04, 00:15
Oooo...nifty! I'm glad to see my RPLE made it in. :D

Can't wait to get home to "test" it out. ;)

--Stryfe

garyu69
16-06-04, 00:23
I would totally use NLPro ---

If I could retain the use the Full-Screen Windowed Mode that NNL provided with the alt+tab bug. I've become VERY accustomed to seeing my taskbar (blinking chats, finished downloads, etc) and the REAL time so that I don't magically lose hours of my life.I use NL Pro and i also use the Windowed mode to fit my desktop. Both work fine.

DigestiveBiscui
16-06-04, 00:30
very good

using everything except the HUD and crosshair :)

DigestiveBiscui
16-06-04, 00:38
New loot/rare notification (user switchable)

can someone tell me what is it/does and how i get it working/turn it off

-FN-
16-06-04, 00:49
Who do I have to sex to get nc.synergyxr.net in the "Links" with ems.ru and croncom?

Tratos
16-06-04, 00:50
can someone tell me what is it/does and how i get it working/turn it off
it should be on by default, it'll go DING when you loot a TP from a mob :) also a text message will appear in the chat window i believe it says what type of part aswell

-FN-
16-06-04, 01:12
I use NL Pro and i also use the Windowed mode to fit my desktop. Both work fine.

Just fired up NL Pro for the first time - 1024x768 :( No nifty window resizing to fit my screen like NNL.

*sigh* back to a German Launcher I mostly don't understand.

Eledhbrant
16-06-04, 04:58
Thats odd I've been using it in window mode.

Hold shift in the launcher when you hit "Play Neocron" then select it.

NEW HUD = SEX

Generic
16-06-04, 08:02
Hmm, nice stuff .... ( skin pack release will still come ..... someday :p )

Jeros82
16-06-04, 10:14
The new HUD is really sexy, to bad I downloaded it so fast now i don't have the WinAmp button hotfix. But since I installed the I-Touch Keyboard drivers for my shibby keyboard, who cares ???

sir retail
16-06-04, 10:26
I love the new hud !!!!

i miss only one thing. i dont think you can see if your 1st slot is locked or not.

but anyway.. ill never take it off again..

thanx for the gr8 work guys..
its like i bought a new game.!!

Original monk
16-06-04, 10:30
Woooooohiee..

thanx a mill bram, i was also waiting for it: its yust i hate that: patch # ... detected window ... ya gotta remove it lol cause it makes ya log in slower :)

and im to lazy to uninstall first :P

erg he, maar zoals weeral een hele leuke update, thanx bram

2 thumbs up :D

edit: 500kb/sec gaat vlotjes :)

Maarten
16-06-04, 10:34
-FN-, I'll talk to Bram to check the NNL feature. I have never used that one, but if I understand correctly, it adjusts the window size precisely to fit your desktop? But you still have your taskbar?

I'll also ask him to put your site in the links section. It deserved a spot.

Oh, and for the people who didn't notice it yet, I thought the CP and OP on the core and component parts looked too much alike. I have renamed the component parts to PP. This wasn't listed in the first post. :)

garyu69
16-06-04, 12:32
Just fired up NL Pro for the first time - 1024x768 :( No nifty window resizing to fit my screen like NNL.

*sigh* back to a German Launcher I mostly don't understand.
Make sure you have the following lines in your Neocron.ini file:

PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024*768"

Also ensure that you use a '*' rather than a 'X' as the X doesn't seem to like working.

Hopefully that should work for you no problem.

[TgR]HusK
16-06-04, 15:01
comments:

-Skillmanager rather outdated (in version atleast)
-installer removes neocron additions made by other people (bad! very bad! 8| especialy if it does that when selecting custom )
-account settings in the launcher gets into an endless loading loop
-Meh wants in the credits, meh updated teh worldmapski :D :p :angel:
-Please bring back the choice of crosshairs (this one sucks nfi), and hopefully add a choice of hud soon, this hud is cool though, but I've noticed SEmod will soon add another hud type, which would be a nice addition. (meh wants choices)
-Very nice work on the wastelands minimaps
-Cool idea for a loot/rare notification
-Great work on the new images (no drugs images yet btw? )

Overal: great job again on the NLP, just posted these comments so you can make it even better in future releases =)

MkVenner
16-06-04, 15:38
so are the winamp buttons fixed yet?

Revslad
16-06-04, 15:41
so are the winamp buttons fixed yet?

i was just about to post about the winamp buttons :P, i get all the funky messages about song titles and stuff but no buttons :(

MkVenner
16-06-04, 15:43
the buttons are there u just cant see em, some on up there ^ said they DLed to fast for the hotfix, just wondering if there WAS one :p

engl
16-06-04, 16:10
very good but ... damn the crosshair sucks ! (nice but not for pvp imo ;) )

where can i find the old one ?

Jackie Chan
16-06-04, 16:33
who its look nice

Menolak
16-06-04, 16:33
You can change the color of your RPOS the same way as you could before. With the rposcolor.ini file in your neocron\ini folder.

Unfortunately, I never tried it before, my first attempt at modding neocron...how do I do that?

Maloch Octavia
16-06-04, 16:45
I'm highly dubious about using this, so if I don't like it, is it easy to remove 100% from your Neocron instal?

MkVenner
16-06-04, 16:54
yeah, u just use the uninstaller, BUT, it uninstalls any other custom mods that are installed iirc

engl
16-06-04, 17:08
anyone know where i could find the previous crosshair ?

J. Folsom
16-06-04, 17:22
anyone know where i could find the previous crosshair ?
Dazist's old crosshair. (http://dz.cryon.net/images/crosshair.bmp)
DjFlash's crosshair. (http://www.dj-flash.net/public/nc/crosshair.bmp)

I'm guessing you're looking for the top one of these two, as that one was the default choice.
Put in your neocron\gfx\rpos folder for it to show up.

-FN-
16-06-04, 20:02
-FN-, I'll talk to Bram to check the NNL feature. I have never used that one, but if I understand correctly, it adjusts the window size precisely to fit your desktop? But you still have your taskbar?

I'll also ask him to put your site in the links section. It deserved a spot.

Yes, that's pretty much exactly what it does. The NC window for a split second is in 640x480, then it stretches out to the exact width of your screen and the exact height minus the taskbar. Here's how it looks:

http://forums.synergyxr.net/viewtopic.php?t=887

Also talked to neofrag at somepoint and there was a possibility of stretching it so that the "Neocron" bar on the top was off the screen... that would be PERFECT. Then with the option of putting your Task Menu on Autohide - you could still run in 'Full Screen', even in WindowMode :)

And thanks for the linkage :)

Make sure you have the following lines in your Neocron.ini file:

PREFMODENAME = "WindowMode"
PREFWINDOWSIZE = "1024*768"

Also ensure that you use a '*' rather than a 'X' as the X doesn't seem to like working.

Hopefully that should work for you no problem.

Did that - But it still is just a plain window and does not stretch as mentioned above (see the link).

Jackie Chan
16-06-04, 20:07
installing

installed

yeah nice

Dazist
16-06-04, 20:15
Installer removing everything previously installed is evil. I had lots of stuff in gfx\rpos including photoshop psd sources for Dazhud and some other stuff. All gone, luckily I backed everything up before installing this...

darknessfairy
16-06-04, 20:42
Right so the winamp controls ain't working, so is there anything that i can write in my chat window to change song, cos my compy is being erm borked (can i use THAT word?) and won't let me alt tab without gettin a black screen everytime i try to get back in again

BramTops
16-06-04, 20:45
Hmmm yeah... I should have mentioned that. From this version on the installer RESETS your entire GFX dir (to ensure there will be no compatability errors).. Was to big a hurry to put the warning in the installer.

Windowed-mode playing is something you can do manually with just the Neocron.ini like someone already mentioned. Is not and will probably never be a NLpro feature.

If you dont like a feature, run the NLpro setup file from your Neocron dir (or use the startmenu shortcut if you created one).

And yes - it's 100% uninstallable....

darknessfairy
16-06-04, 20:47
post on my winamp issue pwease

MkVenner
16-06-04, 21:14
and ive noticed that my siggy thing aint updating...tho i think thats since i changed servers....

suppose i shudda PMed u that really...

StryfeX
16-06-04, 22:01
Hmmm yeah... I should have mentioned that. From this version on the installer RESETS your entire GFX dir (to ensure there will be no compatability errors).. Was to big a hurry to put the warning in the installer.Sorry Bram... but that's just not cool. At the very least, it should have made a copy of the contents of the GFX directory and put it somewhere (maybe GFX.old), that way they won't be completely gone and can be re-added at the user's convenience.

On another note, I think a lot of people would like it if you A) re-added the older crosshairs, and B) made submenus where you could choose individual components, e.g. - *which* gun sounds you wanted to install, not just all of them.

--Stryfe

Mighty Max
16-06-04, 22:20
post on my winamp issue pwease

This issue is in work by me.

BramTops
16-06-04, 23:44
Sorry Bram... but that's just not cool. At the very least, it should have made a copy of the contents of the GFX directory and put it somewhere (maybe GFX.old), that way they won't be completely gone and can be re-added at the user's convenience.
That actually a good idea. Sorry that i didn't think of that... I was in such a hurry to finally release the next version that I overlooked this thingy.. Will do so.

On another note, I think a lot of people would like it if you A) re-added the older crosshairs, and B) made submenus where you could choose individual components, e.g. - *which* gun sounds you wanted to install, not just all of them.
--Stryfe
Have had a lot of comments on about ppl who want the old crosshair(s) back... Think I'll do that.

About the sounds: it IS possible to do exactly what you say. Just select the custom installation type and expand the Sounds-branch.

BramTops
16-06-04, 23:46
and ive noticed that my siggy thing aint updating...tho i think thats since i changed servers....

suppose i shudda PMed u that really...

uhm...

- Known issue: due to some problems with my cron-tabs the signature images don't get updated very often. Will be fixed.

Working on it with my hosting-provider as we speak... No ETA yet though.. I now manually execute the scripts once in a while... :(

BramTops
16-06-04, 23:47
Installer removing everything previously installed is evil. I had lots of stuff in gfx\rpos including photoshop psd sources for Dazhud and some other stuff. All gone, luckily I backed everything up before installing this...
Again.. Sorry. Good to hear you had a backup.. (every developer should ;)).

And again, I will fix this in next version.

I'm weally weally sowwy....

Maloch Octavia
16-06-04, 23:50
All my previous GFX files are gone.

*Uninstalls NeoPro, burns it to CD, takes the CD and smashes it to pieces, then throws it out the window*

Fucksake.

BramTops
16-06-04, 23:59
Right so the winamp controls ain't working, so is there anything that i can write in my chat window to change song, cos my compy is being erm borked (can i use THAT word?) and won't let me alt tab without gettin a black screen everytime i try to get back in again
You can also use "/winamp next" and stuff in your chat window...

Use "/winamp help" for more commands...

Marx
17-06-04, 00:13
Very sexy new RPOS, I especially love the new targeting boxes.

Great work all around, much love for you guys.

Kalagan
17-06-04, 10:26
The winamp taskbar not appear... it work, but dont see the button :(
can i fix this bug ?

darknessfairy
17-06-04, 10:32
You can also use "/winamp next" and stuff in your chat window...

Use "/winamp help" for more commands...

cheers bram.../sex j00

Freya
17-06-04, 13:42
The winamp taskbar not appear... it work, but dont see the button :(
can i fix this bug ?

lol just click around and find them up there, take a black marker and draw them on your screen so ya know where they are

WebShock
17-06-04, 15:08
lol just click around and find them up there, take a black marker and draw them on your screen so ya know where they are
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL

how about a hotfix from Dazist?

phunqe
17-06-04, 15:14
I have a semi OT question.

Is anyone planning, or have done, modifications to the ammunition gfx?
As it is now it's really hard to distinguish different types of ammunition within the same "group".

For example, xray could be blueish, fire could be red and normal could be left as is.

I haven't modded yet or anything, but I might check it out if noone else has already :)

[TgR]HusK
17-06-04, 15:36
I have a semi OT question.

Is anyone planning, or have done, modifications to the ammunition gfx?
As it is now it's really hard to distinguish different types of ammunition within the same "group".

For example, xray could be blueish, fire could be red and normal could be left as is.

I haven't modded yet or anything, but I might check it out if noone else has already :)

Not possible to change colors trough the graphics, you can change the overal drone hud color with the rposcolor.ini - it is possible to make it look like ammo and armour, I had done this with my own drone hud (see thn) but removed it as it didn't give the effect I wanted.
The drone hud is extreemly limited in what you can do to mod it, very small space to change anything, also the ammunition/armour has no color for transparancy - which would have helped alot for modding that.

slaughteruall
17-06-04, 15:47
I love the new sounds. There bad ass.

Slaughter

Swelly
17-06-04, 15:52
All huds and stuff works good for me except graphics or do I need to do something special to get them activated ?

phunqe
17-06-04, 16:01
HusK']Not possible to change colors trough the graphics, you can change the overal drone hud color with the rposcolor.ini - it is possible to make it look like ammo and armour, I had done this with my own drone hud (see thn) but removed it as it didn't give the effect I wanted.
The drone hud is extreemly limited in what you can do to mod it, very small space to change anything, also the ammunition/armour has no color for transparancy - which would have helped alot for modding that.

Hmm, not sure if we're talking about the same thing.
How is the color changed on for example belts then? If you install NLPRO you get the belts of different colours. I mean different colors for diffent kind of ammunition in inventory.

Or did I misunderstand something?

eric-the-ded
18-06-04, 05:41
this is cool.
any word on a winamp fix?

LaZyBoY
18-06-04, 06:12
sex guys sex love it

DARK_Overfiend
18-06-04, 10:35
nice to see u got it up bram (most the bugs out the system)
few ones MM needs to fix but u'll get it eventually hope'in the're aint gonna be another patch soon :p

good job m8 , glad the hud/cursor wont in beta test i wud of clipped :angel:
if u need me again for anything bram just ask i'll be here somewhere:cool:

BramTops
18-06-04, 12:24
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I'll look into making the ammo packs more distinguished. That's actually a good idea ;)

No word yet on the winamp-controls-fix. But you'll know as soon as I know ;)

Swelly, could you be a bit more precise? You can also mail to NLpro@creITive.com if you want to get help by mail.

Goes for everyone. Please do not PM me and use the mail address - the PM inbox is rather limited ;)

Dazist
18-06-04, 15:41
Zip version of launcher would be nice. All installers are evil by nature from my perspective. I also get garbled green screen when restoring Neocron after alttab which I don't get when using normal Neocron launcher.

Maarten
18-06-04, 17:22
That sometimes happens. You can type /resethud in the chat window to remove the gargled screen.

Bram, can't you enable the "show details" button in the installer so people can see exactly what the installer has done?

spongeb0b
18-06-04, 17:25
ok... just got back from cambridge... bram i cant seem to get to creitive.com/neocron... same for all? or just me?

phunqe
18-06-04, 17:39
I'll look into making the ammo packs more distinguished. That's actually a good idea ;)

<3 (in a non stalkerish and pshychotic way o_O)

:)

naimex
18-06-04, 17:41
Sorry... new Psi helmet images ??

... :confused: :confused:

Maarten
18-06-04, 17:43
SpongeBob, seems to work for me.

Naimex, I found some unused helmet graphics in the game files. Bram decided to replace the PSI helmets with the new graphics (since they are using the Battle Helmet 2 graphics anyway).

naimex
18-06-04, 17:47
would you be as kind as to post an image of them ?

I would love to see...

spongeb0b
18-06-04, 18:00
[QUOTE=Maarten]SpongeBob, seems to work for me.QUOTE]

yeah works for me now aswell... weird nm me

Birkoff
18-06-04, 18:22
Haven't rtead the thread at all excpet your first post buts it perfect

<3 you

Hud owns...colours own...

Only bad thing i don't like it he lib sound :( The old 1 was great. Shotgun/sniper sounds still owns :)

BramTops
18-06-04, 18:56
Only bad thing i don't like it he lib sound :( The old 1 was great. Shotgun/sniper sounds still owns :)

Then you turn that new sound off.... I you/someone is going to ask how I'm gonna scream..... :p

darknessfairy
18-06-04, 19:22
Then you turn that new sound off.... I you/someone is going to ask how I'm gonna scream..... :p

OOHHHHH i know this one (i think) you reinstall nlpro, but select the CUSTOM installation....and unclick the lib sound

Do i get a cookie????

naimex
18-06-04, 20:01
Do i get a cookie????

Chocolate Chip, Vanilla or Love flavour ?

BramTops
18-06-04, 20:23
Yes, but there's also an "NeoLauncher PRO setup.exe" in your Neocron folder... so you dont require the original file/download.

Vid Gamer
19-06-04, 21:25
Anyway I can get the old crosshairs back, I liked mine and accidentally changed it to the new HUD and crosshair and didn't like it, so I took out the HUD but couldn't find to change the crosshair back to what I had. :(

Vid Gamer
19-06-04, 21:27
Also, on the launch setup the runners online all says n/a for me?

]v[ortice
20-06-04, 11:07
Cheers Bram

JeRkyMorOn
20-06-04, 12:41
says my winamp controls arnt enabled... how do i get them enabled?? im not to sure im all confused with that item gfx thingy

darknessfairy
20-06-04, 13:19
says my winamp controls arnt enabled... how do i get them enabled?? im not to sure im all confused with that item gfx thingy

you have to have winamp active before you start up nlpro....and it has to be a 2.x or 5.x version. (incase you are using 3.x)

DARK_Overfiend
20-06-04, 17:11
the current controls are invisable till MM+bram sort it out.
but if u set your winamp to use certain hot keys u can use them in game.
Num Pad + : Play
Num Pad - : Stop
Page Down: Volume Down
Page Up: Volume Up
F8: Skip Track Back
F9: Skip Track ForWard

you can use these hotkeys once setup till the controls are active and visable.:cool:
(P.S. the pistols i did u ok jerky)

BramTops
21-06-04, 22:34
The following issue:

has now been SOLVED!

This includes the runners online counts in the NLpro launcher window, the signature image under my posts (which everyone is free to use ofcourse) and the "runner is on/offline" signature images; they'll all be updated every 10 ~ 15 minutes now.

Regards,

Bram

NaKoth
25-06-04, 19:21
Very nice, me likes !

MAKE A STICKY FROM NL PRO , please.

tomparadox
25-06-04, 19:57
Somethings wrong with it, when i try to start now i get a fatle when loging the char online. It works when you start with the normal lancher, but its not neocron lancher pro...

Dazist
26-06-04, 00:07
How about logging and drawing graphs of server populations. Daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly graph from each server would be cool. Stats, I just love statistics :)

Kuuselaa
27-06-04, 02:01
Nice program :D

FlashFF
27-06-04, 18:50
It appears a couple of ItemGFX bugs are in. First off the fact that it doesnt seem to draw anything to screen such as winamp controls (i have custom WA controls cos the basic ones dont have much functionality)

Second, It seems when I alt+tab, when i go back to N half of my screen has really screwed gfx. Im posting a screenie

Anyone else have these problems?

http://www.xybercon.com/xt/gfx.jpg

Gendo Ikari
28-06-04, 22:24
Hi, ive got a small Problem with this very nice Program:
The Signature Picture, that shoud be created, isnt there, were it shoud be. ( Shoud be http://www.creITive.com/neocron/sig/on1424.png but it gives an 404)

Napalm82
28-06-04, 23:49
It appears a couple of ItemGFX bugs are in. First off the fact that it doesnt seem to draw anything to screen such as winamp controls (i have custom WA controls cos the basic ones dont have much functionality)

Second, It seems when I alt+tab, when i go back to N half of my screen has really screwed gfx. Im posting a screenie

Anyone else have these problems?

http://www.xybercon.com/xt/gfx.jpg

I have the exactly same problem...i however fixed it by using 2 monitors so i can surf on one and play on the other :lol:

- Napalm

Mighty Max
28-06-04, 23:57
Heyo,

the first bug can be solved by replacing the file http://mightymax.org/header.lua in the igfx folder. (Somehow the file got corrupted)

the second bug is some tricky atm,
ItemGFx should restore its surfaces after they get lost (via ALT TAB) but somehow it does not recieve the notification that this happened anymore. So the normal content of those surfaces cant be resetted and show random patterns (like your screen).

You can clear the whole front surface (the one on top of the normal game) with the command /resethud if bram didnt take it out.

FlashFF
29-06-04, 00:29
OMG, could this be linked to why a prog im writing can be notified when any prog is activated/deactivated, except for NC?
NC seems to not be sending messages to windows or at least i cant catch em like i can everything else :s

BTW: Cheers
http://www.xybercon.com/xt/winamp.jpg

Those are Fixed

Mighty Max
29-06-04, 00:39
No, it is burried in DirectX and how it handles the memory on your GFX card. If an ALT TAB occured from fullscreen the gfx-card might loose all his mem and has to be reinitialized.

This is done due to an error reply stating "surface is lost". Now can every surface handled separated and be reinitialized, or all together. this initialization reservers again the memory on the card, but however dont know what to display there, so with this reinitialization it has to be rewritten with its content. (Like a texture has to be copied in again)

Now when Neocron reinitializes my surfaces too before i get control of them, i dont get the surface lost message, and therefor cant rewrite its content.

FlashFF
29-06-04, 01:20
Ah ok, well any idea why NC seems to not send messages to windows when it does things like lose focus?

Mighty Max
29-06-04, 01:30
Sure do i know why :p

hehe

You view on that from the wrong side. Windows sends those messages to the application which redirects that to its windows. (Not the other way around)

And it is not needed from the application to do that last redirection.

FlashFF
29-06-04, 01:35
Damn (Goes into his thinking hole with a bowl of code)

WarBrain
29-06-04, 04:05
I downloaded it and everything's ok But...
my sig picture dont show :wtf:

Maarten
29-06-04, 09:43
Did you check this? (see attachment)

Oh, and I also have that fucked-up-graphics-after-ALT+TAB-problem. I always use the /resethud command. Works great.

WarBrain
29-06-04, 16:33
yes i checked enable picture on account settings and saved them.
somethings wrong but i think not on my side :confused:
ăny other idea what it might be?
thx

EDIT : forget it... it magically displays now :eek:

BramTops
29-06-04, 23:23
Was going to release the new NLpro now, but with all the bullshit going on now.... gonna delay it a little time...

damn those exploiters!!!

time for some RL ass-kicking....

Freya
29-06-04, 23:33
looks like a new patch is on the way anyway, see a patch on the test server

Tratos
29-06-04, 23:39
New patches and NLPro dont look to good for the future as Mighty Max has announced he wont be updating ItemGFX, does this mean that we will get "the message" after new patches of NC :( as ItemGFX will then fail to work will it not?

I know NLPro has a huge amount of other changes but with ItemGFX going the features it brings will be missed.

Well done to the fucktards which made this happen.

Gendo Ikari
29-06-04, 23:48
I hope KK will allow the LauncherPRO to continue the project... its just a great thing!

BramTops
29-06-04, 23:49
Yes, if MM wont update igfx and i cant find a way to keep it working... then yes, all igfx related features will have to be removed :(

steweygrrr
11-07-04, 16:46
I'm having what appears to be an igfx problem....but only part of it, it would seem. Every time I start NLPro with igfx installed I get a nice error message saying that the autoupdater MFC has experienced a problem and needs to close and do I want to send an error report. Now, if I ignore the message and click play NC anyway, it still loads up but I only get the new sounds (minus the techpart stuff) and some of the gfx updates....some being the belts and thats it....

Now if I start NLPro without igfx installed it works fine but I don't get any of the cool new stuff......any ideas MM?

DARK_Overfiend
12-07-04, 01:37
bram i get a GFX problem too but slightly different

when ever i load NL Pro a few times the GFX dont load like colors on techs , tech msg alerts etc.

BramTops
12-07-04, 17:11
This is an old NLpro thread and needs to be closed. 2.41 has already been released.

Anyway, I'll post this again:

Here's a list of thing you can try - and this goes for everyone who's having trouble with NLpro.

Try this:
(0 - make sure your NC is patched to 200.)
1 - uninstall NLpro (the 2.41.200 version) (do not use an old version ever again! )
2 - run the launcher and use the file check option
3 - download the corrupt files (if any) and start neocron
4 - check if everything works OK and exit
5 - then install NLpro using the safe-mode installation type!!!
6 - start neocron and check if everything is still OK
7 - run the NLpro setup (or start the installer again) and now use the Full installation type
8 - start neocron and see if you got yourself some dice

Now...
- if it's still broken at step 4 i'd recommend re-installing Neocron because it really seems to be messed up. Your system is completly clean of NLpro and even NC itself cant find the problem...
- if you encounter errors at step 6, i'm at a loss - shouldn't be possible.
- if you encounter errors at step 8 it's something ItemGFX related, post the details here and we'll sort that out too...

NOTE!!! Installing/uninstalling NLpro will completly RE-SET your GFX directory! Backup it if there's anything in there you want to safe!

Now, if you still get errors please mention at what step you got them and the other details... The more you tell me, the more I'm likely to have an answer for you.

steweygrrr
12-07-04, 20:11
This is an old NLpro thread and needs to be closed. 2.41 has already been released.

Anyway, I'll post this again:

Here's a list of thing you can try - and this goes for everyone who's having trouble with NLpro.

Try this:
(0 - make sure your NC is patched to 200.)
1 - uninstall NLpro (the 2.41.200 version) (do not use an old version ever again! )
2 - run the launcher and use the file check option
3 - download the corrupt files (if any) and start neocron
4 - check if everything works OK and exit
5 - then install NLpro using the safe-mode installation type!!!
6 - start neocron and check if everything is still OK
7 - run the NLpro setup (or start the installer again) and now use the Full installation type
8 - start neocron and see if you got yourself some dice

Now...
- if it's still broken at step 4 i'd recommend re-installing Neocron because it really seems to be messed up. Your system is completly clean of NLpro and even NC itself cant find the problem...
- if you encounter errors at step 6, i'm at a loss - shouldn't be possible.
- if you encounter errors at step 8 it's something ItemGFX related, post the details here and we'll sort that out too...

NOTE!!! Installing/uninstalling NLpro will completly RE-SET your GFX directory! Backup it if there's anything in there you want to safe!

Now, if you still get errors please mention at what step you got them and the other details... The more you tell me, the more I'm likely to have an answer for you.

Yup the launcher crash rears its ugly head at step 8. It's definitely IGFX related, but can't for the life of me figure out what! I'm only using the same client as everyone else, I'm patched to 200. Why am I the only person getting this crash I ask myself. Basically IGFX seems to be conflicting with the launcher itself.

*update* Just checked to see what the error report contained and it seems that neocronlauncher.exe is conflicting with various random DLLs. Last one mentioned in the error report was sldocl.dll. This time its rasapi32.dll. I know they sound amazingly random and I have no idea what these particular dll's do, but neocronlauncher.exe doesn't like them or vice versa

Mighty Max
12-07-04, 20:44
The error report will always show all modules (dlls) loaded into the prozess.

I would like to know if "ProLauncher.dll" is listed inbetween them?

steweygrrr
12-07-04, 22:39
The error report will always show all modules (dlls) loaded into the prozess.

I would like to know if "ProLauncher.dll" is listed inbetween them?

nope, just those random windows dlls

steweygrrr
13-07-04, 00:03
bleh.....I cant find prolauncher DLL.....Sorry for double post, couldn't edit