PDA

View Full Version : I usually don't like case mods... but... but... WOW!

phunqe
15-06-04, 17:52
This is by far one of the most kick ass cases I've EVER seen.

http://bit-tech.net/article/135/1

Check out all the pictures.

EDIT: The server is quite busy. Just refresh in case of error.
EDIT 2: Pasted wrong URL.

Judge
15-06-04, 17:59
That looks pretty cool... but there was this HL2 mod I saw a while back which was better.

I'll see if I can find it.

phunqe
15-06-04, 18:00
That looks pretty cool... but there was this HL2 mod I saw a while back which was better.

I'll see if I can find it.

Yeah I saw that one. It's another type of look however.
I do think this one was more work (if I remember the HL one correctly) :)

I would rather put this one in my living room instead of the HL one to be honest :p (me = design-glass-clean-look-metal-general-fagish-person :p)

subsys
15-06-04, 18:05
yay hes finnally got it done, i think the build time is over a year tho, i remember seeing the first log he did and it looked fantastic then, now its just jaw dropping

[TgR]KILLER
15-06-04, 18:13
Check the link under my sig :D my case.. like it ;)

Damn nice mod in that link tho. good things its water cooled lol with all those tubes you gonna have 0 airflow ;)

Archeus
15-06-04, 18:46
Heh I looked at the picture and thought "That looks just like Orac (http://www.blakes-7.demon.co.uk/Gallery/Props/Orac.jpeg) from Blakes 7 (http://www.hermit.org/Blakes7/SevenCyc/O.html#Orac)".. then I saw the name was Orac3

I miss that series. :)

Judge
15-06-04, 19:43
That case is pretty cool TGR... Especially the stealthed CD drives. :p

My mate tried to do that but failed.

Dru Blood
15-06-04, 19:43
by far the best looking case i have ever seen.

im currently modding my old case its black dragon themed bit pimp and also shiney :) ill post pics once its complete.

[TgR]KILLER
15-06-04, 19:45
That case is pretty cool TGR... Especially the stealthed CD drives. :p

My mate tried to do that but failed.

thanks thanks :D wasn't to hard tho.. just need some skill0rz.. aint my first mod.. but on the first one i din't mod that much just a few coolers.

Prodigious
15-06-04, 19:50
I dont understand case modders, but I dont understand people who make model aeroplanes either.

Omnituens
15-06-04, 20:05
very nice. my case is black with 2 green LED fans in it and the Zalman flower for the CPU cooler

just need to paint the DVD drive black so it matches the case lol

Biznatchy
15-06-04, 20:08
I dont understand case modders, but I dont understand people who make model aeroplanes either.

Kinda the same people. It not just enough to get performance from your machine. IE drag racers. It has to look good. IE show cars with huge horsepower. Its about getting all the right stuff in the right package.

With style

VetteroX
16-06-04, 00:15
I dont get why people care how their computer looks... its not a car your going to use to pick up women... who are you looking to impress? I just build my new computer yesturday... amd 64 3400 and 1 gig of corsair pc3200 etc... it flies... fast as hell, and stable. Thats all that matters. You spend $ on the case and lights... I'll buy fast, stable equiptment.

Morganth
16-06-04, 00:22
I dont get why people care how their computer looks... its not a car your going to use to pick up women... who are you looking to impress? I just build my new computer yesturday... amd 64 3400 and 1 gig of corsair pc3200 etc... it flies... fast as hell, and stable. Thats all that matters. You spend $ on the case and lights... I'll buy fast, stable equiptment.

It looks good if you turn up at a large LAN party with a machine that looks cool. Although I understand the angle you are coming from, as I would go for performance first.

Judge
16-06-04, 00:22
I generally would have to agree with Vet in personal preference... but I do still think its nice to make the computer look nice, maybe spend a few quid, but nothing major like full on case mods.

[TgR]KILLER
16-06-04, 00:37
more coolers + better controll + oc = having a good stable fast machine.. if you do it right that is ;)

Agent L
16-06-04, 01:24
I don't like it. Looks like box full of snakes... (the topic one )
HL2 box roxorz totally. It's only mod I liked.

Ormy
16-06-04, 01:43
Wow, that man has way to much spare time and spare cash. I would love to do something like that if i had the time/money.

Dru Blood
16-06-04, 09:11
a pc isnt just a pc these days, almost every household has one so it part of the furniture, and because most of my house is themed quite modern i dont want an ugly cream box in the corner, instead i make it look interesting and less ugly

Original monk
16-06-04, 10:11
I dont get why people care how their computer looks... its not a car your going to use to pick up women...

hey hunny, ya seen my 64 bit computer ? Groovy he

baby, you seen those green fluids going around true its veins ?
thats to cool em off baby, he gets hot, Really hot

ya see how strong he is baby: the ram inside can trigger a rocket baby
yeah baby, a rocket, even 2 or 3, WILD

this cpu has no troubles taking on 2 actions at a time baby, cosey i tell ya

ya seen this lean mean killermachine ?

inside is detailed black velvet hun, to accentuate its comfort, monster at the outside soft at the inside

exclusive ? ffcourse, ya wonna try it out right

if ya like ill give ya some private lessons baby, ya know, to get the hang off it

:cool:

onlything ya cant do with it is drive it around town, no wheels attached yet ;P

Archeus
16-06-04, 10:21
I dont get why people care how their computer looks...

Fashion sense. Although I think people who case mod should do the room as well. My machine I have setup so you can see very little if any of the box. Just a nice office desk with little to no noise.

Psychoninja
16-06-04, 10:23
I think artie posted that case mod while back.

Very nice

VetteroX
16-06-04, 10:39
My case cost $45... its a nice black paint job, no scratches, fans are so quiet I dont know the comps on, AND its staying very cool. I guess to each his own...

BTW, I recommend everyone build there own comp... I figured it out ( my first build) its WAY cheaper then retail, and it feels good playing on something you put togeather and picked out each little part for.

Archeus
16-06-04, 10:43
BTW, I recommend everyone build there own comp... I figured it out ( my first build) its WAY cheaper then retail, and it feels good playing on something you put togeather and picked out each little part for.

Imagine how you would feel if you paid €2000 in parts to build the most ubar machine and you manage to destroy your processor and motherboard... TWICE. :D

One of jaggehs friends did that.

phunqe
16-06-04, 12:20
I dont get why people care how their computer looks... its not a car your going to use to pick up women... who are you looking to impress?

I am not seeking to impress really. I admit that the case I posted would not really go in my living room, since it would be "too much".

However, I can't have a regular computer case. All my furniture/style is glass, aluminium, concrete, design textiles etc. Even a black case would not fit in.
I can't help if I'm such a design ************ :angel:

I'll buy a new computer soon and will probably end up with this case :)

http://www.mycom.se/produkter/produktinfo/953840/953840.JPG
http://www.mycom.se/produkter/produktinfo/953840/953840a.JPG

Menolak
16-06-04, 16:40

How much does that cost on an average to build, Vet, if you don't mind? (Please state whether USA or Canadian or whatever)

Judge
16-06-04, 18:42
Wow... that is a sweet case phunge. Especially if you had a similar style CD player and Amp under/on top of it. Fully awesome. :D

KILLER']more coolers + better controll + oc = having a good stable fast machine.. if you do it right that is ;)

When I think, or speak about, case modding I normally mean the visual stuff, like LED fans or coloured USB cables... rather than cooling or whatever. I kinda assume thats just part of general computer maintenance or OCing.

ou7blaze
17-06-04, 00:26
Vet, you gotta have style to go with performance.

Who would liek to have a 900hp formula one racecar which looked like a diesel garbage dumper ?

plague
17-06-04, 00:49
WHOa it is indeed the best case yet, i wander how much somthing like this would cost..... :eek:

plague
17-06-04, 00:52
Imagine how you would feel if you paid €2000 in parts to build the most ubar machine and you manage to destroy your processor and motherboard... TWICE. :D

One of jaggehs friends did that.

lol twice, all i can say is NIB :lol: lol

BunkerBoy
17-06-04, 05:41
o.O wow, thats a case lol.