PDA

View Full Version : Dex xp for monks...

Glorfindel
15-06-04, 13:07
I see that repping a rhino xp got nerfed, poking yourself xp got nerfed :mad:
I cant cst cus its to expensive and gimps an apu to much... :mad: :mad:

How the hell im i supposed to lvl dex on my monk? And dont gimme the "do missions" bullshit...

Psycho_SquiRReL
15-06-04, 13:09
uhhh missions? :o

edit: construct wepon part 8's... has that been nerfed?

sanityislost
15-06-04, 13:10
poking xp got nerfed?............fucking hell :mad:

yep monks are screwed.

SiL ..:..

Glorfindel
15-06-04, 13:12
U get like 100 xp/moveon poke now...

cMz
15-06-04, 13:14
Eat drugs, put in drone implants and drone. You dont have to spend a lot of INT points to use the drones.

Glorfindel
15-06-04, 13:22
Heard lvling dex with drones takes forever o_O

svenw
15-06-04, 13:25
anyone got the idea that it was a bug that you got so much XP from poking Moveon etc,? IMHO seflpoking shouldn't give any XPs like self healing doesn't give psi XPs. Rhino reppiing wa a bug too.

[TgR]KILLER
15-06-04, 13:26
drones aint an option tried it way back wasn't good then don't know its good now.. repping a rhino is nerfed now because it was to good it wasn't how it should be.. and poking got nerfed indeed thats the bad thing..

but if you can poke you could cst to :p

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 13:27
Yeah doing missons to get your dex up to 35 on a monk is fucking boring. takes to damn long even very hard ress missons. Dont even try cloning ammo once you get to like 20 dex you only get like 1 dex point for each clone (at least before the patch).

Slaughter

sanityislost
15-06-04, 13:28
KILLER']drones aint an option tried it way back wasn't good then don't know its good now.. repping a rhino is nerfed now because it was to good it wasn't how it should be.. and poking got nerfed indeed thats the bad thing..

but if you can poke you could cst to :p

lol till they nerf csting xp for monks also

SiL ..:..

Glorfindel
15-06-04, 13:29
Maybe it was a bugg but its not like it took 1 hour or less to capp the dex with a moveon. U shouldnt have to use drones/pistols/rifles for a year or 2 to capp dex :p

Exodia
15-06-04, 13:35
Take a Pistol and go hunt ...

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 13:41
Yeah just what i want to do. Grab a pistol and go hunting on a APU. No thanks. maybe a hybrid or a ppu but not on a apu. Dex should lvl in teams like PE's PSI.

Slaughter

Genty
15-06-04, 13:47
Rifle PPU's are the answer.

ronaz
15-06-04, 13:47
Doesnt monk dex benefit from teaming with spy/pe? Back in the day I used to level my monk's dex by researchig and constructing lots and lots of psi boosters.

:angel:

LTA
15-06-04, 13:48
We have bad int/dex gains now.... sure if they can try a bit harder you could nerf the other gains aswell, not that int dosent take long enough already but now you add dex to that ....

Does any other class have a skill which gains as slow as int... and now getting as slow as dex... :(

Clownst0pper
15-06-04, 13:48
Do very hard research missions - they work a treat for leveling early on, u just need 61 sympathy as either CM or biotech, makes the missions quicker-

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 13:49
Doesnt monk dex benefit from teaming with spy/pe? Back in the day I used to level my monk's dex by researchig and constructing lots and lots of psi boosters.

:angel:

how many TL 20 boosters did you have to make? I guess you COULD do that. But it would take forever.

Slaughter

ronaz
15-06-04, 14:00
how many TL 20 boosters did you have to make? I guess you COULD do that. But it would take forever.

Slaughter

Dunno, I used to make the TL 30 ones but I don't remember it taking all too long. The upside being that 1.) you can sell the excess boosters and 2.) you level some int and str as well.

Of course, this does not fit in the cap-a-char-in-a-week plan but I'm sure those that PL will manage to cap their dex fast as well.

Kain
15-06-04, 14:17
Hehe, missions are the way.

Only need about 450 very hard research mission (ok that is 1300 + bp's).

Shame the "6th stat" bug got fixed, since to me the extra rank was the bonus to spending hours researching the damn things.

But now with the xp increase it is actually worth OddJobs time to ress them.

Tend to keep a 249 stack of each of the very hard missions hanging arround for when I lom or a clan m8 starts a new character.

edit/ I prefer the NEXT missions as you dont have to leave the HQ. Citycom at bottom of the lift, all the mission givers are in same room and there is only one npc for mission completion (and he's next door). All in all its the most efficient IMHO.

Kain

cMz
15-06-04, 14:17
It wont take for ever to get DEX by droning, and you dont have to LoM a lot when you are done. You only need to put about 40 points in WPW(INT) and some in RCL(DEX).

I had an Excel-sheet somewhere sometime showing what to put in to my monk while leveling on drones, but I cant find it anymore :-(

I dont think it took more than 1 week to get to DEX 35, and I was not playing more than maybe 2-3 hours a day, and I think it was more fun than just sitting poking all day

DonnyJepp
15-06-04, 14:32
It used to take a solid 6-8 hours of poking a move-on and cost well over 100-200k credits to pay for implant gel, repairs to the chip (3+ times) to cap the dex. Seems like a very fair tradeoff for capped dex. Hell there weren't many spy pokers on Saturn because you could always count on a monk that was working on his dex to be standing around in Plaza.

You could attempt to *buy* the 1300 blueprints for very hard research missions but face it, what resser actually would spend the time to make that many BPs? Nothing fun there.

Whomever said that you shouldn't get any XP for poking yourself, well, :rolleyes:

Bad move in my eyes KK.

Alpha-Omega
15-06-04, 15:05
You could attempt to *buy* the 1300 blueprints for very hard research missions but face it, what resser actually would spend the time to make that many BPs? Nothing fun there.
All you have to do is ask :) Jinhai Cybershock on Saturn, trying to make his way as a pure resser. Just sling me a mail and i'll seee what i can do. Oh, u bring the cubes and gel or i charge 200 per cube and 10k per pack of sub i use.

Kain
15-06-04, 15:17
I agree, I poked a MOVEON for about 8 hours over several days on my monk, it was not exactly uber xp gain, but I suppose it did take advantage of the epic repair to 120 feature.

Someone would have to offer me serious stuff (note stuff not money :P) to consider ressing all those BP's. Since it represents many hours of bp'ing which I'd rather spend increasing my gat and art lvl 3 turret collection as xp gain is great.

Off Topic//

As a side note I see that skill has no affect on research xp gain ( tested by removing all my imps / glove ), which is excellent. :) I suppose the fail / destroy datacube action is enough penalty.

Dont tend to ress for the masses anymore (maybe 1 -2 hours a week in p2) unless its for a lowish level character. Get fed up with people offering me less than I spent on RS, then getting defensive when I ask for more.

Wish people would look at my rank, then think how much cash I could earn hunting / caving in the time it takes to ress their stuff add a bit for the RS etc.

Funniest are those who ask you to ress 20+ rares then offer <10k tip. The money is not the issue, I have plenty of that, it just feels disrespectful :P

I try to give interesting things (rares, rare parts, slotted non-rares, good junk etc) as an additional tip for the rare occasions I need a conster or when someone logs a poker after a long delay in p2.

K

Alpha-Omega
15-06-04, 15:44
I agree with you, kain. I've been tradeskilling onn and off for a long time now. Shity tips if tipped at all and people being too damn lazy to bring own cubes n sub any more!

Only reason i tradeskill is for myself and my clanmates, thats all. I'm sick and tired of seeing tradeskillers under appreciated the way they are now. i mean 20 rare parts with only a 10k tip?! i would tip at LEAST 10k per part and provide own sub. It's what i expect people to do when i ress parts and its what i do when i have parts IDed for me.

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 16:50
I agree with you, kain. I've been tradeskilling onn and off for a long time now. Shity tips if tipped at all and people being too damn lazy to bring own cubes n sub any more!

Only reason i tradeskill is for myself and my clanmates, thats all. I'm sick and tired of seeing tradeskillers under appreciated the way they are now. i mean 20 rare parts with only a 10k tip?! i would tip at LEAST 10k per part and provide own sub. It's what i expect people to do when i ress parts and its what i do when i have parts IDed for me.

That is why i dont ress for anyone else but me and freinds. It's not worth my time. I seldom break even. Everytime i try to ask for more money they always that is wll i have. Then you see them run away and spam for a CST.

A few times i've had my resser and my CST logged at the same time. I ressed a few bp's for one guy and he gave me a 8k tip (probally cost me 5k in substance). Then he bought the parts and had my CST build them (did not know it was me again) gave my CST a 25k tip. I mean WTF csting takes alot less time to do. People should tip the same. I can make money on my cst my resser is not worth my time.

on topic: Give us teamed dex xp.

Slaughter

and1guy
15-06-04, 17:02
whyd they have to nerf the tanky poke xp.. i could of capped my spy in 3-4 days :D :D 94 base dex/int in just 2 days is good for me hee hee

Strych9
15-06-04, 17:05
whyd they have to nerf the tanky poke xp.. i could of capped my spy in 3-4 days :D :D 94 base dex/int in just 2 days is good for me hee heeSweet! Admit on a public forum to an exploit!!! Job well done. :rolleyes:

greendonkeyuk
15-06-04, 17:17
Tangent Hq very hard missions are jus as good as Next Hq actually, theres a big citycom contraption there and the guy you drop em off to is (used to be) on the same floor. This used to be really good for res missions as long as you didnt select a plaza 2 mission. however as thats now the nema office is i dont think theyre there any more. its over a year since i capped my psi on my spy so i dont know for sure if this is still the case but it was good at the time.

strych chill out dude, if pokin a moveon is an exploit then every monk rolled since the introduction of epics is an exploiter, hell ive had 2 monks so that makes me a multiple offender.....

Oath
15-06-04, 17:19
Every class should have some way of leveling secondary stats WITHOUT missions, getting a spy's psi to cap is a fookin nightmare, now monk dex is a nightmare.

If leveling to 35 dex via missions is the answer then how about making the missions more..fun?

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 17:20
Every class should have some way of leveling secondary stats WITHOUT missions, getting a spy's psi to cap is a fookin nightmare, now monk dex is a nightmare.

If leveling to 35 dex via missions is the answer then how about making the missions more..fun?

And worth more xp.

n3m
15-06-04, 18:38
I'm using the TL13 baseball bat now, on my ppu monk. I get lots of DEX when whacking down those cyclopses.

once I can get 17str Ill use the tl17 sword :)

QuantumDelta
15-06-04, 19:24
And Spy PSI.
And PE PSI.
And Tank PSI.

Not so bad for the last one.
And PEs can get stuff from teaming.
Spies, however are equally screwed.

jiga
15-06-04, 19:29
I'm not sure why they are so interested in making dex lvling on monks so hard. Where is that guy who is supposed to forward community opinion to KK?

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 19:33
I'm not sure why they are so interested in making dex lvling on monks so hard. Where is that guy who is supposed to forward community opinion to KK?

Good point

Biznatchy
15-06-04, 20:13
I capped my monk with 10 in repair, and a support 3 buff just last night. It took half hour to get from 20 to 35 dex.

Did somthing change since i went to bed?

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 20:17
I capped my monk with 10 in repair, and a support 3 buff just last night. It took half hour to get from 20 to 35 dex.

Did somthing change since i went to bed?

ah yeah. They are considering what you did to be a exploit.

Read more here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1422439#post1422439)

Slaughter

Glorfindel
15-06-04, 21:20
U really shoud get dex if teaming with Spys and Pes as tanks and spys should get psi from teaming with monks :rolleyes:

Zaq
15-06-04, 21:27
And Spy PSI.
And PE PSI.
And Tank PSI.

Not so bad for the last one.
And PEs can get stuff from teaming.
Spies, however are equally screwed.

You can't really compare getting 20 psi on a spy with getting 35 dex on a monk, theres a heck of a difference.

getting 10 int on a tank is piss easy also

Biznatchy
16-06-04, 01:23
ah yeah. They are considering what you did to be a exploit.

Read more here (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?p=1422439#post1422439)

Slaughter

You know what fuck them. That is complete bullshit. This whole bussiness of making you do mission to level off skills is bullshit. Im pretty sick of it after leveling as many char as i have doing 500 aggy missions to level psi on spies and the other off skills.

damit cant you just let people have fun in your goddam game KK.

FUCK THE FUNN%Z*S

Sleeperx
16-06-04, 01:56
Like its been said, you can't compare getting 20 PSI on a spy to getting 35 dex on a monk ( I only got spies) So it would be nice in teams to get some gains from other classes main skill. i.e with a tank u get str, a monk psi, spy int and PE dex or something like that anyway. Just a thought. :lol:

Birkoff
16-06-04, 02:50
They said that the reduction in repairing is only till they come up wiht a "fix"

So waittill the end of Beta 5 and you will be able to repair a rhino to get it capped it will jsut take longer :)

Like its been said, you can't compare getting 20 PSI on a spy to getting 35 dex on a monk ( I only got spies) So it would be nice in teams to get some gains from other classes main skill. i.e with a tank u get str, a monk psi, spy int and PE dex or something like that anyway. Just a thought. :lol:

PE needs to team to get PSI XP.... but u can just team urself.... and get PSI xXP.... gotta love teh features.