PDA

View Full Version : need help with my site...

tomparadox
15-06-04, 08:28
this isent an add for it, but i would like to know how i could incress how many people use look at my site, people download shit, but noone uses the forum :/... my site is www.lostomega.net, take a look and give me some sugestions, i can try to make it better.

ou7blaze
15-06-04, 11:56
There has to be an incentive.

I've made a forum before which ended up with 200 members but i got bored of maintaining it so gaave up and my host expired and i ddin't bother to pay more so ther eit went down the drain :\

I can help u if join my clan and change LO to eX :D

The problem with forums is there must be something good for people to look for or view, good information on the game, good things to be discussed, active members, info runners will need, anything you can think of is good.

Just keep telling friends and spreading the info and people will soon come, it takes quite a long time but it's worth it in the end, good luck :)

naimex
15-06-04, 12:37
dont feel bad.. no one uses my forum either...

but it doesnt really matter..

I really have the domain to practise making websites..

To host files I need somewhere else and I´m too lazy to burn out..

stuff like that.

but yes as was said, you need something people would want for them to bother looking..

When I still had the Skillmanager lying around, people came quite frequent, the second we closed it off, then they stopped coming..

And I think the main thing that will make people come to neocron.org is the itemdatabase and the guides we have been making..

but the site isnt done yet.. so we decided to not make it public until we got everything ready..

and yes i know I cancelled.. but I still made the itemdatabase (which gets updated from the website by admins)

and I spent an ass load of time (3 weeks just typing info from game to database), so of course I hope people will use it.. but if not.. then at least I learned a shitload of info about the items in the game.

So, want people to come.. make something they will want to have..

Luxury items attracts curious people, that tells friends, that enhances the amount of visitors.

[TgR]KILLER
15-06-04, 12:43
Naimex.. you used any of the info i sended to dax ? was a few mb's in html.. story info and a bug free version of all factions ( the one on nc.com aint realy bug free lol )

and more info about all weapons and stuff.. Neocron.org was my idea. and dex decided to help since he knows php and would take care of the server.. the domain is still mine realy i payed for it :p tho. dax took over the project when i was gone for a few months.

naimex
15-06-04, 12:50
he might have used it..

I took all the items in the game, and typed stats, and stuff in..

Here is the data I entered for each item (i only did the itemdatabase.. the other people did everything else, so it might be on one of the other pages i cant see yet) :

Name:
TL:
Type:
Bonus 1:
Bonus 2:
Bonus 3:
Negation 1:
Negation 2:
Negation 3:
Requirements 1:
Requirements 2:
Price:
Weight:

tomparadox
15-06-04, 16:11
hm, sounds like some good information, ill try to get some stuff put together to stick on the site.

I can help u if join my clan and change LO to eX :D
:p lol, i dunno if i can do that, eX is CA right?