PDA

View Full Version : whats the deal with saturn server today?

WebShock
14-06-04, 18:21
I got used to the weekend lag, but dammit its monday and the lag and zoning is at its worst.

Can a server admin look into the issue? I hate losing ppu spells due to problems that shouldnt occur.

This game is the epitome of the definition... GHETTO

ResurgencE
14-06-04, 19:16
Its extremely bad at the moment. Logged my apu, went into PP, turned into a tank, gogu and CC opened up, then black sync screen.

Logged my ppu, went into PP, turned into a monk with no PA and 90 hp, gogu and CC opened up, then black sync screen.

Im surprised we dont get a black sync screen when we log into the forums sometimes as well. :/

Omnituens
14-06-04, 19:22
2 words

ABSOLUTLY FUCKED

Huzar
14-06-04, 19:27
hehe... but seriously... it sux :wtf:

YoDa-UK
14-06-04, 19:35
Is this just saturn thats really bad today, or are people finding all servers doing this, I have a theory on it.

Someone told me about gaining xp today, from what they was used to they are getting a lot less from the same thing, now i reckon something has happened to the servers "server side" that has changed this, hence why its all screwed up.

KK obviously won't say they have done anything, hell their patch notes never give teh full details on a game we pay for, so why would they let us know they have made another change elsewhere.

MY son just logged in to saturn, we was going to go TP hunting on our spies, but he GR'ed from plaza 2 heading to the racetrack, black screen sync for 10 mins then he was returned to plaza 2 with GR SI :mad:

I think I'll avoid saturn for the time being, no point getting stressed over something that is someone else's fault.

Timon
14-06-04, 19:47
Sux. Bad. KK doin "something" again. Bah... why do I even bother to post?

WebShock
14-06-04, 19:48
yoda, what you are forgetting is that kk doesnt give a shit about us whining, they realize that we will pay to play regardless of the fact that this has been a problem that has plagued them for months.

INEPTITUDE

my opinion on kk's frame of thought:
yea you pay to play, so what, its our game. deal with it.
you dont like it, quit like everyone else

:rolleyes:

you know i'm a nc fanboy. i stick through all the inept coding, fucked patches, FRE's, shit FPS in a real fight, zone bugs, exploits, hell the list goes on.
the minute you take away the ability for me to actually play the game i tolerate, i go straight to fileplanet and begin to download the SWG 14 day trial.
NC may > SWG, but when you cant play the game worth a fuck, its time to see what the rukus sony stirred up to make kk start selling NC > SWG merchandise

KK your management of this game is fucking terrible. If you applied the same effort you do to mod'ing these forums to actually running this game, im sure you wouldnt have as many problems as you do.

very disgruntled customer

PS is this a bad publicity post? FUCK YEA! I would hate to see other ppl get fooled into paying for this G H E T T O fucking service you call neocron. If you were a broadband ISP i would go back to 56k, it would run better.

nuff said.

n3m
14-06-04, 19:48
I'm telling you, the sunday lag has moved to monday

Original monk
14-06-04, 19:52
i yust got one of my friends to play neocron ... he was playing today and got stuck in synching about a hundred times .. lots of times he died cause he got stuck in synch next to a factionguard in PP while buying rocketlauncher ammo ..

now he's character is stuck in synch and he cant play

think i gonna fill in an errorreport cause this was he's only char on saturn and now he cant play ... but when i notice this thread i think the server is a bit unstable to play it seems

anyways have fun

Omnituens
14-06-04, 19:54
We too have noticed a huge drop in XP gain... Somethings been do to the server.

slaughteruall
14-06-04, 19:56
I'm at work so i cant look. But what is the server count? In my area here all the schools are out for the summer. So if it's like this else where that might be one reason. More people on in the day time then usual.

Slaughter

WebShock
14-06-04, 19:56
one more thing,

i dont give a shit if its a level 3 fault, kk servers or whoever the fuck. the service i am paying for isnt working. as a customer friendly company, you should be trying to fix this.

oh wait, i forgot, customer service isnt 24/7 although the game runs 24/7.

i dunno how much longer i can put up with this. stuff like this is so demoralizing that i dont think the thought of doy can motivate me to sticking through it.

)iMpLoSiOn(
14-06-04, 20:05
yep... its amazing how many BlackSync´s u can get in this "Game" !. 8|
plz restart the Server :o

P.S.: i forgot the Lags... and Pings between -> 80ms and 1900ms

Rob01m
14-06-04, 20:35
Yes, the lag is pretty bad. I've been having zoning troubles as well. I'd run to a zone line and wait there for 5 minutes sometimes, and if I quit and came back, it wouldn't affect the waiting time. :P

Eledhbrant
14-06-04, 21:15
I logged in, ran to PP, zoned, NO WAIT I DIDNT IM STUCK IN AN ENDLESS SYNC, relog, im in plaza 3 before zoneline o_O. Try again, stuck in sync. Relog, im at plaza 3 reset point. Try again, stuck in sync, Im at pepper 1 reset point. Can't leave the zone cos I get stuck in endless sync and relog in the same zone. So I said to my clanmate, "Fuck this im logging."

Wonderful isn't it KK when your servers run so shit that it makes people just, log off. QUICK ADD MORE NPCS IN THE CITY MAKE IT LOOK POPULATED!!!111

slaughteruall
14-06-04, 21:26
The way this looks is very bad. I dont think this game can wait for BDOY for new servers. It can't handle the player base the way it is. You got people from USA/ireland/england/ hell even germany. Complaining about this shit. It's not just a USA issue. It's everywhere. This shit needs to be sorted before you loose even more of your player base.

This is not how MMORPG's are ran.

Slaughter

Nidhogg
14-06-04, 21:31
I just came from P2 and everything looked ok - ping of mid 60s. Is there any particular place you're getting lag or is it everywhere?

N

/edit

you know i'm a nc fanboy.
Phew, I'm glad about that, because, you know, otherwise, you might have said something that wasn't nice.

WebShock
14-06-04, 21:37
no need to get sarcastic nidhogg. mod or not this game isnt worth my money anymore.

pathetic. why say something nice about something so ineptly managed.

jiga
14-06-04, 21:41
Ping: 879. Damn, and I thought my broadband was supposed to be 600k...

Nidhogg
14-06-04, 21:42
I just tried the P3 to PP zone line. Got 76 ping in P3 and 73 ping in PP. It may have been a glitch so I'd be interested to see if anyone who was experiencing difficulties could try again.

N

/edit - I just warped to you, jiga, and got a ping of 67.

Can someone do a tracert and see if they're getting a lag en-route somewhere?

jiga
14-06-04, 21:50
I just tried the P3 to PP zone line. Got 76 ping in P3 and 73 ping in PP. It may have been a glitch so I'd be interested to see if anyone who was experiencing difficulties could try again.

N

/edit - I just warped to you, jiga, and got a ping of 67.

Can someone do a tracert and see if they're getting a lag en-route somewhere?
Yep it's alright now. wub u nid

slaughteruall
14-06-04, 21:57
Still curious what KK is using for a server. Anyone know for a fact? And have some to back them up.

Slaughter

Nidhogg
14-06-04, 22:03
Search the forums, you may be surprised.

N

Lexxuk
14-06-04, 22:09
Still curious what KK is using for a server. Anyone know for a fact? And have some to back them up.

Slaughter

if i remember right, a couple of pentium 2's with a gig of ram, not even powerful enough for home use these days :p

Xypher
14-06-04, 22:32
I can log in but when I select either Saturn or Pluto (the only servers which I have characters on) to log into I get a FRE or just an unknown crash. I can log into servers on which I don't have characters like Uranus. Just wondering if ya'll think this is related to the "issues" the servers are having ro if it's local to my machine.

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 02:34
Search the forums, you may be surprised.

N

Dont know why i didn't think of that. Oh wait i will list them for you.

Do a search for these words under community talk english

servers -- 500 threads
KK servers -- 241 threads
level3 servers -- 4 threads

And nonr of them had anything owrth while. And no i did not read every thread read the titles and glanced threw a large number of them. So nidhogg tell me the words to search for?

Slaughter

ezza
15-06-04, 02:38
search for posts by niddy as hes stated the servers details before, though he posts alot so you will be busy looking :D

slaughteruall
15-06-04, 03:08
BTW saturn is still shit. ping of 600 and crashing about every other zone if i make it threw.

Slaughter

MkVenner
15-06-04, 09:59
I logged on to saturn for a coupla minutes to trade some stuff and i synced ontop of the NC Gates then proceeded to fall down the cavity behind. I reset position, ran through OZ, GRed to Plaza 2 go there, synced into the aggies and proceeded to get ********** by some TG....

and i have noticed the XP gain has dropped on my new APU and MC PE....i was getting like 30-50 XP for killing a 10/10 on a 0/2

ou7blaze
15-06-04, 10:46
and people wonder why i dont play on saturn , especially when i already get 360 average ping on uranus ... (not KK fault i live in HK duh)...

ou7blaze
15-06-04, 10:46
But i dont understand this Jupiter sometimes has MORE and it doesn't lag or does it i have no idea...

anyways, KK please fix the server / service or whatever for EVERYONE< the game is unplayable as far as i can see for ppl on saturn at least anyway..