PDA

View Full Version : Strange Books (yay!)

Callash
14-06-04, 16:38
Yes, the Strange Books drop too often, still. The overall drop chance is 1% per mob kill, which appears to be still too high. I know that you are frazzled about the whole Strange Book thing. Trust me, the feeling is mutual.

I would like to poll your opinion on what we should do. No guarantee that we will do what the poll says though.

Jeros82
14-06-04, 16:39
Yes, the Strange Books drop too often, still. The overall drop chance is 1% per mob kill, which appears to be still too high. I know that you are frazzled about the whole Strange Book thing. Trust me, the feeling is mutual.

I would like to poll your opinion on what we should do. No guarantee that we will do what the poll says though.

Then why isn't there a poll in this post ???? :eek:

J. Folsom
I think we should all meet, have a happy prayer session, burn the strange books in a bonfire, and then pass along the feelings of love and happiness!

Freeejumper
how about never release the termi :P i already got mine so i wouldnt care :)

jiga
14-06-04, 16:41
Make it drop 1 in 4 times from the swamp cave shaman along with the drugs

Lethys
14-06-04, 16:44
Add it to the rare pool for now, get the books sorted in time for BDoY.

Ulle
14-06-04, 16:44
Increase the amount of strange books that are needed to get the Termi?....

*Runs back to NCPD HQ*

Oath
14-06-04, 16:45
Wipe now.

The drop rate is fucked again, no-one's fault really. however there are a few exploits that allow to get books EVERY drop, i have already reported these via Danae.

Lexxuk
14-06-04, 16:45
Whatever you do, do it quickly so you can fix the 0.0005% chance of getting a rare, and remove the 99.99999% chance of getting glass from a 120/120 Grim Chaser :p

n3m
14-06-04, 16:46
Id say bring out a patch now, that will fix the book droprate(lol). The longer you wait the more pissed off people would be when their books get whiped again.

CALLASH SMASH!!11 woohoo \m/

burn teh ulle!

cRazy2003
14-06-04, 16:51
CALLASH SMASH!!!1!

omg violence :0

[TgR]KILLER
14-06-04, 16:53
whatever you do get it ingame before DOY ;)

i lommed to pure trade prob till DOY so i won't be needing a termi before i lom back.. tho.. adding termies to the rare pool might give me a change of constructing one for my own :p

winnoc
14-06-04, 16:53
Yeah, fix the droprate and take out the books, i hate it when i go hunting now i can't recycle drugs from junk, and that i get shit amount of rares, and i get books which keep disappearing from my cabs.

Genty
14-06-04, 16:56
I have mixed feelings on this, on one hand i like the idea of getting the termi a different way than the other rares that are available....however, with all the problems with the strangebooks I think it's just take to add it to the rare pool and get it over and done with. It's not like people can cry too much with that. (Unless the drop rate remains screwed :D)

You can always remove it from the rare pool when the strange books drop correctly later.

Also...Remove Drones from the rare pool and put a run in for drones....remember....

people groan
when they get drones

....ok it was bad....but the fact that they are BP'able just Pollutes to rare pool with things people don't want...much like the Ultima and slot enhancer parts used to.

Oath
14-06-04, 16:57
Do the people that say 'add it to the rare pool' actually think about what they're saying?

The concept of this run is a complicated one, getting the strange books to drop seems even more complicated, wouldnt you rather have the run, wich adds more content for ALL levels, rather than have it added to an already overpoluted rare pool? Removing Ultimas and slot enhnacers was a 100% step in the right direction, making them drop whole was genius, and this run will fooking r0x0r j00 b0><0|p5, sure it sucks to get your books wiped again, but personally i have too many after too few bots.

So wipe now. And fix the rate :)

cRazy2003
14-06-04, 16:59
Do the people that say 'add it to the rare pool' actually think about what they're saying?

The concept of this run is a complicated one, getting the strange books to drop seems even more complicated, wouldnt you rather have the run, wich adds more content for ALL levels, rather than have it added to an already overpoluted rare pool? Removing Ultimas and slot enhnacers was a 100% step in the right direction, making them drop whole was genius, and this run will fooking r0x0r j00 b0><0|p5, sure it sucks to get your books wiped again, but personally i have too many after too few bots.

So wipe now. And fix the rate :)

i voted for add it to the rarepool :p
and oath u nib, on your sig that bear is not a carebear, its the bear off rainbows, and a mean motherfucking carebear at that. i bet danae told u that with her fraggle rock and shit :p

Tratos
14-06-04, 17:02
How about.....

-suits up in inqui 4-

Just get a few GMs who are bored (:p) and get them to run about the place in a similar style to the spirit mod geeze and if killed drops a strange book, he could even use the termi (:p) the books couldbe i dunno somthing to do with a group of people or somthing (i dunno the back story on the gun's bio)

I dunno then while the servers are having relativly frequent visits from the GM who drops them and theres a few floating on the servers they can then do the runs for them with the books they get (obviously kill the drop rate and nuke all CURRENT strange books) and while this is happening with the GM droppage run doage you guys can be working on the SB drop and keep it as a test on the test server untill its just right meaning

1) You can finaly impliment the run
2) There wont be fuck loads of books about
3) The termi will still be a challenge to accuire
4) You guys can work on the drop rate without pressures of the community to get it sorted for release.
5) You have time to test and perfect it whilst the termi is still knocking about.

Just my view of it...cough

i voted CALLASH SMASH!!!1! to see if i can smash this idea into his head enough to do it :p

What you guys think then? :p

ezza
14-06-04, 17:04
ill vote once i get home and see if i kept that strange book i got the other day ;)

Oath
14-06-04, 17:04
i voted for add it to the rarepool :p
and oath u nib, on your sig that bear is not a carebear, its the bear off rainbows, and a mean motherfucking carebear at that. i bet danae told u that with her fraggle rock and shit :p

Bungle pwns.

And so as not to get OT, um......Bungle and Wideheart Bear vote Wipe the books now.

cRazy2003
14-06-04, 17:11
Bungle pwns.

And so as not to get OT, um......Bungle and Wideheart Bear vote Wipe the books now.

wideheart bear is so fucking kos, damn him so...

jernau
14-06-04, 17:15
Wipe now.

Anything else will lead to justified whining. At least with a wipe the whiners don't have a leg to stand on and we can just point at them and laugh.

le noob
14-06-04, 17:26
add the damn thing to rare pool and fire the people who keep messing the drop rate up

good idea about increasing the ammount of books needed for the run too
ulle

just make it so you need more to match the increased drop rate

J. Folsom
14-06-04, 17:27
add the damn thing to rare pool and fire the people who keep messing the drop rate up
They'd actually end up firing Callash if they do fire the people who messing the drop rate up. :p

-=BlackBeard=-
14-06-04, 17:30
i hope u dont add termi to the rare pool itll be more fun doing the epic

SorkZmok
14-06-04, 17:30
Wipe n fix the droprate.

Was pretty funny though, logged in 5 mins after the patch, gred to battledome and fund one in the second wb i killed. When the old ones still were books, not milky rens. Then they all changed and i still had mine. :lol:

Xaru
14-06-04, 17:32
I am for a wipe again. Id rather see the thing working, which gives you guys more options for diverse and rare loot, than see another 6 parts added to the rare pool which give you an even smaller chance to get the parts you need. And i like the excitement about getting such a rare drop :) One in a hundred is too much.

And if you get that to work, you just might implement the treasuremap idea from my signuture :D

Regards
Xaru

garyu69
14-06-04, 17:33
How long will the run take when it is implemented?

If the run is of decent diffilculty how about leave them in and if you die during the run you lose the book or something.

as a Low Tech PE i wants me Termi.

Gohei
14-06-04, 17:34
Make 5 different runs for the 5 parts of Termi, and make every run consume 1 strange book. So in order to do all the runs you need 5 books, and when ur finished you end up with all 5 termi parts to build a termi. Jusst a thought.

Callash
14-06-04, 17:37
How about this: We put the Terminator in the Rare Pool for now, and continue tweaking the Strange Book thing in BDoY Beta?

I would like to get this finished in Retail, but the thing is, we cannot do many more Patches before BDoY, and this Strange Book stuff starts to seriously eat up resources here that are desperately needed somewhere else.

J. Folsom
14-06-04, 17:38
How about this: We put the Terminator in the Rare Pool for now, and continue tweaking the Strange Book thing in BDoY Beta?

I would like to get this finished in Retail, but the thing is, we cannot do many more Patches before BDoY, and this Strange Book stuff starts to seriously eat up resources here that are desperately needed somewhere else.
Sounds good to me. Makes for a good solution for the time being.

Xaru
14-06-04, 17:41

Well, then its not really a question, is it? If you cant fix the drop rate soon, and want the termi out, just add it to the rare pool. :D You just gotta find something new to test the drop rate on. How about treasure maps ;)

Regards
Xaru

Judge
14-06-04, 17:41
If its eating up precisous DoY time then FUCK IT!

Just put it in as a temp solution.

sir retail
14-06-04, 17:42
strange poll..

why can i only vote on not having books anymore..

you could ad a vote.. like

keep them going -- and if you read them you gain intell xp
sounds like im in school again listening to my teacher..

<<you schould read that book not copy the paper on it.>>

but anyway. if you take the books away a lot of ppl will be dissepointed i think.

I would vote but there is no positive answer to chose.. so i will not. sorry

garyu69
14-06-04, 17:50
I like what you suggest Callash, put it in Rare pool now.

Maybe just keep it there permenant and then when you get time try using the strage books for something completly new. Maybe a new weapon in the future.

jernau
14-06-04, 17:52

I'd rather it were wiped and left for BDoY in that case.

The "we cannot do many more Patches before BDoY" part worries me though.

Rob01m
14-06-04, 17:55

Yeah, just add them to the rare pool for now, and later on you can mess with Strange Books. In fact, you should probably wipe them and when you bring them back later, use them for something completely new like garyu69 suggested.

slaughteruall
14-06-04, 18:04
The "we cannot do many more Patches before BDoY" part worries me though.

Not really if you think about it. September 1st is only 2.5 months away. Figure at the current patch rate that is about 4 patches at the most. So 10 weeks 4 patches roughly a patch every other week.

I'm not to worried unless by not many more they mean maybe 1 or 2. That would blow badly.

Slaughter

jernau
14-06-04, 18:06
I'm not to worried unless by not many more they mean maybe 1 or 2. That would blow badly.

Slaughter
That's how I read it.

Despite the promise to avoid large bug-fileld patches with large interstices we still get them. An excuse to make this bad policy worse worries me.

RayBob
14-06-04, 18:14
Add the Terminator to the normal rare pool. Add slot enhancer and ultima parts back to the rare pool. Decrease the Strange Book drop rate from 1% to .1% and then add an NPC that gives you one random MC5 part for each book. DEEMPHASIZE ITEMS! :cool:

Freeejumper
14-06-04, 18:17

how about releasing doy 1 month earlier then adding the termi to the rarepool :angel:

Tratos
14-06-04, 18:27
Add the Terminator to the normal rare pool. Add slot enhancer and ultima parts back to the rare pool. Decrease the Strange Book drop rate from 1% to .1% and then add an NPC that gives you one random MC5 part for each book. DEEMPHASIZE ITEMS! :cool:
To be honest, that last thing you said, SUCKS

Sounds decent Callash but i think it would be better if available from killing a wandering GM :p to get your book for the run, the content will keep alot of people sane in the wait for NC:BDOY.

RayBob
14-06-04, 18:34
To be honest, that last thing you said, SUCKSThat's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. Personally, I hate MC5. Like most of you, I read many reviews and previews of other MMOs. One theme that is repeated amongst the developers is trying to eliminate the camping of one spot for unique items. If you want dungeon camping and ultra-rare, ultra-unique items...go play one of the 15,741 MMOs that over-emphasize items.

Oath
14-06-04, 19:19
Callash, that sounds fair enough, i think your only problem will be the little guy who saves up his rares and trades frantically trying to get the gun only to have them wiped at doy :lol:

Wouldn't adding them to the rare pool require a patch though??

Lucid Dream
14-06-04, 19:20
Hey, if you wipe strange books, turn them into something fun =D like.. uh.. "Half decrypted message" or... "Ohh.. its a book in japanese, it says have fun captain underpants" something to give to the people who bought them ^^

Oath
14-06-04, 20:55
*Bump*

I know bumping is bad but this should be stickied shouldn't it?

Tratos
14-06-04, 21:03
agreed somone get some chewing gum or somthing! :p

Btw Callash if it turns out to just go to the rare pool, is there an ETA on it? or at least a target?

alig
14-06-04, 21:16
Leave the books...add the run and let terminator's be normal weapons and not just another economy fuck up of an item :p

jiga
14-06-04, 21:34
Just add it to the rarepool. I'd rather have a fully functional doy on time then have u waste resources on the termi run and release doy late

MegaCorp
14-06-04, 22:10
Keep experimenting until you get it right. Make it VERY clear to everyone that is what you are doing, and that yelling and screaming and shedding tears over the issue wont make any difference. A hard decision [perhaps] to make, and it will bring a certain amount of grief to players, but once it is done and working correctly we will all be better off. It is called "play testing", yes? People should be able to put up with it. It would also be great if we could similarly help you folks play test various aspects of DOY ... which would undoubtly also include various scrubs and rollbacks as you experimented and fine tuned.

Spook @ Pluto.

Vid Gamer
14-06-04, 22:14
Just make it part of the rare pool.

mishkin
14-06-04, 22:15
Well, wipe again... oooh, that sounds naughty :p

Brammers
14-06-04, 22:41
Hmm, I guess the NPC for the start of the terminator run could be a rare spawn? So some days the NPC is there, other days it's not...and it moves?

ufora
14-06-04, 22:44
give everyone a 5 slot all 120/120 termi that cant be damaged.

problem solved.

Jest
14-06-04, 22:45
The Strange Book run for a rare item is an absolutely great idea, but I think itd be good for the Termi to be in game. Perhaps you can keep tweaking the Strange Book drop and use it for a different rare further down the line.

Koshinn
14-06-04, 23:00
How about.....

-suits up in inqui 4-

Just get a few GMs who are bored (:p) and get them to run about the place in a similar style to the spirit mod geeze and if killed drops a strange book, he could even use the termi (:p) the books couldbe i dunno somthing to do with a group of people or somthing (i dunno the back story on the gun's bio)

I dunno then while the servers are having relativly frequent visits from the GM who drops them and theres a few floating on the servers they can then do the runs for them with the books they get (obviously kill the drop rate and nuke all CURRENT strange books) and while this is happening with the GM droppage run doage you guys can be working on the SB drop and keep it as a test on the test server untill its just right meaning

1) You can finaly impliment the run
2) There wont be fuck loads of books about
3) The termi will still be a challenge to accuire
4) You guys can work on the drop rate without pressures of the community to get it sorted for release.
5) You have time to test and perfect it whilst the termi is still knocking about.

Just my view of it...cough

i voted CALLASH SMASH!!!1! to see if i can smash this idea into his head enough to do it :p

What you guys think then? :p

How about no? That only lets people who are on at certain times get the item. This game has people in nearly every time zone, and being at GMT -10 really sucks in regards to gm-run events. And this would be a GM run event, however you look at it.

-FN-
14-06-04, 23:18

*Runs back to NCPD HQ*

Similarly, I think:

- Reduce the Drop rate to .75% instead of 1%
- The run should still require a Strange Book.
- Change the existing Strange Books to Strange Pages.
- Add and NPC that will take 25 Strange Pages and another item and/or 100k that will give you in return, a Strange Book.
- This Strange Book completes what you need for the Termi run.

-FN-
14-06-04, 23:21
That's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. Personally, I hate MC5. Like most of you, I read many reviews and previews of other MMOs. One theme that is repeated amongst the developers is trying to eliminate the camping of one spot for unique items. If you want dungeon camping and ultra-rare, ultra-unique items...go play one of the 15,741 MMOs that over-emphasize items.

Amen. Why MMORPG makers feel the need to shove all 'end-game' players into the same god damn place for hours is beyond me. Can't wait until DoY comes out and they realize, oh... there are 500 people trying to get into the same zone... why don't the servers like that?

jiga
14-06-04, 23:26
If it was added to the rare pool it should require a single tech part to build (called strange book if you want). This means that approx 1 in 400 tech parts are a strange book rarepart. This could then be given to an NPC to start the run. Dunno if this would require less work than having to create a unique drop rate for the strange book....

Shadow Dancer
14-06-04, 23:27
Option 3. Just add it to the rare parts pool. For now just experiment with the drop rate for strange books till you get it right, but just add the termi poo to the pool.

Freya
15-06-04, 02:40
am going to sticky this for 2 days, to make sure it doesnt drift off the fourms, think thisis a pretty important question

Exodia
15-06-04, 03:57
Similarly, I think:

- Add and NPC that will take 25 Strange Pages and another item and/or 100k that will give you in return, a Strange Book.

Best thing i was read so far about this!

As well fix the drop not only Books or Rares i mean all .... loot Green / Blue or whatever Por Gland, single wood, glass, metall pipes etc from mobs of 80/80 up realy sux more then the Book ever will do!

IceStorm
15-06-04, 04:05
Yes, the Strange Books drop too often, still.It was cute when the utter inability to get the Strange Book drop working "just so" was something one could laugh at others about - as a tech rifle Spy I could care less about Terminator. Now that it's interfering with existing item drop mechanics, I say you take it completely out of retail for now.

Put Terminator in as regular rarepart drops so that lowtech rifle users have a second lowtech rare to squabble over. Go back to the test server and perfect the drop rate there.

Drexel
15-06-04, 04:29
Add it to the rare pool NOW.

Keep working on the strange books & when there working use them for the next 'new' rare, im sure there will be others.

Theirs currently a hole in Low tech rifle options big enough to drive a truck through, & ive had to LOM my Low tech rifler to Pistols to keep leveling. :( Low tech pistoliers get a weapon that out damages the top low tech rifle by more than 40%, even with the termi in this is still a problem that will need fixing.

(or does the quest you have designed relate specifically to the Termi & its history ?)

If the run is termi specific then just add Strange page 1,2,3 ->10, once you get all 10 pages you can make a book & then do run.

G.0.D.
15-06-04, 04:34
I payed 500k for one book -____-

Your lucky I love you callash

IceStorm
15-06-04, 04:40
I payed 500k for one bookKK has cried wolf so many, many times on this item that you should have known better than to believe the patch notes. You've been here long enough to know that what KK puts in patch notes is not literal, it's just meant as a general guide to the changes they make...

You've also been here long enough that 500k is a pittance. :-) I was loving the lack of Psi armor NPCs after the patches. I got 2 mil for one PA and a mil for a few others. Filled the coffers of my other two characters quite nicely.

G.0.D.
15-06-04, 04:43
Well, I do have 60 odd million to my name so I guess I will get over it... :rolleyes:

amfest
15-06-04, 05:01
Well how about having the books or terminator parts drop off DOYbots instead. Or put it off a bossmob. Something So the already polluted rare pool for regular tech parts just doesn't get even more polluted with parts -_-;;

G.0.D.
15-06-04, 05:03
looking at games like ragnarok...

Some of the rare items have a 1 in 10,000 chance to drop....
and you put the boxs at 1 in 100 :P?

IceStorm
15-06-04, 05:06
Something So the already polluted rare pool for regular tech parts just doesn't get even more polluted with parts -_-;;You do realize they removed around 50 parts from the L pool last patch, right? All the Ultimas and slotenhancers are out...

extract
15-06-04, 06:03
I dont see why there was ever a need to have a specific run for ONE rare...

I personally say wipe the books....OR.....add it to rare pool

whatever you do dont do the choice where you say to stop the drop and start the run.....because there are some people AGAIN who will have no chance at attaining one unless they pay like over 20 mil and some stupidly rare item or whatever.....

its either give everyone a chance...or noone

thats my opinion on the topic

Redburn
15-06-04, 06:04
Hey G.0.D. what to buy some more books? I just threw nine out into plaza 1 two nights ago after spending 10 minutes hunting Warbots in J_02 nine wb's nine strange books. Cut the strange books out of the drops restore the drops back to pre-strange book, something in the code is messing the mob drops up bad. Like others had said here, your out hunting decayed horror's and brute's you take the time to find them and kill them, you should get something in return, right? Not broken glass or metal pipes!

Redburn 64/64 ** Rifle/Spy

IceStorm
15-06-04, 06:10
I dont see why there was ever a need to have a specific run for ONE rare...The original intent, as I recall, was to try out how well this run idea works. First they said something about boss mobs dropping it, then changed to all mobs, but low probability.

Unfortunately, due to the inability to code up the drop rate to Callash's precise requirements (god knows what the difference between 1% and 0.75% will be in production), they've never gotten past step 1 of this trial - getting the books to drop at that "magic" rate.

I believe part of the intention may be to add other rares in this manner. It's just they decided to play around with the second lowtech rifle to start with. Not a wise move as lowtech rifle users have only one rare...

amfest
15-06-04, 06:37
You do realize they removed around 50 parts from the L pool last patch, right? All the Ultimas and slotenhancers are out...
and just because of that let's start by adding something to it again? I say no. Since it's unique or suppose to be they shoudl throw it in something else.

tomparadox
15-06-04, 06:46
Whatever you do, do it quickly so you can fix the 0.0005% chance of getting a rare, and remove the 99.99999% chance of getting glass from a 120/120 Grim Chaser :p
lmao, yea please lol...

Id say bring out a patch now, that will fix the book droprate(lol). The longer you wait the more pissed off people would be when their books get whiped again.
i agree, IMO screw it, if you wipe them, everyones going to be pissed off, bring the patch out, and it will not be as dmging as it would be in a week... and i stil dont see how its high O_o iv been hutning fire mobs *** for the last 3 days str8, non stop all the time im on, and have goten 4 rare techs or so, and thats it...

jini
15-06-04, 06:51

Here is what I think:
There is no question that the terminator thing tired us all. Finding-erasing, finding-erasing books make this lose its shine.
1. Change all those strange books to something useful and new for everybody, not necessarily a gun. A new idea ... something else, but make it useful just to compensate for this first instance when we found those books and said: FINALLY i will make the termi. Do this now, or wait if you dont want to spend resources, but remove those strange books from the pool.
2. Forget the terminator run entirely. Change the name, it has bad reputation. Maybe introduce something new in the rare pool right now, but personally I wouldnt mind waiting till bdoy.
3. Whatever you do in the end, I think we will all forgive you :rolleyes:

tomparadox
15-06-04, 07:08
Here is what I think:
There is no question that the terminator thing tired us all. Finding-erasing, finding-erasing books make this lose its shine.
1. Change all those strange books to something useful and new for everybody, not necessarily a gun. A new idea ... something else, but make it useful just to compensate for this first instance when we found those books and said: FINALLY i will make the termi. Do this now, or wait if you dont want to spend resources, but remove those strange books from the pool.
2. Forget the terminator run entirely. Change the name, it has bad reputation. Maybe introduce something new in the rare pool right now, but personally I wouldnt mind waiting till bdoy.
3. Whatever you do in the end, I think we will all forgive you :rolleyes: i dont whant to w8 till DoY, shit they got me whanting it for the last 8 or so months i think i herd now lol :), yes thats a good idea though, make them something to compensate...

get rid of the books completly and the run and make a new form of rare, like 'Strang Part", cus i meen how you ganna get a termi out of a book Oo, make it so you need about, id say 8 or so of these "Strang Parts"( because everyone seems to whant it to be a REALY rare item, IMO if you whant it realy rare id go 10 of the "Strang Parts" ), and it be can csted jest like normal techs, that way you dont get riped with some NPC spawning it... oh and EDIT: tweek the drop rate a bit, i dont know how to tweek it because of dont know what its at now to compare with my idea, i know he said 1% but 1% of what? 1% of 1000? 100? 500? if i could get a chance type thing like IE it has a 20/50 chance of droping i could give you a number to change it to probly...

IceStorm
15-06-04, 07:40
because everyone seems to whant it to be a REALY rare itemI certaintly don't want it to be "really rare". I want it to be an alternative method for obtaining rares.

tomparadox
15-06-04, 08:25
I certaintly don't want it to be "really rare". I want it to be an alternative method for obtaining rares.
bah =p, i dont like the idea of an NPC spawning your gun with a less than 1% chance of what you need to make it droping, EVERY time i do the CM epic i get screwed over with some cheep 0 sloted speed gat... same with TT epic, i hate NPCs spawning things...

amfest
15-06-04, 08:44
bah =p, i dont like the idea of an NPC spawning your gun with a less than 1% chance of what you need to make it droping, EVERY time i do the CM epic i get screwed over with some cheep 0 sloted speed gat... same with TT epic, i hate NPCs spawning things...
I like the idea of everyone having to work really hard to get a version of the weapon they like rather than using the overabaunce of money alot of people have and buying hundreads of weaponparts and such to build as many as they can to get the slottage they want. With a run you'd have to work it everytime to get another shot at it.

I know rares are a bit different . .but people throw around money also for unressed techparts. Besides unlike a rare you'd just have to find the one thing needed .. .the strange book and do whatever else is required of the run. Sounds a hella lot better than farming rare parts adn then going through the process of getting the researched and after you've gone through trading and such . .finally getting a good constructor,

-=Bl@de=-
15-06-04, 09:06
Please for the love of god do not add it to the tech pool, i hardly have the time to hunt techs and im certainly not paying saturn prices for the parts.

IceStorm
15-06-04, 09:26
I like the idea of everyone having to work really hard to get a version of the weapon they like rather than using the overabaunce of money alot of people have and buying hundreads of weaponparts and such to build as many as they can to get the slottage they want.Exactly where has it been stated that Terminators will have all-120% stats and at least one slot, because that's about the only way the run would guarantee that everyone gets a version they'll like...

IF there was a guarantee that Terminators would be all-120% and have at least one slot, THEN your assertion would make sense. As it is, it doesn't. I see no less work being done to get a Terminator than it takes to get a properly slotted rare weapon with good stats. Finding parts, finding a constructor, and getting rares built takes as much if not more effort than something which you do via a run...

amfest
15-06-04, 09:47
only with a run (in most case) you don't need anyone else really to complete it. With tech parts you need to find people with the skills that you dont' have and or pay people/trade to get the parts and things you do need. Depending on what server you play and what time of the day you play sometimes these things can be very daunting now.

Tratos
15-06-04, 09:57
im pretty sure that the NPC gives you a pile of parts rather than a built weapon :)

IceStorm
15-06-04, 09:59
only with a run (in most case) you don't need anyone else really to complete it.Except there's no poll option that says, "keep book drop and add run". If the run's added, there will be only a finite number of terminators on the server due to no drops. If terminator is added to the rarepart pool, there will be an unlimited number of terminators available. If there was an "add run and rarepart drop" option, I'd vote for that, but there isn't.
With tech parts you need to find people with the skills that you dont' have and or pay people/trade to get the parts and things you do need.Maybe you do. I need no assistance when it comes to the creation almost all rares (MC5 excluded), from the hunting of parts to their researching to the final construction, my Spy does it all.

Besides, this is an MMO...

-=Bl@de=-
15-06-04, 10:05
im pretty sure that the NPC gives you a pile of parts rather than a built weapon :)

Yes, i heard that

Can we have an official word on this please?

Nippa
15-06-04, 10:49
The way i see it is that not everyone has a book so bring the run out .. like most rares that are in the pool everyone must have 2 of each at least ;)

Maarten
15-06-04, 10:50
Why not add the Termi to the rare pool and remove the drones from the rare pool. Then when the book drop rate is at the desired level, you can do the run and get a batch of rare drones... Maybe the run could be a special droning run.

Jeros82
15-06-04, 12:00

*Runs back to NCPD HQ*

*Logs his CA Rifle PE and starts looking in the NCPD HQ for the traitor and informs the CopBots*

[TgR]KILLER
15-06-04, 12:15

w0rd thats an idea.. just figure out how to get the books working later.. atm i just want the termi's in.. and people saying " i aint gonna pay saturn prices for them" well a fucked economie on 1 server aint a reason to put a rare FINALY ingame imho

ezza
15-06-04, 12:16
ok i checked i still got the book i found the other day, so implement the run :D

naimex
15-06-04, 12:58
Make a mob that spawns randomly throughout the wastes..

make that mob the only thing that drops the rarebook.

make it :

Name : "Wanderer"
Skin : "Nomad Trader"
Weapon (using) : "Terminator"
Loot : "Strange Book" + "Blueprint for Terminator" (droprate at same as MC5 parts)

And then just make him spawn randomly throughout the wastes...

So he will be hard to find, cuz he will never be the same place..(so he cant get exploited)

He will act as a run-away engineer that has made the terminator, but has chosen a life of exile. (wow RP... hmm lets forget it then, itīs forbidden)

Just my idea.. donīt know if people like it or not.. but who gives a fuck, this is what my idea is about.

Scikar
15-06-04, 13:02
I dont see why there was ever a need to have a specific run for ONE rare...
If it works, the plan is to extend it for all rares, potentially.

You do realize they removed around 50 parts from the L pool last patch, right? All the Ultimas and slotenhancers are out...
That's no reason to start filling it up with useless junk again...

Similarly, I think:

YES! Please, please go with this one. If you add the parts to the rare pool, you start clogging up the pool again, the first parts sell at ridiculous prices, plus the tech part drop rate isn't exactly spot on at the moment which means there's going to be a lot of bitching that people can't find Termi parts unless they buy them from other people at like 10 mil a pop. When you finally release the run, nobody will do it because everybody has their Termi already. So you wouldn't get much feedback on it, which doesn't make for a very good experiment on a future method of delivering rares, does it?

Similarly, don't add the run when there are no drops. Because then you get basically the same situation. Granted there are a few books around already, so in fact we would probably just see an initially high price paid by those without books, then the price drops as the demand does and people complete the runs, then in a couple of months it skyrockets because there are none on the market any more.

-FN-'s idea is spot on, it doesn't penalise people who already have books and it doesn't penalise people without them.

ichinin
15-06-04, 13:25
Book -> Rarepool, tweak in BDoY.

What's the stats of the Termi anyway? From what i heard about it is that i think i've already grown out of it..

Clownst0pper
15-06-04, 13:32
Well its already implemented into the rare tech pool, players have them on saturn.

Happy hunting :)

YoDa-UK
15-06-04, 14:14
@ Callash

You forgot an extra option, to addin the terminator to the rare pool but also nerfing it to high hell and increasing the decay rate on all rare wepons.

To many rares in the game, everyone has at least 1, thats NOT rare.

naimex
15-06-04, 14:21
@ Callash

You forgot an extra option, to addin the terminator to the rare pool but also nerfing it to high hell and increasing the decay rate on all rare wepons.

decay rate...

you mean you want libby decay rate on all guns ??

has to be repaired once a day ?

(poor poor gun :( I had my cs since I started playing -1 week.. not been repaired yet...)

but yes, it would help make rares rare.

ichinin
15-06-04, 14:30
@ Callash

I miss alot of rare weapons, i expect you to give me the stuff i dont have. Come to pluto and DM me later this evening (European night time) when you are ready to hand them over.

GambitFlame
15-06-04, 18:07
I honestly think that you should just add them to the rare pool, then everyone gets a chance to have one :)

Strange books were already selling for up to 7 mill so parts 'hopefully' might balance that out a bit

steweygrrr
15-06-04, 18:44
Hmmmm.....how about this one?

Instead of making all rare dropping mobs drop it, make it a cave run first. It may require implementation of a new cave (i.e OPEN REGANTS LEGACY!! Would be the perfect place for it, what with the new mutant cult). Make said cave boss mob have a chance (not a certainty) of dropping the book. That means there is one mob (okay maybe make a few other caves so it's not camped 24/7)....that means theres SOME mobs that have a CHANCE to drop the book, not a shitload of raredropping mobs that spawn all over the place and are damn easy to farm. That will reduce the drop rate and availability some.

zii
15-06-04, 20:30
Do not add the Termy to the rare pool. We want a cool run to do to get the gun. It makes it even more worth it. Just adding it to the pool makes it just like another other rare item. Having a fab run to do adds content and extends the game.

(ps. Haven't read the whole thread, of course)

n3m
15-06-04, 20:49
its already in rare pool.

Omnituens
15-06-04, 22:05
its already in rare pool.
is it? that means that they added it when they fixed the repair XP

Tratos
15-06-04, 23:08
is it? that means that they added it when they fixed the repair XP
Has there been a miny patch or somthing in the last few days? just i havnt logged in or was it a magical online tool thing?

Epsilon 5
16-06-04, 00:29

make it :

Loot : "Strange Book" + "Blueprint for Terminator" (droprate at same as MC5 parts)

So he will be hard to find, cuz he will never be the same place..(so he cant get exploited)

He will act as a run-away engineer that has made the terminator, but has chosen a life of exile. (wow RP... hmm lets forget it then, itīs forbidden)

Just my idea.. donīt know if people like it or not.. but who gives a fuck, this is what my idea is about.

I like that idea. You'd have NO idea where to look for ... that would make a TRULY rare item. I don't see why there should be a BP. he should just drop a single book and that's all, then you have to do the run.

Omnituens
16-06-04, 00:36
Has there been a miny patch or somthing in the last few days? just i havnt logged in or was it a magical online tool thing?
they can tweak something serverside with the servers still up - XP is controlled server side so it can be tweaked.

I dunno how they did the tech parts, i think they added them in last patch but didnt let them in the drop loots, and only put them in when they did the rep fix - as a back up plan if they screwed up the books again

IceStorm
16-06-04, 01:33
that would make a TRULY rare item.Making a "truly rare" for a weapon class that has been woefully overlooked is adding insult to injury. If you want a "truly rare" weapon, make it a tech rifle, tech pistol, tech cannon, or a melee, but not a lowtech rifle...

"rares" aren't supposed to be few and far between, just looking at their TLs and associated stats tells anyone that. This game was designed and written by germans who, at times, don't have a complete grasp of the english language. Because the descriptor has stuck doesn't mean people have to be asses about it.

jernau
16-06-04, 02:17
Making a "truly rare" for a weapon class that has been woefully overlooked is adding insult to injury. If you want a "truly rare" weapon, make it a tech rifle, tech pistol, tech cannon, or a melee, but not a lowtech rifle...

"rares" aren't supposed to be few and far between, just looking at their TLs and associated stats tells anyone that. This game was designed and written by germans who, at times, don't have a complete grasp of the english language. Because the descriptor has stuck doesn't mean people have to be asses about it.
Actually I think the term "rares" was just inherited from other RPGs. KK didn't name them that.

Nonetheless I think it's fine as a "real rare" considering anyone that can use it can also use the PE which is miles better in every way. If the weapons stay as they are I doubt more than one or two people will use the Termi a month after it becomes a normal "rare". People are only whining because they enjoy a good whine.

Moofausa
16-06-04, 04:27
While you guys are thinking about this shit .. i myself think it should just be implemented in any possible way bcuz this waiting shit is forever.. reimplement the "i bought a phospher terminator what a fucking noob who modded this.. oh lets turn it in for a unmodded terminator that would be the bomb jiggity!" thing so the people with terminators dont have to struggle.. :wtf:

{MD}GeistDamnit
16-06-04, 05:28
Wipe and fix then add the run, please it has taken what 6 months ?

tomparadox
16-06-04, 07:04
I like the idea of everyone having to work really hard to get a version of the weapon they like rather than using the overabaunce of money alot of people have and buying hundreads of weaponparts and such to build as many as they can to get the slottage they want. With a run you'd have to work it everytime to get another shot at it.

I know rares are a bit different . .but people throw around money also for unressed techparts. Besides unlike a rare you'd just have to find the one thing needed .. .the strange book and do whatever else is required of the run. Sounds a hella lot better than farming rare parts adn then going through the process of getting the researched and after you've gone through trading and such . .finally getting a good constructor,
yes, you have some good points, but people that dont need termis? theyll sell the books...

seriosly man, i have had bad experienses with that damn dude that spawnes the speed gat and the tangent epics, im serios about this, i NEVER get anything with more than one slot from NPCs spawning stuff... and its because its jest the code to spawn the gun, it dosent have the chance given by a TL 200+ cster added in, there fore your going to get a not nearly as good as weapon as you would if a TL 200+ cster made it...

and i agree, i dont whant it in the rare pool, im sick of hunting for stupid tech parts, then loging my resser after i find someone to transfer them, then ressing them and so on... if you do have the NPC, figur out a way to make the slots a little better chance if its going to be a lot of work to get it... i, and probly alot of other people, would serioslly be pissed to go thru hell to get a book with low drop rates, then have it come out with like 1 slot and bad stats...

make it :

i like that idea too... but with my luck id be the one to find it jest have no ppu or team to help me ^^

Bl@zed
16-06-04, 07:15
rare pool please.
if you want a rare to be really "rare" make it some huge nuclear cannon type of weapon, that only 3 or so people on the server can have, then its worth it....but tbh, nothing is REALLY special about the terminator to make it so rare...

Bl@zed
16-06-04, 07:16
rare pool please.
if you want a rare to be really "rare" make it some huge nuclear cannon type of weapon, that only 3 or so people on the server can have, then its worth it....but tbh, nothing is REALLY special about the terminator to make it so rare...

i agree with blazed.

Bl@zed
16-06-04, 07:18
rare pool please.

yeah me too, he ownz.

jernau
16-06-04, 09:11
rare pool please.
if you want a rare to be really "rare" make it some huge nuclear cannon type of weapon, that only 3 or so people on the server can have, then its worth it....but tbh, nothing is REALLY special about the terminator to make it so rare...I certainly don't want any ultra-rares that are special in terms of their actual damage dealing ability. That would be a balance issue and provoke much whining and bitching. Terminator is great as an ultra-rare precisely because no-one will gain anything by using it.

@Tomsparadox - 200+ CST doesn't make much difference and I think you've just been unlucky, I've had a 3-slot, a 4-slot and a 5-slot from the speed-gat NPC. If anything I'd say the weapon dispensing NPCs are more generous with slots than player CSTs. I doesn't matter though as the Strange-book run was always going to give parts, not a gun as I understand it.

Bl@zed
16-06-04, 10:09
I certainly don't want any ultra-rares that are special in terms of their actual damage dealing ability. That would be a balance issue and provoke much whining and bitching. Terminator is great as an ultra-rare precisely because no-one will gain anything by using it.

@Tomsparadox - 200+ CST doesn't make much difference and I think you've just been unlucky, I've had a 3-slot, a 4-slot and a 5-slot from the speed-gat NPC. If anything I'd say the weapon dispensing NPCs are more generous with slots than player CSTs. I doesn't matter though as the Strange-book run was always going to give parts, not a gun as I understand it.

yeah true, i was just throwing something out off the top of my head. But what i', saying is if kk wants to make a super rare weapon, it shouldn't be moddled after something thats already in the game, like there are non rare shotty's already in the game...what makes the rare one so special? plasma cannaons have their non rares and then the cursed soul and so on. It needs to be something "totally new".

Freya
16-06-04, 14:35
and now unsticked

StryfeX
16-06-04, 15:25

I would like to get this finished in Retail, but the thing is, we cannot do many more Patches before BDoY, and this Strange Book stuff starts to seriously eat up resources here that are desperately needed somewhere else.I would go for that. Especially if it puts more resources on DOY.

--Stryfe

naimex
16-06-04, 15:44
and now unsticked

Pardon me asking... but why ?

MkVenner
16-06-04, 15:45
mebbe theyve come to a decision, if so, will we have to wait till next patch to find out?

StryfeX
16-06-04, 15:56
Pardon me asking... but why ?
am going to sticky this for 2 days, to make sure it doesnt drift off the fourms, think thisis a pretty important questionhttp://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1422643#post1422643

--Stryfe