PDA

View Full Version : Zone = stuck to ground

Samhain
14-06-04, 14:13
Has anyone else had this problem? So far I've only found one other person...

Whenever I right-click to zone (running through zones is fine) I am stuck to the ground for anywhere between two and 30 seconds. This makes MC5 less than possible as the PPU... it's a plain bother anywhere, but MC5 is proving to be the biggest pain and after six months or so of this problem I've finally decided to ask.

I've reinstalled with a fresh download of all the files, and no, it fixed nothing... and logging in to my account on someone else computer had the same problem, but what's interesting is my friend who didn't have the problem, logged in to his account on mine, and it started doing it, and then when he went home, it kept doing it. It's like my computer cursed the account...

SjanTeN^
14-06-04, 14:37
Yup, on my way into PP took me arround 30 sec. i couldent c them but i could c i lost health =)

Samhain
14-06-04, 14:43
Erm, that's not quite what I am experiencing - I zone (again, it's only when I right click to zone, if I just zone in, to say, PP, from Plaza, I'm fine), the zone syncs and loads fine, I can see everyone, but I start to move and I get "warped" back to the zone starting point, I can move about 3-5 feet and then poof, back, and then move again, poof, back... I've tried all sorts of "voodoo" shortcuts like jumping before entering the zone, jumping after entering the zone, jumping and crouching, crouching, etc... and everyone else can see me getting warped back too

DonnyJepp
14-06-04, 15:14
this happens to me nearly every time I zone, it's like I'm stuck to the zone-in position for a very long time, as you said 2-30 seconds. Then my client seems to "sync up" with the server and lets me go.

slaughteruall
14-06-04, 15:19
When i zone in and out of sewers or OP UG's i'm stuck in that position for a while. I can move around but get thrown back to it. Cant change weapons or anything for 10 to 30 secs. Tried a few things to fix it but nothing really helped. I might try normal ATI drivers today (been using omega).

slaughter

Samhain
14-06-04, 15:30
Hmm, seems like it's quite random then, I don't get some of the problems you guys list, but I get some. I'm currently trying to res a PPU in MC5 and I can't because every time I go in I'm stuck for like 30 seconds.

Promethius
14-06-04, 16:12
Hmm, seems like it's quite random then, I don't get some of the problems you guys list, but I get some. I'm currently trying to res a PPU in MC5 and I can't because every time I go in I'm stuck for like 30 seconds.

I get this aswell going into the chaos caves. Tad annoying but thats about it. I think its still loading the next zone while your trying to run around. Its no biggy tho last about 2-5 secs for me.

ou7blaze
14-06-04, 16:13
Has anyone else had this problem? So far I've only found one other person...

Whenever I right-click to zone (running through zones is fine) I am stuck to the ground for anywhere between two and 30 seconds. This makes MC5 less than possible as the PPU... it's a plain bother anywhere, but MC5 is proving to be the biggest pain and after six months or so of this problem I've finally decided to ask.

I've reinstalled with a fresh download of all the files, and no, it fixed nothing... and logging in to my account on someone else computer had the same problem, but what's interesting is my friend who didn't have the problem, logged in to his account on mine, and it started doing it, and then when he went home, it kept doing it. It's like my computer cursed the account...

YES I GET THIS PROBLEM.

Jesus what the fuck is wrong with it.

It happens in crp caves, aggie cellars, anything u need to "click" to zone through.

I get stuck for like 10 seconds, and people can see me "move" when i press forward but then i will "fly" back to where i was glued to...

Poeple just go "haha u suck, lol stuck ? nice excuse" that really pisses me off i can't do jack shit honestly, i used to be able to stealth at least so i could wait till i was unstuck....

ou7blaze
14-06-04, 16:16
At first i thought this was a problem with my internet connection of where I live...

(1.5 megabit broadband, hong kong)

Probably not, but i get around 370 ping so it might be ???

Man i hope this somehow gets fixed because no one else gets it, apart from a very select few, and i just sometimes get either by mobs in CRP or by pkers :(

I can change weapons and do everything, just can't walk... sigh

EDIT: the problem is i NEVER got this problem till a month ago, i have tried other people's accounts all have the same problem so it's either my computer (no, i have reformed like 9 milion times only for neocron *sigh*) my connection ? , maybe, location ? dunno ...

please find a fix for this :\

Eledhbrant
14-06-04, 16:19
I've had this a few times, I usually stand still for a few seconds and then move.

Gestra had it zoning out of an OP UG he had logged in, there he was in front of ten FA monks, just looking at his poor stuck self, too surprised to bother shooting him, he made it to the GR surprisingly enough :p

Samhain
14-06-04, 16:21
I get a ping of 130 or so, so I don't think it's ping related.

Eledhbrant
14-06-04, 16:22
Same, ping doesnt affect it.

slaughteruall
14-06-04, 16:26
My usual ping is around 200 - 250 or so. With the occasional spikes of 600 to 1500.

Slaughter

WebShock
14-06-04, 18:25
my ping is >40 and i get this bug.

more when im in window mode but its occuring more and more since patch 200

COLD
14-06-04, 18:30
I only seem to have problems when zoning OUT of MC5. It's pretty rare for it to happen anywhere else

Scikar
14-06-04, 18:43
I get it all the time on 56k. Bandwidth usage increases massively while it's happening, and it's worse when there are a lot of people in the other zone (e.g. zoning up from UG at an OP war). Trying to move tends to make it worse. I usually just wait until the bandwidth usage drops, or switch weapon and wait until the weapon switches, before I move.

This doesn't happen on my other comp though. The other one is actually connected to the net, and shares the connection. I have a feeling it's a problem with NC trying to use more bandwidth than is available, though people on broadband with the same problem would seem to suggest otherwise.

Is there anyone connected directly to the Net (i.e. no sharing, using an internal device or USB ADSL modem, in other words, not connected to the gateway by an Ethernet cable) who still gets the problem? If not, it would seem NC thinks it has LAN bandwidth instead of the actual bandwidth between client and server.