PDA

View Full Version : Is This The Sign Of A New Drugflash System?

Benjie
13-06-04, 17:06
The more I look at this screenshot, the more I wonder if there will be a new Drugflash system on the same lines... (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1946825&object_id=16758&channel_id=227&page_title=Neocron%3A+Beyond+Dome+of+York+Peek+%234&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Drpgvault%26site%3Drpgvault_hub%26channel%3Dfeatures% 26type%3Dpartner)

What do you guys think?
Also, would one be appriciated?

Garg [RogueNET]
13-06-04, 17:11
drugflash is fine :)

tomparadox
13-06-04, 17:11
i think yes, im sick of that damn fuzz, it gives you a headace...

drugflash is fine :)

no it aint O_o that shit gives you a headace, its to many dots moveing at once and has a chance *smal chance* of giveing smeone a seashure

Tycho C
13-06-04, 17:12
Nah, that distortion is digital, like on a screen.

The way it is now serves its perpose, hard to see hard to move

Garg [RogueNET]
13-06-04, 17:13
drugs give u a huge advantage there has to be some kind of negative hit when it comes off and i think the drugflash is good... im drugging every 2 minutes and i dont complain

Benjie
I hope it's for a new drug flash.

Mainly because if you look, it doesn't effect the chat window. I don't see how distorting your chat makes you any worse at your abilities.

steweygrrr
would be cool if that was a new observer drone interface.

japata
13-06-04, 17:14
Isn't that the effect of the new RPOS background?

Benjie
13-06-04, 17:15
Yes.
It's the green distortion across the screen I am refering to though. It looks like it might be a new low drugflash.

tomparadox
13-06-04, 17:16
drugs give u a huge advantage there has to be some kind of negative hit when it comes off and i think the drugflash is good... im drugging every 2 minutes and i dont complain
so do i, and i half to stop playing because i get a constant headace from that shit, and dont tell me i shouldent use it because KK shouldent stick shit on that gives you a headace that easaly O_o
'

yea, were did you get that RPOS? i whant that :/

Benjie
13-06-04, 17:17
yea, were did you get that RPOS? i whant that :/
It's DoY's R.P.O.S. :p You get it with DoY, and it's Animated! ;)

']drugs give u a huge advantage there has to be some kind of negative hit when it comes off and i think the drugflash is good... im drugging every 2 minutes and i dont complain
No-one is debating that. Even the current TV static drugflash has a mild version.

steweygrrr
13-06-04, 17:36
It's DoY's R.P.O.S. :p You get it with DoY, and it's Animated! ;)

No-one is debating that. Even the current TV static drugflash has a mild version.

Forget that one! Go look at SirRahs HUD in the uranu storm event pics.

I WANT THAT ONE MUMMY!

Eddie
13-06-04, 17:42
The more I look at this screenshot, the more I wonder if there will be a new Drugflash system on the same lines... (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=1946825&object_id=16758&channel_id=227&page_title=Neocron%3A+Beyond+Dome+of+York+Peek+%234&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Drpgvault%26site%3Drpgvault_hub%26channel%3Dfeatures% 26type%3Dpartner)

What do you guys think?
Also, would one be appriciated?

I'm thinking that might be a drone interface actually.. because of the scanlines - and how "hi tech" it seems to be.

A new drugsflash system that does not impair use of the RPOS (I understand the random-walking - and maybe loss of vision - but losing your mouse cursor and not being able to read what your chat says (whilst being very much RP) just takes it a bit too far)

Eddie

Benjie
13-06-04, 20:02
I'm thinking that might be a drone interface actually.. because of the scanlines - and how "hi tech" it seems to be.

It really isn't. It's the standard interface for BDoY.

My question is aimed at the scan lines. I think it will be an impovement if it is, because it appears much less annoying and does not cover the chat windows. For those who think drug flash should be a big sacrifice, even the current drug flash has a mild effect sometimes. Just imagine those scan lines more frequent and less transparent, all the way to something which blocks vision almost entirely par a few transparent lines.

Opar
13-06-04, 20:11
Or maybe KK photoshopped it in to make Neocron look more high-tech?

@___@

P4mp3rk3
13-06-04, 20:20
The lines ARE how it looks when you have the RPOS open.
The name of the screenshot (transparent desktop) says it all, it is to give you a better impression of the operating system actually being PROJECTED onto your eyes pupils.

So it has nothing to do with a drugflash, he's just in RPOS mode (without and windows open though) and not in "walking around"-mode

40$Poser
13-06-04, 20:55
probably, nice to know DoY will have soullight ^^ (see bottom right corner of image)

whifix
13-06-04, 22:44
Agreed that that would be a nice drug flash result but for the love of god, why are there still only 10 quickbelt slots??? heheh :p

amfest
13-06-04, 22:52
I personally preferred the drugflash from beta or drone flash also which was the static tv fuzz. It was kinder on the eyes. Don't know why they made this funky lines going all over the place in small squares version which hurts the eyes more. If you look closely the static fuzz is still there admist the lines in small boxes. I don't know why they went mental and changed it. Anyhow if they keep it oh well but personally I think the static fuzz fit better for drones going out of range/getting hit.

J. Folsom
13-06-04, 22:53
I personally preferred the drugflash from beta or drone flash also which was the static tv fuzz. It was kinder on the eyes. Don't know why they made this funky lines going all over the place in small squares version which hurts the eyes more. If you look closely the static fuzz is still there admist the lines in small boxes. I don't know why they went mental and changed it. Anyhow if they keep it oh well but personally I think the static fuzz fit better for drones going out of range/getting hit.
Actually, that's because you have your misc. details setting too low. Normally it's still the static tv fuzz.

amfest
13-06-04, 23:13
really? .. i had it like that in beta too >_< Dont' see why it's any different

NS_CHROME54
13-06-04, 23:37
what i would want to see for drug flash is a very small fuzzy, mixed with a bunch of geometric distortion (like looking in a bend mirror) that kinda skews the screen, and maybe it even makes the targetting reticle stray to the side when you have it on a mob. THAT would be coooool.

Tratos
13-06-04, 23:42
Forget that one! Go look at SirRahs HUD in the uranu storm event pics.

I WANT THAT ONE MUMMY!
V 1 of that HUD (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=100594)

V 2 of DAZ HUD (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=101114)

And no i dont think that should be the new Drug flash, drug flash is an actual effect on your ability to see, this looks digital which should happen when you take a hit to the head as its would affect the RPOS system in your head. This show on the screenshot should imo be the flash when a drone is hit as it would fuck the camera type of thing.

Scikar
14-06-04, 01:13
The lines ARE how it looks when you have the RPOS open.
The name of the screenshot (transparent desktop) says it all, it is to give you a better impression of the operating system actually being PROJECTED onto your eyes pupils.

So it has nothing to do with a drugflash, he's just in RPOS mode (without and windows open though) and not in "walking around"-mode

Correct. Notice 'Implants' is highlighted on the top menu bar.

Bred
14-06-04, 02:18
I would LOVE a new drug flash. I was drinking once and playing neocron, and i used some drugs, i.e. 4 - 5, and when i came off them, i physically hurled, had to buy a new keyboard. So a new drug flash would be loved by me.

Bred

tomparadox
14-06-04, 02:47
I would LOVE a new drug flash. I was drinking once and playing neocron, and i used some drugs, i.e. 4 - 5, and when i came off them, i physically hurled, had to buy a new keyboard. So a new drug flash would be loved by me.

Bred
i know what you meen... its to many moveing particals on the screen, and it makes me sick. and iv been useing the the hole time i have been on today and i have a migrain... O_o. maby make something with less small dots rapedly changing to diferent shades of gray and moveing around the screen? or a diferent way to show that you are haveing the drugflash/hangover/intoxication whatever you whant to call it?

Heavyporker
14-06-04, 03:01
if they use that as a reduced drugflash visual, they BETTER make the stumbling movement VICIOUS. Make you crouch and spin in place too, not just strafe opposite to direction of movement.

Omnituens
14-06-04, 04:19
Remember the R in RPOS stands for Retinal. those scan lines are the holographic projection system needing a hotfix.

bounty
14-06-04, 06:38
I hope it's for a new drug flash.

Mainly because if you look, it doesn't effect the chat window. I don't see how distorting your chat makes you any worse at your abilities.

I'm no huge druggy, but even if i drink too much i know that my communication gets a tad distorted and people can't understand me as well :)

tomparadox
14-06-04, 06:54
if they use that as a reduced drugflash visual, they BETTER make the stumbling movement VICIOUS. Make you crouch and spin in place too, not just strafe opposite to direction of movement.
grr, dont do that, it would tick people off lol, specialy me sens i have a short temper :/:(

P4mp3rk3
14-06-04, 10:02
people should read posts... it's NOT a new drugflash :wtf: