PDA

View Full Version : Skillpoint distribution.

Moscow
13-06-04, 16:05
Simply put, how do you Spy Snipers out there distribute your skillpoints?

I have a set-up already, it's just the allocation of each level that's the pain in the arse for me; i.e. Do you put one level of DEX points in RC, the next in TC...etc, etc. I've probably made this sound more complicated than is neccesary, but if you can make head or tale of what I'm trying to ask, then any help is appreciated.

Peace.

-Moscow

Prodigious
13-06-04, 16:14
i know what your saying, you want to know whether to get that RC up first or maybe you can add some agility....

personally i find that get your agility up to 70 then leave it to be tweaked in later levels.......then just put it all into RC, and just add to tech combat as need be, if it means you dont have enough TC to use a weapon straight away, it doesnt really matter, cos chances are youll probably get crap stats anyway.

intel, assuming your rifle, get your wep lore up as much as possible, you can always lom a couple of levels to hack wb's or summit later on in the levellin process.....

con, id say get ath and hlt up before you worry about resists, you dont really need resists until higher level mobs, apart form them annoying preachers in the aggy cellars......

psi, not to sure about it with a spy, have t ask someone else, obviously just get enough points in each skill to e able to cast tl3 heal, def etc and then its just how you want from there....theres always one way to get more %age out of your shelter tho etc etc

str, resist force and transport, just split evenly at first and then work on getin the right amount of force for your setup...

theres prolly better wats, this is just how im thinking i would do it...

SilentEye
13-06-04, 16:15
70 in Agility? Gee dude, 40 is more then enough! o_O

Prodigious
13-06-04, 16:42
40 is enough? we talking with or withour drugs here, you got to remember 40 might be enough for someone popping redflash whiteflash but ou dont want to be doing that the whole time you are levelling

QuantumDelta
13-06-04, 22:27
I always plan my characters setups out from the start.

Knowing that, I always plan out their leveling routes very roughly too.

I tend to go for the 'requirement' skill first, then up the non-requirement bonus giving skills.

So long as you have the mainstat to use a weapon you should have the 'requirement' skill to use it too.
That's just about my only rule.
Other than that, I tend to add all the points into RC/PC AFTER the first 50 points of AGL until I reach sorta DEX 60-80 where I do one level one way one the other, until I reach the AGL my character was set to have.
Then pure RC with TC meeting DEX Level requirement for the gun.

Works for me...

SilentEye
14-06-04, 00:34
40 is enough? we talking with or withour drugs here, you got to remember 40 might be enough for someone popping redflash whiteflash but ou dont want to be doing that the whole time you are levelling

I was talking about without drugs :)

Phlith
14-06-04, 00:57
40.... thats just wrong, i cant stand playing a slow char so i usually try for atleast 70 agl :/

Scikar
14-06-04, 01:19
That's 40 base. Reflex booster, spy1, gamma foot is +28, total 68 agl. Bit slow for me but Silent's point is you don't need 70 base.