PDA

View Full Version : Resists

Saza
13-06-04, 12:20
Afer viewing a lot of setups, I have discovered that people tend to have their FIR/ENR resists equal. I have always made my setups so that they are optimal for when I get hit by an ENR gun using FIR as it secondary damage.

No one else seems to do this. Does it help to have equal fire/energy resists?

Thanks for ya help.

Teh Saza.

Morganth
13-06-04, 12:25
Afer viewing a lot of setups, I have discovered that people tend to have their FIR/ENR resists equal. I have always made my setups so that they are optimal for when I get hit by an ENR gun using FIR as it secondary damage.

Thanks for ya help.

Teh Saza.

Well bearing in mind that Energy and Fire are an APUs main type of damage, then its usually a good idea to have eqaul resists of them, as chances are if they have HL on them they will probably have FA as well, if its in a warzone.

Nvidia
13-06-04, 12:26
It's very important to keep Fire and Energy equal, as they are both 'primary' damage types. X-ray is not really a 'primary' damage type, because at the moment, I'm pretty sure the only thing that does 'primary' X-ray damage are Johnny 5's. But... when you look at Fire/Energy, you can name weapons that do ONLY those damage types. For instance, Fire Apoc and Holy Lightning

Get what I'm saying? Or did I just confuse you even more? :(

BTW, SEX.

Koshinn
13-06-04, 12:28
If you mod freezers (at least the rifle) a certain way, they do pure xray. :-P
I'm not implying in any way that you should tailor your setup to optimize the damage taken from freezer rifles, but it is pure xray damage.

Saza
13-06-04, 12:58
I'm a spy, dont really need to worry about X-ray. At all. Period. :D

Samhain
13-06-04, 13:22
My Spy resists fire and energy just as well as he does X-ray. His only weakness is poison. I've taken my Spy to MC5 and lived pretty well for someone that has to fully expose themselves.

Ryuben
13-06-04, 15:54
My Spy resists fire and energy just as well as he does X-ray. His only weakness is poison. I've taken my Spy to MC5 and lived pretty well for someone that has to fully expose themselves.
where as myspy sucks :o send by pm ur set up :p

Candaman
13-06-04, 17:18
It's very important to keep Fire and Energy equal, as they are both 'primary' damage types. X-ray is not really a 'primary' damage type, because at the moment, I'm pretty sure the only thing that does 'primary' X-ray damage are Johnny 5's. But... when you look at Fire/Energy, you can name weapons that do ONLY those damage types. For instance, Fire Apoc and Holy Lightning

Get what I'm saying? Or did I just confuse you even more? :(

BTW, SEX.

And warbot's and mc5 and doy tunnels and xray modded cs/mal/rav yeah not much xray dmg out there

tomparadox
13-06-04, 17:36
as a tank, i stick my enr enr/xray up about the same, then some in fire, and jest ware PA + inq armor and some dur 4 armor...

Nvidia
13-06-04, 18:22
I was talking about weapons from _players_ that did pure X-ray damage. Can't name too many of those now though, can we? :rolleyes:

Epsilon 5
13-06-04, 20:40
Most modded weapons do 60% piercing/energy damage (depending low/high tech) and 40% fire/xray. Half the people pray by xray mods, half by fire mods. I have both.

AS much as possible try to get a good energy resist and equal fire/xray resistance, or some people will own you a little too easily compared to others.

seraphian
13-06-04, 20:47
X-ray mods are quite common for PvP players, then again so are fire mods, it's a crapshoot which to pick because now with specific mob resists, you can't use your gun effectively on everything anymore.

I prefer X-ray mods because they don't hamper you when fighting Firemobs, and I rarely hunt DoYs. The disadvantage there is that it takes a lot of X-ray to drop a spy...

I've looked at it and it all depends on what you're doing. If you do a lot of PvP then I'd go for equal Fire and Energy, because high-end rares almost always do energy(Rayguns and Lasers, and Plasma weapons often), and quite a few do fire as well (MOONSTRIKER with napalm or AP, RAVAGER, Coldfusion MALEDICTION, Heat-compressed CS, ect.)

if you prefer to hunt warbots, Eng. all the way, less fire.

If you like to hunt firemobs or go caving, slide a lot more in Posion, some into fire, and less into energy.

Although when bDoY comes out, all this goes out the window, because who knows what new weapons and rares people get, if a Neutron weapon becomes availible to players, suddenly XRR becomes a lot more attractive.

whifix
13-06-04, 22:30
One important thing to note especially when developing resists for spys is how resists change after you reach 125 Armor equivalent values. Up until 125 for every 25 points raised in a armor value mob damage is droped by 15%-17% and pvp damage is droped by about 5.55%-5.57%. After 125 however for every 25 armor equivilant value that is put into a resist damage is reduced by 1%-2% for mobs and between 0.44%-0.69% for PVP. Hope this helps.

-- http://neocron.ems.ru/resist.html

Saza
13-06-04, 22:32
I use my own skill manager to calculate resists, and it takes that into account, but thanks for pointing it out anyway :) .

Well I've made my resists equal and after a couple of scraps in Pepper Park I dont think I'm as good as I was before. True, it was 2 on 1 and they were using freezer cannons, but oh well.

Edit:

Teh 300 POST!!!!!!!!! TBH WTF AFAIK , LOL OMFG ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!1111ONEONEONEELVEN.

whifix
13-06-04, 22:38
Do you drug into shelter on your spy? Shelter makes a big difference since it'll absorb about 31% of the remaining damage after your armor/con resists are factored in.

Saza
13-06-04, 22:41
Yes, I do. I also run really fast and cap all my guns. It's only my con I need to sort out, get my hands on an SA, and then learn how to aim :D .

whifix
13-06-04, 22:52
How much HLT do you have after boosts and implants?

Saza
13-06-04, 22:55
315 in the pool.

Koshinn
14-06-04, 04:26
Most modded weapons do 60% piercing/energy damage (depending low/high tech) and 40% fire/xray. Half the people pray by xray mods, half by fire mods. I have both.

AS much as possible try to get a good energy resist and equal fire/xray resistance, or some people will own you a little too easily compared to others.

Actually it's 55% energy, 45% fire/xray.

Edit: well that's rounded... 5/9 energy, 4/9 fire/xray. For all the weapons that matter at least... *cough* CS *cough*

uber java
14-06-04, 05:43

Well, it really depends on the character. I have pretty much all my resists in Energy, and the rest in X-Ray. For Fire Resists/Armor, all I use is Inq 4 Armor set with the Tank PA. So overall, I'm pretty well protected against all ammo types, as my armor adds resists, as well as my PP Resistor.

I also have 0 Poision resists, as I rarely see people using poison damage on me, and I hardly ever go to the swamp/caves. Plus if I do get hit with say a poision beam, just pop a few poison resist pilles, and pop a first aid kit/health pack and your all cool again.

tomparadox
14-06-04, 07:03
IMO your con you cant realy get from someone else, IMO people make there con to fit the style that they fight, IE my con for my old tank was 90enr/xray + pp chip + moveon + inq 4 helm/pants/vest and heavy dur boots, with expirimental headbone, foot, leg, with a BQ arm/chest, and still get over 500 health...

note: that was the resist setup, if you try it on a skilmanager it probly whont come out *that* good because i dident tell all of it, and the armor setup it wrong, i dont have the original that i made anymore i lost it in a computer HD crash :/

naimex
14-06-04, 08:01
IMO your con you cant realy get from someone else, IMO people make there con to fit the style that they fight

memememememememe

I do that :D

I liked my con.... no one else did.. but it worked :)

55 - 55 - 0 - 75 - 75- 75 - 75 Base

I´ve forgotten the PA and IMP values..

Xylaz
14-06-04, 17:18
@Saza

my advice is: dont listen to them :p and stick to 60% energy 40% other resists setup (or, if u dont believe me, just check the 50/50 vs 60/40 setup using fire/energy weapon and u'll see the difference)

Saza
14-06-04, 17:47
@Saza

my advice is: dont listen to them :p and stick to 60% energy 40% other resists setup (or, if u dont believe me, just check the 50/50 vs 60/40 setup using fire/energy weapon and u'll see the difference)
Hehe, well I'm revising my setup (again), but for it to be any use I need both an SA and a PP resistor chip. So I'll attempt to sort out my resists then.

As a side note, is a MOVE on and a Riggers Dream worth an SA in trade?