PDA

View Full Version : I think this loot drop rate is great...

Shujin
13-06-04, 05:49
I see all these people bitching about it... well guess what. It was to high of a drop rate before, I think it is perfect now. Hunting WB's for techs should be really hunting them... before the way it is now you could kill about 20 wb's and get 20+ techs.

I think you should have to kill a bunch to try to get a part.

You people are just completely utterly and sadly spoiled O_o...

And no its not even that bad, I just hunted a bit and my first wb had a armor part 10, armor part 8 and a tech. Second wb had junk, but I dont mind that.

Marx
13-06-04, 05:50
I see all these people bitching about it... well guess what. It was to high of a drop rate before, I think it is perfect now. Hunting WB's for techs should be really hunting them... before the way it is now you could kill about 20 wb's and get 20+ techs.

And no its not even that bad, I just hunted a bit and my first wb had a armor part 10, armor part 8 and a tech. Second wb had junk, but I dont mind that.2 parts in 40 warbots is a bit off Shuj. If I had all the time in the world to play, I would love it - but I don't, so I don't.

Shujin
13-06-04, 05:51
2 parts in 40 warbots is a bit off Shuj. If I had all the time in the world to play, I would love it - but I don't, so I don't.
Yea but, change the game because something that is supposed to be 'rare' is hard to get?

O_o... or has neocron redefined the term rare? And 2 out of 40 is a huge overstatement .... You must be havin bad luck, I just found 2 more techs, so total of WBs killed: 5 , techs found: 3, high parts found: a couple

Odin
13-06-04, 05:54
Yes it's a bug. No ETA on a fix though.

Shujin
13-06-04, 05:55
Yes it's a bug. No ETA on a fix though.
I hope it doesnt get fixxed ;P

Marx
13-06-04, 05:56
Yea but, change the game because something that is supposed to be 'rare' is hard to get?

O_o... or has neocron redefined the term rare?You and I both know that rares are not, and never have been rare. Players termed rares, the game calls them techs.

It's retarded to think that weapons that are needed for top tier combat should be so heavily controlled. Now, if you released a normal set of weapons at corresponding TL's and made it so rares actually weren't needed and would be used to add additional spark to combat (perhaps through different damage, different ammo consumption, different *something or other*)... Then I would agree with you - but that is not the case.

Sorin
13-06-04, 06:07
I haven't hunted anything except warbots for weeks. Now for me, I've noticed no real change on the tech part drop rate. My hunting sessions with warbots are usually about 3 hours and in that time I come home with an average of 9-13 parts or so with at least half a dozen rare implants. It was like this before the patch and is like this right now. Maybe I've just had extreme luck? Or maybe it's because I've been hunting in the same zone for weeks.

Now junk on the other hand, is way different. The good stuff hardly ever drops. I rarely get anything better than 1-inventory-square junk. Not that I mind though.

amfest
13-06-04, 06:30
Personaly i think warbots and doomies shouldn't drop them that often. but the high level hovers, chasers, percs and whatever else drops them at 90rank above should drop a bit more often. Everyone bitches about warbots but sheez warbots are so easy to drop it's not even funny. have the higher levels mobs drop them more often and stuff like warbots and doomreapers only every now and then.

Shadow Dancer
13-06-04, 07:06
I think people who wants rares to be rare should be banned. :angel:

VetteroX
13-06-04, 09:36
I think people who wants rares to be rare should be banned. :angel:

agreed, but I am not joking. If you want super rare rares, get out, find another game. If you dont like pvp, get out, find another game. If your too lazy to make a char setup, get out, find another game. Leave the core parts that make this game good ALONE.

reddog
13-06-04, 10:31
agreed, but I am not joking. If you want super rare rares, get out, find another game. If you dont like pvp, get out, find another game. If your too lazy to make a char setup, get out, find another game. Leave the core parts that make this game good ALONE.

Wanting super rare has nothing to do with liking pvp or nor. i want rares and even super rares. but not those techs should be rare. but a CS with red plasma or even white plasma that what i want for those rares they shouldn't change the game or make you uber. they just should make you different. they should be there for a fun factor and not for a must have.

ezza
13-06-04, 14:35
2 techs from 40 warbots is bullshit, i dont want to have to spend all my time hunting, i want to cap my hybrid and get back to pvping, maybe everquest or somthing would be more up the item collectors alley.

PvP is limited to near to capped/capped players as it is.

if you aint got a rare you aint gonna win many fights against capped players with rares, so these rares are needed for PvP which is a major focus of this game.

if the rares were indeed made rare then you would reduce the PvP amount cos it would be ruled by the few who have the rares

]v[ortice
13-06-04, 14:43
The drop rate is shite Shujin mate.

No offence but I shouldn't be gettin poison glands and shit from doomreapers, hoppers and terrormaulers with my tank. These Mobs are normally in the way of the more lucrative mobs and cost me ammunition giving me no recompense for clips spent whatsoever.

It was fine the way it was. I never got more techs from WBs than the total number i hunted ever. There were always good days and bad days.

Now it's just plain shite days.

Omnituens
13-06-04, 14:48
v[ortice']No offence but I shouldn't be gettin poison glands and shit from doomreapers, hoppers and terrormaulers with my tank.
Agreed.

Shujin, some of us have Combat ranks of 80-90 and above. the chances of getting decent loot was shit as it was. now it is near enough impossible. never mind actually leveling with that rank.

IceStorm
13-06-04, 15:13
Yes it's a bug. No ETA on a fix though.Thank the Maker!

er, wrong game...

If you dont like pvp, get out, find another game.My LEs aren't coming out unless KK takes them out. :-)

i want rares and even super rares. but not those techs should be rare. but a CS with red plasma or even white plasma that what i want for those rares they shouldn't change the game or make you uber. they just should make you different.That would be cool. A Healing Light that shoots indigo or orange would be neat-o.

Who wants to bet that this is tied into the book drops and that before KK manages to get it fixed, we're gonna see yet another book wipe? :-)

Seriously, at this point KK should just put the Terminator in as a regular rare and go play with the book drop rate on some new gadget that has no bearing on PvP/PvM, like a Statue of Nidhogg or something. KK hasn't gotten the books to drop right in the past, what, year? Now they've gone and hosed up junk and rarepart drops which fuel the economy...

Bred
13-06-04, 16:22
If Odin says it is broken, then it is broken. I don't agree though. I think that the rare drop rate is just fine, except that theres a tendency to find more droner parts, at least thats what i've noticed. And the Slot Enhancers are dropping too much. I can make a full tunnels run and come out with around 15 1.5's and god knows how many 9's. I think illegals are fine, only get 3 - 4 or those a run. But per run we get a decent amount of rares, i can't remember how many, but i think it's fine. People are killing WB's again for rares, but you get more rares doing a full tunnels run. Especially if you keep reseting lvl 3, good drops, damn hard though. But I digress. Some drop rates on items are good, others bad. My biggest complaint is that everybody has Filter 2's now because of the previous drop rates, which is aggrevating because i find more kamis than i could filter 2s and kamis don't drop anymore. Oh well.

Bred

tomparadox
13-06-04, 17:46

o_O... or has neocron redefined the term rare? And 2 out of 40 is a huge overstatement .... You must be havin bad luck, I just found 2 more techs, so total of WBs killed: 5 , techs found: 3, high parts found: a couple

good for you. the bug must effect you in a diferent way or somethign, because acroding to almost everyone else, they are geting shit drop rates...

Cr33p3r
13-06-04, 18:30
the drop rate is shite after done 40+ warbots we only had 1 rare :wtf: and you say its fine your not ok go see a doctor or quit playing

n3m
13-06-04, 18:49
how can you say this will help the economy?
If this does anything to the economy of Neocron, it would be "Fucking it up".

This droprate if just plain shit.

I'd like to hear something about the Strange books btw, should we or should we not keep it? I don't feel like wasting a cab with something thats going to be a unedible milky ren

Judge
13-06-04, 19:00
Who said this will help the economy? If so... do you have any idea about supply and demand? Demand will stay the same, but supply will go down. Which means that YAY! even more over-inflated prices, and then stupid people will probably keep on paying that even after the droprate returns to normal so the economy is even more fucked up the ass.

n3m
13-06-04, 19:02
hmm was in another thread

*looks*

Shadow Dancer
13-06-04, 19:26
I was semi-serious about my comment. PvP equipment that enhances in anyway should not be UBAR rare. I really don't want to turn this into camp-o-cron. I want to pvp damnit, not spend all my days hunting for that elusive SEKRAT WEAPON.

We can still have super rares. They just don't have to be pvp related. Or perhaps make them have no effect in PvP other than to just be different. Like a rare TL 101 lightning spell for apus that gives them a sparkly aura and has cool grafix. Or perhaps rare vehicles, or rare apts.

Imagine a sleek black car as a rare vehicle. There are so many ideas, it doesn't have to be PvP items that enhance effectiveness in some way. Yes I include terminator as well, because there's no other rare shotgun ATM.

Rares atm aren't rare, except Termi. I wish we would stop calling them rares.

Judge
13-06-04, 19:30
Yeah, have a look at the thread on making items less important that Raybob started, Shad. I came up with a load of ideas for items that could be campable (for people who like that sort of thing) which don't effect PvP in anyway.

-Demon-
13-06-04, 19:37
Shujin,

Surely you asking for the flames here?

The loot is rubbish...you expect a 110/110 mob to drop more than a ammo mod. Thats just plain stupid...as for it not being fixed I would have thought it is due to changes to the loot tables so shouldn't be too much of an issue to fix in theory.

Thats not much of a attuide to take about something thats important to most of the playing community who are not like you and either have loads of time of thier hands or have everything already...can you imagine if you were a noob with the drop rates as they are at the moment?
It would be painful to gain anything...

Shujin
13-06-04, 20:40
well i just think there should be super rare shit. and shadow... stfu O_o ive prolly flamed more anti nc shit than you have :P

and like someone else said, wanting super rare items has nothing to do with not liking pvp. I love pvp, but the fact that everyone pvp's with the same shit is whats annoying...

think about it, why the fuck should everyone be the same... i just think they should have events and shit that come out and have weapons that req as much str, dex, or psi as the highest PA does and does amazing damage and only drop about 400 of them and never do the event again. but then people would bitch about it not being far because they are now so much stronger... GET THE FUCK OVER IT >;o

Dubhead
13-06-04, 21:08
clearing a lvl 2 doy tunnel entirely and not getting a single techpart let alone worthwhile imp just isn't right :o

so please don't say the droprate is fine.

Shujin
13-06-04, 21:09
clearing a lvl 2 doy tunnel entirely and not getting a single techpart let alone worthwhile imp just isn't right :o
yea that is true O_o

Judge
13-06-04, 21:10
PvP should be completely fair, except in skill of fighting and skill of character setup.

I agree that it would be good to have more variation in PvP, but making this game into Everquest is not the answer. They should try and balance various rare weapons to make them relatively equal within weapon type.

Shadow Dancer
13-06-04, 21:12
PvP should be completely fair, except in skill of fighting and skill of character setup.

I agree that it would be good to have more variation in PvP, but making this game into Everquest is not the answer. They should try and balance various rare weapons to make them relatively equal within weapon type.

Exactly Judge.

<3

40$Poser
14-06-04, 04:19

And no its not even that bad, I just hunted a bit and my first wb had a armor part 10, armor part 8 and a tech. Second wb had junk, but I dont mind that.

sorry to say I think the loot rate is borked. in doing some cave runs this is what I got for looting the queen.

Metal pipes the first time

1 slot poison halo the next time

that was all. Don't know about tech drops, but seriously that's pretty messed up loot for killing a 120/120 mob in a cave.

tomparadox
14-06-04, 06:49
well, i whent off to do my rutine soloing of fire mobs, i got 4 techs, it took me about 20 dooms, some grim Ps, terror leapers/rapture and all that before i got them, something isent right... BTW half the time all i got was junk kthx, like open up the grim P or the doomie, and you get a limb O_o

Tostino
14-06-04, 06:52
If Odin says it is broken, then it is broken. I don't agree though. I think that the rare drop rate is just fine, except that theres a tendency to find more droner parts, at least thats what i've noticed. And the Slot Enhancers are dropping too much. I can make a full tunnels run and come out with around 15 1.5's and god knows how many 9's. I think illegals are fine, only get 3 - 4 or those a run. But per run we get a decent amount of rares, i can't remember how many, but i think it's fine. People are killing WB's again for rares, but you get more rares doing a full tunnels run. Especially if you keep reseting lvl 3, good drops, damn hard though. But I digress. Some drop rates on items are good, others bad. My biggest complaint is that everybody has Filter 2's now because of the previous drop rates, which is aggrevating because i find more kamis than i could filter 2s and kamis don't drop anymore. Oh well.

Bred
WTF we cleared the whole lvl 2 tunnles 2 times and dident get a single part and only 2 0.9. that drop rate is shit

tomparadox
14-06-04, 06:56
WTF we cleared the whole lvl 2 tunnles 2 times and dident get a single part and only 2 0.9. that drop rate is shit
O_o, go to the F08 lvl 1 tunnels, i was in there and every mob seemed to drop an .9 slot enhancer O_o i came out with like 20 - 40...

YoDa-UK
14-06-04, 10:45
100% agree with you Shujin, in time lets hope the rare pool dies down a lot so people really do have rare weapons.

Cr33p3r
14-06-04, 15:47
100% agree with you Shujin, in time lets hope the rare pool dies down a lot so people really do have rare weapons.

now the go to your account and delete it and cansel your nc subscription and go play diablo 2 than you have a shit chance of getting a rare weapon

Jeros82
14-06-04, 16:02

STFU d00d, i can only play about 8 hours a week so i don't have time to hunt WB's 8 hours long to get about 20 parts....

Judge
14-06-04, 16:34

I would have to say.... stfu.

n3m
14-06-04, 16:43
wow nice flamebait there yoda :/

and I would have to... agree with Judge.