PDA

View Full Version : Spy the New PE ?

TheGreatMilenko
12-06-04, 23:48
since PE lost stealth and only Spy can stealth. Spy can get pretty close to PE resist and deal out more dmg plus they have stealth
so i think spy is better then a PE now

Benjie
12-06-04, 23:51
Spy can get pretty close to PE resist

Thats the reason I have both an X-Heated and Radioactive Cursed Soul.
Spy's can only near the PE resist for Xray. They mayaswell be a Log Fire in regards to Fire Resist.

amfest
12-06-04, 23:53
Yay for spyocron

Yay for PE vehicle cron!

Freeejumper
12-06-04, 23:56
Thats the reason I have both an X-Heated and Radioactive Cursed Soul.
Spy's can only near the PE resist for Xray. They mayaswell be a Log Fire in regards to Fire Resist.
you should see casady on pluto :)

QuantumDelta
13-06-04, 00:05
Easier to click teh linkeh. (http://smalltimerivalry.com/sschost/scriptquantumdelta/AlamaisSpy.htm)

:rolleyes:

TheGreatMilenko
13-06-04, 00:24
-=Pistol Spy using RoLH or can drug for Exe/Slasher=-

NONE OF THESE ARE BASE VALUE

Intel: 97
-Hack: 122
-PSU: 100
-WepLore 120

Dex: 109
PC:174
TC:88
Agil: 78

Str: 49
Trans:79
Force Resist: 114

Psi: 25
PPU: 58
MST: 31

Con: 46
Athl: 80
HLT: 77
Fire: 41
Energy: 68
________
IMPLANTS
--Head
SF
Zerk 2
MOVEON
PPR
--Backbone
Str Bst 2
--Heart
Str Hrt 2
--Eye
Pistol Eye 3
--Glove
Psi Glove :p
--Bones
All Anti Gamma
Exp. Foot
--PA
Spy Pistol PE 3
--Pants
Inq 1
--Boots
Light Inq
Spy 1
Shelter
Deflecter

ARMOR PROTECTION
-Prc: 204 armor - 6.39 - 6.15
-Frc: 192 armor - 6.65 - 6.41
-Fire: 110 Armor - 7.79 - 6.94
-Energy: 109 Armor - 7.83 - 6.97
-X-Ray: 181 Armor - 6.02 - 5.36

QuantumDelta
13-06-04, 00:54
-=Pistol Spy using RoLH or can drug for Exe/Slasher=-

You have less in every resist except FOR/PRC (Easily fixed).
You have less HP.
You have less PSI Pool.
You have lower Weapon Lore.
You have lower TC.
You have lower "PC".

Your only upside is you're a few points faster than me o.o;;;;;;

VetteroX
13-06-04, 00:56
Sigh.... I hate you guys....CAN YOU PLEASE LET PEOPLE FIGURE IT OUT INSTEAD OF HANDING IT OUT ON A SILVER PLATTER FOR GODS SAKE!? Keep your damn mouth shut, great going, lets make MORE stealthing spies running around that take almost as many hits as a pe... god damnit....

Clownst0pper
13-06-04, 01:51
Sigh.... I hate you guys....CAN YOU PLEASE LET PEOPLE FIGURE IT OUT INSTEAD OF HANDING IT OUT ON A SILVER PLATTER FOR GODS SAKE!? Keep your damn mouth shut, great going, lets make MORE stealthing spies running around that take almost as many hits as a pe... god damnit....

What is your fucking problem? id tell anyone a perfect setup for any character, just because they have a good character doesnt mean they will fight anywhere remotely near average or above it.

If they cant think of a setup themselves, then they obviously arent good at PVP.

Sigma
13-06-04, 02:00
-=Pistol Spy using RoLH or can drug for Exe/Slasher=-i can do that spy with 120 fire/enr, more hitpoints, more PC, being able to use oblib AND he would even be faster :wtf:

ofc i won't tell j00 :p

btw. QD that rifler is nice but i can do better :p

Psycho Killa
13-06-04, 02:05
If they cant think of a setup themselves, then they obviously arent good at PVP.

What the fuck does hand eye coordination have to do with problem solving?

Anyways I agree with vet to an extent. Its ok if you put a basic template out there but I think you should keep your final setup to yourself. Perfecting your setup is half the appeal of neocron if you ask me and just handing it to another player looking for a shortcut does kind of take away part of the game.

Bl@zed
13-06-04, 02:09
Yay for spyocron

Yay for PE vehicle cron!

yay for melee pe-o-cron

$tormbringer
13-06-04, 02:10
Spy

INT:105 Base:100
HCK:15 Base:0
BRT:0 Base:0
PSU:101 Base:91
WEP:118 Base:100
CST:0 Base:0
RES:0 Base:0
IMP:131 Base:111
RCL:0 Base:0

DEX: 108 Base: 100
P-C:177 Base:144
R-C:3 Base:0
T-C:84 Base:67
VHC:0 Base:0
AGL:110 Base:46
REP:0 Base:0
REC:0 Base:0
WPW:0 Base:0

STR:56 Base:40
M-C:24 Base:24
H-C:6 Base:6
TRA:97 Base:97
FOR:74 Base:51

CON:46 Base:40
BodyHealth:369
Stamina:50
ATL:32 Base:0
HLT:101 Base:58
END:18Base:0
FIR:51 Base:36
ENR:25 Base:10
XRR:84 Base:74
POR:5 Base:0

PSI:25 Base:20
PSI-Pool:67
PPU:56 Base:56
APU:0 Base:0
MST:31 Base:31
PPW:4 Base:4
PSR:0 Base:46

Implants:
BIOTECH (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU
Distance Weapon CPU 3
PROTOPHARM RESISTOR CHIP
Special Forces CPU
Pistol Combateye 3
Experimental Heart 1
Strength Booster 2
Crahn Power Gauntlet

Biotech Antigamma Headbone
Biotech Antigamma Chest
Biotech Antigamma Armenforcement
Experimental Legenforcement
Experimental Footenforcement

Armor:
Duranithelmet 1
Titan Armor
Heavy Energy Protection Belt
Duranittrousers 2
Medium-Inquisitionboots

Buffs:
Crahn Pistol Combat Booster 1, Crahn Basic Resist Booster 2, Crahn Spy Booster 1
Crahn Shelter selfcast, --none-- selfcast

Drugs:
Kri'nakh Nightshade, Redflash, Nightspider, --none--, --none--

Armor:
Piercing: 200 Force: 147 Fire: 114 Energy: 115 Xray: 112 Poison: 5
Protection:
Piercing: 75,7% Force: 72,86% Fire: 89 - 95% Energy: 89 - 95% Xray: 89 - 94% Poison: 3,33%
Remaining PvP DMG:
Piercing: 8,02% Force: 8,96% Fire: 7 - 6% Energy: 7 - 6% Xray: 7 - 6% Poison: 31,9%

my spy will be like that in 2 days or so...

PA suxx0rz

TheGreatMilenko
13-06-04, 03:18
i just made a quick spy setup to show a example godamn so stop dissing me over that godamn people are weird they bitch about anything they possibly can

Divide
13-06-04, 04:04
the spy has been like a pe ever since spypa was introduced.

Oh, and spy setups that rely on drugs are total bullshit... make do with what skills you have people

Marx
13-06-04, 05:47
Sigh.... I hate you guys....CAN YOU PLEASE LET PEOPLE FIGURE IT OUT INSTEAD OF HANDING IT OUT ON A SILVER PLATTER FOR GODS SAKE!? Keep your damn mouth shut, great going, lets make MORE stealthing spies running around that take almost as many hits as a pe... god damnit....Have to agree here - what happened to those glorious days of "secret setups" and the like? Hell, 8 months ago people would get their setup requests spammed until closure... Now we simply give out ideal setups to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. Yes, we all love eachother with the lowered populations - Yes, we can all see that there's really no need to keep secrets among the 90% vet populace... But I certainly hope this trend doesn't last. It would be irratating to have BDoY players getting into the game fast and easy; I think it's our right as vets to lift our collars up and pick on them.

:p

TheGreatMilenko
13-06-04, 06:25
the spy has been like a pe ever since spypa was introduced.

Oh, and spy setups that rely on drugs are total bullshit... make do with what skills you have people

correction ANY SETUP that relies on drugs is bullshit and n00bish

SorkZmok
13-06-04, 06:29
Damn.
All of those setups suck. Youre dead in no time. Well some might take some time but hell, those spies cant kill a fucking roach without nearly dieing. O_o
In that case, youre better off with a PE. You just cant stealth. :rolleyes:

OK, on topic...
If you want to and got the money for drugs, yeah. a spy can be like a pe. Not like a PE, more like an APU actually. High dmg output. Extremely high. Still, even with a good con setup and a shelter youre dead to an enemy who knows what he is doing. And you still will die to any tank/pe/apu of your skill.

I won a 2 vs 1 tonight. 2 melee tanks. Neofrag. Close combat. I'm a spy. o_O Its all about knowing what you can do and what you cant.

And just to say it again. ONCE AGAIN
A TANK/PE/APU OF THE SAME SKILL WILL KILL ANY SPY IN A DUEL. 3 DRUGS WONT HELP SHIT. GOT IT?

Samhain
13-06-04, 09:41
A TANK/PE/APU OF THE SAME SKILL WILL KILL ANY SPY IN A DUEL. 3 DRUGS WONT HELP SHIT. GOT IT?

Three claps for sweeping generalizations that merely match your observations and in no way encompass every single player on the server. But I'm sure the reason you'll insist I'm wrong is because I play a Spy, not because your bullshiting skill is higher level than mine.

make do with what skills you have people

This kind of pathetic, elitist attitude is just fucking retarted. I'm sorry, it's _in the game_. Inventing your own ruleset doesn't make you better, at all. Any class can take drugs and if you're losing to another class because you choose to abstain from drugs and they decide to take them, that's no different than you losing to a class because you decided not to bring a fucking gun to the fight.

It never stops, there's always someone going to tell you that something you do is lame simply because they don't like it and then there's someone who will tell them they are lame, and it goes on, and on. Do you heal during duels? You're a noob! Pop medkits? Noob! Do you buff yourself? Noob! Hey, I think I'll start the next what-makes-me-better-than-you trend and say that using ammo mods of any kind is only for noobs and you should make due with 0 slot weapons always.

jini
13-06-04, 09:55
I agree 100% sork and vet...

Samhain
13-06-04, 09:59
And those posted Spy setups are absolutely terrible.

Oath
13-06-04, 10:20
Vet always has been funny over things like this.

Sometimes i can see his point.

Original monk
13-06-04, 11:06

you act like this is the biggest secret in the world while this is about as old as neocron itself ...

btw, i dont get why people put strengt stuff in a spy, the farest i would go is a move on ...

spy's where always better then PE's, simple, with or witouth stealth

:)

edit: the setup above is indeed terrible lol

Clownst0pper
13-06-04, 11:58
Why is a spy drugging for shelter "bullshit"

Apart from the fact its reaching your potential, and doubles defence, it seems your l337 attitude is up your arse.

"Im too good for using shelter" :rolleyes:

Archeus
13-06-04, 13:09

I believe not a few threads ago, you were whining saying people should have the perfect setup or they shouldn't play at all.

Samhain
13-06-04, 13:19
btw, i dont get why people put strengt stuff in a spy, the farest i would go is a move on ...

I put strength stuff in my spy because his PvP energy and fire damage are both 6.89-6.14% - about what a spy resits in X-Ray with a Resistor/PA3 (which, I think is safe to say is what most Spys consider 'enough' X-ray anyway).

Rade
13-06-04, 13:35
Its only been about 9 months since I first mentioned this setup. What took you all?

ezza
13-06-04, 14:28
Its only been about 9 months since I first mentioned this setup. What took you all?
my god your still around, reason it took so long is we dont listen to ya :p

and i do kinda agree with Vet on the setup front.

early retail before the skill manager etc no one really shared setups.

take the hybrids, there was afair few of them early days, but very few of them were pure ownage, then as soon as the setup got around, you know one person tells one, he tells another, someone posts on forum, then you end up with a shit load of overpowered monkeys in this case.

a number of people couldnt setup a spy cos they dont put much though into it, and i say leave em to it, if they cant think of a setup i dont think giving them a setup on a plate is the answer.

i hit a spy on my hybrid with holy energy halo(at about 520% i think)and i saw 137 pop off his head, made me laugh seeing that.

personally ive got np with people coming saying they got a problem with such and such and need a bit of advice, but the people who come wanting someone to set ther char up..well nah get the fuck out of here

though not sure whos worse the people who want the setup or the people who provide it

QuantumDelta
13-06-04, 15:11
Sigma - it's a setup I designed for someone else to tweak a fair bit..
Wouldn't call it too much 'the ultimate' spy setup or anythin so don't worry :)