PDA

View Full Version : an error which has happened because of your patch......

nobby
12-06-04, 21:25
hi, i installed your patch today and when i wanted to load the game up, the client.exe file screen appears then suddenly goes.
what can i do, ive reinstalled and right before you ask..........IVE DONE A FILE CHECK!

Nidhogg
12-06-04, 22:15
Firewall? It's not my patch but I thought I'd try and help anyway.

N

Alan
12-06-04, 22:21
Lauch Neocron in windowed mode, this helps you to re-authorize cilent.exe in your firewall. Your firewall is complaining because cilent.exe was changed in the patch and it wants you to confirm that this is OK, OK??

nobby
12-06-04, 22:29
well i aint got a firewall and i think i was playing neocron in window mode before.

Dirk_Gently
12-06-04, 22:48
I get this occasionally after I've had to reload the client a few times. I always figured it was a memory thing.

Mine fixes after I restart my comp though.

nobby
12-06-04, 22:55
ok , just restarted, still same, going to restart again...

le noob
12-06-04, 23:07
it happens everytime there is a big patch

you load neocron then when you hit enter
bling firewall is asking to reauthorize or allow the exe again
and you cannot alt tab to the firewall authorization most time
the only trick i have found to get it to work is make sure you have something else open to alt tab to and as soon as you hit enter to go to char choice screen alt tab to get something else up right away

sometimes i do not get it done quick enough and have to reboot comp

you can also trying going into firewall settings and reselecting the neocron exe everytime they patch which is stooopid and annoying but you gotta do what you gotta do

lol

amfest
12-06-04, 23:14
wait a minute are you talking about after you click play neocron on the launcher the window appears and then suddenly disappears? Can you get to the configure neocron setup screen?

If that's the problem that's what I was having problems with before this patch cause 198/199 messed up certain video cards from loading up. 200 should of fixed that . .. I myself have a voodoo 3 3500 card.

If that's not the problem. Sorry. But if it is and you can't even load up configure neocron setup screen . . and find that in your neocron.ini file after you try adn do the configure doesnt' show you video drivers anymore just "." instead .. then I'd say you're screwed till you mail techsupport with your problem a few times and a patch comes out that fixes it or you get a different video card.

Hope it isn't that problem.

nobby
12-06-04, 23:25
well i aint getting another card, ive got a ge force fx 5950 ultra! :lol:

nobby
12-06-04, 23:26
plus the config screen dont come up :|

what do i change in my neocron file to go back to full screen "1027x768" ect....

amfest
12-06-04, 23:36
it sounds exactly like what i had during patch 198/199 . .did you play fine during that patch?

I'd go check the Init.Log and it said basically that it couldn't find any grahpic drivers so couldn't intialize. that's why the neocron window and the config don't come up ..cause it isn't seeing your graphic drivers at all. I'd check in with tech support if I were you.

Just curious what card are you using?

nobby
12-06-04, 23:37
yeah i did play ok before, and ive already said what card ive got.
edit: this is what it says in the txt file.

**** Neocron Init Logfile ***
Window Creation....Host Init....Completed
language init:ENG
Completed
Engine.Driver.Host. Exit StartHost. Exit TextureHost. Exit ActorHost. Exit SoundHost. Exit TextHost. Exit ShotsHost. Exit NetmgrHost. Exit NetBufferHost. Exit ScriptHost. Exit InputHost. Exit MouseCtrlHost. Exit ConsoleHost. Exit GenmgrHost. Exit CommandHost. Exit EndFailed
No Driver System available

bah bloody humbug!

amfest
12-06-04, 23:46
oh sorry . i have a short attention span .. lol.

no driver system avalible . . yup. Exactly what I and a few others had on our older graphic cards. I don't know what to say but . . .damn that sucks :(

Umm well unlike my case since my card is unsupported what youc an do is try a different set of drivers for it. make sure there are no issues with directx and such. if all that fails .. you'll either have to wait fo a patch or get another card :(

nobby
12-06-04, 23:53
well.....what if i changed to my ge force 4, tried neocron then changed back to my uber card?

ps. i shall also download the newest drivers to see if it works.

WebShock
13-06-04, 00:17
reinstall the game dude. something is borked in your install.

shit happens :/

amfest
13-06-04, 00:25
reinstall the game dude. something is borked in your install.

shit happens :/
I highly doubt it . . . there were a bunch of us that had the same problem in patch 198/199. I reinstalled several times to no avail . .. then again it couldnt' hurt just make sure to try the offline tutorial before you complete patching totally to show that it works correectly .. try stopping before you reach the final patch and try it again to make sure it works . then you have proof it's the patch that borked it for sure ;) . . but I believe making sure he's up to date on drivers and such .. or even trying older driver sets is the only possibility.

nobby
13-06-04, 00:25
i already did and i had to downlaod 100's of bloody neocron files again due to "CHECK SUM BLOODY ERROR!"

amfest
13-06-04, 01:08
heh i got all those checksum errors when i didn't do a full uninstall and just did reinstall. It didn't take too kindly to that >_>

nobby
13-06-04, 01:29
MR N
could you help?

Lexxuk
13-06-04, 03:13
Open c:\program files\neocron\neocron.ini

Add/Change it to..

PREFDRIVER = "(D3D7) Primary Display Driver"
PREFMODENAME = "1280x768x32"

where PREFMODENAME = the resolution you want

Or, when you click "Launch Neocron" press and hold SHIFT first, to get the vid card selection screen.

nobby
13-06-04, 13:13
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

the file has changed with only this inside!

Ì
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"62.140.29.54:7000

could you copy and paste what yours says so i can put it all in.

steweygrrr
13-06-04, 14:06
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

the file has changed with only this inside!

Ì
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.54:7000"62.140.29.54:7000

could you copy and paste what yours says so i can put it all in.#

That aint your problem, it's a driver issue. Back up your patches, uninstall and do a clean reinstall. The copy your patches back making sure to delete patches 159 and 184 to prevent patching errors.

Lexxuk
13-06-04, 14:11
my NC.ini
===

//neocron INIFILE
STARTTIME="12"
PREFDRIVER = "(D3D7) Primary Display Driver"
PREFMODENAME = "1280x768x32"
PREFSOUNDDRIVER = "Generic DirectSound Driver"
PREFSOUNDMIXER = "Generic DirectSound Mixer"
GAMMA = "1.1"
STARTUPMENU = "TRUE"
SHOWCONSOLE = "TRUE"
FASTRUN = "FALSE"
CASTSHADOWS = "FALSE"
BIGLIGHTS = "TRUE"
WEAPONVISIBLE = "TRUE"
HUDACTIVE = "FALSE"
RECORDMOVIE = "FALSE"
STARTTIME = "12"
CAMREPLAY = "FALSE"
PLAYCDTRACK = "0"
SAVEMOVIE = "FALSE"
MOVIEFPS = "15"
NETBASEIP = "62.140.29.55:7000"
LIMITMODES = "FALSE"
NOSPLASH="TRUE"
NOEXTRO="TRUE"

nobby
13-06-04, 14:28
#

That aint your problem, it's a driver issue. Back up your patches, uninstall and do a clean reinstall. The copy your patches back making sure to delete patches 159 and 184 to prevent patching errors.

stew mate, i already said that i tried a reinstall

edit:anyway....how can i stop the hundreds of check sum errors that appear, the way i un-install is using the uninstall file in my neocron folder, is that the right way to do it?

Lexxuk
13-06-04, 14:34
Well, yuo could uninstall it, then go thru Explorer to c:\program files, then delete the Neocron Folder.

nobby
13-06-04, 14:38
but what im saying is that i must be doing something wrong to recieve all them errors!

Lexxuk
13-06-04, 14:47
no, its just NC is very fussy about the files it has, for fussy read, paranoid schizophrenic with megalomania.

nobby
13-06-04, 14:52
so ive got to put up with it then?

and anyway....im using a 56k modem so it takes like....6 hours

nobby
13-06-04, 19:22
do you even recieve them?

Lexxuk
14-06-04, 00:23
i havent no

nobby
14-06-04, 12:24
damn bloody thing....
i took my cd's to my uncles and they recieved the same theng.....
could be dodgy cd's........

Zaq
14-06-04, 20:07
nobby you are so so KOS forever for abuse of rangers copyright!!!

nobby
14-06-04, 21:46
copyright?

well no need to make me KOS mate, ill get rid of the sig, just like it thats all.
need a proper sig.
well anyways, sorry
shall pay your clan 100K when or if i can get back online