PDA

View Full Version : Mob drops messed up?!?

ezza
12-06-04, 20:11
been playing my nibbish hybrid today, hunting fire mobs.

now my rank is 71/49 ** at time of writing.

i killed chasers/terrors/percs etc all 90/90 110/110 or 120/120 mobs, yet the best i was getting was glass or other useless crap.

is there something messed up with the drop since patch?

it seemed ok this morning, but now i maybe getting the Xp i should the drop i should be getting is just not dropping :mad:

n3m
12-06-04, 21:00
yes its really fucked.
I wont log my hybrid (76/59) again untill its fixed, coz I'd like to get something nice when killing 4 Grim Chaser and only getting a battlevest 3, some glass and a poisongland O_o

PE (60/65) same

Tank (58/65) dunno, never take him out hunting anymore

ppu (19/19) well yer :/

garyu69
12-06-04, 21:26
I was killing Warbots and Titans earlier with my APU (64/54) and i was getting ok loot. Yes it had dropped in the amount of high level junk that i was getting but i still got 2 rares in 5 kills.

I have yet to kill fire mobs since patch, might go see tonight.

Also the level 1 mobs in the Tunnels no longer drop level 2 imps so thats out the window. And don't think about making any DoY eyes because the recipe's don't work and the eyes are now selling for 200k +

tomparadox
12-06-04, 23:48
this patch Fed things up, now ever wep you build almost needs a damn wep 8/9/10 and you cant buy them in stores:mad::mad::mad:

WebShock
13-06-04, 00:09
blame the fucked economy

this is the only way we can get the money balanced. right now people are buying and selling stuff for ludicrous prices. i encourage this and ask kk to let it be.

50 mil for a mc5 chip when they were selling for 2 mil when mc5 opened a year ago is one helluva inflation rate.

its a good thing, and its preparing our borked economy for the player influx we will have here in september.

its a fix for the long term. redflash is 12 k now each. if that isnt a money sink i dont know what is. we have a serious problem and the community has complained to get it fixed for a long time now.

it sucks but its needed. pretty soon there wont be people with endless amounts of cash.

DonnyJepp
13-06-04, 00:31
blame the fucked economy

this is the only way we can get the money balanced. right now people are buying and selling stuff for ludicrous prices. i encourage this and ask kk to let it be.

50 mil for a mc5 chip when they were selling for 2 mil when mc5 opened a year ago is one helluva inflation rate.

its a good thing, and its preparing our borked economy for the player influx we will have here in september.

its a fix for the long term. redflash is 12 k now each. if that isnt a money sink i dont know what is. we have a serious problem and the community has complained to get it fixed for a long time now.

it sucks but its needed. pretty soon there wont be people with endless amounts of cash.

So let me get this straight....making things more scarce will make them less expensive? How's that again?

RayBob
13-06-04, 00:40
The drop rate for techs seems to be fine, albeit back to pre-198 levels. The only problem seems to be with the junk drops. One chittin from a Chaser? :lol: Also, the Strange Books are dropping much too often and will surely be wiped, again.

alig
13-06-04, 00:45
blame the fucked economy

Was that post supposed to be in this thread? but yeah economy needs sorting out....mc5 chips are'nt even that hard to get but people put them in the 'uber rare uber hard to get 25 million nc list' ....FH2's are much harder to come accross than mc5 chips are, FACT.

Loot is totally fucked, i got a brown poisongland of one grim and a implant part J of another (the only 2 i killed)

Judge
13-06-04, 00:49
Loot isn't the problem with the fucked economy.

Its mass producing APC and stuff that is.

ezza
13-06-04, 01:17
im sorry but if people think killing a grim perc just to get A peice of wood and nothing else is ok then something very fucked up.

the economy is fucked up because some people have the money so others charge the silly amount, instead of people saying fuck off to the amount they say sure ill pay that.

guess im one of the few who didnt exploit the apc thing so i get fucked over for it :confused:

all my money is from hunting or trading techs.

oh and its not even the fact i aint getting the armour to sell, since on my monk i cant carry it anyway, but i aint even getting the junk i need to make boosters

this patch Fed things up, now ever wep you build almost needs a damn wep 8/9/10 and you cant buy them in stores you know i wouldnt be bothered about that if it wasnt for the fact that you can arse around for ages trying to get a player to sell you one.

in the end i just carried on hunting until i found a weapon part 9 which i need for my energy beam

Menolak
13-06-04, 03:36
this thread should be merged with Ezza's other thread about bigger XP gains, I wouldn't be surprised if the two are connected...less rares, more XP? (less rares and C10's means less APC's , a more stable economy, and truly RARE rares)
Just an opinion

LiL T
13-06-04, 07:01
I hunted WB's yesterday and nowt 2 tech parts out of 110 clips of ammo but today I hunted fire mobs and came back with 6 techs which is what I would normaly get for a pistol pe. But I did get the odd ones where I killed a grim and only got a lump of chitin so Its borked some where :lol:

tomparadox
13-06-04, 08:44
blame the fucked economy

it sucks but its needed. pretty soon there wont be people with endless amounts of cash. thats not what fucked the economy up, i agree with ezza about what did...

and if anything makeing shity drop rates whont help it,. it will make shit more rare = prices for shit will go up...

im sorry but if people think killing a grim perc just to get A peice of wood and nothing else is ok then something very fucked up.

the economy is fucked up because some people have the money so others charge the silly amount, instead of people saying fuck off to the amount they say sure ill pay that.

guess im one of the few who didnt exploit the apc thing so i get fucked over for it :confused:

all my money is from hunting or trading techs.

oh and its not even the fact i aint getting the armour to sell, since on my monk i cant carry it anyway, but i aint even getting the junk i need to make boosters
i agree, not everyone was one of the idiots that exploited APC. some of us get our money from honest trade, not everyone runs around with 50 + mil...

you whant a fucked up econemy, go back to beta 4 that was realy fucked up, i hate 900 trillion credits in cashcubes sred thrugh out about 15 appys...

About the drop rates, yea they are fucked up, 60 clips of ammo for PE hunting WB, 0 techs, me and a m8 hunting fire mobs at CRP, we killed a shitload of stuff, wich included as i said, 3 grim chasers or so, 4 doomies, a ton of raptures, one or 2 of those *** rapture things that spawn hoppars or whatever therecalled, and all the grims helpers, and we got, 2 techs and a moteric 3, WTF?:confused::mad:

edit:

you know i wouldnt be bothered about that if it wasnt for the fact that you can arse around for ages trying to get a player to sell you one.

in the end i just carried on hunting until i found a weapon part 9 which i need for my energy beam
what server you on? i could hook you up with about 10 of eatch or so, im lvling my recycler...

YoDa-UK
13-06-04, 09:01
Few days ago i spent about an hour hunting warbots with 2 other tanks, we picked up about 11 TP's and 11 imps, nothing wrong there i think, only the wb's never drop more than one rare per kill it seems now.

As for the economy? lol well how about 70 million for a SA, that was the bid for one on saturn, and someone offered me 10 million for my PP resistor chip, and 7.5million for my MOVEON, where do people get this money from?

More money sinks, more thin out of rares, lets get people wishing they had a rare, lets get the decay rate higher up on rare weapons, so they die out faster in the game, even if they are stored for a long time in cabs, lets make them turn to dust, lets see people dualing it out with a TPC in PP or a NPCD flamer, and maybe one lucky player has a CS in the mix, would be fun no? ;)

tomparadox
13-06-04, 09:06
As for the economy? lol well how about 70 million for a SA, that was the bid for one on saturn, and someone offered me 10 million for my PP resistor chip, and 7.5million for my MOVEON, where do people get this money from?
thats it? O_o, i dont remember were but i saw a bit for a MC5 forgot wich at like 140 mil or so O_o

YoDa-UK
13-06-04, 09:23
Well its crazy is what it is, i remember buying imps at about 50k for a zerk 3, rare parts already ressed for about 100k for top rares, and MC5 never went for more than 2 million for a complete CPU, prices are just going up and up, even the DEV when it came out on saturn was going for 5million a part, stupid is what it is.

tomparadox
13-06-04, 09:28
Well its crazy is what it is, i remember buying imps at about 50k for a zerk 3, rare parts already ressed for about 100k for top rares, and MC5 never went for more than 2 million for a complete CPU, prices are just going up and up, even the DEV when it came out on saturn was going for 5million a part, stupid is what it is.
the dev is due to the fact that it was brand new to the retail game, and at first it could gank anything and everything in a mater of seconds... so, as people tend to be, they goudg you for it because they know you whant it... but yes, money is becomeing worthless now... :/if full rares sell for 100k, you can buy a rare without a problem O_o, you can make about 600k or so on a good run in the CRP caves...

StryfeX
13-06-04, 09:33
Few days ago i spent about an hour hunting warbots with 2 other tanks, we picked up about 11 TP's and 11 imps, nothing wrong there i think, only the wb's never drop more than one rare per kill it seems now.

More money sinks, more thin out of rares, lets get people wishing they had a rare, lets get the decay rate higher up on rare weapons, so they die out faster in the game, even if they are stored for a long time in cabs, lets make them turn to dust, lets see people dualing it out with a TPC in PP or a NPCD flamer, and maybe one lucky player has a CS in the mix, would be fun no? ;)Err... No, not really. The entire "rares should be rare" argument holds no water as long as they are required for high end PvP. I mean, what class other than a hybrid monkey and (maybe) a droner spy can really hold his own with only store-bought equipment versus a "rare" using enemy?

I won't oppose money sinks as long as it doesn't hurt newbies or people without a lot of cash to begin with, but IMO "rares" already decay way too fast. Especially melee rares.

Maybe after Lupus' tech level changes come into the game and things actually do damage according to their TL we could see about attempting to make "rares" truly rare. Until then: No.

--Stryfe

Biznatchy
13-06-04, 10:29
Blame Mumblyfish for the prices he spent over 120 mill in the last week for items people are selling.

Morganth
13-06-04, 11:07
Taken from the other thread:

I see all these people bitching about it... well guess what. It was to high of a drop rate before, I think it is perfect now. Hunting WB's for techs should be really hunting them... before the way it is now you could kill about 20 wb's and get 20+ techs.

I think you should have to kill a bunch to try to get a part.

You people are just completely utterly and sadly spoiled O_o...

And no its not even that bad, I just hunted a bit and my first wb had a armor part 10, armor part 8 and a tech. Second wb had junk, but I dont mind that.

Yes it's a bug. No ETA on a fix though.

ichinin
14-06-04, 08:15
-"I shot a Decayed Horror and all i got was a piece of chittin"

(...like it was some spider from plaza 1 sewers or something)

jiga
14-06-04, 08:57
I only got a poison gland and some chitin from the viper king. I got the krinakh drugs from the swamp cave shaman though.

greploco
14-06-04, 09:09
>>>this is the only way we can get the money balanced. right now people
>>>are buying and selling stuff for ludicrous prices. i encourage this and ask
>>>kk to let it be.

>>>50 mil for a mc5 chip when they were selling for 2 mil when mc5 opened a
>>>year ago is one helluva inflation rate.

having less cool stuff out there only means the price of cool stuff goes up - not down.

the patch changes suck, requireing high level wepon parts for all builds and on top of that it's harder to get slots on items now

and the drops are blown to hell, I can even try and hunt rares with my HCPE who has a combat rank of like 32 ---- yes, freaking 32 ---- and the drop rate still sucks for him.