PDA

View Full Version : Make Mc5 Part Names Readable Ffs

Dont Mess
12-06-04, 14:48
well i got scammed and not really my falt.some guy asked me 2 trade with him a DS part for another DS part and 5 mio so i thought cool dont matter which part i have atleast i get 5 mio. Got my part and opend trade with him and i saw i couldnt see the full name as it stopped at ATP of MC5..... and i knew i was risking it and i had a bad feeling....we traded and what happened he gave me atp of herc and said tricked sucker bye.

KK make them bloody readable its not fair pple can easily scam like this

TheGreatMilenko
12-06-04, 14:53
ONOZ IM KOS 333three### :p

ZoomZoom
12-06-04, 14:55
aww poor dont mess...

how about i take u to mc5 tonight on my ppu :) lets get some techs :)

also make the unressed techs not a E make em as MC5 or something like that.

Matthew.v.smith
12-06-04, 15:38
Dont mess.

Do u really have any Respect for your stuff?

First how in the HELL did u manage to drop a DS behind a cabinet?
one of the RAREest items in the Game and you dropped it!
Anyone else would take their time and slowly drag and drop it into their inventory.
You then went mental on Trade about it, as if anyone wanted to know lol.
Then u came on forum and whined that KK should fix the "Cabs".

This is just like a repeat of last time only this time it was only "Half" your fault.
But once again it's the same "FFS KK Fix This (insert) etc etc" and then your saying it's not your fault!.
Well it half is because if you really cared about your gear you wouldent be so brash with it.
And you even said you "diddent care about the DS" you were "only annoyed because u had already lost about 5 items already due to dropping them"
I voted to be more Careful because i think that you deserve whatever u get if your so naive with ure stuff.
everyone else who is actually carefull with their items are who u should take a hint from.
Be more carefull tbh.
It has to be changed yes, But frankly I have no sympathy for you

Matty. :angel:

Menolak
12-06-04, 16:34
I can acually understand how he could drop it...It's happened to me before (Not an Mc5, thank God)..I actually meant to post about this issue, but I forgot..I'm careful putting my stuff in my inventory..but sometimes I lag in a weird way, ex..5-8 seconds to change from heal to weapon...etc...I was changing PA, and the guy next to me said ``Hey, are you really throwing this out?``..Wow...pretty nice of him to give it back, I wouldn't have even noticed it missing....He could have picked it up and kept it, I wouldn't have had a clue...
Give Don't Mess a break, it can actually happen pretty easily, no matter how careful you are.

Back on topic: Yeah, better labelling on the Mc5's would be cool, I've never been screwed that way personally, but I have heard of it happening.

Benjie
12-06-04, 17:06
There should be two or three lines of text on item names, and KK should make the FONT size change with the resolution.

Cr33p3r
12-06-04, 17:59
mc5/rare part shud have difrent grafixs not the same as the computer junk has

Underground
12-06-04, 18:32

Thats not what he means O_o and on my screen theyve got the same graphics anyway...

What he means is the way that the item name gets cut short because of the size of the info box.

Im pretty sure that the window boxes for info etc used to be resizable ? O_o or am i thinking of a different game ? :confused: Anyway, the window boxes should be made so that they can be resized just like a normal windows window...

Cr33p3r
12-06-04, 18:52
true but in trade some one can try to fast scam for exampel act like a tradebug and put in a computer junk you dont pay attention pay the price and your a mill poor and in possecion of a computer junk instead of what you tryed to trade computer junk and rare parts do look a like so i gues it needs a seperate icon then the junk counter part

Shadow Dancer
12-06-04, 19:13
Damn man, sorry to hear that. You should listen to your instincts next time.

I remember my mouse was giving me problems one day, and I went to transfer my DS to a friend and dropped it on the floor by accident.

Then Ascention picked it up. :lol:
Thankfully he returned it.

Dont Mess
12-06-04, 19:39
matt wouldnt have experience coz he dont hjave or can get mc5 parts/chips and i had a problem with my hand at the time anyway, well the ds is partky my falt and at the time i was pissed and still am now coz i want a ds for my apu. The incident yesterday was no way my falt and ok atleast he didnt switch it with a RD or hawk part so i went VERY pissed but i still need a DS for my apy so it ticked me off abit.

things like this happen matt and i dont really give 2 shits if u have no symp

what ive also realised is that MC5 parts should have a different unressed image as i got fuked in mc5 like that aswell, basically some guy stole our loot and we were gonna kill him, he thing gave us the part and i got it researched...guess what, he switched it with a normal tech.

Changing the icon will allow the parts 2 be sold unressed.

greploco
12-06-04, 19:40
despite all your misgivings, and mild beratings

there is a point here

the simple green computer part thingy for all the parts (all rares + mc5) is not the best motif

Wank3r
12-06-04, 20:38
Is it so hard for them to change MC5 techs to Unidentified MC5 Tech Part?

Answer = No.

Is it so hard for them to either increase the width of item info windows or lower their font sizes?

Answer = No.

KK, get the hell on with it. You get paid enough.

le noob
12-06-04, 23:14
everything that is halfway off the frigging screen
why not just make stuff expandable to left and right not just up and down like gogo or make the description windows wider
so the words actually fit
maybe it fits if you change your resolution but

half the descriptions on everything do not even fit in the windows

TheGreatMilenko
12-06-04, 23:25
cant you just edit the MC5 rare parts and change there image :wtf:

Benjie
12-06-04, 23:26
Is it so hard for them to either increase the width of item info windows or lower their font sizes?

Answer = No.

Is it so hard for them to change MC5 techs to Unidentified MC5 Tech Part?

Answer = No.

KK, get the hell on with it. You get paid enough.

Is it so hard for ||YoU|| to lower ||youR|| font sizes ||mAnUaLlY||?

Answer = No.

[ edited ]

TheGreatMilenko
12-06-04, 23:33
[ edited ]

Benjie
12-06-04, 23:38
[ edited ]
I'm sick of people who flame KK for not doing enough work, when they're the ones just sitting there playing computer games.

jernau
12-06-04, 23:41
It's just sloppy as it is.

Even notepad has word-wrap.

Wank3r
13-06-04, 00:14
Is it so hard for ||YoU|| to lower ||youR|| font sizes ||mAnUaLlY||?

Answer = No.

[ edited ]

[ edited ]

I pay my money...I shouldn't have to fiddle with the game files.

Looks to me you can't decide whether to type in upper or lower case either. Perhaps you need to ChAnge YouR Font ManUalLy?!1

I didn't ask for your fucking opinion about if it is easy to change font sizes. Some people don't have the time to be arseing around with stuff like that. [ edited ]

[ edited ]They make the game, not me.

[ edited ]

Nidhogg
13-06-04, 00:18
Can I remind everyone at this point that homophobic flames are an automatic temp ban (or permanent if you've had both of your temp bans). For everyone else, cut down the flames, please.

N

DonnyJepp
13-06-04, 00:54
It is silly that a slip of the mouse can toss a very valuable item on the ground. I'd like to see snap-together windows such that you can always have your processor attached to the inventory, tradewindow, that kind of thing.

And then add right-click shortcuts like (t)radewindow, p(r)ocessor, (b)elt-slot-# so that we can eliminate some of the dragging. Of course with KK's anti-macro mentality that's probably a longshot.

But yeah, what Don't Mess said too. It's crazy that extremely rare items share the same graphics with the lowest junk from the rare pool. They were supposed to be working on special graphics for the epic chips as well because so many people got scammed on them with like a Distance 3 chip and such.

Dont Mess
13-06-04, 02:15
agreed something single such as a graphic change will fix ALOT of things

i'll try and get clownst0pper 2 make some

alig
13-06-04, 03:15
Yeah and while there changing that they can make gun text fully readable inc. constructors name AND whats the point in having dog tags if no one except you can see the name of them O_o

Houston
13-06-04, 06:07
I knew a guy who bought a RD part for 6 mill because the guy told him it was a DS part (poor Nin) :eek:

DigestiveBiscui
14-06-04, 18:54
I'm sick of people who flame KK for not doing enough work, when they're the ones just sitting there playing computer games.

wanna know the difference?

i'm not getting PAID to play computer games

Maarten
14-06-04, 20:27

Use NL Pro... :D In my graphics pack, unressed techs are blue and ressed techs are red.

But seriously, dont mess, why didn't you right click on the part and checked the details? I do that all the time when trading rare parts...

DonnyJepp
15-06-04, 04:29
But seriously, dont mess, why didn't you right click on the part and checked the details? I do that all the time when trading rare parts...

When you right click->info on an MC5 part it chops the name of the actual part off of the window so you can't see what you're receiving. It shows you something like "wrecked hull of MC5..." with the name of the actual item chopped off the right side. Maybe this is only at certain screen resolutions. If mouseover worked on the tradewindow it would also help alleviate the scam-factor.

Someone should post a screenie to illustrate, please. I have hundreds of screenshots but not one single shot of an MC5 part hrm :(

Maarten
15-06-04, 10:56
Hmm, then I guess that only happens at low screen resolution, because when I check the details of a rare part I can always read it all...

n3m
15-06-04, 11:18
http://members.chello.nl/hjw.heezen/J/ohh.jpg

Now, who wants to buy this? It's an ATP to a Dimension Splitter ;)

jernau
15-06-04, 11:51
Hmm, then I guess that only happens at low screen resolution, because when I check the details of a rare part I can always read it all...
I play at 1600x1200 and can't see it all. What res are you at?