PDA

View Full Version : HC tank speed...

RayBob
12-06-04, 00:04
I have been playing on a different server for several months. I logged on my HC tank which I hadn't played in a long time and he seems to move really slow with weapons out. Perhaps it is simply that I haven't used him in a while. Or was there some adjustment to HC tank speed?

SPIKE (pluto)
12-06-04, 00:21
dont quote me on it, but i think there was a hc handling nerf not too long ago, check patch noted. However you're run speed can be affected by many factors in how the game is running (e.g fps) kind of annoying now that melee is up to normal strength (comparing it to the dmg done by a cppaed Dg now to a capped Cs now, theres not much in it) meaning that ure regualry caught by a guyt with a sword and when u draw ure wep finding it impossible to hit him because hes so damn fast. sorry bit of rant there :p

Ryuben
12-06-04, 00:25
yeah DG and CS do about same dmg when all shots hit

but when in a fight not all the shots of a CS will hit yet all the damage of a DG hits

also HC speed needs un-nerfing a bit

Gohei
12-06-04, 00:29
IM havbent noticed anyything on my tank..
still a slow fuck as usual...

SPIKE (pluto)
12-06-04, 00:37
with a bit of gimping and imp rearrangement u can actualy get a hc tank moving pretty well but leaves him vunerable, and generally limited in wep ranges. What i do is shock my opponent a few times with freezer cannon before engaging propperly in 1v1 combat, should make it a bit easier

greendonkeyuk
12-06-04, 00:37
naimex postd this same thing a week or so ago. i havent logged my tank on since prepatch so i couldnt tell you but the results of his post seemed to conclude there was a secret nerf.

Vid Gamer
12-06-04, 03:18
HC runspeed definitely needs to be unnerfed a bit.

manderf
12-06-04, 04:44
nah leave the runspeed just make it harder to cap melee weapons and let hc cap the cs. so tank hybrids wont be uber

tomparadox
12-06-04, 05:35
nah leave the runspeed just make it harder to cap melee weapons and let hc cap the cs. so tank hybrids wont be uber
wtf? it already is harder to cap melee doof nute read the patch notes, its an HC runspeed thred not a damn nerf melee thred...

yea i have noticed HC runspeed is down a bit..

Richard Blade
12-06-04, 05:47
I'll have to double check, if I can find old stats on the weapons, but they raised the weight of some of the tank weapons. Ammo too.

It also seems to slow you down a lot if you don't have at least 40 free weight, but that could be a coincedence.

But, if it's all true, then the "secret" nerf was announced in one of the patches on the test server. I don't recall which, and I'm not sure if it made it to retail.

BombShell
12-06-04, 06:40
yah with all the new stuff happening i think h-c needs a small unnerf now.

or just remove penaltie form h-c ath.

manderf
12-06-04, 07:29
wtf? it already is harder to cap melee doof nute read the patch notes, its an HC runspeed thred not a damn nerf melee thred...

yea i have noticed HC runspeed is down a bit..

I didnt do that to bash melee's........... I just think that tank hybrids are what kk is so worried about and that they should make it harder to cap melee weapons so we wont see alot around.

i dont think they should remove the atheltics nerf with heavy weapons because they do good dmg and tanks can take a beating because of all of there health. IF they ran as fast as a PE that would be way to overpowered, just allow tanks to cap aiming on CS

tomparadox
12-06-04, 07:37
I didnt do that to bash melee's........... I just think that tank hybrids are what kk is so worried about and that they should make it harder to cap melee weapons so we wont see alot around.
forgive meh if i offended you in my first post, been in kinda a bad mood all day and dont know why O_o ..

i dont think HC/MC hybrids are that hard to kill :P, when you look at it they arnt all that gr8, because they dont have good speed without PA on, but with PA on, there melee is useless because theyll run so slow. although they are a bit harder to kill probly than a regular HC tank, but easyer than a MC tank... im makeing a melee hybrid, bit strickly for lvling purposes because of the TL diferenses, IE first HC wep is like 17 - 19 str, first melee is 13.

manderf
12-06-04, 09:45
ya they dont bother me to much but for some reason kk wants to nerf them. Why did they make it so that you needed more melee to cap melee weapons? was that just so you cant cap melee weapons and use hc weapons?

naimex
12-06-04, 10:03
ya they dont bother me to much but for some reason kk wants to nerf them. Why did they make it so that you needed more melee to cap melee weapons? was that just so you cant cap melee weapons and use hc weapons?

yes...

monks is the only class allowed to hybrid :rolleyes:

Ryuben
12-06-04, 10:19
IF they ran as fast as a PE that would be way to overpowered, just allow tanks to cap aiming on CS

erm a MC tank can and does run faster then a PE

ou7blaze
12-06-04, 20:34
HC is walkspeed afaik ...

O_o ...

ezza
13-06-04, 01:35
pfhh who plays H-C tanks, melee tanks all the way :rolleyes:

though seriously, HC could do with a slight un nerfing of the run speed

Menolak
13-06-04, 03:24
I'm SURE it's a hidden nerf...Since Patch no.200, I'm always checking my weight, I seem to move as fast as old people fuck...

Bl@zed
13-06-04, 09:02
yeah the H-C tank runspeed really sucks, it definetly needs to be un-nerfed to be up to par with all the new changes...

tomparadox
13-06-04, 09:24
well, im not sure if it was the people bitching that melee was over powered O_o ( wich i still disagree with ), or if KK was intending this before people started btching, melee tanks could have a slightly better con than an HC tank because they could cap there weps so fast...

id like to say IMO its not melees fault that they cap there weps so soon, its the fact that KK hasent bothered to make a lot of HC imps, i meen look at zerks, they are + melee and + str, no HC eyes or anything... opps, forgot this wasent the topic lol my bad...

Yea, also HCs runspeed sucks... when youv played melee, then go to HC, it jest god REAL slow. it feels like your a nOOb when you have your gun out...