PDA

View Full Version : Where to go for subwoofer repair?

VetteroX
11-06-04, 22:41
ok, so I have had klipsch 500watt 5.1 speakers for about 2 1/2 years now. Recently, they just stopped working. The LCD display still works but they dont make a peep... Yes, of course, I tried on a diff computer, and my old speakers (which im now using, keeping out stuff = good idea) work on both. a few diff people told me that it was most likey a blown fuse in the subwoofer, and it was easily replaceable. No, I dont have a warrenty... never send the thing in.

Anyway, where would you suggest getting it repaired that wont cost me a lot? or, how do I repair it myself? Anyone happen to know the type of fuse the subwoofer uses? suggestions?

Revslad
11-06-04, 23:08
rather than just repair it why dont you get a creative inspire 7.1 system its cheap and very loud... the sub on its impressive sounds alot more expensive than it is, but i suppose you could try contact your local audio store or look in the phone directory, but depends on if its worth repairing

p.s the 7.1 system will work on a 5.1 card, you just get special drivers for the soundcard :)

Divide
11-06-04, 23:17
ok, so I have had klipsch 500watt 5.1 speakers for about 2 1/2 years now. Recently, they just stopped working. The LCD display still works but they dont make a peep... Yes, of course, I tried on a diff computer, and my old speakers (which im now using, keeping out stuff = good idea) work on both. a few diff people told me that it was most likey a blown fuse in the subwoofer, and it was easily replaceable. No, I dont have a warrenty... never send the thing in.

Anyway, where would you suggest getting it repaired that wont cost me a lot? or, how do I repair it myself? Anyone happen to know the type of fuse the subwoofer uses? suggestions?

take it to an electronics repairer, if it really must be repaired, and you dont want to crack the sub to see if any capacitors are blown/etc/etc.

Otherwise, turn it into a plaything-- pop the casing off and look around for anything that looks obviously damaged, solder it off, and take it to radio shack, and get a replacement, then solder back on