PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - NL Pro status update

Maarten
11-06-04, 22:22
Mighty Max just released a fix to make ItemGFX compatible with patch #200.
Unfortunately Bram is kinda busy at the moment and it will be at least Sunday before he can make some time free to work on NL Pro (this is NOT a gaurantee that it will be released on Sunday).

But I can give you some good news. Because I have some extra time now I can continue working on the new wasteland maps. Not all of them are done yet (I don't have any anti-city chars so mapping the desert and TG sectors is kinda hard :p) but I can also begin to put the DoY bunkers on the minimaps.

Another feature you can expect is that drones will recieve a shortname in the upper left corner for easier identification. Like the Weaponpart 10 has W10, drones will have RK, GAL or FC.

A question for you, shall I also give the protection belts these shortnames? Is it nessecary on top of the different colors?

If somebody wants to help me with the wasteland maps (the places I can't come), just yell and I'll explain what I need.

StryfeX
11-06-04, 23:02
Another feature you can expect is that drones will recieve a shortname in the upper left corner for easier identification. Like the Weaponpart 10 has W10, drones will have RK, GAL or FC.AMEN! Me sex you long time! :p

A question for you, shall I also give the protection belts these shortnames? Is it nessecary on top of the different colors?Yeah, something so we can quickly identify the light, medium, and heavy belts.

If somebody wants to help me with the wasteland maps (the places I can't come), just yell and I'll explain what I need.I can do it, but only on Saturn.

--Stryfe

Maarten
11-06-04, 23:14
All the maps are the same on the different servers, right?

StryfeX
11-06-04, 23:16
All the maps are the same on the different servers, right?As far as I know. The only one that might have a chance of being different would probably be Venus.

--Stryfe

J. Folsom
11-06-04, 23:17
All the maps are the same on the different servers, right?They should be, there might be some remnants on them from events which have been done recently, but that's about it.

EDIT: I'll probably remove the link in my signature to my maps once the new version is out, since they'd be outdated once that is the case. ;)

Oath
11-06-04, 23:22
I'm looking forward to it guys.

Awesome work everytime well worth the wait :)

Maarten
12-06-04, 00:20
I just grabbed my Hovertec on my LEed CityAdmin char to do some more mapping. The guide on nc.synergyxr.net sais there is a tunnel entrance in K_05, but I can't find it.

I came across the secret entrance to Outzone Sec-9 in A_06 and decided to go inside because I had no idea where it would lead. At the end of the long tunnel, there was a 120/120 Crahn guard waiting for me. Scared the shit out of me. :) Anyway, I turned around as quickly as I could and made it back safely to my vehicle. I did some more mapping until I was heading for the Foster Uplink GR. I got shot of my bike a few feet from the GR by a huge army of Y-reps. If there are any people on Uranus that are bored, GR to Foster with a big team and have some fun... :)

DonnyJepp
12-06-04, 00:51
What about the "runners online" counters that have been showing N/A for a couple weeks now, any way to fix it?

Thx,

Mumblyfish
12-06-04, 00:57
*baleeted*

jernau
12-06-04, 01:14
Nice to hear.

Any news on the browser mod?

Maarten
12-06-04, 11:10
Sorry, only Bram can answer those questions...

BramTops
12-06-04, 11:19
What about the "runners online" counters that have been showing N/A for a couple weeks now, any way to fix it?

Thx,
That's due to some issues with my cron-tabs on my new server :p The scripts that are fired to get the new info (www.creitive.com/neocron/grabber.php) and create the new images (www.creitive.com/neocron/sig/create.php) are not fired every 10 minutes now anymore. You can click on the links to manually update those things.

Just seems like I cant get a break :(

Best chance atm is that I'll release NLpro 2.32.200 sunday-evening (but only if there are no more problems/bugs). Sorry for the delay.

Maarten
13-06-04, 11:14
A question for you, shall I also give the protection belts these shortnames? Is it nessecary on top of the different colors?

I still need an answer on this one. And if you would like those shortnames, what would you like to see?

FIR - Fire Belt
ENR - Energy Belt
POS - Poison Belt
DEF - Deflector Belt

or

LFI - Light Fire Belt
MEN - Medium Energy Belt
HPO - Heavy Poison Belt

jernau
13-06-04, 11:17
The second one.

GambitFlame
13-06-04, 11:20
The colors are related to the type of resist yea ?

If so why not just have the colors as normal but add short titles like

LGT - Light
MED - Med
HVY - Heavy

Just an idea ;)

Morganth
13-06-04, 12:28
If colours represent the type of resist on the belt, then all you need is something to distinguish between the "weight" of the belt. Or if its the other way around, then something to show the type of resist.

BramTops
13-06-04, 14:13
Uhm.. stuff like that aint open for discussion (yet). You dont need an answer on that one maarten coz I'll give it to you when I found it. ;)

sir retail
13-06-04, 17:47
anyone has a clu when the NLpro will be released?

i still have some items installed i guess of the older version..
and it gives me some def/ error message when i start up my computer.

cant trow it off. (i can but i dont wanne look into that.. rather play neocron)

i did read somewhere that the version was avalible in the us.. but dont know were i did see it. and cant find any link to a download server.

any idea..

thanx..

Nidhogg
13-06-04, 18:11
Thread merged.

N

Maarten
13-06-04, 20:07
We are working on a new version. I can't promise a release date yet, but when it's done, we will make an announcement.

BramTops
13-06-04, 23:30
Planned on releasing new RC to beta testers now, but I encountered another problem with ItemGFX. Waiting for reply from MM atm...

sir retail
14-06-04, 00:27
i see my thread is merged.. good job.
did not see this one.. sorry for posting a new one. :rolleyes:

but okey... cant w8 for youre update guys..
i started to use NLpro like 2 days before the patch that made it impossible to work :eek: ..

and yes.. i cant work without it anymore :p

the programm is really nice..
the strange thing tho. i didn't have the differend collours with the belts and vests.. maybe i did something wrong. it sounds like me :lol: ..

but im sure it will work ..

good luck with all the work on it.

and yes.. it would be nice if we could also have extra's on the belt info.
sometimes when youre drunk you cant see the colours anyway verry good..
and reading it would make it a bit better i think..

Morganth
14-06-04, 00:57
the strange thing tho. i didn't have the differend collours with the belts and vests.. maybe i did something wrong. it sounds like me :lol: ..

I don't get any of them now, or the new crosshair, drone interface or world map. Anyone got the foggiest idea on how to fix this? It works on my other PC and looks sweet, but I can't get it to work on my laptop. :(

Jeros82
14-06-04, 09:39
If somebody wants to help me with the wasteland maps (the places I can't come), just yell and I'll explain what I need.

Well Maarten, if you want more info on the canyons and Desert area's just call me, then you can use my PPU (Crahn) to explorer those places.... But be carefull with the STORM BOTS when you do plz....

BramTops
14-06-04, 22:01
Most features (the non-itemgfx related ones) should still work. But maybe the last patch screwed up some stuff...

If it still works now, leave it - I even wouldn't recommed uninstalling it because it might revert your NC installation to pre-200 status...

If it doesn't work - stop trying and wait for the next version.

Patch 200 screwed up a lot of stuff and it's getting awefully complicated to keep everything up to date. The installer allone has over 1200 scriptlines!

I'm working on it at this very moment but its... aaaaaargh...

Anyway.. I'll keep you ppl posted. Next version has some very sweet new things ;)

Birkoff
15-06-04, 00:43
Anyone got the lastest install? (i know there isn't a NEW 1, jsut the latest one tehre is)

Reinstalled and can't get the install off of the official site n e more till the new version :s

Pinman
15-06-04, 00:48
Since I started using NLpro (version 197), I don't remember seeing the coloured belts, I have definately had the new sounds and crosshair :confused:
I hope I get them in the next patch.

Keep up the good work :D

Rob01m
15-06-04, 01:23
What I don't understand is why the last version is no longer hosted anywhere?
I mean, (for most software) normally the last version is left until theres an update, then it's replaced, or even listed seperately. Even though 2.32.200 isn't out, why is the previous version nowhere to be found on the main NLPro web site?

I'm just asking... If theres a specific reason, don't flame me...

Freya
15-06-04, 02:14
Threads merged again, keep it in here guys, and all i can say is be patient with them and keep checking there website

jernau
15-06-04, 02:39
What I don't understand is why the last version is no longer hosted anywhere?
I mean, (for most software) normally the last version is left until theres an update, then it's replaced, or even listed seperately. Even though 2.32.200 isn't out, why is the previous version nowhere to be found on the main NLPro web site?

I'm just asking... If theres a specific reason, don't flame me...
If it could conflict with the latest NC patch(es) it seems wise to remove it rather than have people blame you for whatever happens.

Rob01m
15-06-04, 02:54
If it could conflict with the latest NC patch(es) it seems wise to remove it rather than have people blame you for whatever happens.

Theres still some things included in NL Pro that I can't find anywhere else, that are patch independent.

Birkoff
15-06-04, 03:56
gah why was that merged.. its totally different.. *sigh*

And i agree :( plz host it heh... i missthe map.. the skins... the sounds... the cross hair (yes i know i can do it all but i cant be assed ok :) )

Not saying you shouldnt be :P Thankyou for the time and effort u put in keep up the great work.. NC aint the same without NL pro :(

Maarten
15-06-04, 10:54
Thanks... :) Don't worry, the new version will be out soon...

sir retail
15-06-04, 12:01
remember maarten..

you can't sleep until its done..
:lol:

BramTops
15-06-04, 12:31
Yo maarten.. you cant use the word "soon"... it's TMed by KK ;)

Anyway, the latest version isn't available for download because there were some structural changes with the latest patches. I'd rather have people not using NLpro than risking having NLpro f#ck up their installations (not saying that it WILL, just not taking the risk - don't have enough detailed info on that). Just see it as a "service" ;)

Anyway... Finally got things fixed. There's one bug left that prevents the winamp controls from displaying (they're still there - you just cant see them). I'm not waiting any longer for a possible fix from MM (that guy is even busier than I am ;)) so I'm going to release NLpro 2.40.200 when all other things are done...

... which should be this afternoon! :)

Quick and incomplete list of updates (as always - everything is optional):
- new installer system/script. now even less likely (=near impossible) to fuck stuff up
- new PSI helmet images
- new MC5 chip images
- new loot/rare notification (user switchable)
- new HUD (dazist)
- new crosshair (dazist)
- new wasteland minimaps ( <-- VERY useful!)
- new RPLE rare parts tracker
- fixed flamer gas mod bug
- removed old crosshairs

Later!

sir retail
15-06-04, 12:35
... which should be this afternoon! :)

Later!

LOVE YOU... 8| (dont tell my lady)

Jeros82
15-06-04, 12:37
And what do you have to do when previous installation you haven't been able to see the adjusted belt and PA's etc ..... ???

BramTops
15-06-04, 12:41
And what do you have to do when previous installation you haven't been able to see the adjusted belt and PA's etc ..... ???
You should have read the forums more closely back than. There already was a fix for that... ;)
This is also fixed in new version.

Jeros82
15-06-04, 13:22
You should have read the forums more closely back than. There already was a fix for that... ;)
This is also fixed in new version.

I'll just wait for the newest version or can i be added to your list of release canidates (or however you spell that freaking word).....

Rob01m
15-06-04, 16:14
Thanks for the update! I can't wait until the new version is out! :angel:

BramTops
15-06-04, 18:01
A mod can close this one... Release is final - gonna post the release thread in a minute!

Mumblyfish
15-06-04, 18:02
Hoorah! :)

GambitFlame
15-06-04, 18:03
great job guys

BramTops
15-06-04, 18:20
Its here: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=101294

Thanks for the wait and feedback people!