PDA

View Full Version : [OT] ATI and Neocron not the best of friends

GambitFlame
11-06-04, 22:01
Hi Guys and Gals

Im just about to get a new PC unfortunately it contains in its innerds a ATI Radeon 9600SE. Now i've heard/seen posts about Neocron having no love for ATI cards but i cant find any topics on it. Just a quick couple of questions

1.) What problems occur with NC and ATI Cards?
2.) Is ther any workaround/fix for the problems?

Thx

Hippieman
11-06-04, 22:10
1) I have a 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro and the only problem I only get and rarely is while in Plaza 1, I sometimes see a brown triangle being drawn on the screen and it soon covers the little P1 Medicare square.
2)The fix is just to alt+tab and just to alt+tab back. Only takes 5 seconds.

Eddie
11-06-04, 22:14
1) I have a 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro and the only problem I only get and rarely is while in Plaza 1, I sometimes see a brown triangle being drawn on the screen and it soon covers the little P1 Medicare square.
2)The fix is just to alt+tab and just to alt+tab back. Only takes 5 seconds.

But it shouldn't be a problem that shouldn't exist nor should we should tolerate...

Eddie

rogo
11-06-04, 22:22
I get that problem to.

But I also get when I alt tab that my desktop is much HIGHER brightness.

My desktop looks like I jus died and I'm lookin at the light at the end of the tunnel. o_O

rogo
11-06-04, 22:30
btw i got a radeon 9700 pro, xp 1700, win 2000

MjukisDjur
11-06-04, 23:46
yup, got it too but only if I have alt tabbed once :)

G.0.D.
11-06-04, 23:49
I have had that problem befor, but it used to come from hitting windows key instead of alt tab.

Neocron dosnt 'hate' ati, it just dosnt like it or its children.

Androth
12-06-04, 00:25
Same issue on my 9800 pro normally I just walk thru it, though I should expect not to see such things on a 9800pro lol. :wtf:

Nuski
12-06-04, 01:29
ATI 9600 on my laptop and i used to have bad problems with the original laptop drivers, alt + tab used to make the gamma on my desktop amazingly bright o_O only way to fix was to reboot! :mad: not many graphics glitches in game though. However since FORCING my laptop to use the latest catalyst drivers ALL the issues i used to have with nc and ati fighting have now been resolved thank god :) so moral of my story is update your drivers regurlarly.

However when/If we get Doy and its new engine we may be in trouble though lol

subsys
12-06-04, 02:19
Ati Radeon 9500 Pro, never had a problem.

Tostino
12-06-04, 02:38
i have the same bug as rogo. and nc runs like shit with my 9800 xt

GambitFlame
12-06-04, 09:15
Ok thanks guys :) Ill see wat tomorrow brings after patching and all that :p

Mod pls close as i dont want this turning into a 'bug that should have been fixed' thread

Cheers

MikeTheNose
12-06-04, 10:54
8500LE and never had a problem.

Matthew.v.smith
12-06-04, 11:25
ATI Radeon 9600

No problems.

Occasionally bright desktop but it's not much of a problem.
Just alt taba few times and it sorts out :)

Matty. :angel:

landofcake
12-06-04, 13:00
i've got a Radeon 9700 ... Necron runs great ... in some situations i can even get an acceptable FPS with vegetation on :P

The only bugs i've seen are related to alt+tabbing ... when you come back into the game the gamma is dark (which can be fixed by changing the gamma slightly ... then it resets to the value you have set) and the weird brown polygon shards everywhere ... i just relog if this is the case ... it only seems to happen in a few areas anyway (Plaza 1).

Nidhogg
12-06-04, 14:14
Most ATI issues were fixed a few patches ago (certainly all my "blindness" problems have gone away). I think ATI free-issued a bunch of cards to KK for testing and development purposes.

N

FireWarrior
12-06-04, 16:46
9600PRO, never had a single problem besides the usual crashes/FRE's.

Could be because of my insistence on always having the newest drivers unless they are notoriously unstable though...

GambitFlame
13-06-04, 10:51
Ok slightly away from the ATI bit as i dont think this has anything to do with it but...

Installed and re-patched this morning and loaded up hoping to get some NC action but after running for 30 secs the game crashes back to desktop with no error.

First time was remapping keys
2nd time was typing in my account name
3rd time was half way through my password

It seems that if i leave it its fine but when i use the keyboard it just dumps back to desktop. o_O

Joy of Joys...anyone else get similar or do i just give up and go home

EDIT: Exactly on when ive typed 17 characters :confused: i mean c'mon wth

EDIT 2 : Ignore me :) just figured out why