PDA

View Full Version : I'll try again

LiL T
11-06-04, 20:10
I'll try again with out self destructing one self I think the drones are overpowered the raptor drone took out 3 people we could not target it we could not hide. It takes people down in seconds no joke yet another thing kk have made overpowered and I'm getting rather pissed at this shit because every time some one will say its not due to them being a droner

L3m0n
11-06-04, 20:13
APUs > Drones
ture they are harsh but come on find his meat sack and slay him :D

Archeus
11-06-04, 20:13
Cleary the droner was the better player (I believe that is what I said before).

Generally I ignore the drone and strafe/go for cover, after that I watch where the drone goes to (good droners never bring the drone directly back to their corpse).

LiL T
11-06-04, 20:14
yes but if your fighting other people you got no chance it really is over the top

BramTops
11-06-04, 20:22
It's all part of the strategy you choose... Nothing prevents your group from using drones too....

Drones are fine.

greendonkeyuk
11-06-04, 20:23
monks vs drones is good, parashock works fine.

Archeus
11-06-04, 20:32
yes but if your fighting other people you got no chance it really is over the top

Generally you should have 1-2 spies running interference outside the main fight. Sniper or droners, they watch out for meatsacks.

n3m
11-06-04, 20:34
back to aggies I guess

ZoomZoom
11-06-04, 20:36
guys just remember droners are slow got crap con and cant sealth so they will die if they dont hide

n3m
11-06-04, 20:37
droners can stealth

Sigma
11-06-04, 21:16
I'll try again with out self destructing one self I think the drones are overpowered the raptor drone took out 3 people we could not target it we could not hide. It takes people down in seconds no joke yet another thing kk have made overpowered and I'm getting rather pissed at this shit because every time some one will say its not due to them being a dronerFunny that u forgot to mention the Meleetank, he wasn't overpowered enough, eh?

edit - to clear things up, it was 2 Pistol PEs and a Tank (dunno if MC or HC) against a Melee-Tank and the Droner :rolleyes:

cRazy2003
11-06-04, 21:20
I'll try again with out self destructing one self I think the drones are overpowered the raptor drone took out 3 people we could not target it we could not hide. It takes people down in seconds no joke yet another thing kk have made overpowered and I'm getting rather pissed at this shit because every time some one will say its not due to them being a droner

FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES
and who didnt believe me?

Archeus
11-06-04, 21:20
droners can stealth

Generally if you find the meatsack then the droner is dead (unless they have been buffed by a ppu). Best way to deal with them is to hit them in the back with tagging based attack (fire/poison).

Again smart droners stealth, or drop their drone and pull out another and fight with that.

plague
11-06-04, 21:24
FINALLY SOMEONE AGREES
and who didnt believe me?
lol, I didn't and i still don't, considering that i hunted down 2 droners on me sniper at ones last night(pb20 and raptor)they barly shot me once and then they died in few secs :D was funn to tap them then watch them drop drone and then kill them so they c me when am doing it lol.....

Jest
11-06-04, 21:30
In one sense it doesnt matter how powerful drones are. Find the meatsack and you win. You just have to think like a droner. FACT: A droner should never kill 3 people at once. If you have 3 people, next time, take off in opposite directions and look for the poor bastage's hiding spot.

Xiphias
11-06-04, 21:39
yeah, ive seen ppus get into difficulty with 2 raptors drones on them, the drones wasn't gonna kill the ppu, but the ppu couldn't do anything else...

Strathus
11-06-04, 22:32
um lil T as Sigma said u failed to mention the melee tank that was there too
... he help abit ^^ (it was me)

VetteroX
11-06-04, 22:45
Droners are the most cowardly class in the game, spies should go head to head vs other classes, if you cant make a spy that can take hits and dish out damage face to face, go trade skill.

Archeus
11-06-04, 22:48
Droners are the most cowardly class in the game, spies should go head to head vs other classes, if you cant make a spy that can take hits and dish out damage face to face, go trade skill.

Yea, heaven forbid anyone plays another class other then close combat. I take it you get owned a lot by droners.

Jest
11-06-04, 22:53
Droners are the most cowardly class in the game, spies should go head to head vs other classes, if you cant make a spy that can take hits and dish out damage face to face, go trade skill. Vet sometimes I think your an auto-post bot because every single one of your responses is like, exactly the same. Personally I think it takes a lot of balls to be a droner. Would you have the courage to leave yourself completely unprotected so even the biggest newb in the game can walk by and kill you? Somehow Vet I don't think you have the cajones to be a droner. ;) Though by your account half the player setups in the entire game are for pussies. So do you think rifles are for pussies too?

And btw, droning is probably one of the most fun classes to play in the game. PvP and PvM alike.

Maloch Octavia
11-06-04, 23:02
Vetterox is plainly a nib, that's all I can believe, considering some of his posts.

To be a Droner takes megaballs. To leave your body unprotected?

As for this Stealth issue. If a Droner stealths, his Drones shouldn't be doing that much damage to you, it's a huge sacrifice to RCL to stealth, I don't Stealth, I'm pure Droner asides from 110 Hack, which even that I'm debating of getting rid of, in trade for 100% Droneage, with debates on ditching my AGI so I can get my RCL maxed out. I might give it a shot for a bit.

Anyway, to Drone, and to see someone split from the main group, to ditch your Drone and run, or to try and attack? Getting caught up in the battle, getting that 'tap' on the shoulder, hitting escape, the heart beating, turning and running straight into your enemy without realising it, seeing the DOT line up, watching your body crash to the ground, the corpse buggery sex0r emote being carried out with wanton abuse, then GR'ing, getting poked, having to relocate, find a new hiding spot, starting all over again..

That takes a real man.

Droners are the most cowardly class in the game

The only cowardly thing I'm seeing so far, is someone that keeps making bravado posts like it's his life, and doesn't seem to accept that, as he so often states we can play this game however we want, Pk'ing people en masse with our ub3r 0v3rp0w3rd Drones, camping outside Spawn spots with them, chasing people around TG Canyon with them (Hella fun), and generally wreaking havoc.

If he can do it, so can we, we just have a bit more flair to our style.

f34r t3h dr0n3 n1b

:)

Gohei
11-06-04, 23:15
nerf melees... anyway :eek:

Oath
11-06-04, 23:18
Droners drop like shit far faster than an apu can, IF you find the body he has 0 chance, an apu does this, is the tradeoff for remote killing.

VetteroX
11-06-04, 23:36
yeah what balls... using exploits to hide in walls, on the highest cliffs, inside unsolid objects, then use an untargetable satalite that has no recticle to pick off your enemies... no skill involved. Yes, I have a droner, and I have a melee tanks. I dont really play either 1 because its lame. And, as I always say, if your on saturn and dont think I have skill, your welcome to come prove it. Sgt.Striker, Sgt. Murder Mauler Monk, Death Strike007.

amfest
11-06-04, 23:40
Thems the breaks .. . like if you run into 2 good PvPs and a good PPU . . . You make the choice to fight. I personally like the scatter feature. People see a drone on their local then you see everyone nerveously checking the skys all around :D

Gotterdammerung
11-06-04, 23:42
it wasn't that long ago that I posted, keep yourselves in check here. Post intelligently or don't post at all and if you feel the need to get personal take it to pm's. Some here are very close to a ban so behave.

Moscow
12-06-04, 00:05
yeah what balls... using exploits to hide in walls, on the highest cliffs, inside unsolid objects, then use an untargetable satalite that has no recticle to pick off your enemies... no skill involved. Yes, I have a droner, and I have a melee tanks. I dont really play either 1 because its lame. And, as I always say, if your on saturn and dont think I have skill, your welcome to come prove it. Sgt.Striker, Sgt. Murder Mauler Monk, Death Strike007.

The exploits you listed can be used by any character archetype; hardly a Droner only problem. Furthermore, I fail to see how personal skill has anything to do with bravery, really. o_O

Anyway, I think Drones are fine in their current incarnation (Bugs aside, of course). The main problem people seem to have with Drones is that they can't do much against the Drone itself....of course you can't! You're not supposed to fight the bloody thing!

Find the Droner, should be easy given their poor run-speed and almost zero health/resists. I've had plenty of experience with Drones, both as their Rigger as well as their victim, and from what I've seen people can't fight against them because they're too dead-set on treating Drones as Runners.

It doesn't work that way, I'm afraid.

Fight the Droner, not the Drone.

Peace.

-Moscow

Clownst0pper
12-06-04, 01:23
Terror you are always moaning, you are a private eye, who cant stealth, so you are going to take damage from everything, and if your out in the open, its perfect hunting ground for a droner.

Drones are stupidly easy to target with a ravager/apu/sniper rifle.

Obviously pistols is harder, make some light footwork, kick a heal, and run for cover, and it soon makes it very difficult for a droner.

Terror, have you ever heard the saying...

"A bad workman always blames his tools"

Well it seems to me, its not only your tools which are bad, but everyone elses.

I think you should look at your skills and setup more..

@ those who think a droner cant stealth without gimping..Well, i have 210 Remote Control, and 230 willpower, I fully cap every single blue printed drone, and also use stealth 1 and a hover tech, and poke tl 115, so yes - U can stealth and cap all drones.

LiL T
12-06-04, 01:44
I died alot alot today :( don't play this game while drunk because when you get upset after you died you start posting silly shit. But the damn drone is a bit to much I don't think I got a hit on it thats all that pisses me off really the fact that there hard to target.

cobrajay157
12-06-04, 01:46
no to flame or anything but lily stfu you posted about melee also, go fix ur resist you noobs

EDIT: no im actually not melee tank player or droner and neither of them can own my apu or tank........

LiL T
12-06-04, 01:49
no to flame or anything but lily stfu you posted about melee also, go fix ur resist you noobs

Let me guess melee tank player?

:rolleyes:

LiL T
12-06-04, 01:51
mods Plz close this thread waste of time

Xylaz
12-06-04, 02:15
and here we are again... our daily nerf-em thread...

Gotterdammerung
12-06-04, 02:16
closed as per starters request