PDA

View Full Version : OT - Help with HTML

Saza
11-06-04, 12:29
OK, so I'm making a website, and I want to know how I bring up a page that has no toolbars or scroll buttons, just like pop-up ads. How exactly do I do this?

Thanks for ya help.

hinch
11-06-04, 13:12
<a href="#" onClick="window.open('pagetoopen','mywindow','width=800,height=600,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,stat us=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,copyhistory=no,resizable=no')">click to open in new window</a>

Lexxuk
11-06-04, 21:23
or you could set it up as a Javascript to reload the window with them settins, but I'm to lazy to remember how to do that :p

Archeus
11-06-04, 21:33
You can forget about using pop-ups as a large majority of the internet population now block them.

plague
11-06-04, 21:39
pop-ups??? koskoskos, i hate pop ups don't use them lol...
Go to www.dynamicdrive.com they got sht loads of lill scripts for webdesign including popup generator :D

Agent L
12-06-04, 00:06
no toolbars or scroll buttons = Alt+F4
If designer don't want me to watch the site the way I want, I don't want to watch it at all.

amfest
12-06-04, 00:10
He didn't say a popup .he said like popups .. he just wants the page to open like that. Personally I have to agree with the previous poster . . I hate pages like that. Alt+F4 it typically gets. Especially if it doesn't adjust to my resolution at all. It's really borked.

Saza
12-06-04, 14:00
I'm using it to make a virtual Neocron Map. When you click on a sector, it brings up a pop up of that sector but in a much higher resolution to show detail.

I find this much more useful than having to click back after viewing a sector, or having to have a huge ass map to show everything in detail.

Lexxuk
12-06-04, 14:14
Then you want to use Area Map's, get the whole NC map, map out the little area's, which open up the new Window with the map in.

Cubico
12-06-04, 14:23
I'm using it to make a virtual Neocron Map. When you click on a sector, it brings up a pop up of that sector but in a much higher resolution to show detail.

I find this much more useful than having to click back after viewing a sector, or having to have a huge ass map to show everything in detail.

Check mmorpg.com. If you move over a news a hidden area comes up showing more of the news.
You could use a similar feature for your map, and you dont need another window to be opened.
You need to know a bit about Javascript (which loads the sector image into the area) and cascading stylesheet (do understand what property to change for to hiding/showing the area).

Agent L
12-06-04, 18:51
hmm, I'd say leave it for user to choose.
If one wants - shift-clik to open in new wnd. Normal click to go to it. And m-click in firefox to send image to new tab : D

But image poping up on mouse hover, yeah, I think it rox.