PDA

View Full Version : If Neptune comes.

Shujin
11-06-04, 03:39
MJS said if they do decide to create neptune, it would be a hardcore server. He said no LE's and no safezones.

I was thinking about how easy it is to level in neocron and I thought it would be great to have a truely hard core server. A server that you gain less than half the exp, money, and loot off mobs.

It would take much much longer to level and obtain financial stability. But once you do you can be proud that you achieved it.

Just somethin I hope comes true... because just no LE and no safezones isnt very hardcore, its just pure pvp which is nice aswell ;].

Scikar
11-06-04, 03:42
Longer levelling isn't more hardcore. It's just more timesinks before you get to worthwhile PvP. Not very good on a hardcore PvP server. Slower levelling would be more appropriate to a non-PvP server where people will need something to keep them entertained before they hit cap after a week and don't have much to do, and even then, I don't think it would go down well.

Shujin
11-06-04, 03:45
Longer levelling isn't more hardcore. It's just more timesinks before you get to worthwhile PvP. Not very good on a hardcore PvP server. Slower levelling would be more appropriate to a non-PvP server where people will need something to keep them entertained before they hit cap after a week and don't have much to do, and even then, I don't think it would go down well.
Actaully, to me, the funnest pvp is when its a bunch of noobs vs noobs non rares. I remember back in beta that was the funnest pvp of all. I walked past jeriko and seen someone shout "stay away from jeriko its crackhead territory" well i decided to get a bit closer and he shoved his hew liquid fire up meh ass ;D

Noob PvP > all pvp.

Scikar
11-06-04, 03:55
Making everyone level more doesn't lead to more noob PvP though, it just leads to more capped runners ganking low level runners.

Androth
11-06-04, 04:14
It's not a bad idea, though I'm not sure about the non safezones. It seems to me that it would lead to alot of high ranks pking noob chars... Not so fun imho, but then again there are other servers to play on I guess. Would help if the servers we have now got more fully populated before we get another one imho...

Shujin
11-06-04, 04:15
It's not a bad idea, though I'm not sure about the non safezones. It seems to me that it would lead to alot of high ranks pking noob chars... Not so fun imho, but then again there are other servers to play on I guess. Would help if the servers we have now got more fully populated before we get another one imho...well if mjs sticks to his word it WILL be non le and non safezone.

Houston
11-06-04, 04:26
Actaully, to me, the funnest pvp is when its a bunch of noobs vs noobs non rares. I remember back in beta that was the funnest pvp of all. I walked past jeriko and seen someone shout "stay away from jeriko its crackhead territory" well i decided to get a bit closer and he shoved his hew liquid fire up meh ass ;D

Noob PvP > all pvp.
Yea on saturn i am a noob char and fight other noobs and its more fun than the high lvl Pking by far Go street model uzi with laserpointer!!! :lol:

and1guy
11-06-04, 04:30
Bring On The Neptune I Say!!! Woo Woo

Shujin
11-06-04, 04:32
Yea on saturn i am a noob char and fight other noobs and its more fun than the high lvl Pking by far Go street model uzi with laserpointer!!! :lol:
i know man its freakin fun as hell. high level pvp is over to fast and people usually use the same shit: cs, para, blah blah blah.

in noob pvp it takes a while because all the noob weps are pretty weak pvp ;] and theres a plethera of choices, uzi's auto pistols, laser pistols, plasma pistols, fusion pistols, pumpguns, alot of fun choices.

i remember runnin around with pumpguns in beta ;] i wubbed thane because he gave me a 7 slotted pumpgun

jernau
11-06-04, 04:34
Neptune is moot.

Why do some people still not get this?

Shujin
11-06-04, 04:35
Neptune is moot.

Why do some people still not get this?
*plugs ears* lalalallalala

yavimaya
11-06-04, 07:29

What a load of shit, have you ever PVP'd as a low level char against another char of the same level? Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it, you can still have a good battle.

I like shujins idea very much :P

Archeus
11-06-04, 07:58
They should turn Pluto into Neptune. It is not like the 40 or so people will mind. :(

The only thing Neptune needs though is "grace period" after you die. Say 2-3 minutes where no one can hurt you unless you start combat again.

Pith
11-06-04, 09:24
They should turn Pluto into Neptune. It is not like the 40 or so people will mind. :(

The only thing Neptune needs though is "grace period" after you die. Say 2-3 minutes where no one can hurt you unless you start combat again.
its not 40 people anymore, during the day maybe but yesterday it was 114 and last saturday someone in my clan mentioned 143...

MkVenner
11-06-04, 09:29
yeah i know of quite a few people moving off of saturn to the others, myself one of them

oh yeah

**cough cough (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=100803)**

msdong
11-06-04, 09:45
....Noob PvP > all pvp.

jo !!!!

pvp with the first 2 guns is fun. after that you die to fast.

formori
11-06-04, 09:47
yup me too im back on pluto with me character Lukas Mark.

and the atmostphere is allot better :)

oh and that should have a noob fight night, no one over 20/20 is allowed to enter. get the new people to learn PvP from an early start so when thay get to the op level lvl they know what they are doing

Rade
11-06-04, 09:53
What a load of shit, have you ever PVP'd as a low level char against another char of the same level? Theres absolutely nothing wrong with it, you can still have a good battle.

Slower leveling will just further segregate the hardcore players from the
casual players, even on server with hardcore PvP rules there will still be
people who doesnt cap in a week. When this happens on a server with
unrestricted PvP noob ganking will become a more serious problem than it
would be with faster leveling.

Archeus
11-06-04, 09:57
its not 40 people anymore, during the day maybe but yesterday it was 114 and last saturday someone in my clan mentioned 143...

One day in the week. generally the average for now is 20. Evening times it goes as high as 80.

The sad thing is, if neptune comes about a lot of the people I know who are still on Pluto will leave pluto for it.

SPIKE (pluto)
11-06-04, 10:03
i wont be moving from pluto, it would make my forum name invalid :p

Lethys
11-06-04, 10:16
I think on Neptune the stat caps should go back to what they were before the specialization patch.

Actually I think that should happen on every server but there's not much chance of that. :p

Morganth
11-06-04, 10:39
In requesting Neptune aren't you just asking for a server which will be identical to that of the BDoY servers in September, just minus the LE?

yeah i know of quite a few people moving off of saturn to the others, myself one of them

oh yeah

**cough cough (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=100803)**

You were CA, and we all know where they stand on Saturn. Wouldn't it have been cheaper to switch factions rather than moving to the Saturn clone?

MkVenner
11-06-04, 11:04
ok 1st of all i was CA/CM/Dre and i had 1 BT guy, i was just predominatly CA, by changing faction i would have still been on the same server with the same gankers and the same prats. You know why i left saturn, it was when i GRed to the battle dome and theree was a Dev tank behind the GR, 2 with CS either side and one outside with a Rav, oh and the PPU to buff and hack belts killing everyone....thats just lame...oh they were PP, and i was on a CA...

oh and maybe you would like to tell me where CA stand? Im not quite sure myself

oh yeah and i wanted to try some new chars, like monks pistol PEs etc, and i thought 4 accounts for some one who plays on a 4 char server was pushing it, but ill still make another MC PE lol :D

ichinin
11-06-04, 11:32
One day in the week. generally the average for now is 20. Evening times it goes as high as 80.

The sad thing is, if neptune comes about a lot of the people I know who are still on Pluto will leave pluto for it.

Bullocks mate. It's > 100 every night. Logon early & stay awake long and see for yourself. Even Uranus and Venus go down < 50 at rock-bottom times.

I for one do not want pluto to become that server. Wish the RP came back a bit more to it. I do support the idea of a full PvP server for people who want it, just dont fuck up my main server.

Archeus
11-06-04, 13:46
In requesting Neptune aren't you just asking for a server which will be identical to that of the BDoY servers in September, just minus the LE?

No it would mean no warzones, no anarchy zones, no safe zones. BDOY has those, as well as no safe slot.

I've played on Darktide (AC hardcore pvp server). Like that, it would be hell to level up, especially solo. But it is better at building communities.

Candaman
11-06-04, 14:16
its took them 2 years to get DoY out i don't hold high hopes for neptune before 2009

Psycho_SquiRReL
11-06-04, 14:21
its took them 2 years to get DoY out i don't hold high hopes for neptune before 2009

:/ than i guess just my kids will get to play Irata III when it comes out in................................... 2020

Scikar
11-06-04, 14:28

I never said there was anything wrong with it. Anything that encourages newb PvP is perfectly fine by me, I love it too. But shujin's idea won't encourage newb PvP, it will just increase the gap between newbs and capped players. Newb PvP is all well and good until a capped runner comes along and kills the lot of you.

-=BlackBeard=-
11-06-04, 14:35
i want the pvp but not the levellin thing

ichinin
11-06-04, 17:00
i want the pvp but not the levellin thing

http://planetside.station.sony.com/
http://www.unrealtournament.com/

SPIKE (pluto)
11-06-04, 17:36
:/ than i guess just my kids will get to play Irata III when it comes out in................................... 2020

thought the next expansion would be tokyo 2, that would be uber, go mega high tec

[OT: blackbeard (assuming ure havent switched accounts with someoen again) if u decide to take ichinin's advice and go planet side, pm me and ill get dave, possibly anders, and a couple of other ppl[bout 10 :) ] who may be switching, planet side is no good on ure own ya see, its the reason i quit :p )

jernau
11-06-04, 17:44
No it would mean no warzones, no anarchy zones, no safe zones. BDOY has those, as well as no safe slot.

I've played on Darktide (AC hardcore pvp server). Like that, it would be hell to level up, especially solo. But it is better at building communities.
IIRC Neptune was pretty much shelved before warzones and anarchy zones even existed.

ZoomZoom
11-06-04, 18:34
ok think it will bring ppl togtheir more as there is saftey in numbers :)

and paraing ppu whores :mad:

Morganth
11-06-04, 20:06
oh and maybe you would like to tell me where CA stand? Im not quite sure myself

CA aren't really that much of a faction anymore, since SoldierZ faded away. All the other CA clans don't do much aside from stand around in Plaza. And if you look on the map you will see it is dominated by anti-city factions, so that doesn't really help CA much.