PDA

View Full Version : RPG Vault Peek #7

Thanatos
10-06-04, 17:50
Peek #7 (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/522/522439p1.html)

Enjoy.

StryfeX
10-06-04, 17:52
Peek #7 (http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/522/522439p1.html)

Enjoy.w00t. Sexy.

--Stryfe

Benjie
10-06-04, 17:54
yaaaaaay!
Im happy now. Thnx 4 cheering me up.

:)

Garg [RogueNET]
10-06-04, 17:54
Looks cool with the new HQs

J. Folsom
10-06-04, 17:55
I just looked outside, and the sky had turned into a blood-red colour, and a bunch of guys riding flying horses went past, so I knew there had to be a BDOY peek!

:p

Anyway, yay, finally. I notice this one was written by Snow, which explains his comments from a few minutes ago.

Anyway, good to hear the faction specific item plans are continuing.

Tycho C
10-06-04, 17:57
Nice, making Fac HQ and offices cool places to hang out.

Could help bring same fac clans together.

Will these still be safe zones like it was said a few months ago ?

Benjie
10-06-04, 17:57
The Tsunami Syndicate, Black Dragon Clan and Brotherhood of Crahn factions have additional supply depots at their secret offices inside the walls of Neocron City.
Huh?
I thought those factions where moving to Dome of York.

o_O

Also, whats with the old character models?

J. Folsom
10-06-04, 17:59
Huh?
I thought those factions where moving to Dome of York.

:wtf:
I'm guessing they have their offices at both places, one in Dome of York, one in Neocron.

SnowCrash
10-06-04, 18:00
The faction office is the main working and meeting place for the elected Faction Council. It is manned 24 hours a day by the Faction Office Assistant, who provides the faction members with all necessary information about the faction and its council. The offices of the Tsunami Syndicate, the Black Dragon Clan and the Brotherhood of Crahn are not located in their Faction Headquarters. These three are located in secret premises within Neocron City, and are only accessible through hidden entrances.

The regular HQs are inside the Dome. Don't worry ;)

Tycho C
10-06-04, 18:00
They are, but the secret HQ's that are there now are going to be staying.

Also, a PE in a Crahn HQ !! That's sacrelige !!

[/edit] Snow, always on top of things

Benjie
10-06-04, 18:02
PE in a Crahn HQ !! That's sacrelige !!
Couldn't it have at least been a new model?

SnowCrash
10-06-04, 18:05
Couldn't it have at least been a new model?

Not yet now. But your patience will be worshipped soon, young runner.

Tratos
10-06-04, 18:07
about time :p

Thank You :)

sorry read above post from Snow

Cant wait then :D

Benjie
10-06-04, 18:08
I know i'm bitching, and don't get me wrong. I think this sneek peek is very cool.
However, this texture in the faction HQ screenshot is one of Neocrons worst graphical "things". Instead of using a polygon to map out the pipes, the pipes are drawn onto the wall to give the effect of pipes.
It's a very dated technique that was used back in 1997-2000.
I would at least have thought DoY would have replaced this texture with a mapped version. It would look much sexier. Especially in Plaza 1.

Is this not the case?

(2nd screenshot 4 laughs ^^)

Siygess
10-06-04, 18:16
Thats because pipes are evil - a five sided cylinder with no bends is 16 polys on it's own - and thats before it starts dividing up the surfaces it touches :D

Dont worry, Benjie. One we see the new character models, I'm sure we'll forget all about the texture pipes :)

MrChumble
10-06-04, 18:23
Some nice info and new screens, but those old player models kinda date the whole thing. They look better in motion, but that's hard to convey in a screenshot...

Could you not cheat totally and do some really high poly/detail ones and photoshop them in? :p

Judge
10-06-04, 18:34
They are, but the secret HQ's that are there now are going to be staying.

Also, a PE in a Crahn HQ !! That's sacrelige !!

[/edit] Snow, always on top of things

My char is a PE dedicated to Crahn. Her job is to track down and kill heretic Psi Monks, and relieve their sin with her Liberator. Its not sacrilege.... just a bit odd.

Shujin
10-06-04, 18:37
Glad to see a another sneek peek but... that is a pretty weak excuse of a peek...

Benjie
10-06-04, 18:41
Could you not cheat totally and do some really high poly/detail ones and photoshop them in? :p
h4x11

[edit] Added the picy of her in a white background for your pasting pleasures.

Heavyporker
10-06-04, 18:50
Sexy.. but brief... oh so brief...

Clownst0pper
10-06-04, 18:53
I asked for GR's in faction HQ's years ago, and when you GR in, u dont get impairment.

Do u get impairment in the new ones? :eek:

Maester Seymour
10-06-04, 19:05
Short & sweet but still a good peek :D

Shadow Dancer
10-06-04, 19:10
Very nice KK. http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

garyu69
10-06-04, 19:23
very nice.

I think the old graphics are still being used because thats likely what they are still running the thing on at the moment until everything is complete,

sanityislost
10-06-04, 19:28
Very very sexy, thanx for the new peep show rawr

SiL ..:..

Celt
10-06-04, 19:36
Nice to see the upgraded graphics engine in action :)

This peek was well worth the wait, finally a sneak peek thats meaty.

Shujin
10-06-04, 19:39
Nice to see the upgraded graphics engine in action :)

This peek was well worth the wait, finally a sneak peek thats meaty.
you sure its the new engine? look at the TG suppy depot pic, doesnt look to enhanced O_o.

Rob01m
10-06-04, 19:47
you sure its the new engine? look at the TG suppy depot pic, doesnt look to enhanced O_o.

He sounded a little sarcastic to me. :p

Anyways, I'm happy to see the progress they are making.

very nice.

I think the old graphics are still being used because thats likely what they are still running the thing on at the moment until everything is complete,

That's the impression I'm getting too. They still have a lot of work ahead of them, and once they update the engine itself, things should get a lot better right?

40$Poser
10-06-04, 19:51
I thought the point of previews was to show off the great graphics, oh well.... nice to know there's gonna be faction hqs in DoY just like NC has.

Marx
10-06-04, 19:55
Special faction items are available from the Faction Supply Manager for reproduction or daily usage, but only to loyal members
What this is?

40$Poser
10-06-04, 20:01
What this is?

judging by one of the DoY gui screens, since soullight is still listed. Faction sympathy is probably going to be the same. Thus maybe 70+ to your own faction = you being a loyal member?

hmm one idea Black Dragon will have exclusive drugs. But that's just my idea.

Dribble Joy
10-06-04, 20:04
...The faction office is the main working and meeting place for the elected Faction Council. It is manned 24 hours a day by the Faction Office Assistant, who provides the faction members with all necessary information about the faction and its council....

AAAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Anyone else find that funny?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

(I'm dedicated.. but... O_o;; )

J. Folsom
10-06-04, 20:05

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
Faction Office Assistant's are the NPCs in the faction offices already. :p

Marx
10-06-04, 20:38

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

(I'm dedicated.. but... O_o;; )
My guess is it's talking about NPC's which give you info about faction actions and the like.

Psycho_SquiRReL
10-06-04, 21:27
those textures look like absolute SHIT

Doc Holliday
10-06-04, 21:44
Faction Office Assistant's are the NPCs in the faction offices already. :p

Hahahaha own3d. soz dribble u misread by a mile tho didnt u. office assistant. that makes me think of that paper clip in microsoft word :mad: :lol:

it must be the exam stress. revise more. sleep less. work hard. be good.

|R@zor|
10-06-04, 23:53
nice to see another peek, but i hope thats not the updated engine, the textures on that last shot looked pretty fuzzy.

Drexel
11-06-04, 06:19
Like momma always said...

"Ya can't polish a Turd !"

Original monk
11-06-04, 09:05
that chran HQ picture looks immensly, extremely, ultra, mega, over the top, gigantically COOL :)

but why on earth is there a PE standing on the altar ???

put a monk in PA over there :)

MkVenner
11-06-04, 09:36
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO0000000000!!!!1111111oneone

"forbidden by proxy"
damn Fords non NC interweb

deac
11-06-04, 13:06
wtf this is nothing to put in a sneak ? woohoo a few new rooms with npcs... \o/

ou7blaze
11-06-04, 13:38
I don't know why everyone is so happy and pleased.

Those textures are so pathetic I can't believe KK is actually them to us, look at the computers they look so friggin fake man, jesus christ.

The wall, what is that some random colours mixed together and just pasted ??

Dude what the hell man I'm not impressed at all, and when are we getting REAL screenshots from the new GUI and the "updated" engine, this is getting very worrying if u still can't show us that "new" engine of yours, if you've even got one you can call a proper "engine".

Man i hope you do better KK, this is appauling...

Psycho_SquiRReL
11-06-04, 14:06

Those textures are so pathetic I can't believe KK is actually them to us, look at the computers they look so friggin fake man, jesus christ.

Dude what the hell man I'm not impressed at all, and when are we getting REAL screenshots from the new GUI and the "updated" engine, this is getting very worrying if u still can't show us that "new" engine of yours, if you've even got one you can call a proper "engine".

my thoughts exactly... i would be very dissapointed if that was using the new engine...... but i couldnt understand why KK WOULD release screens of the old engine just because of confusion like this... things are looking grim...

Original monk
11-06-04, 15:03

im happy and pleased cause i wonna stand in that church i yust seen there :)

but for me it doesnt even has to be the biggest of best and greatest state of the art gfx in the world :) its the athmosphere that does it, btw ya cant really judge the gfx from the game on a few screens, i think KK should make a small movie or sumthing as a sneakpeak, where ya fly true doy :P or true some fatcion HQ's :)

MkVenner
11-06-04, 15:46
although graphics arent the most important thing to me, i mean Fallout 1/2, 2 of the best atmospheres/stories and yet the graphis arent good. Story, content and atmosphere are much more important.

but then again i aint seen the graphis yet...damn proxy...

Psycho_SquiRReL
11-06-04, 15:52

but for me it doesnt even has to be the biggest of best and greatest state of the art gfx in the world :) its the athmosphere that does it, btw ya cant really judge the gfx from the game on a few screens, i think KK should make a small movie or sumthing as a sneakpeak, where ya fly true doy :P or true some fatcion HQ's :)

was just judging the textures.... you CAN judge textures by screenies ;)

Tratos
11-06-04, 16:20
Well they'd better hurry up with that new engine as MJS said somwhere that he aims for the trailer to be released in mid - end of July and i dont think many would like a trailer on a crappy DX7 engine :p

ou7blaze
11-06-04, 16:22

But you see my point is THE GRAPHICS ARE WORSE ...

deac
11-06-04, 19:18
although graphics arent the most important thing to me, i mean Fallout 1/2, 2 of the best atmospheres/stories and yet the graphis arent good.

dude fallout 1-2 and tactics have kick ass graphics, as you might now my avatar is from FOT.

sight i wish 2d would come back big time but its just much harder and more expensive to do that 3rd.

Nasher
11-06-04, 20:05
I'd rather they kept the "no loading times, be ingame within 10 seconds of launch" graphics than for them to bog it down with photo quality graphics that takes 10 mins to load. Something SOE tried with SWG, but they failed so miserably and ended up with a slow low quality engine, that takes 10 mins to load (on lower quality settings).

But I doubt thats the new engine anyway because it looks exactly like the old one using the new textures, it doesnt look right O_o

Mumblyfish
11-06-04, 21:56
I'd rather they kept the "no loading times, be ingame within 10 seconds of launch" graphics than for them to bog it down with photo quality graphics that takes 10 mins to load. Something SOE tried with SWG, but they failed so miserably and ended up with a slow low quality engine, that takes 10 mins to load (on lower quality settings).

But I doubt thats the new engine anyway because it looks exactly like the old one using the new textures, it doesnt look right O_o
Perfect example - Far Cry. Awesome game and all, but looooooooooooading...

Benjie
11-06-04, 23:06
dude fallout 1-2 and tactics have kick ass graphics, as you might now my avatar is from FOT.

sight i wish 2d would come back big time but its just much harder and more expensive to do that 3rd.
It never really left. There is still a huge fanbase for 2D RPG games. Divine Divinity, Beyond Diviniy and Sacrad proove that. Not to mention the hugely anticipated Divine Divinity 2. :p

those textures look like absolute SHIT

Those textures look higher resolution. All the origional textures that your familiar with will still be featured, except they will remain detailed close up. If you don't like the look of those screenshots, then maybe you should go or remain as a pro Neocron, and fight the scummy Dome of York and there gross textures. MJS did always say that it will be gritty...

It really is up to you. Personally I'm remaining as a Black Dragon, and I will spend my time in the back allys of Neocron.

But I doubt thats the new engine
I also doubt it is. Those textures will still be using the old DX7 renderers. I expect the screenshots of the customisable appartments to be DX9 renders, as I expect the Babe from the Neocronicle is.

NS_CHROME54
11-06-04, 23:08
the information is great, but the screenshots positively suck.

Jest
11-06-04, 23:15
Personally I think this is a cool sneak peak, but was a bit dissappointed after an 8 week wait. I know you are all busy working on BDoY and hey, thats great, but imo these sneak peaks are absolutely necessary. Was just hoping for a little more I guess.

RayBob
12-06-04, 18:29
I'd rather they kept the "no loading times, be ingame within 10 seconds of launch" graphics than for them to bog it down with photo quality graphics that takes 10 mins to load.KK had better be careful to avoid this. Whether or not they choose to admit it, their game is extremely unstable and crashes regularly for most people. The quick restarts make the frequent FREs less painful. I think a lot of people would get frustrated if the game continued to crash as often as it does now but required 5 minutes to reload.

ou7blaze
12-06-04, 20:32
LoL...

if the game crashes at all im quiting this piece of crap coding game.

Sure is a nice feature, but im not paying money to play some gay which is at some times, unplayable O_o

Like wtf, my friends came to play the game and :

1. wtf, wher's everyone O_o

2. er... laggggg (fps) (dude... radeon9800pro hello?)

3. ok lest go to the (oh damn FRE)

4. hey er, is that it ? plaza 4 seemed a bit small lol

Tratos
13-06-04, 00:27
oh and KK update the development peeks section of the main site >_< its only up to peek 5!!!

Bred
13-06-04, 16:13
Thank you so much for the Peeks.

Why was this peek not on the front page below the patch and nema/neocronicle part? I didn't even know there was a peek 6 till i saw this one, it could just be that i'm retarted. Thanks though, it really shows me that KK is trying to hit the September date. Have they found a US publisher?

Bred

Rai Wong
13-06-04, 22:29
I know I have left for anarchy online, but I have to say what a piece of crap, even the orginal everyquest looks better, no offence. At least have some displacement/bump maping for god sakes.

Nasher
15-06-04, 17:08
The only reason the game runs so crappy atm is because its an old engine with old directx, so it doesnt make use of the GPU and advanced features on new graphics cards, so its all done by the CPU. With DX9 support and a new engine that should all be a thing of the past (hopes) :)