PDA

View Full Version : English GCSE

Judge
10-06-04, 17:21
It was quite strange today.... I had my English Language paper 1 today (GCSE) and we had to write a letter arguing an issue with the headmaster of your school. For a few minutes I was thinking about how to word it, and then scarily, some of my numerous posts regarding PPUs, Para and PE balance came back to me and it actually helped me formulate a good argument. 8|

slaughteruall
10-06-04, 17:23
It was quite strange today.... I had my English Language paper 1 today (GCSE) and we had to write a letter arguing an issue with the headmaster of your school. For a few minutes I was thinking about how to word it, and then scarily, some of my numerous posts regarding PPUs, Para and PE balance came back to me and it actually helped me formulate a good argument. 8|

You need to get out more often.

Slaughter

Clownst0pper
10-06-04, 17:24
AHHH the joys of GCSE english.

As they say at A level coms and english "Incorperating real life examples into your work gives a great indication of a students experiances"

GJ

jernau
10-06-04, 17:24
You didn't use "NERF!!" or "OMG" did you?

:p

J. Folsom
10-06-04, 17:32
OMG NERF DETENTION!

:p

Well, it's not that odd, nothing as good as training your argumenting skills then argumenting with a hoard of people with extreme opinions.

Judge
10-06-04, 17:44
I did manage to avoid that Jernau. :p

Oh, and sorry about not replying to your PM, but my computer has been... dead. For the past few days. Only jusy got it fixed.

Tratos
10-06-04, 18:10
Yes indeed i also did Question 3 in Section B :p

lol it would be better if i actualy got to shout at my head teacher as he is an arse on legs who mumbles about shite CONSTANTLY and has fucked up the school so much the majority of the best staff who have been at the school for ages are leaving due to the new "policys"

Anyway enough of flaming school :p

That Paper sucked i hate GCSE English :(

jernau
10-06-04, 18:12
I did manage to avoid that Jernau. :p

Oh, and sorry about not replying to your PM, but my computer has been... dead. For the past few days. Only jusy got it fixed.
No worries.

Hope you did good on the paper.

Judge
10-06-04, 18:30
Yeah, I think I did pretty well.

Its good, I'm around halfway through with GCSE's now... can't wait until they are finished because my mates and I have organised a massive camping trip in cornwall. Lots of beer and other substances on the beach. :D

OmegaVII
10-06-04, 21:05
AH yes the wonders of GCSE english, never did like it.

But beach parties in cornwall ....thats another matter :D . there always great fun, if you can remeber what happend :p . oh and just remember to take all your rubbish home with you, else the place is a mine field of broken glass bottles in the morning .... im getting fed up of having to go to casualty.

oh and just make sure you finish all your exams before you go in to party mode. turning up 1.5 hours late to you modern world history exam with a hang over = bad hrhrh. oh well it was my last exam and it was my 16th birthday the day before

Bengalmin
10-06-04, 21:43
I failed (well got a D) in GCSE english :D

still got 4 A levels and a masters degree! so who need english, just blag it ;)

Moscow
10-06-04, 21:47
Ah, don't worry about that; when I did my exams, there were two parts for one of the writing papers:

Write about someone we admired, making sure to include both positive AND negative aspects of them. One of those "show us if you can write without bias" thingies.

I ended up writing about Darth Vader; he of Star Wars fame.

The second part was to write about a place we hated. Making sure to put forward a decent "argument" as to why it was so bad, a sort of "convince the crowd" exercise.

I wrote about the "Forest of Four Seasons" in Secret of Mana.

I recieved an A grade for this paper. Go figure. o_O

Peace.

-Moscow

greendonkeyuk
10-06-04, 21:53
lol my creative writing piece had to be titled a strange person in a strange land. I trotted out the plot to fallout 1 and 2 in about 8 sides of A4....

i too got an A.

(the only A grade i got too double proud)

Judge
10-06-04, 22:09
Yes indeed i also did Question 3 in Section B :p

lol it would be better if i actualy got to shout at my head teacher as he is an arse on legs who mumbles about shite CONSTANTLY and has fucked up the school so much the majority of the best staff who have been at the school for ages are leaving due to the new "policys"

Anyway enough of flaming school :p

That Paper sucked i hate GCSE English :(

I don't think that there's a single person I know who didn't do that question. :p

How did you find question 1 a) ? I spent almost half an hour on that biatch... fucking hard for the marks imo.

But beach parties in cornwall ....thats another matter . there always great fun, if you can remeber what happend . oh and just remember to take all your rubbish home with you, else the place is a mine field of broken glass bottles in the morning .... im getting fed up of having to go to casualty.

Yeah, I'm not sure if we're going to be drinking much on the actual beach... as its a bit too public and we're more likely to get busted, well not so much for beer... *looks round shiftily* So we'll probably keep most of the illegal activities to our tents.

Tratos
10-06-04, 23:28
I don't think that there's a single person I know who didn't do that question. :p

How did you find question 1 a) ? I spent almost half an hour on that biatch... fucking hard for the marks imo.

Yeah, I'm not sure if we're going to be drinking much on the actual beach... as its a bit too public and we're more likely to get busted, well not so much for beer... *looks round shiftily* So we'll probably keep most of the illegal activities to our tents.
Rofl 1 a) well first i looked at how shit our school "gym" (second sports hall) looked then i read the thing spent a few mins reading wrote a shite 3/4 page answer and had a 5 min rest :p lol i think i'll be re-sitting GCSE English next year :(

OmegaVII
11-06-04, 03:29

we didn't either on perranporth beach , but thanks to sam (who's dad is a high ranking officer in the cornwall and devon police force) we mananged to get rid of them with only a small warning to put out our fire and move off the sand dunes) then we carry on our party to 8am :D

Original monk
11-06-04, 08:59
some of my numerous posts regarding PPUs, Para and PE balance came back to me and it actually helped me formulate a good argument. 8|

cool, so actually, when we are whining to nerf or unnerf this or that, we are learning english ! :cool:

daamn the more ya whine, the smarter ya get

i like that :P

Judge
11-06-04, 13:42
Yup, well a good arguement leaves less holes for mocking, so on this forum you learn very fast. :p