PDA

View Full Version : Implants.....and dying

Prodigious
09-06-04, 21:42
i would like to know why the hell my SA chip falls out a hell of a lot more often than ANY other implant ANYWHERE in my chars body.

i dont mean just head imps, but EVERY SINGLE IMPLANT SLOT......

its not right and to be quite frank im going to paddy like a little kid and say, its not fair. i worked bloody hard for my SA and i dont expect to have to repair it more often than a chip that is a lot more common such as a distance 3.

is this just me or does anyone else find that there mc5 imps fall out more than any other?

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 21:47
I dont got one yet... but yeah I think they should have a little lower chance of popping out.

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-04, 21:50
my sa never popped once :p its always my bones or my heart and ofcourse the psi glove.. never my sa :D:D:D

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 21:51
Some people are lucky killer, I personally never loose my SF imp, only poped out on me 2 times since my first retail PE.

Prodigious
09-06-04, 21:59
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

LUCKY BASTARDS!!!

i never lose my SF, i wouldnt give 2 shits bout that, just my SA cost me a bloody lot and i dont have the time to roll a char to take to mc5, hell i hardly have time atm to regain my 3 dex levels lost from lomming (bare in mind im a PE so 77-80 is hardly too challenging). but my SA wil need repping soon, maybe im just damn unlucky.........

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 22:05
I think you are just unlucky, but I still think mc5 chips should have a lower pop out rate, maybe even repair like epic items 8|

jiga
09-06-04, 23:06
I think you are just unlucky, but I still think mc5 chips should have a lower pop out rate, maybe even repair like epic items 8|
I think that they shuld never drop. It's too valuable an item to drop

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 23:09
MC5 chips shouldn't degrade so much when you repair it or when it falls out.

Radamez
09-06-04, 23:11
He's not just unlucky, the same shit has been happening to me since the patch.. SA pops 75% of the times I die .. plus I drop my PA a hell of alot more.

Maybe KK did something when fiddling with the mob drop rates? and it somehow effected player drops.. just a theory.. in any case, fucking annoying :mad:

Archeus
09-06-04, 23:14
Get a better poker to put it in.

TheGreatMilenko
10-06-04, 02:05
higher TL poker lowers the chance of a implant poppin

Soothsayer
10-06-04, 02:17

You have any proof? That would mean that pokers would have to overskill to bring in the business.

TheGreatMilenko
10-06-04, 02:21
You have any proof? That would mean that pokers would have to overskill to bring in the business.

negative they would have lower skill so they have to poke "MORE" implants in resulting in a bigger tip like i tip 1k per poke

Omnituens
10-06-04, 02:28
my MC5 chip is over a year old and hasnt been repaired once, i think its at about 109%/120%

Biznatchy
10-06-04, 06:20
Is that just superstition on the skill of the poker.

If not how does it function. If your going to drop chips does it pick the ones that were put in by the lowest poke skill and how does it keep track of that over a week or so time.

TheGreatMilenko
10-06-04, 07:26

If not how does it function. If your going to drop chips does it pick the ones that were put in by the lowest poke skill and how does it keep track of that over a week or so time.

its kinda like how a constructer makes a weapon the more slots it has the longer it takes to lose quality and the better stats the well umm better it is
but a constructer needs more cst skill to get better stats and such

yavimaya
10-06-04, 08:11
Get a better poker to put it in.

Exactly! noone has ever beleived me, i have been asked over 50 times ingame why i poke so high....

There are high level pokers out there, they do much better quality, things get done faster... and Yes! Implant tool TL does matter! atleast TL 150 tool pokes faster than a TL 30.

Anyone looking for a decent poke on Saturn, (usually late at night for most people. :( ) Just has to ask for Rotten Box. TL 165 Tool 150, usually in Plaza 2, and Warbot junk as a tip is prefered. :P

yavimaya
10-06-04, 08:16

Errm, It really just has to be a variable set to the implant or player. They aren't big.... And it would more likely be Implant skill Vs. Implant TL, if not more complex... not just picks the one that was poked with the lowest skill, or else it would get confused if they had all been done by the same poke TL. :P

Benjie
10-06-04, 09:00
Agreed.

J. Folsom
10-06-04, 09:21
It's most likely the case that your SA drops out as much as any implant, it's just really freaking annoying to get it put back in again, which makes it seem as if it pops out more.

Otherwise, it's just a variation on the "You never find anything if you look for it" theme, only in this case it's "It'll always drop out of your head if you don't want it to". In other words, stop caring about your SA chip, and it should start dropping out less often!

The above may be complete and utter nonsense.

Shadow Dancer
10-06-04, 09:42
How about testing it out on the test server? Poke an mc5 chip with 250 poking, and poke the rest with the minimum TLs needed. Then die 50000 times. :p

Maarten
10-06-04, 09:51
I dunno if this is relevant or not but my hybrid (who also has a MC5) has a soullight of 90. When she dies, I always pop only one implant and it always is one of the low TL items (bones, heart, eye). I never pop any head imps. And she has died a lot, since her hobby is Johnnie hunting... :)

I know it sounds like nonsense, I just noticed it... What is your SL, Prod?

Superbron
10-06-04, 10:03
My SF dropped once. When I wanted to get my backpack back, it was not retrievable. :(

winnoc
10-06-04, 10:07
Yeah i had that happen to me once too on my spy, click the gr, backpack is gone and you get nothing, lost a PE some imps and my pa. That sucked bad.

But then i just said "oh well, at least i don't have and empty gogo or cleaned cabs in my appy"