PDA

View Full Version : [Release] RPLE v6.20.200

StryfeX
09-06-04, 19:53
The RPLE v6.20.200 is out. Get it here (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/stuff/rplev620200.zip)!

Added the Silent Hunter Spirit equipment to the "Rare Drops" sheet.
Edited the Tangent Speed Gun requirements to take out the T-C req. Again.
Fixed some small formatting bugs.
As you can see, not a whole lot updated in this version. Mainly just small things to get it current with patch 200.

As per usual, please leave bugs, comments, and criticisms here.

--Stryfe

alig
09-06-04, 21:15
How do i work it? :confused: Cant open it ....

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 21:18
How do i work it? :confused: Cant open it ....

you need microsoft excel. Or open office.

Slaughter

StryfeX
09-06-04, 21:21
How do i work it? :confused: Cant open it ....It's a Microsoft Excel workbook. I recommend using Office 2003, since that's what this sheet was made in, but Office XP works well, too. You *can* use Office 2000 or Office 97, but in Office 2000 you lose the ability to show/hide the various sections of the workbook, and Office 97 has even more issues.

I attempted to use OOo (http://www.openoffice.org/) at one time (RPLE v6.6 I think) to open it, and while the basic formats came across, none of the advanced code-based features showed up. If you want to try it out again, I'd be very interested to hear your results.

--Stryfe

plague
09-06-04, 21:27
woo teh sex, hey how do i import my list from old rle to new one?

alig
09-06-04, 21:29
Oh. Damn. You need to buy office XXXX ? Im downloading that OOo thing now and it seems to be free (probably wont be, ill get a <enter registration code> no doubt).

I will give some feedback once its done. Whats a feature to look out for that did'nt work previously? I've never used this program.

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 21:30
Oh. Damn. You need to buy office XXXX ? Im downloading that OOo thing now and it seems to be free (probably wont be, ill get a <enter registration code> no doubt).

I will give some feedback once its done. Whats a feature to look out for that did'nt work previously? I've never used this program.

nope it's free

alig
09-06-04, 21:34
nope it's free

Office or OOo (O.o O.o odd)

Garg [RogueNET]
09-06-04, 21:39
Stryfe, i personally dont use this cause i never have parts lol... but i just wanted to say good job keep up the good work!

StryfeX
09-06-04, 22:03
Office or OOo (O.o O.o odd)OOo is free. MS Office is not. (Obviously. :p) There are *cough* _other ways_ *cough* of getting it, just like almost any other software. However I do not condone doing that. I know that where I live, there's a college selling MS products at like $10/CD and it's all authorized and legal, too. :wtf:

"]Stryfe, i personally dont use this cause i never have parts lol... but i just wanted to say good job keep up the good work!Thank you. :)

--Stryfe

alig
09-06-04, 22:34
Ok got it all installed now, can you tell from the picture if all your features work? I dont know what to look for heh. This is using that OOo program and java2 1.43 or something (latest one, it needed it) incase that matters.

Had to chop half the pic of...

StryfeX
09-06-04, 23:26
Ok got it all installed now, can you tell from the picture if all your features work? I dont know what to look for heh. This is using that OOo program and java2 1.43 or something (latest one, it needed it) incase that matters.

Had to chop half the pic of...AAAIIEEEE! That looks horrid. :lol:

Basically, it's supposed to look like this (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/Pictures/rple.jpg). Notice the spiffy looking toolbar above the "RPLE v6.20.200 by Stryfe". That's missing. Also it looks like it completely stipped off all of my code. Not to mention that it funked up the positioning of the triangles used to show/hide parts of the sheet.

Ugh.

--Stryfe

Maarten
09-06-04, 23:54
Sorry I'm a bit late with this, but if I remember correctly, the Energy Soulblade got boosted from TL90 to TL107. Not 100% sure about it though.

StryfeX
09-06-04, 23:58
Sorry I'm a bit late with this, but if I remember correctly, the Energy Soulblade got boosted from TL90 to TL107. Not 100% sure about it though.Checking...

--Stryfe

Nope it's still TL 90.

Maarten
10-06-04, 00:06
Ok, that saves me a trip to the Worm Tunnels... :)

StryfeX
10-06-04, 00:13
Ok, that saves me a trip to the Worm Tunnels... :)Mmm... defs are tasty. :p

--Stryfe

slaughteruall
10-06-04, 12:37
AAAIIEEEE! That looks horrid. :lol:

Basically, it's supposed to look like this (http://home.comcast.net/~cydog2001/Pictures/rple.jpg). Notice the spiffy looking toolbar above the "RPLE v6.20.200 by Stryfe". That's missing. Also it looks like it completely stipped off all of my code. Not to mention that it funked up the positioning of the triangles used to show/hide parts of the sheet.

Ugh.

--Stryfe

yeah but it's free man. I use micro$oft office 2k3 but i used to use open office. It gets the job done and it's free cant expect to much.

Slaughter

StryfeX
10-06-04, 15:39
yeah but it's free man. I use micro$oft office 2k3 but i used to use open office. It gets the job done and it's free cant expect to much.

SlaughterAgreed that it gets the job done. I've never reallu used it in depth, so I may just try and see if I can't get a OOo version of this sheet going.

--Stryfe

james_finn
10-06-04, 15:50
Stryfe, im impressed with the latest version, (I recatalogued my rares last nite becasue of it :rolleyes: ) But I want to suggest that there are a few different ways of displaying things, maybe make it so theres a drop down menu at the top, which will allow different layouts. So you could have one like the same as now, and one which will arrange according to wether you have the parts, one arranged according to how importnat the parts are, and one which shows what you are willing to trade.

Just an idea :D

Delphi

Maarten
11-06-04, 21:41
Did the stats of the Ultima's get modified? My memory tells me the normal ultima's give 18% to all except damage and the PSI ultima gives 16% to all.

StryfeX
11-06-04, 22:23
Did the stats of the Ultima's get modified? My memory tells me the normal ultima's give 18% to all except damage and the PSI ultima gives 16% to all.I am unsure. I know that my sheet shows it as it used to be, but I do not know if it has changed or not.

If anyone who reads this thread and has any Ultima mods, if you could check to see what each give, I'd appreciate it.

--Stryfe

Nuski
12-06-04, 01:44
I can be usefull for a change lol
Ok having got all the ultima's this is the correct information for them:

Psi Ultima: +14% to all stats.
Laserblade Ultima: Dam/freq + 18%
Pistol/Rifle/Heavy Ultima: Fre/Hand/Dam +16%

Pretty strange differences but hey im not gonna argue. Hope these are of use.

Nuski

StryfeX
12-06-04, 22:09
I can be usefull for a change lol
Ok having got all the ultima's this is the correct information for them:

Psi Ultima: +14% to all stats.
Laserblade Ultima: Dam/freq + 18%
Pistol/Rifle/Heavy Ultima: Fre/Hand/Dam +16%

Pretty strange differences but hey im not gonna argue. Hope these are of use.

NuskiSo the pistol/rifle/heavy ultimas now give bonuses to damage instead of range? Works for me.

--Stryfe

Nuski
12-06-04, 23:24
So the pistol/rifle/heavy ultimas now give bonuses to damage instead of range? Works for me.

--Stryfe

Bugger sorry Stryfe bit of a typo there lol sorry its not Damage its Range on pistol/rifle/heavy sorry m8 it was late lol

StryfeX
12-06-04, 23:43
Bugger sorry Stryfe bit of a typo there lol sorry its not Damage its Range on pistol/rifle/heavy sorry m8 it was late lolNo problem. At least I waited for confirmation before updating the RPLE. :p

--Stryfe

Androth
18-06-04, 06:25
No chance of getting a open office version going soon? I saw that you might look into it, just curious if any real effort was going into that or not :) I'd hate to haft to *cough**cough*buy*cough* MSXL just for this sheet lol...

zii
18-06-04, 06:31
No chance of getting a open office version going soon? I saw that you might look into it, just curious if any real effort was going into that or not :) I'd hate to haft to *cough**cough*buy*cough* MSXL just for this sheet lol...

www.Openoffice.org - runs on solaris just fine. We use it at work.

StryfeX
18-06-04, 21:46
No chance of getting a open office version going soon? I saw that you might look into it, just curious if any real effort was going into that or not :) I'd hate to haft to *cough**cough*buy*cough* MSXL just for this sheet lol...I'm having.... "issues" with their macro language. Quite frankly, it's confusing and annoying. I basically just need to sit down and learn the language. The major problem I'm having is that OOo BASIC doesn't have the "Range" variable type, which is what a lot of my code uses to deal with data in the sheets.

@zii: He is wanting to use OOo, but is waiting for a OOo compliant version if the RPLE to come out.

--Stryfe