PDA

View Full Version : Should spies use shelter?

awkward silence
09-06-04, 13:43
I think a str, shelter, stealth 3, slasher spy is a bit too much.

What do you think?

beforehand thx for all the flaming comin

Mumblyfish
09-06-04, 13:46
stealth 3
Duhn duhn DUHN DUHN DUHN DUUUUUHN!

As always, subtract that from the equation and it's perfectly balanced.

Aziraphale
09-06-04, 13:46
Yes. If they want to spec for it then they should be able to, it means drugging and taking points out of your combat/Tradeskill, so why not?
It's not like a sheltered spy is unkillable, they still have the worst defense in the game.
Edit: errpp, ignore APU's when reading the above statement :D

awkward silence
09-06-04, 13:47
I was thinking more on teh shelter thing

Garg [RogueNET]
09-06-04, 13:48
why shouldnt they? they have crap CON so they need some kind of defence

Mumblyfish
09-06-04, 13:48
I was thinking more on teh shelter thing
Sooo... up the requirements for shelter because one spy build can be totally nuts?

Nah.

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 13:49
']why shouldnt they? they have crap CON so they need some kind of defence

What about APU's then. They only have 5 more con lvls then a spy. Hybrids should be a viable class.

Slaughter

alig
09-06-04, 13:50

What do you think?

Nah spies are balanced....most spies drop like a sack of shit...last night a spy broke a record, he was the first spy to take more than 50hp of my hightech pe...infact, he got me down to 50hp lol but then i found out who his other spy is (Kid Brainiac) and he is beyond fucking good so apart from him (maybe a few elite other spies) they are balanced.

Edit/ he was using slasher as well....slasher pe's are bad news...my bro is one and he kicks arse.

Garg [RogueNET]
09-06-04, 13:52
What about APU's then. They only have 5 more con lvls then a spy. Hybrids should be a viable class.

Slaughter
its still 5 more lvls... and besides APUs are pure offensive so they dont got PPU spells....

LTA
09-06-04, 13:53
Nah spies are balanced....most spies drop like a sack of shit...last night a spy broke a record, he was the first spy to take more than 50hp of my hightech pe...infact, he got me down to 50hp lol but then i found out who his other spy is (Kid Brainiac) and he is beyond fucking good so apart from him (maybe a few elite other spies) they are balanced.

Edit/ he was using slasher as well....slasher pe's are bad news...my bro is one and he kicks arse.Why would i have said that name..... even if you didn't post it heh :D

Yeah slasher pes hurt and so do the feckin exe ones why can they get access to my spies guns!!1one
and for 1 on 1 yeah shelter is good but think big battles to, with 5 tanks on his case i doubt it would matter if he had a elephant shelter he'd still die horrid :D
That and the fact the y rely on the shelter, if that shelter drops it's game over for ze spy

awkward silence
09-06-04, 13:55
Yes. If they want to spec for it then they should be able to, it means drugging and taking points out of your combat/Tradeskill, so why not?
It's not like a sheltered spy is unkillable, they still have the worst defense in the game.

With a good setup they can get either equal resists or horribly close to the pe
That itself is ok but with a stealth 3 and far better weps than a pe IMO its not balanced.

Been tested with several ppl in and out nf, standing still situations and dueling.

naimex
09-06-04, 14:03
I have been NFing a few times with a friends spy.. itīs a very nice setup..

and the shelter actually makes a spy viable in close hand combat, against a PE.

awkward silence
09-06-04, 14:08

Edit/ he was using slasher as well....slasher pe's are bad news...my bro is one and he kicks arse.

After the removal of stealth slasher/exe pes are not so good.
If a pe needs to be the best he/she can be a moveon and ppr are teh win.
None of the best pes i know can use more than a judge without drugging twice.

BTW. I use 2 drugs on my pe to use judge cap runspeed and wear inq 3
So the fact that spies need to drug to be on their best applies to pes too.
Maybe one drug if i get a SA but then ill be slower.

awkward silence
09-06-04, 14:10

True but a spy can use stealth 3 with imbalances teh deal imo.
I would rather make it so that they would lose shelter.

LTA
09-06-04, 14:16
True but a spy can use stealth 3 with imbalances teh deal imo.
I would rather make it so that they would lose shelter.Removing Shelter.... you may aswell take pistols from them aswell

Rifles allow them to be at a reasonable distance but pistols you gotta be toe to toe (well had to be, think they upped the range a tad to much now) and whats the feckin point of being toe to toe if 1/2 bursts of something is gonna drop you?
Stealth shouldn't be a get out as your about to die tool, it should a reconnisence(sp?) type thing used to check out places or get the suprise attack or dodge undesirables who are gonna whup your ass (mobs and men :p ), not to whore and piss of one person as you just stealth at about 1/3 hp heal and come back and rinse repeat the whole thing

Liebestoter
09-06-04, 14:27
Hans has to drug to use Shelter.

Hans is capped.

Even with Shelter, he's pretty flimsy compared to your average tank (so-so resist setup.)

Don't take Shelter away from spies.

SorkZmok
09-06-04, 14:30
Theres absolutely no need for it. Shelter is the only thing that keeps me alive. If my shelter drops, im dead.
And have to use 3 drugs. Still a tank, PE or APU the same skill will kill me in a fair fight.
Spies are balanced. Stealth needs a rework, not spies.

And don't you come up with "But my PE uses drugs too!!!!", a drugged PE still is better than a drugged spy. (I think :lol: )

/edit
And don't forget there aren't that many pistol spies anyway. I'd be more worried about all those SH stealthwhores. :)

awkward silence
09-06-04, 14:45
Theres absolutely no need for it. Shelter is the only thing that keeps me alive. If my shelter drops, im dead.
And have to use 3 drugs. Still a tank, PE or APU the same skill will kill me in a fair fight.
Spies are balanced. Stealth needs a rework, not spies.

And don't you come up with "But my PE uses drugs too!!!!", a drugged PE still is better than a drugged spy. (I think :lol: )

/edit
And don't forget there aren't that many pistol spies anyway. I'd be more worried about all those SH stealthwhores. :)

That is all pretty true without stealth but with it its all gone wrong.
They can use the same tactic than pe "stealth whores" but even better.
I think stealth whoring is a ok tactic but not with shelter.

SynC_187
09-06-04, 14:49
I think spies are fine apart from stealth.

They can do nice damage, but drop fairly quickly. Stealth however is too easy.

People moaned about stealth on PE's because it allowed them to escape instead of being finished off.

Spies are even worse. Pistols spies stealth at half health, and rifle spies stealth if you get within half a zone of them.

If it was only a short stealth it wouldn't be a problem, but they have plenty of time to get away.

There are 2 ways to follow someone who is stealthed:

Use 1st person so you can see the blur better,

or

tag them with damage boost.

The length of their stealth and the speed they can re-stealth means that the DB will soon wear off and your left trying to follow a blur.

Most times you will lose them, unless they follow a very obvious pattern. A few minutes later they are back, healed up and ready to go again.

The best way to balance stealth would be to almost make it like a spell, give it a "cast time". Maybe even give it stats like a weapon, so the effectiveness depends on the quality of the tool and skills of the person.

Probably asking from flames from a lot of spies here, but ask yourself, how often have you died recently when it wasn't your fault for leaving stealthing too late?

SorkZmok
09-06-04, 14:50
That is all pretty true without stealth but with it its all gone wrong.
They can use the same tactic than pe "stealth whores" but even better.
I think stealth whoring is a ok tactic but not with shelter.And what would not having a shelter change then? I stealth, run up to your back and hit you several times before you can even react. And before you got your gun out and pointing at me, i'm gone again.
Its the stealth thats the problem. Not the shelter. Its not like the shelter makes em invulnerable.

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 14:53
And what would not having a shelter change then? I stealth, run up to your back and hit you several times before you can even react. And before you got your gun out and pointing at me, i'm gone again.
Its the stealth thats the problem. Not the shelter. Its not like the shelter makes em invulnerable.

Lower the dmg on a slasher and on a exec. Leave them shelter. Everything will be fine.

Slaughter

ezza
09-06-04, 16:07
i have np with them having shelter, i mean they have to drug for it anyway, drugging coupled with stealthing gives nasty flash, let em do it

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 16:25

What do you think?

if u remove stealth from spies close combat pvp spies will be extinct, fact. i can actually take 2-3 more cs bursts when i have shelter on then when i dont, and about 1 more burst from a dev. without it i die to easily.

Dribble Joy
09-06-04, 16:32
I wish they would make spies less like PEs.

What I would like to see is some of the weapons made tl125+ with one of them 130dex (easily obtainable with spy pa and dex imps), make them gimp like PEs, but give these weapons high dmg.
In effect make them the 'dex-apus' that they are meant to be.

Original monk
09-06-04, 16:45

Slaughter

amen, this guys right here !

rogo
09-06-04, 16:55
I think leave spys shelter

But give APU's the tl3 heal, Its so fucking annoying to have to wait forever to heal. Or atleast give the APU's a special PSI MED KIT that heals a tad faster then the regular one

I dont mind dying easy, its the drop off from my offense, but waiting sucks, no one likes to do that.

Promethius
09-06-04, 17:06

I disagree. A sheltered spy(self buffed from drugs. Not sure if thats possible anymore) with the correct setup can have a better defense than a tank (disregarding poison). Though a tank will have a better rounded defense against all types of dmg, a spy can take less dmg from xray/energy/fire than a non-sheltered tank would.

-Prom

ezza
09-06-04, 17:09
I disagree. A sheltered spy(self buffed from drugs. Not sure if thats possible anymore)

-Prom
even easier now with the 10 min drug

Sigma
09-06-04, 17:16

What do you think?

u got owned by a spy, right?

beforehand np :p

Bred
09-06-04, 17:17
As it has been previously stated, they have to drug and do queer things, a good con setup = better than shelter.

Bred

Edit : Also, when my pistol spy is complete i'll be able to beat any of you, so whoever it was that said spy's have worst def in game, hit me up on saturn in a week and a half. My chars name will be Mr. Bred and my main is Bred.

n3m
09-06-04, 17:19
And don't forget there aren't that many pistol spies anyway. I'd be more worried about all those SH stealthwhores. :)O_o
90% is pistol spy now, the other 10% are rifles spies using a SH

sn8
09-06-04, 17:23
[QUOTE=Dribble Joy]I wish they would make spies less like PEs.

U got that the wrong way around, it goes like this -

I wish they would make PEs less like spies.

Xylaz
09-06-04, 17:23
oh yeah, that's the perfect idea... :wtf: It just strucked me - spies are obviously overpowered with shelter! Bah, even without shelter they are overpowered! They can use uber weapons and can do uber damage, and their resists are uber too. NERF EM!

I say, cut down their con by another 20 points, or even more, as they are obviously so overpowered, make it 10 points in CON, and 10 points in Psi, so they have no chance of using anything except basic tl3 heal... And nerf their speed too, they are too fast

And - since i'm on the right topic as it seems - nerf hybrids and ppu too, and apus as well as they are all monks so they are all OVERPOWERED, and nerf PEs too because they have, uhm... to high resists, right, nerf the PE resists. And HC tanks as well, they are owning me too often, gimp them somehow, err... lower the heavy weapons damage, yup yup...

But dont u dare touch my melee tank!

:rolleyes:

Spiro
09-06-04, 17:27
Get pwnd by a Spy with Shelter?

Why should it be removed? Youve never played a Spy before, bet?

SorkZmok
09-06-04, 17:48
I disagree. A sheltered spy(self buffed from drugs. Not sure if thats possible anymore) with the correct setup can have a better defense than a tank (disregarding poison). Though a tank will have a better rounded defense against all types of dmg, a spy can take less dmg from xray/energy/fire than a non-sheltered tank would.

-Prom
The tank also got way more health. And will still beat the spy most of the time if they are of equal skill. Did i mention that the spy has to take at least 3 drugs while the tank doesnt need any?
Sounds fair to me.

Original monk
09-06-04, 17:51
O_o
90% is pistol spy now, the other 10% are rifles spies using a SH

its 90% pistolspy 9% riflespy using Sh and then ya have that 1% thats my spy :P

he uses dis, FL, HL, PE and occasionally a SH fo fun :)

altough i didnt really test the new disruptor yet :/

FL all the way tough :P

edit: btw i never use shelter on my spy, im no PE ya see :)

VetteroX
09-06-04, 18:09
yes, take shelter away from spies or weaken slasher and exe. My spy uses only the psi drug for shelter, has over 100 fire/xray/enrgy, over 400 health, can stealth, and use extremely powerful weapons... it makes the PE totaly pointless. Spies have gotten a bit too powerful, a WELL BUILT (noy you usual crap spy, key words are: WELL BUILT) spy with an executioner or slasher and a ppu is a better combo then a ppu and any other class. he has as much fire power as an apu or tank, and if hes losing, he can just stealth with holy heal on him, and try till he wins. too powerful alone, or in a team.

Bl@zed
09-06-04, 18:18
spies should be able to use shelter, cause without it they are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucking weak its not even funny. If shelter were to be taken away they need to be given some kick ass spy armor, like the monks have their holy spirit armor, and have their defence raised a good 30-40% to make them viable when fighting any other class. Cause my rifle spy (who is near capped and doesn;t use shelter atm) but uses inq1 and has a good con setup, still dies in abotu 3 bursts of cs....

@vet: man, thats way debatable, i've been with element when i was ppu'ing or he ppu'ing and we can waste a well built pistol spy in a hot second, if i'm on a tank or apu...and same way with him.

XaNToR
09-06-04, 18:22
due to having the best defence, stealth, should shelter be removed just to make spies addicted to PPU as well..... :wtf:

na shelter should be kept by Spies

Death to PPUs...

Inchenzo
09-06-04, 18:22
its 90% pistolspy 9% riflespy using Sh and then ya have that 1% thats my spy :P

he uses dis, FL, HL, PE and occasionally a SH fo fun :)

altough i didnt really test the new disruptor yet :/

FL all the way tough :P

edit: btw i never use shelter on my spy, im no PE ya see :)

actually it's more like 1.5% instead of 1% cos my spy does what original's spy does, i'd never go using some weird pistol on my spy,..

SH for some fun, dis for hunting RoG for fun, err PE for gathering dust.

FL all the way ! :D

Bl@zed
09-06-04, 18:24
actually it's more like 1.5% instead of 1% cos my spy does what original's spy does, i'd never go using some weird pistol on my spy,..

SH for some fun, dis for hunting RoG for fun, err PE for gathering dust.

FL all the way ! :D

yeah FL is way awsome, KK just needs to despretley fix the accurasy on that weapon, its way inaccurate for a rifle :wtf:

LTA
09-06-04, 18:27
yeah FL is way awsome, KK just needs to despretley fix the accurasy on that weapon, its way inaccurate for a rifle :wtf:ye olde legendary plasma burst %

it's the same for most plasma weps, cs rarely lands all 4 blobs, judge will miss 1 in 2 blobs a fair few times.
Summink to do with balance but i think the re balanced everything else and left the plasma with it's shitty miss % crap :/

Always said First Love sucks accuracy wise and should be accurate like short>med ranges long range yeah maybe it should suck at long but not at short/med range

Bl@zed
09-06-04, 18:29
ye olde legendary plasma burst %

it's the same for most plasma weps, cs rarely lands all 4 blobs, judge will miss 1 in 2 blobs a fair few times.
Summink to do with balance but i think the re balanced everything else and left the plasma with it's shitty miss % crap :/

yeah i know, judge tho for me is very accurate comepared to cs and fl, though fl being a rifle, which are supposed to have an advantage over anything else in terms of accuracy goes...cs had the dmg, judge the handling....kk just needs to fix the accuracy to give it some advantage over the other weps....i mean...rifles doesn;t have a aoe cause they are meant to be good at range AND have very good and precise accuracy right?

Lucid Dream
09-06-04, 18:31
I cant even fucking believe that this is being discussed.

PEs get shelter naturally, and if they drug, they can use the highest level (or close to it) high tech pistols damn well, so, why not give the same ability to drug for a benefit to spys?! Christ, this game turns into "Oh shit a spy killed me, that shouldnt happen, obviously they are too powerful remove.... oh.. lets say... THIS"

Bl@zed
09-06-04, 18:34
I cant even fucking believe that this is being discussed.

PEs get shelter naturally, and if they drug, they can use the highest level (or close to it) high tech pistols damn well, so, why not give the same ability to drug for a benefit to spys?! Christ, this game turns into "Oh shit a spy killed me, that shouldnt happen, obviously they are too powerful remove.... oh.. lets say... THIS"

couldn't of said it better myself...

/close thread. ;)

tomparadox
09-06-04, 18:36
why shouldnt they? they have crap CON so they need some kind of defence
i agree 100%...

Slaughter
wtf? dont bring apus into this... apus dont half to aim, spys do, apus have amazingly high abounts of dmg, there RoF is fast, and that little aimer only has to be on them target for like .5 seconds and it still hits them.

spys on the other hand, half to aim, do good ammount of dmg, have shit defenses, run slow, most of them dont have a lot of STA but its not realy needed unless your rifle...

i think they deserv a shelter, without haveing to drug IMO.

Garg [RogueNET]
09-06-04, 18:45
the drug that allow Spys to use Shelter costs 11k(afaik)... using shelter will ruin u but give u better defence in 10min.. can it get more gimped? no i didnt think so.. end of discussion

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 20:18
How will using shelter ruin you?

SorkZmok
09-06-04, 20:23
How will using shelter ruin you?Because the drug you need is 11k now.

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 20:26
Because the drug you need is 11k now.

8|

Can you clone it? How much do beast and redflash cost?

SorkZmok
09-06-04, 20:31
8|

Can you clone it? How much do beast and redflash cost?
Beast and RF are 11k now too, the +4 drugs are 6k now iirc.
And yes, you can clone them but as you need tons of good junk and the droprate for that is pretty crap atm, its gonna be a hard time for many ppl...

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 20:32

GAH, that's so expensive. :(

My APU lived on redflash for speed. :(

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 20:48
wtf? dont bring apus into this... apus dont half to aim, spys do, apus have amazingly high abounts of dmg, there RoF is fast, and that little aimer only has to be on them target for like .5 seconds and it still hits them.

spys on the other hand, half to aim, do good ammount of dmg, have shit defenses, run slow, most of them dont have a lot of STA but its not realy needed unless your rifle...

Do i even need to bring up slasher or exec. High damage and high RoF. Way to high dmg everyone should agree with that one.

There are cheaper ways to get the drugs boys and girls. That was pre-patch will have to check post-patch. If it's still cheap for me to do it. You can buy them from me for a discount about a quarter of the price. But need to check when i get home from work.

Slaughter

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 21:46

hehe unless he gets shot with a spirit SH :p

but this thread is 100% wrong, spies are good, leave em alone FFS, God forbid a SPY kill's you! :eek:

alig
09-06-04, 21:48
And yes, you can clone them but as you need tons of good junk and the droprate for that is pretty crap atm, its gonna be a hard time for many ppl...

Unless of course, you come to me for drugs :angel: I sell them for 5k each (beast etc) ive got like 150 of each now and i didnt buy them pre-patch :p

tomparadox
09-06-04, 22:23
Do i even need to bring up slasher or exec. High damage and high RoF. Way to high dmg everyone should agree with that one.

There are cheaper ways to get the drugs boys and girls. That was pre-patch will have to check post-patch. If it's still cheap for me to do it. You can buy them from me for a discount about a quarter of the price. But need to check when i get home from work.

Slaughter _____________
yea, slasher dose a bit to much dmg, so dose EXE, but apus do hm about average ( because there rand dmg ) my apu dose about 130 + dmg to a tank the lest if done is about 60, EXE dose about 50 dmg a hit to the same tank... slasher needs a fucking nerf because its like a fucking lib on staroids...

Androth
09-06-04, 23:01
There are a few spys who do this, though at this point its fairly expensive to do. Most while hunting will avoid using shelter/drug combo. The resist bonus you get is indeed good, however not quite up to par with PE's imho. :wtf: Not only that but in order to pull this combo off, have decent resists and still cap a hardcore gun, that amount of balance is hard to do. Most will have a weakness of some kind, if they want any truly hardcore resists to anything, one of those said resists is going to suffer 8|. Besides even with the good resists, spys are lacking in hitpoints. More drugs can correct this but lets face it, that level of drugging is really only viable in NF situations. Forget it in a decent OP fight imho. Juss my 2 cents.... :rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
10-06-04, 01:05
@ Shadow- do you even play NC any more?

@ the thread itself- This community gets worse, the threads i see being made day in day out, are not only bias towards one players inability to combat a player class, but also the community more and more is actually failing to realise just the simplest of setups which have been around for years.

Spys have been able to use shelter for years, you havnt moaned about it before

Spys have been able to use stealth for years, you only moan about it now that your PE cant use it

Droners have been powerfull for a good 4 months, and were always potentially lethal, but you never realised.

Melee was always good on non buffed players, but there were so few melee tanks no one realised

PE's were always spys with better con setup, yet people chose to catogerise them as a single class.

Im sorry, but this community gets fucking worse, not only does the population not go up, but the existing players get fucking dumber by the minute.

Close threads like this, there just un-educated dribble

Smok3d
10-06-04, 01:20

What do you think?

yea good idea lets take the weakest class in the game and nerf the shit out of it

Dribble Joy
10-06-04, 01:29
un-educated dribble

:(

Slasher and exec are too low in tl, both for spies and PEs.
Too powerfull for PEs to be even using, and too low in tl for spies, high defence spies use them too easily.

Heavyporker
10-06-04, 01:42
STFU about drugs and their cost.

The good ones are illegal. hence comes the higher price because the supply's squeezed.

You wanna some a little cheaper than the street guy? Go hunt and get some junks. What? C.B.A? Make friends with a cster, get some wep10s. What? C.B.A? Well, fuck ya.

And I agree with clown, this is fucking ridiculous. The whole thing been around for months with so little comment it was fooking stealthed (nerf the forums!)

Leave shelter as it is. Leave the drugs alone. Leave... the good things.. alone.

Now go back under your bridges.

Promethius
11-06-04, 23:15
The tank also got way more health. And will still beat the spy most of the time if they are of equal skill. Did i mention that the spy has to take at least 3 drugs while the tank doesnt need any?
Sounds fair to me.

Why 3 drugs? My combat spy use to just use destrol forte for teh shelter and thats it. Also the spy with psi use can heal much more efficient than a tank.

SorkZmok
11-06-04, 23:30
Why 3 drugs? My combat spy use to just use destrol forte for teh shelter and thats it. Also the spy with psi use can heal much more efficient than a tank.Because with 3 drugs i can get extreme runspeed, 190+ p-c, take shitloads of dmg, have high health and i can use all pistols there are.

Fair trade :)

Oath
11-06-04, 23:35
Should spies use shelter?

To put it crudely.

FUCKING YES SHELTER IS THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES SPYS VIABLE IN CLOSE WOMBAT, yes wombat not combat.

SorkZmok
11-06-04, 23:41
To put it crudely.

FUCKING YES SHELTER IS THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES SPYS VIABLE IN CLOSE WOMBAT, yes wombat not combat.
SEX

Bleh, post needs more text. :lol:

Androth
11-06-04, 23:42
And really how viable? :wtf: Lets get real, most spys even on the drugs still go down, spys resists/hitpoints can only get so good... :rolleyes:

Oath
11-06-04, 23:49
And really how viable? :wtf: Lets get real, most spys even on the drugs still go down, spys resists/hitpoints can only get so good... :rolleyes:

You've never fought k4f or SorkZmok have you.

SorkZmok
11-06-04, 23:50
How bout "I killed most ppl on my server in NF."

/edit
ehehe i love you oath. somehow... ;)

Oath
11-06-04, 23:51
How bout "I killed most ppl on my server in NF."

*Grumbles* Bastard *Grumbles*

Androth
11-06-04, 23:55
Don't get me wrong, they are alright, I'm talking about as compared with similarly drugged out tanks/pe's... Any advantage gained by the drug use is probably lost in that case I would imagine. It really all comes down to who can take the most damage after they cap their resists. I would think a tank would own in that category, but I could be wrong... :D

SorkZmok
11-06-04, 23:56
*Grumbles* Bastard *Grumbles*
<3
Imagine Brainiac with 2 Disruptors. And more health. And slightly better resists. Thats what i am now. :)

Actually i'm close to saying pistol spies are overpowered. O_o

SorkZmok
11-06-04, 23:59
Don't get me wrong, they are alright, I'm talking about as compared with similarly drugged out tanks/pe's... Any advantage gained by the drug use is probably lost in that case I would imagine. It really all comes down to who can take the most damage after they cap their resists. I would think a tank would own in that category, but I could be wrong... :D
Drugged PEs using high end guns are hard. And APUs because of their evil point-and-click dmg output. Tanks are easy. Well melee tanks arent but still you can beat them. Its all about tactics. ;)

/edit
eeeew doublepost, i'm sorry.

jernau
12-06-04, 00:00
Ooh look another "I got pwned, nerf him" thread. :rolleyes:

It must be at least an hour since the last one dropped off the top of page one.

Shadow Dancer
12-06-04, 01:40
Androth, drugged up spies can be extremely deadly. High hitpoints, high resists, and insane damage with their pistolas.

Androth
12-06-04, 02:03
Androth, drugged up spies can be extremely deadly. High hitpoints, high resists, and insane damage with their pistolas.

I agree they can be, this is not in dispute. I guess what I'm trying to say is its a lot tougher for spys to get that hard (drugs, imp balancing, stat balancing ) then other some other classes. If spys can get hard resists it should be easier for PE's to do so based on the fact they don't have to drug to use shelter, have more con points in general, so on and so forth. Mostly as it relates to this nerf thread request ( which imho is complete bunk ). I'm attempting to point out that such spys are few as compared to PE's set up similarly.

Xylaz
12-06-04, 02:13
Jesus, you're all still "discussing" this? O_o

yeah nerf spies

and PEs

and tanks

and monks

at least tradeskillers are balanced...

LiL T
12-06-04, 02:17
Spys got shit con humm? :rolleyes:

If you care to look at the attachment you will see spys can get decent con with a little experimentation this setup was done in about 5 mins I could probbly get it alot better with some time.

landofcake
12-06-04, 02:17
Should spies use shelter?

Of course they should.

You're already gimping yourself quite badly by taking the drugs needed to use Shelter , and the fact that they cost 11k now (i think) makes it even worse. Being a spy is damn hard ... some of you may have remembered my rifle spy on Pluto (called Cosmo) ... man that was hard ... i found it incredibly hard to kill people and i actually had a fairly decent setup. However i still find spies one of the most fun classes to play.

Dont take shelter away from spies. Foolish idea.

jernau
12-06-04, 02:44
Spys got shit con humm? :rolleyes:

If you care to look at the attachment you will see spys can get decent con with a little experimentation this setup was done in about 5 mins I could probbly get it alot better with some time.
That's at least a 2-drug setup and needs one drug to use most of it's armour.

Even if you get enough warning to pop the drugs and buff up anyone with half a clue will spot that you are a PE wannabe in approximately one second and switch to poison anyway.

LiL T
12-06-04, 02:50
humm still its decent no posion but can stealth which puts us back to sqaure one stealth whores why oh why did they remove pe's stealth if spys can do it and have just as good resists as a pe. Maybe a little less body health on a spy slightly lower resists but not by much that spy setup I made could go a long way with a little tweaking.

edit:

Infact you could lom athletics down to 75 of something and put the points into posion if you really needed the pos resist heh even use a filter 1 heart

uber :)

Darken
12-06-04, 07:36
ONoz i knowed it,
Now its spy nerf Time, Shelter will be Monk only and Stealth GM only :O.
FFS ppl get serious stop this nerfing shit

jernau
12-06-04, 14:10
humm still its decent no posion but can stealth which puts us back to sqaure one stealth whores why oh why did they remove pe's stealth if spys can do it and have just as good resists as a pe. Maybe a little less body health on a spy slightly lower resists but not by much that spy setup I made could go a long way with a little tweaking.

edit:

Infact you could lom athletics down to 75 of something and put the points into posion if you really needed the pos resist heh even use a filter 1 heart

uber :)
Spy resists cannot be made as good as a PEs. You will always be weak to poison, have lower health and runspeed. To do all this you have to be drugged to the gills. If you want a PE roll a PE.

ezza
12-06-04, 15:06
lmao this is still going on, sure this was going on before i got banned lol

really how many spies have you come accross that really know what they are doing.

only 2 spies in recent times have given me trouble, and if my aim had been better i proberbly would of taken them.

sorry but spies having shelter is not a problem.

just cos one thing is nerfed dont start a landslide and try getting something else nerfed

more so when it dont need nerfing

i wouldnt be suprised if my tank could use shelter now what next nerf the many drug taking shelter tank :lol:

please lay of shit that dont need nerfing.

this aint coming from someone who uses a shelter spy since mines a constructer now.

im a tank/hybrid monkey, and i say leave the spies alone.

if i had a complaint it would be the damage output of slasher, exe but there not overly concerning for me right now so i aint making threads asking for stuff to be nerfed.

if i made a thread everytime someone killed me i proberbly would have double the post count i have :lol: