PDA

View Full Version : copbot rifle

manderf
09-06-04, 06:08
i dont want to look through the patch notes and qoute, but didnt 198 and 199 patch notes say that the copbot rifle lag has been ruduced? Being in mc5 i didnt notice it beeing to bad. Maybe they could put it on the test server and see how the lag on it checks out. I mean a little lag is ok considering that the flamers lag alot. Maybe they could have the copbot rifle drop from the storm bots outside the gate? Like every 10 or so you kill it drops a random one

Freeejumper
09-06-04, 06:33
co(b)pot rifles were never made for players ... end of disscussion :)

amfest
09-06-04, 06:39
I don't think players should be able to use them .. .but having 1 dropping every few million kills wouldn't be a bad thing to have .. in fact make it where it's broken and you have to take it to an npc they look at it .. then you run a quest for parts and they modify it to a version of the weapon that is somewhat different then you finally get a high level repairer to look at it and fix certain parts and presto .. new rare gun.

manderf
09-06-04, 06:43
exactly amfest, whats so wrong about adding new weapons to keep teh gameplay fun? I thought the only reason they removed them was because they lagged the shit outta people and that they got hacked. Were'nt they like a faction or event reward?? correct me if im wrong

-=Bl@de=-
09-06-04, 06:44
Weird how they get rid of the CB rifle yet has the same effect as any apu beam :wtf:
If the issue was lag what about the dev? I get no fps when someone attacks me with it

Bring it back :D

Fez
09-06-04, 07:59
mc5 doesnt use copbot rifles......only copbots use em

greploco
09-06-04, 08:10
I was told they are banned because they are a rifle that doesn't much require line of site (like an apu psi spell) and they pretty much have infinite range (sort of like a sniper rifle) combined with the fact that hey hit almost instantly combined with the fact that there is no "tracer" which shows the shooters location

like, no wonder copbots are murder

it would be a very fun sniper wepon for a creative spy, not all that effective as the damage isn't high, but cool.

Omnituens
09-06-04, 08:32
they fixed a problem with the sound buffer or something, which included the copbot rifle sound. The fix wasn't JUST for the copbot rifle sound.

Original monk
09-06-04, 10:30
make it legal again to use a copbotrifle :)

its the most beautifull weapon ingame and i would like to see people running around with it :)

(+ chiks dig copbotplasmarifles)

:P

Lucid Dream
09-06-04, 10:35
Yeah, uh, i dont see why it was removed. If it was bad because spies had no LOS? APUS DONT HAVE LOS
If it was because it caused lag? DEVS CAUSE LAG
i really really dont get it.... especially since they were given out as part of an event originally...

LTA
09-06-04, 10:43
heh riflers with monk attack :S

It is a nice weapon but if you are gonna use one you should become insta kos to ca.

I think you should be able to play as ncpd anyway, get some copbot armour, storm armour and a rifler and serve ca :D

Sorin
09-06-04, 10:46

It is a nice weapon but if you are gonna use one you should become insta kos to ca.

I think you should be able to play as ncpd anyway, get some copbot armour, storm armour and a rifler and serve ca :D

Now there's an idea :p Or give spies a holovest that makes them look exactly like a storm bot or copbot, and give them the copbot rifle. If they are far enough to not show up on local and they are firing at someone, it just might serve to protect the spy by scaring the people away :D

naimex
09-06-04, 10:46
I was told they are banned because they are a rifle that doesn't much require line of site (like an apu psi spell).

in the beginning, they we´re just plasma rifles..

then people started abusing it, by getting bad sl, and hiding behind people in plaza 1.. getting innocent bystanders killed.

so KK, made it into a beam rifle.. (using a plasma apu beam or something) that hit the person.. no matter if he hid behind some innocent person..

this effect went down to the player held copbot rifles too..

and then they we´re not only overpowered, did not require LOF but only LOS.

and then people claimed they caused lags..

and then they got disallowed by KK, to be in player hands. but they are still on copbots.. and last I was in mc5 (a while ago now) they used copbot rifles too.

which really makes no sense, if they caused so much lag as people said.

MisterP
09-06-04, 10:50
Weird how they get rid of the CB rifle yet has the same effect as any apu beam :wtf:
If the issue was lag what about the dev? I get no fps when someone attacks me with it

Bring it back :D

What kinda PC spec do u have?

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 10:59
in the beginning, they we´re just plasma rifles..

then people started abusing it, by getting bad sl, and hiding behind people in plaza 1.. getting innocent bystanders killed.

so KK, made it into a beam rifle.. (using a plasma apu beam or something) that hit the person.. no matter if he hid behind some innocent person..

hahaha That was me doing that back in beta, I loved doing that. people would wonder why they died for no reason in plaza :lol:

afaik I was the first to do this :eek:

Omnituens
09-06-04, 12:16
They've stopped players from using the rifle by making the player ones bugged so they dont always fire, plus the ammo is TL255 and weighs 50 PER CLIP

Jeros82
09-06-04, 12:32

Nice for the CA Epic...

Here ya go runner. Here is a NCPD PowerArmor and your CopBot Rifle. Now go and protect the city from DoY Units.

MkVenner
09-06-04, 12:44
making CopBot rifles available to weveryone would be the only thing that'd make me lom my low tech PE to high tech, NCPD PA and a CopBot rifle....if only :p

although Epic or another way thats hard to get em...dont want everyone having them....mebbe CA onbly :p

LTA
09-06-04, 12:50
making CopBot rifles available to weveryone would be the only thing that'd make me lom my low tech PE to high tech, NCPD PA and a CopBot rifle....if only :p

although Epic or another way thats hard to get em...dont want everyone having them....mebbe CA onbly :p
Ca only but the ones in other hands should be highly illegal, give massive rewards for their return to ca and the owner killed :p

The quest should be tied with some NCPD initiation type epic, where you have to do some many things designed to last over so many days (use the time limit to enforce not the length you think it takes to run the wastelands)

-=BlackBeard=-
09-06-04, 14:34
teh copbot rifle lags jooo

Scikar
09-06-04, 16:55
The effect is actually the exact same as a particle beam drone, but green and starting in the sky.

The rifle itself does less damage than an EPR. It was never overpowered, just had the same LoS issues as APUs, and as mentioned, caused lag on some machines. PB drones can still cause lag in the same way, along with pretty much all beam spell effects. And the lag was definitely noticable in MC5 (the guards there do use CopBot rifles).

Bred
09-06-04, 17:25
Here's my question about the cop bot rifles. They are telling us they are illegal. But also they are asking that players with cop bot rifles turn them in to a GM so it can be destroyed, why can't they just change the cop bot rifles into unusable candy like they did for the strange books however many times. maybe it would fuck the copbots weapons? couldn't they just change the ID to the weapons the NPCs carry then bam get rid of ours? one of my pluto chars had 3 i can't remember which one and which account though.

Bred

LTA
09-06-04, 17:39
why can't they just change the cop bot rifles into unusable candy like they did for the strange books however many times. maybe it would fuck the copbots weapons? couldn't they just change the ID to the weapons the NPCs carry then bam get rid of ours?
Bred
Don' tthink they can make the npc ones stay when they turn ours into candy, bet they just use the name "CBOTRIFLE.xxx" or sain and it's like one for all :D

CyTeCH
09-06-04, 17:44
as far as i can remember there was an offcial statement a while back which said any runner caught with a copot plasma rifle would have it taken from them and they would be banned! it is a gm weapon end of discussion

Omnituens
09-06-04, 17:47
i dont think they are illegal to have, but if you use it then you are in deep deep doodoo.

n3m
09-06-04, 17:48
copbots will start throwing milky rens

nc is doomed

Original monk
09-06-04, 18:14
it is a gm weapon end of discussion

end of discussion ? if there arent people proposing some new things, or asking for old things back then nothing changes in this game...

im 100% pro a re-integration of this sexy rifle :)

+ all the secrets and contradictions surrounding this rifle only make it more intresting ... yust let it be legal again, its not like you gonna have people whining on the forum that they got owned by a copbotrifle, it does about 200 times less damage then a first love :)

for roleplaypurpopses its an ideal weapon tough

+ like said before: make a copbotsuitlook-a-like holovest, or one of the blue copbotlike armours, we have acces to a CAsuit allready :)

LEGALIZE IT !

Omnituens
09-06-04, 18:17
make a copbotsuitlook-a-like holovest :)
this gets the
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daniel_rogers1/forum/sexaroonie.gif

love it.

MkVenner
09-06-04, 18:39
oh but then my PE wont get to be teh l4w, hehe :p

manderf
09-06-04, 19:05
ya having a better epic reward would make more people want to be them!! and more pro city clans. Maybe someone could do the epic then switch factions, and then the copbot rifle could become "illegal" and whether or not your allied to CA you can get killed and they will gain sl for it. They can also trun the rogue ones in and get a prize or something.

n3m
09-06-04, 19:06
hmm epic sounds good

MkVenner
09-06-04, 19:21
yeah its not like its some uber gun, like some one said its not as powerful damage wise as the EPR, NCPD PA and a CBR, nice combination...as it is NCPD PA isnt that great, itd not as worthwhile getting as a PPR or a Speedy

Scikar
09-06-04, 20:40
Bleh I'd rather have the whole lot turned into EPRs. Then you can look like a CopBot by using a FL or EPR, or even a TL70 PR if you're a lowbie. And as a bonus, there's no problems with laggy effects with MC5, CopBots, StormBots, etc. Perhaps make the CBR fire blue plasma to make it unique, but it's about time we got rid of the plasma from the sky.

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 21:40
Nice for the CA Epic...

Here ya go runner. Here is a NCPD PowerArmor and your CopBot Rifle. Now go and protect the city from DoY Units.

That's what it should be, nobody is CA for a reason, the faction pretty much sucks and cant go anywhere good without a big fight, and the epic item sucks really sucks. If they re skinned the ncpd armor and gave you a copbot rifle ( same damage as EPR or maybe TSU assault rifle ) that would be great and I would make a CA character and maybe even a clan :D

MkVenner
09-06-04, 21:47
the armours not shit, its the best armour you can wear at Str 40-45 imo, and i use it in my MC PE's finished setup. But it does look crap, and in relation to the MOVEON and PPR it isnt that up to scratch, a CBR as they are now tho without the uber range and reskinned NCPD PA would rock.

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 21:50
yeah they are great for 40 str requirement. I never said it sucked in that aspect. but it should look a LOT better. Cause as it stands now it is the only epic item that nobody really cares about. The CA only requirement is fine and would go nicely with a copbot rifle epic item. I swear CA gets NO love. :(

ichinin
09-06-04, 23:28
hahaha That was me doing that back in beta, I loved doing that. people would wonder why they died for no reason in plaza :lol:

afaik I was the first to do this :eek:

I did something similar but it just scared the other player; i drove up a SR-1 drone next to him/her made the copbot see it ("Drop that weapon") followed by a ** B O O M ** right next to them == alot of giggling when they tried to figure out what the hell just happened :)

SypH
09-06-04, 23:34
An epic plasma rifle (tl75 or so like the TT and CM epic weapons) along with the NCPD armour would be excellent.

-FN-
10-06-04, 00:16
Why not add a 30 APU req to the Copbot rifle :p That would account for the type of fire it has.