PDA

View Full Version : starter HC weapon

amfest
09-06-04, 01:29
well I was looking through the tank start weapons besides there being pistols and rifles :rolleyes: they have the typical melee knife or electroshocker . . .but the only HC they had was a self constructed trashcan grenade. well poof . .one blast and it's gone. Let's consider you start in mc5 as a new character and know nothing of the game. With one use you've just lose your character's combat style and have to resort to melee. I know 2 levels was it? . .and you can get the nade launcher and AOE is nice but not friendly . .. still why should you have to level with melee to even reach your character's actual combat skill use. Rifle users can start with a lazar rifle .. same for pistols right? . .even a droner starts with a drone ( okay there is another issue with that :p but that's another thread)

Anyhow what i'm suggesting is a junk flamethrower (direct dmg) weapon that a tank can use straight from the start. You can call it a beggers Spraycan or whatever. Add in ammo for it in n00b mc5 and starter HC tanks can have something to use on start up without using melee. In fact I think the start rifle, and pistols shoudl be changed to a flamethrower or melee

TheGreatMilenko
09-06-04, 02:00
:D H311 yes :D

Shujin
09-06-04, 02:06
yep i noticed that too. i hate the limited choice of weapons to start with. because they are all bad...

btw incase you wanted to see i share in this matter : http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=100668 ;] an idea i had

amfest
09-06-04, 02:13
yep i noticed that too. i hate the limited choice of weapons to start with. because they are all bad...

btw incase you wanted to see i share in this matter : http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=100668 ;] an idea i had
I don't think they are all bad. They are starter equipment it's just a few kinks to work out. As for you idea on the energy starter weapon .. i dont' really agree with that .. high tech should just come later as you level up. from start you should only have low tech avalible.

but either way this is a thread about a starter flame thrower for the HC tank ;)

Shujin
09-06-04, 02:18
I don't think they are all bad. They are starter equipment it's just a few kinks to work out. As for you idea on the energy starter weapon .. i dont' really agree with that .. high tech should just come later as you level up. from start you should only have low tech avalible.

but either way this is a thread about a starter flame thrower for the HC tank ;)
Why should a tank start with a flamer if a spy or pe could not start with plasma?

If they do add a HC thing, and if you do think spy or pe should not start with high tech, then I think it should be rocket, grenade, or mini-gatlin(mini because its noob ;]).

But i think they should be able to start with high tech because high tech looks soo much ebtter than all the other weapons. It would be eye candy for new players to get them to continue into the game. It would be morely for looks than for power as you should be a bit gimped due to the loss of P-C / R-C.

amfest
09-06-04, 02:26
errr last time i checked the Self-Constructed Spraycan Flamer was a low tech weapon . . . is that answer enough? It's not high tech plasma or lasers shooting out .. it's fire. Sit down rub two sticks together .. fire. ;) but it's a spraycan flamer .. not a full blown out flamethrower like the high tech versions which is my only explination cause that's how it is isnt' it? Unless i'm looking up wrong weapon charts :p

Agent L
09-06-04, 11:44
Flamers and gatlings are low-tech.
I know it for sure, my spy is lowtech H-C : D

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-04, 11:57
Yea go for it.. i think its good.. noticed also there aint no "noob" hc weapons.. tho never realy played a hc tank only a few mc so never bortherd to make a note ;)

SilentEye
09-06-04, 12:08
I love this thread and the idea's, 5 stars everyone.

J. Folsom
09-06-04, 12:09
I was toying with the idea of posting an idea for a low-level gatling cannon, but now I see this, I personally have to agree that a low-level flamer would make more sense.

It's a shame the spraycan flamer looks like the others, to be honest.

SilentEye
09-06-04, 12:11
Rifle: Lazar Rifle
Pistol: Lazar Pistol
Melee: Melee Knife
PSI: PSI Spell (APP/PPP)
Droner: Drone
HC: Beggers Spraycan, makes perfect sense, pwnd!
Did I miss any?

n3m
09-06-04, 12:14
yes, this sound good.
flamer as a noob would be teh win

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 13:51
I fully support a noob spraycan flamer.

Hey, could be recyclable, even! Three metalplates, two metalpipes, 2 wires.

MkVenner
09-06-04, 13:54
yeah i think its a good idea, i started a thread about a recyclable flamers/nadelaunchers HERE (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=99802&highlight=Recycling+recipies)

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 13:59
You call that one a recycling thread? :P

BTW, that reminds me, Trash Grenades MUST become recyclable!!!

Could use Explosive A/B (er... are those chems cheaper than store-bought grenades?) along with metalpipes & metalwires & an computer junk part.

MkVenner
09-06-04, 14:00
i suggested that in there, but atm Explosive A/B is more expensive than the nades...mebbe bulk build

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 14:03
hmm... hairs? 0_o

MkVenner
09-06-04, 14:04
hehe, you can make explosives from soap summink to do with the fat, mebbe use flesh

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 14:16
Hey, hey, HEY!

I got better idea.

Along with metalpipe and wires, put in one clip of ANY projectile-based lowtech ammo.

Jury-rigged grenade ^ ^, exactly like a trash grenade.

Could even make a t-c grenade, have it be made from energy-based ammo clips!!!!

HellBreaker
09-06-04, 14:25
wow 28 votes all in yes . 100%

Jock Rockwell
09-06-04, 14:26
To me it seems just pure common sense.

Common sense = the win.

5 Stars

msdong
09-06-04, 16:17
I fully support a noob spraycan flamer.

Hey, could be recyclable, even! Three metalplates, two metalpipes, 2 wires.
2 pipes,2 hydraulic junk, 2 cron beer ....

n3m
09-06-04, 16:42
2x wood and a can of cerosine

Celt
09-06-04, 16:45
Last Exile voted no, ban him

Promethius
09-06-04, 16:45
The noob spraycan makes perfect sense. Though there should be a few noob HC weapons so they can upgrade as they lvl.

-Prom

msdong
09-06-04, 16:50
hmm, after a little thinking and readin Gamestar review of that warhammer 40k game i think a Heavy Bolter is a better idea. its the H-C replacement for the nailgun and we even get some new PE fun with them.
so just mak a Noob bolter , a midlevel bolter and a cool PE only RARE TL 70 Bolter. :)

edit:
for those that dont know what i mean:

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 16:55
and a cool PE only RARE TL 70 Bolter. :)

A jack of all trades or a joat if you would. Should NEVER have there own guns.

Slaughter

n3m
09-06-04, 16:56
The noob spraycan makes perfect sense. Though there should be a few noob HC weapons so they can upgrade as they lvl.

-Promtheres a nade launcher at tl7

Promethius
09-06-04, 16:57
A jack of all trades or a joat if you would. Should NEVER have there own guns.

Slaughter

Thought the same thing when i read it.

theres a nade launcher at tl7

Even so there should be some other noob HC weapon. Thers nothing like diversity.

-Prom

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 16:57

-Prom

Go with a TL 5 spray can. A can of hairspray and a lighter.

Slaughter

edit: I think it would look cool to see the tank actully light the lighter and press the nozzle down on the hairspray can.

ufora
09-06-04, 17:35
there is a tl 7 grenade launcher, just like the tl 7 pistol, and the tl 7 rifle.

i voted no.

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 17:38
there is a tl 7 grenade launcher, just like the tl 7 pistol, and the tl 7 rifle.

i voted no.

So you want some noob that wants to be HC start with one nade. He uses it and then he has no weapons. Come on man do a little thinking please. Every other class starts with something they can use more then once without having to get another weapon. Let along a complete noob won't even know where to find a weapon at.

Slaughter

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 21:32
No class starts with the TL 7 grenade launcher. And one clip of ammo is NOT enough for any starting class!!!!!! Even worse for a grenade launcher, with only 12 rounds.

amfest
09-06-04, 21:47

i voted no.
Raise the TL to 8 . . . either way we're talking about (get this) "Starter Weapon" also a grenade launcher isn't a direct dmg weapon and can hurt a new person. This is to teach new people how to work in their combat class. Now, how many tanks do you see with AOE in pvp? How many do you see with direct dmg weapons?

Actually now that I think about it ... Raise the TL of the grenade launcher alot more. There is a big giant gap from "useable weapons" in HC. You don't get to advance to a grenade launcher till str 23. So move the nade launcher to str 10 to somewhat even it out more. You start with a flamer and can buy or gather trashcan grenades for AOE blasts. Level up 5 levels to get the nade launcher which shouldnt' take that long.