PDA

View Full Version : complaints about starter mc5 Remove it if you wanna make it impossible to level there

le noob
08-06-04, 22:58
lets see where to start

the nomads have been broken for more then 6 months how do you expect people to do anything there besides be there for 2 mins running to genrep
and if thats all you expect people to do why even have it in game

and dont even say you start with the tools you need

so you start as a researcher you get tl 30 tool and one YES ONE data cube
hopefull yyou do not blueprint something you cannot make LIKe a tl 13 bat that requires a weapon 5 and 6

OH WAIT YOUR A RESEARCHER YOU CANNOT MAKE ANYTHING
or buy more data cubes cuz all the nomads or bright and clean or guy inside sell is crappy shabby 23% weapons crappy spells crappy imps
NOT to mention since last patch you cannot build more then half the weapons due to them all requiring way higher level parts then the ones available in mc5 because you cannot get res subtance recycling fluid construction grease repair lube

lets say you start as a constructor
see above what your gonna find a researcher with one data cube and pass the cube back and forth making the same gun over and over till you get the slots you want or quality you want

so lets say you start as a melee tank

woot you start with a stilletto or special alloy knife if your lucky
then you get to 13 strengh and buy a tl 13 bat
that you cannot even cap with 114 melee becuase its shabby 23% wherever you buy it i do not even think i need to go on about the higher tl weapons
not to mention if your lucky enough to find constructor or researcher they either cannot get the parts to make the weapons or do not have the data cubes to blueprint the stuff

heavy combat tank nobody is stupid enough to even bother trying to do anything with them there

rifle combat LOLOLOL one rifle avalaible if you start with it

pistol combat whoa wtf there is alot of pistols whats the point in this crap before if you were pistol combat you could level a little but not the current state if your lucky enough to find a constructor or researcher what the resser has one data cube so they have to keep passing the cube back and forth if your lucky enough to even be able to get the parts you need here

so is this kks way of saying we put all these signs in and the citycoms so you can stay here for 2 minutes unless your a pistol character then you can level here for a little time and get some cash up before going to city

but otherwise go right to the city we do not want people levelling here
if that is the case why not remove it totally instead of making it annoying and damn near impossible to level here aND get the things you need

and once again this has nothing to do with patch 200 the nomads who sell tools and datacubes have been missing from mc5 for 6 months or more

is it too much to ask to get a official response to this????????????????

craio
08-06-04, 23:08
You feel like complaining today or something?

MC5 is intended to be a Tutorial spot, a place where you get to do the basics like killing something ,get to know stuff about your class. You're not supposed to try and cap there or start a bp shop.

The thoughest mob in the place (excluding personell) is a 30/30 i think why would you need a tl 50+ weapon? Whats so bad about only getting shabby weapons? Like i said its a tutorial place not the actual game world.

Its is perfectly possible to lvl there for a bit (atleast up to */20,did that with a ppu/apu,pistol pe and pistol spy that made his own weapons) and you can make nice money on the mission there. So whats the big problem?
You can't lvl a spy on ressing there, big deal.

Nidhogg
08-06-04, 23:11
The starter experience is completely re-designed for BDOY so expect some pretty big changes.

N

le noob
08-06-04, 23:14
ok have you tried to level a researcher or constructor or try and make money off the malfuctioning bots you have to waste half your money just to buy shitty weapons

omfg bp shop helloooo stooooopid you cannot even make weapons if you make a resser blueprint tl 13 bat which need wep 5 and wep 6 HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you cannot get them there
there goes your only data cube so what you gotta remake and keep remaking your resser till you finally find a weapon that you can get the parts to make

man this is just to basically ask kk to put some frigging nomads back
and for your information i had a char there who was lvl 40 before so la dee fooooking da big deal it was over a year ago when you could buy data cubes and higher tech level tools whatever and yes i do feel liek complainging cuz this crap has been wrong with the game for sooo long and finally im fed up with it after tons of other things they say are gonna be in game in patch notes and aren[t or dont work then they change crap cuz people complain
so here is my complaints i pay i have the right to complain if you dont like it dont read my posts :)

le noob
08-06-04, 23:16
with characters already made its way too little way too late 3 months from now

just is a pain when you start a new server and see how messed up it is to get anything going in starter mc5

when in the past you arrive in city with a few hundred k

Nidhogg
08-06-04, 23:17
Yeah, double-posting is bad too.

N

Lexxuk
08-06-04, 23:19
What about the people who choose not to purchase DOY, but instead remain with the unpatched NC "Classic". The "DOY will fix everything" only applies to people who in turn, purchase DOY.

craio
08-06-04, 23:22
ok have you tried to level a researcher or constructor or try and make money off the malfuctioning bots you have to waste half your money just to buy shitty weapons

I went out there with about 30k creds.

omfg bp shop helloooo stooooopid you cannot even make weapons if you make a resser blueprint tl 13 bat which need wep 5 and wep 6
Read what i said "You'rent supposed to do that there"

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you cannot get them there
there goes your only data cube so what you gotta remake and keep remaking your resser till you finally find a weapon that you can get the parts to make

Not sure about the new cst rules but those security bots drop parts 1-3 enough for the basic weapons.

Shujin
09-06-04, 00:04
stop ur fuckin whining...

IT IS possible to lvl there.
I have. I have w/ resser/cnsr'r too.
now its possible to make any thing... read 200 patch notes.
1+1=2
2+2=3
3+3=4
4+4=5
you can get the needed parts now.
i lvl'd a noob cnst'r to 7/13 within hours makin stuff.

Zaq
09-06-04, 00:04
What about the people who choose not to purchase DOY, but instead remain with the unpatched NC "Classic". The "DOY will fix everything" only applies to people who in turn, purchase DOY.

Then those dumb people can enjoy the "classic" mc5

Lexxuk
09-06-04, 00:09
Then those dumb people can enjoy the "classic" mc5

Dumb? You mean the people who are intelligent enough to not purchase DOY within 3 months of it first being released to give time for the 1000 showstopping bugs to be fixed? Heck, before Retail UK Opened up, KK were forced to do a complete money wipe because of bugs, so only the "dumb" people, will be those purchasing DOY on release.

Think before you post, k.thx.

le noob
09-06-04, 00:12
you cannot make wep 4 withour recycling fluid
and its not sold in starter mc5 so get the facts straight before you start talking crap man :P

Shujin
09-06-04, 00:14
Nid, unleash your wrath upon this flameful thread.

Edit: I started typing this before I read the above post, so me saying this has nothing to do with me saying that.

Lexxuk
09-06-04, 00:16

Aww come on Shuj, how often do we get a flame fest these days? :angel:

Nidhogg
09-06-04, 00:17
OK, starting with you.

Quit the flaming and the trolling.

N

Gotterdammerung
09-06-04, 00:18
keep it civil or this won't have much of a future

Lexxuk
09-06-04, 00:19
Two mods for the price of one, its happy hour in the NC Forums :p

Shujin
09-06-04, 00:20
OK, starting with you.

Quit the flaming and the trolling.

N
Trust me, I'm not. I'm using on screen keyboard, so its much to hard to flame.

Mumblyfish
09-06-04, 00:21
Aww come on Shuj, how often do we get a flame fest these days? :angel:
Once every ten minutes with gamespysucks on the loose :angel:

amfest
09-06-04, 00:22
stop ur fuckin whining...

IT IS possible to lvl there.
I have. I have w/ resser/cnsr'r too.
now its possible to make any thing... read 200 patch notes.
1+1=2
2+2=3
3+3=4
4+4=5
you can get the needed parts now.
i lvl'd a noob cnst'r to 7/13 within hours makin stuff.
actually shujin if i recall . you need a recycle tool in order to do the weapon part combing . .. .not too mention that I believe you can do 3+3 to make a 4 since 3s are TL 10 but I know for a fact that you cant' do 4+4=5 cause the TL jumps like what? .. to 20 and it requires fluid in order to complete the process.

There are still people joining up .. and stuff like this doesnt' really look nice ... It makes it pointless as it's totally better to start in your apt since if you buy the game box .. it's in the manuel you will start there.

I agree ...the it's much better in BDOY doesn't apply here. It's not here and wont' be for a while yet. Just fix traders so datacubes and tools can be bought . . add in the traders having just the low level drones as droners are pretty screwed in mc5. a few low level ppu buffs at least. what else is missing? HC?

Well I think HC at low levels is borked cause you can only get that grenade which gets costly. Isn't it borked that you have to work melee till you can get HC weapons? Maybe add in a Beggers flamethrower or nade launcher or maybe better named Rusted or Junk Flamethrower . . .how about added to recycle menu and made into starter equipment instead of that one greande that one profession has ... just a thought.

Lexxuk
09-06-04, 00:22
Once every ten minutes with gamespysucks on the loose :angel:

I'm not really a flamer though, its rare that I flame, probably only at my time of the month :confused: :confused: :confused:

le noob
09-06-04, 00:26
finally someone translates my 5 paragraghs of rambling into one parargraph of sense

cool thanx amfest man finally someone understands what i am saying

i still do not get what flaming is

i still like to light stuff on fire

amfest
09-06-04, 00:28
finally someone translates my 5 paragraghs of rambling into one parargraph of sense

cool thanx amfest man finally someone understands what i am saying

i still like to light stuff on fire
you know man . . . insulting someone . .. calling them stupid or something to that effect. Even if "YOU" believe it to be true .. it's still insulting ;)

Shujin
09-06-04, 00:31
(got normal keyboard back)

I dont flame to much either anymore. I know I used to but not really with anyone cept QD, Helen, and all the Mods ;]...

Ok and as for gamespysucks, yes it does O_o... But anyway, yes you really can level in MC5 if you try dude. Stop lookin at all the nothingness and hunt for shit. Dont just stand there at the GR of MC5 and say "man this is bullshit theres nothin to do here" and then come here and complain.

There are some nice mobs to kill there, and you can make a great deal of money off killing the robots in the power core and taking those loot things your supposed to, to the guy in the main building. He pays like 3k each time i think. After a while that adds up to be ALOT. Alot more than you'll make in the same amount of time out of MC5.

Also, yes I did create a cnst'r / resser in MC5. His name was MC5 Cnstr and Resser. I stayed there day and night on Uranus just building stuff for noobs and when no one was around, I would go hunt for junk. And now mc5 IS even better because of the ability to create those new armors and those lazar and medicant weapons out of junk. And Tbh, no, I dont know if they sell recycling lube; but if they dont... all they dont all they have to do is add it. They dont have to completely destroy MC5 just because it is lacking a few things at the vendor. It IS a very nice place to level. It IS NOT a great way to start noobs out though I agree. There should be a much more interactive training thing that forces you to learn.

[Edit]
Oh and amfest, as I recall they DO sell tools in MC5, because about 1hr ago I bought a TL-30 Recycling tool from one of the vendors. But I did not look for lube, but if they have tools I wouldnt be suprised if they have lube.

[Edit2]
And for the record, I my definition of flaming is this:
Anything said that is said in an agressive manner / tone, or unconstructive criticism.

le noob
09-06-04, 00:38
what planet you talking about on venus as of this morning they do not sell tools
on uranus as of a few months ago they dont sell tools
where did you buy these tools cuz on most the servers there is 2 nomads one selling imps psi spells loms (useless in mc5) and imps
the other pawns stuff

amfest
09-06-04, 00:40
(got normal keyboard back)

I dont flame to much either anymore. I know I used to but not really with anyone cept QD, Helen, and all the Mods ;]...

Ok and as for gamespysucks, yes it does O_o... But anyway, yes you really can level in MC5 if you try dude. Stop lookin at all the nothingness and hunt for shit. Dont just stand there at the GR of MC5 and say "man this is bullshit theres nothin to do here" and then come here and complain.

There are some nice mobs to kill there, and you can make a great deal of money off killing the robots in the power core and taking those loot things your supposed to, to the guy in the main building. He pays like 3k each time i think. After a while that adds up to be ALOT. Alot more than you'll make in the same amount of time out of MC5.

Also, yes I did create a cnst'r / resser in MC5. His name was MC5 Cnstr and Resser. I stayed there day and night on Uranus just building stuff for noobs and when no one was around, I would go hunt for junk. And now mc5 IS even better because of the ability to create those new armors and those lazar and medicant weapons out of junk. And Tbh, no, I dont know if they sell recycling lube; but if they dont... all they dont all they have to do is add it. They dont have to completely destroy MC5 just because it is lacking a few things at the vendor. It IS a very nice place to level. It IS NOT a great way to start noobs out though I agree. There should be a much more interactive training thing that forces you to learn.
but you see shujin that's basically what he's saying .. is to add and fix the traders ... sure you can hunt but the conditions are crap and not a good way to learn. There is no real way to found out about the recipies except to either by accident create one :rolleyes: or to ask on help or trade. It really shouldn't be that way. There should be some various recipies obtainable someway . . . mini missions or something . . and only AFTER finishing off these missions will you be able to create this items. In a way I think it's retarded that you can just automatically meld these pieces together with the right amount of recycle points and be able to just whip it up for the first time. You have the skill but you shoudl get the knowledge somehow on how to create. Right now alot of people who start in mc5 can't really work their class very well. If you pick the wrong job at character creation you could be without a weapon that shoudl be your style. Okay I pick a constructor and now i'm restricted to a knife till i can afford and buy a pumpgun? <-- saying you don't have recycle and know the recicpe .. total new person. Okay how about droners ... pop that one cheap drone you have and that's it .. your combat proffesion in mc5 has been nulled . ..oh well .. melee .. ..bleh. same for HC .. pop that grenade and it's over . . oh well melee . . bleh. These characters shoudl have some way of learning their classes in their combat style while in MC5.

I'm curious as to what mc5 will become with BDOY but that's the future. We're talking now. Quit looking the other way and passing it off .. it's a part of the game and should be looked at. It's ugly and I guess that can't be fixed now . but the vendor problem can be fixed ...
As for the recycle recipies and HC problem .. well I guess that's wishful thinking.

Shujin
09-06-04, 00:41
what planet you talking about on venus as of this morning they do not sell tools
on uranus as of a few months ago they dont sell tools
where did you buy these tools cuz on most the servers there is 2 nomads one selling imps psi spells loms (useless in mc5) and imps
the other pawns stuff
Dude go fuckin look. I KNOW they sell tools, because I fucking bought a recycle tool, and like I said earlier I had a Cnst'r / Resser char in Mc5.

Theres FOUR nomads. One Is a buy all, two sell Psi spells and stuff, and the third sells armor, tools, and not sure what else. But if you didnt know they dont sell tools then they prolly do sell lube aswell.

[Edit]
Omfg you guys are talking about Mc5 when you have oviously not been there in quite some time. It has changed in 3 months, there are more vendors oviously. And it looks a bit better, they have added nice lookin signs around the place and added more mobs. I walked out with my new character on uranus and seen assloads of tiny spider mobs ive never even seen in the game before, cant remember their names but they were tiny as hell and gray.

le noob
09-06-04, 00:42
but it has those cool signs to tell me where to what do you mean ugly

rofl less time on signs more times on traders

Shujin
09-06-04, 00:44
but it has those cool signs to tell me where to what do you mean ugly

rofl less time on signs more times on traders
I like those signs ;] and there are more traders go look.

le noob
09-06-04, 00:48
so lets do this by the numbers your wrong look on all the servers

4 out of 5 planets say your wrong SHUJIN suckah :P

cuz all of them except jupiter have 2 nomads
so i guess if you wanna do anything in starter mc5 you have to be german speak german and play on the german server

Shujin
09-06-04, 00:51
so lets do this by the numbers your wrong look on all the servers

4 out of 5 planets say your wrong SHUJIN suckah :P

cuz all of them except jupiter have 2 nomads
so i guess if you wanna do anything in starter mc5 you have to be german speak german and play on the german server
Since when is Uranus and saturn now merged and called jupiter? because i have TODAY seen 4 on BOTH saturn and uranus. Just stfu...

amfest
09-06-04, 00:52
well I rechecked saturn as that's the only server I can recheck and there are 4 . . . so i guess he's right on that ... and they have the substance and such . . .

My view still stands though on recycle recipies and a class being able to level as their particular combat style. ie. Drones, Heavy Combat

edit: maybe it was fixed last patch or two or a silent GM quick spawn :p

Shujin
09-06-04, 00:55
edit: maybe it was fixed last patch or two or a silent GM quick spawn :p
Well I was going to flame gamespysucks but... nah I'm pretty sure he's made himself look stupid enough.

No they werent added this patch, I made my chars previous the patch.

Infact the cnst / resser was over 3 months ago. So he oviously didnt even look.

amfest
09-06-04, 01:06
well before patch 198/199 when I could still log in .. . they were broken .. I know I was there on saturn .. . for a long while when ever I would log in there was only crappy spell one with a few minor things . . no tools .. and the other npc that bought all. So I know it was broken (now if a Gm came and tried and fixed it .. then fine . . but whenever i would log on it was broken) patch 198/199 came and I lost my ability to even start up neocron so i wasn't able to check then. I just finally was able to log in today but hadn't checked mc5 . .. but I know what gamespysucks was talking about so replied to that.

Still think a few things should be added for other combat classes so everyone can learn in their profession properly. EOF

tomparadox
09-06-04, 01:35

[ot] ok flameing is like going to someone and saying ( no offence to anyone this is an expample ) "ur a ****** you stupid nOOb your idia sucks" ( no im not saying your idia sucks its an expample ) thats what flameing is.

Shujin
09-06-04, 02:14
Btw, I just got home from class and looked at the Mc5 vendors. What did I see? I seen Tools AND THE LUBE.

Now back to your first reply to my first post. You please know what YOU are talking about before YOU talk crap.

Like I said, I would flame you but you've done it yourself.

le noob
09-06-04, 02:58
go look on venus shujin and tell me how many you see sorry i could not check saturn and uranus just had to go how they were last time i was there all my slots are full

but for sure ck venus is onmly 2 there

Odin
09-06-04, 03:10
go look on venus shujin and tell me how many you see sorry i could not check saturn and uranus just had to go how they were last time i was there all my slots are full

but for sure ck venus is onmly 2 there
And you do know Venus is run by Alchemic Dream and not us right?

Shujin
09-06-04, 03:41
-edited-

n/m, I dont feel like starting this over again. Its pretty clear what I'm saying.

Oath
09-06-04, 09:46
MC5 is easy to make an infinite number of creds, as a melee ppu its simple.

And apparently it is not exploiting O_o

Archeus
09-06-04, 09:58
I left MC5 with 47,000 in cash, decent armor/weapons and I only quit because MC5 kicks you out after a certain level. All in little over an hour or so.

You whack the newbie stuff, sell the junk, buy medkits then when they are almost run out give them to the guy who needs them and then go buy more with the more cash you have made. Repeat until you have good gear and reasonable level then repeat only attacking the robot guards.

Btw, even if you plan to be a trader or PPU you should never start as one unless you are sadomasocistic in levelling up.

Oath
09-06-04, 10:01
I left MC5 with 47,000 in cash, decent armor/weapons and I only quit because MC5 kicks you out after a certain level. All in little over an hour or so.

You whack the newbie stuff, sell the junk, buy medkits then when they are almost run out give them to the guy who needs them and then go buy more with the more cash you have made. Repeat until you have good gear and reasonable level then repeat only attacking the robot guards.

Btw, even if you plan to be a trader or PPU you should never start as one unless you are sadomasocistic in levelling up.

I am :D :p

J. Folsom
09-06-04, 10:10
actually shujin if i recall . you need a recycle tool in order to do the weapon part combing . .. .not too mention that I believe you can do 3+3 to make a 4 since 3s are TL 10 but I know for a fact that you cant' do 4+4=5 cause the TL jumps like what? .. to 20 and it requires fluid in order to complete the process. Just a side-note, the weapon parts jump 5 TLs per part, so the highest one you can recycle without using fluid would be the fifth one.

Menolak
09-06-04, 18:38
I'm sure that with all the time you just spent argueing on the forum, you could have capped a character at Mc5 by now...:)
What's trollling?

Kain
09-06-04, 19:00
Think the problem with the nomads ...

(and to a certain extent the anti-city engineers outside, and a load of the mobs!!)

Is that they merge into one another, or get pushed together somehow. So even though there are four of them only 1 or 2 are visable or targetable.

Ever time I create a new char I have seen roughly 75% of the mobs outside hiding under the Rhino's near the main enterance. Can target them .... not

Kain