PDA

View Full Version : No Text

Divide
08-06-04, 22:26
Ok, I patched to 200, the game would just blackscreen on me, now Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and now I have no in-game text in my rpos, though I can see chat/etc.

No numbers on ammo, no skillnumbers/points/ANYTHING in there.

I JUST reinstalled, and have now done a file check-- anyone know whats going on?

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:29
Ok, I patched to 200, the game would just blackscreen on me, now Ive uninstalled and reinstalled and now I have no in-game text in my rpos, though I can see chat/etc.

No numbers on ammo, no skillnumbers/points/ANYTHING in there.

I JUST reinstalled, and have now done a file check-- anyone know whats going on?

i had this problem and it was because i had windows ME and it wasnt recommended to be used with NC, i updated to windows 2000 and everything was fine, so i dunno ur problem when it comes to the patches though.

Divide
08-06-04, 22:30
i had this problem and it was because i had windows ME and it wasnt recommended to be used with NC, i updated to windows 2000 and everything was fine, so i dunno ur problem when it comes to the patches though.

Normally I dont have problems patching.

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:33
Normally I dont have problems patching.

i had the no text problem when i installed neocron for the first time, if u have windows me it might be the problem, im not sure though.

Divide
08-06-04, 22:35
i had the no text problem when i installed neocron for the first time, if u have windows me it might be the problem, im not sure though.

Been using XP for quite some time now. Never really cared for ME mainly because its as buggy as neocron, but not quite as fun.

Flashlite
08-06-04, 22:43
i cant even get in neocron now. it loads up to black screen then goes back to desktop. i get no intros or anything. i never have problems pachting

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:44
Been using XP for quite some time now. Never really cared for ME mainly because its as buggy as neocron, but not quite as fun.

well i dunno but i had the same problem u had and that was my reason.

sytheon
09-06-04, 01:14
could it be an alpha setting in your rposcolor.ini file? i fuct my chat text when i accidently
changed the alpha channel to be completely transparent. it was kinda funny.

its either 255 or 0 for the 4th set of numbers. i would like to know if there's
a download area for dumbasses like me who forgot to backup the rposcolor.ini file
before making changes. im not gonna reinstall this game for one 2k file.

(sorry for wandering a bit off topic)

Divide
09-06-04, 01:33
reinstalled a second time, all is well now

amfest
09-06-04, 01:36
reinstalled a second time, all is well now
. . . and there was much rejoice

Dirus
09-06-04, 01:39
Any of you check to see what the error.log files say?.. if anything?

DonnyJepp
09-06-04, 04:08
patch #200 notes

-nerfed Divide (he's just too good, now let's see how he does)

You missed that part of the patch notes didn't you :p

<3