PDA

View Full Version : droners

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 21:48
they are BADLY BADLY OVERPOWERED.

i'll tell u what happened.

a certain clan started attacking MB, and im in the CM faction, so about 3 of us went to investigate, we found it was a droner, he had a raptor. so started searching for the droner, BUT, the drone found us, and surprise surprise, the raptor is almost uneffected by ppu buffs (heals), so the droner killed the capped ppu in about 4 bursts, i stealthed, but the drone continued shooting ( :wtf: ) and killed me, then i saw my friend die to.

so we respawned, braught along 6 people, by then the droner had been joined by another droner, quite a noob one with a only a particlebeam, a melee tank started hitting the drone, the PARTICLEBEAM, killed the capped melee tank. by then also both droners had been killing everyone who came out of MB to level, then, the droner got joined by a ppu, so i was hiding, got the sniper out, shot the raptor and it did about 1/5th damage, this is with a capped artifact silent hunter. i found the droner finally, killed him, the other one killed me, the ppu rezzed the droner i just killed (the one with the raptor), the ppu on our side found me, put up a heal sanc and started rezzing, then the raptor droner killed the rezzing ppu in about 4 shots again.

so we then braught around 7-8 people. came out, one ppu instantly died because of the raptor, its so small people couldnt hit it, it was night, so we couldnt see it, there was no tracer style effect either because its a gatling drone, we all stealthed, by then pb droner was watching the raptor droner. i aimed again, and because the sniper aiming blocks the rpos and hud, i couldnt see myself getting hit by the pb drone, i died.

came back, the rest of our team killed the raptor, and finally the raptor droner, they were hacking his belt etc when the pb drone came and killed all of us, then the enemy droners ppu rezzed him. came back again, this time the enemy droners had a rog spy who killed our capped ppu with full buffs in about 6 shots, i got killed by the raptor drone again, so i just gave up.

btw the point of this topic has nothing to do with in-game, so dont close it because of it, that story was just an example of what happened.

the point is they could of been ANYWHERE in the entire zone and could still attack us, the drones cant be hit, at night u cant see them, they do incredible damage, the raptor drone destroys all ppus, the particlebeam does far to much damage for its TL, they have incredible range, if one gets destroyed the droner can just get another one, its a load of fucking crap.

and people are talking about helmets which hide droners in local, rofl.
if they dont wanna be spotted or attacked keep there LE in, but as far a PK droneing is concerned its a fucking joke.

8 capped people, ppus, spies and tanks, vs 1 drone, then 2, then a ppu and a spy, and all 8 get completly owned.

its gotta be sorted out :mad:

phunqe
08-06-04, 21:50
...so the droner killed the capped ppu in about 4 bursts...

I just tried that "live". If he/she died in 4 bursts there was something SERIOUSLY wrong. I am kidding you not. Either the ppu was bugged/crashed/bad whatever. A fully buffed PPU has NO PROBLEM outhealing a raptor. I tried it several times.

I assume that the raptor is now the previous mosquito and nothing else. I.e NO anti heal, just gatling.

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 21:55
I just tried that "live". If he/she died in 4 bursts there was something SERIOUSLY wrong. I am kidding you not. Either the ppu was bugged/crashed/bad whatever. A fully buffed PPU has NO PROBLEM outhealing a raptor. I tried it several times.

I assume that the raptor is now the previous mosquito and nothing else. I.e NO anti heal, just gatling.

well the raptor damage was uneffected by heals.

ufora
08-06-04, 21:55
its not really hard to find the droners in j01, there usually in similar places

along the top ridge (3rd one up)
near zone line
on top of mb

all u need is a lil co-ordination (also some vehicle helps so u can cover ground quicker) and /set_externalcamdist 4500 or whatever gives u a better view

Underground
08-06-04, 22:00
Theyve swapped the drone names around btw iirc, the raptor is pure gat, the mossy is the anti heal one, 2-3 patches ago i think.

Holy heal sanc is not effected by the anti heal, and holy def makes the damage from them laughable...

phunqe
08-06-04, 22:01
Ok I don't get this.

Previously it was stated that the RAPTOR and MOSQUITO were switched, that in reality, the MOSQUITO should be the anti heal drone.

Now, they have switched. All my MOSQUITOS have turned into RAPTORS.

What is going on? Is the RAPTOR still anti heal and got the damage of the MOSQUITO or what? :confused:

And yes, PPUs with deflector on takes crap damage from my raptor.
There must have been something weird.

Drake6k
08-06-04, 22:04
Hahahaha

I dont think drones are over powered. Just because you guys lost doesnt mean drones are too good. Viruz told me the ppus were not capped at all. So drones are good now. They dont need a fucking nerf right away! I have 'never' had a problem with drones before and 12% more damage isnt such a insane boost.

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:04
Ok I don't get this.

Previously it was stated that the RAPTOR and MOSQUITO were switched, that in reality, the MOSQUITO should be the anti heal drone.

Now, they have switched. All my MOSQUITOS have turned into RAPTORS.

What is going on? Is the RAPTOR still anti heal and got the damage of the MOSQUITO or what? :confused:

And yes, PPUs with deflector on takes crap damage from my raptor.
There must have been something weird.

well i dont know whats going on, maybe it was from this patch but when the raptor attacked that ppu it ripped it to bits, with full buffs. and the rest of us to.

@drake
erm the ppu was capped :wtf: , and there was actually 3 ppus, 2 of them died and didnt bother coming again.

Max Jefferson
08-06-04, 22:07
we all stealthedI think that was your problem, all 7-8 of you were spies.

phunqe
08-06-04, 22:10
well i dont know whats going on, maybe it was from this patch but when the raptor attacked that ppu it ripped it to bits, with full buffs. and the rest of us to.

..and I tried this on 2 PPUs as well? didn't "rip" them apart? o_O :confused:

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:14
..and I tried this on 2 PPUs as well? didn't "rip" them apart? o_O :confused:

well it did us, all of us

there was 3 spies, 2 melee tank, 2 ppus and 1 HC tank. all got killed numerous times by 2 droners, one capped and one rank 40.

NexusPlexus
08-06-04, 22:15
ok ok mr.crazy, if you actually played a droner you might not have the same opinion.

that droner was functional because SOMEONE WATCHED HIS BACK!

should i repeat that?

also, to be able to control drones that effectively the droner has to go almost completely hardcore drone. sure, my droner ONLY has 130 in willpower and i my tl 100 drones don't quite give me the range and punch i'd need to take out peeps on the other side of the map.
as a spy, tradeskilling would have to take a backseat if i have ANY dreams and hopes of killing players.

one of the list of drawbacks to droning is this, when do you actually level con and psi ?

the team with them droners used their heads, strike at night when drones are harder to spot.
i'm sure you've been given enough brainpower to figure out a response to it ;)

how about even attempting to figure out a counter strategy before crying wolf :rolleyes:

plague
08-06-04, 22:17
I think that was your problem, all 7-8 of you were spies.
lol u neailed that one :D

Dribble Joy
08-06-04, 22:19
Ignoring the 'we got pwned ---> drones = overpowered' stuff.

The dmg of trhe raptor on TS was.. ALOT, not over powered, but probably too strong.
Now I don't know if the current retail patch brough retail up to date with the TS drones, or that they are now even more powerful than TS.
12% increase is not insignificant.

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:27
ok ok mr.crazy, if you actually played a droner you might not have the same opinion.

that droner was funtional because SOMEONE WATCHED HIS BACK!

should i repeat that?

also, to be able to control drones that effectively the droner has to go virtually completely hardcore droning. sure, my droner ONLY has 130 in willpower and i my tl 100 drones don't quite give me the range and punch i'd need to take out peeps on the other side of the map.
as a spy, tradeskilling would have to take a backseat if i have any dreams and hopes of killing players.

one of the list of drawbacks to droning is, when do you actually level con and psi ?

the team with them droners used their heads, strike at night when drones are harder to spot. i'm sure you've been given enough brainpower to figure out a response to it ;)

how about even attempting to figure out a conter strategy before crying wolf :rolleyes:

i have a capped droner on saturn.
OH OK
so
ok youve helped me re-write my NEW! combat plan against drones, let me explain.

i'll strike at night, this way they wont be able to see me.
i'll also get 2 ppus a melee tank and 3 spies to COVER ME, thats right, this way im sure 2 droner spies wont kill us all, OH WAIT THEY DID. shame, that.

and yes they will not have to have tradeskilling to drone with such range, but, im a combat spy, i dont have tradeskills, they suck and are boring. can u tell me how im a rifle spy, fairly good damage, crappy defense compared to other classes etc, and a droner spy, can sit miles away while controlling an almost unbeatable drone. and why do droners need con and psi anyways if they just sit miles away? sure they are defenseles if u find them but they have an entire fucking zone to hide.

Shadow Dancer
08-06-04, 22:28
Why was droner damage boosted? Why??? IT was fine before IMO.

They are hard as hell to hit, each drone can take quite a beating, and the droner can be relatively safe(if he's hidden) while his drone takes the risk.

O_o

NexusPlexus
08-06-04, 22:32
and i agree with dj, perhaps a 12% increase in overall damage is not insignificant but, relative to the drawbacks?

if the droner's inert lump of flesh is found while he/she is "pwning" the masses and his dog, said droner soon thereafter becomes fertilizer. the droner could drop his/her drone and make a run for the endzone but even then a simple lev 20 PE with a nailgun could nail his ass so to speak.

every dog has his day, droners get some loving and so will everyone else.

excuse me please, i gotta go find a hunting spot now thats totally isolated from anywhere so that i don't get pk'd by some noob on his way to tagging mb and/or el farid.

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:36
and i agree with dj, perhaps a 12% increase in overall damage is not insignificant but, relative to the drawbacks?

if the droner's inert lump of flesh is found while he/she is "pwning" the masses and his dog, said droner soon thereafter becomes fertilizer. the droner could drop his/her drone and make a run for the endzone but even then a simple lev 20 PE with a nailgun could nail his ass so to speak.

every dog has his day, droners get some loving and so will everyone else.

excuse me please, i gotta go find a hunting spot now thats totally isolated from anywhere so that i don't get pk'd by some noob on his way to tagging mb and/or el farid.

but with the ENTIRE zone to hide, he can be in bushes, trees, hills, ditches, completely un-noticable if your just flying past. in my opinion the positive points completely outbalence the negative ones.

Freeejumper
08-06-04, 22:36
all i can say is that the ppus didnt looked capped / they didnt cap their spells ... . the rifle spy had a spirit silent hunter ... thats why the pb did much damage if your ppus cant look at their buffs then its their own fault in my eyes ... we use teamspeak and the sniper spy told the the droners always what aim they should take thats why they went down so fast ... well but i think too that the raptor is overpowerd now in pvp but its fine in pvm now !

NexusPlexus
08-06-04, 22:37
so none of you can afford a car for added mobility when u KNOW theres a droner about :lol:
damn, even them speedbikes are a dime a dozen

and you say 'unnoticeable' crazy ?? you ever keep an eye on your local?
you might stumble across a spy whos hoping you aren't looking at your monitor while you drive by. if the droner wants a kwik getaway he might have a hover right next to him, don't tell me you could miss a player model AND a vehicle

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:39
all i can say is that the ppus didnt looked capped / they didnt cap their spells ... . the rifle spy had a spirit silent hunter ... thats why the pb did much damage if your ppus cant look at their buffs then its their own fault in my eyes ... we use teamspeak and the sniper spy told the the droners always what aim they should take thats why they went down so fast ... well but i think too that the raptor is overpowerd now in pvp but its fine in pvm now !

one level 50+, the other was completely capped, with full buffs the ppu got owned by that raptor, it makes no sense. and so did all of us, when i first came i was standing there, i heard a few clicks, i fell down to 50 health then died , all in the space of 2 seconds. same with the rest of the team.

Scikar
08-06-04, 22:40
At least drones solve any overpowered melee problem...

Freeejumper
08-06-04, 22:40
one level 50+, the other was completely capped, with full buffs the ppu got owned by that raptor, it makes no sense. and so did all of us, when i first came i was standing there, i heard a few clicks, i fell down to 50 health then died , all in the space of 2 seconds. same with the rest of the team.
how about investing some points in resistforce then ? :O anyway gn8 gonna sleep now :)

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:42
so none of you can afford a car for added mobility when u KNOW theres a droner about :lol:
damn, even them speedbikes are a dime a dozen

youve just dug yourself a nice big hole, HOW are we meant to use the vehicles, we get in them, the droner goes up nice and high, spots the vehicle, and BECAUSE OF THE DRONES FUCKING SPEED, actually manages to keep on the vehicles tale continously shooting at it, killing the driver, gunners, and eventually the vehicle. i tried doing it, i got a hovertec while the drone wasnt looking in my direction, went to search for the droner, the pb drone spotted me, started chasing my hovertec and shooting me, at half health i bailed out while it started shooting my hovertec, stealthed over to the vehicle depot and put the hovertec back in just before it was destroyed.

NexusPlexus
08-06-04, 22:46
heres a tissue then crazy guy...
it sounds like it was traumatic.

ps: big boys don't cry

plague
08-06-04, 22:49
At least drones solve any overpowered melee problem...
haha am so glad they got off melee case lol , it's drones now whats next, prolly hybrids agaim eh....

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:54
heres a tissue then crazy guy...
it sounds like it was traumatic.

ps: big boys don't cry

im not a big boy though :(
*takes tissue*

and thats true plague, but why the fuck did they give drones 12% more power in the first place?, i dont know if thats whats made them so powerful but somethings fucked.

N1n3
08-06-04, 22:55

a certain clan started attacking MB, and im in the CM faction, so about 3 of us went to investigate, we found it was a droner, he had a raptor. so started searching for the droner, BUT, the drone found us, and surprise surprise, the raptor is almost uneffected by ppu buffs (heals), so the droner killed the capped ppu in about 4 bursts, i stealthed, but the drone continued shooting ( :wtf: ) and killed me, then i saw my friend die to. ^

U tried to heal the drone? \o/ its quite impossible to kill a ppu with 4 bursts - maybe its possible if he has low resist force, no deflector online and no heal active..

so we respawned, braught along 6 people, by then the droner had been joined by another droner, quite a noob one with a only a particlebeam, a melee tank started hitting the drone, the PARTICLEBEAM, killed the capped melee tank.

My Melee Tank can nearly outheal small pbs... it would take hours to kill him with that kind of drone.

by then also both droners had been killing everyone who came out of MB to level, then, the droner got joined by a ppu, so i was hiding, got the sniper out, shot the raptor and it did about 1/5th damage, this is with a capped artifact silent hunter.

Droner with ppu support? quite a good situtation to talk about balancing and overpowered classes. OMG NERF GOT KILLED BY TANK WITH PPU SUPPORT NERF TEH TANKEH!!

i found the droner finally, killed him, the other one killed me, the ppu rezzed the droner i just killed (the one with the raptor), the ppu on our side found me, put up a heal sanc and started rezzing, then the raptor droner killed the rezzing ppu in about 4 shots again.

This ppu sux so hard, lol, I cant believe it. Why are the ppus I fight not that bad :(

so we then braught around 7-8 people. came out, one ppu instantly died because of the raptor, its so small people couldnt hit it, it was night, so we couldnt see it, there was no tracer style effect either because its a gatling drone, we all stealthed, by then pb droner was watching the raptor droner. i aimed again, and because the sniper aiming blocks the rpos and hud, i couldnt see myself getting hit by the pb drone, i died.

Im still wondering why u refused to use ur stealth tool to find the droners and get more ppl there. Im still confused how its possible to kill 6 ppl + 2 ppus with 1 highlvl and 1 midlvl droner.

came back, the rest of our team killed the raptor, and finally the raptor droner, they were hacking his belt etc when the pb drone came and killed all of us, then the enemy droners ppu rezzed him.

u all got killed by a pb drone? ... were u all x/2 or what? I refuse to believe this..

came back again, this time the enemy droners had a rog spy who killed our capped ppu with full buffs in about 6 shots, i got killed by the raptor drone again, so i just gave up.

so, we are talking bout 2 droners, 1 ppu and 1 rifle spy with rog. if ur ppu got killed in 6 shots, then he sux even more now.

the raptor drone destroys all ppus

Maybe this will be my new signature. I saw ppus laughing bout 3+ raptors..

if they dont wanna be spotted or attacked keep there LE in, but as far a PK droneing is concerned its a fucking joke.

8 capped people, ppus, spies and tanks, vs 1 drone, then 2, then a ppu and a spy, and all 8 get completly owned.

O_o

[ edited ] Droners are far away from being overpowered. Play one as ur main char, and u _will_ think different.

plague
08-06-04, 22:58
im not a big boy though :(
*takes tissue*

and thats true plague, but why the fuck did they give drones 12% more power in the first place?, i dont know if thats whats made them so powerful but somethings fucked.
yes my ppu got owned by raptor before patch (when it had uber rof) i wasn't caped but hAD all holly buff on and holly heal it wasn't in 4 shot's was more like 12 but super fast hehe after rof nerf they sucked now they back to normal maybe a lill too strong but thats the advantage being a droner, cuz droners can get killed in instance by anyother class but drones it self is strong as should be(its a machien). very simple stealth all the time, hehe i love hunting down droners on my spy, pop right next to them when they think that they got u lol...:D

cRazy2003
08-06-04, 22:59
ooook...
anyways, i mean the damage the drone does was just about uneffected when the ppu healed himself or any of us.

no the pb drone killed the melee tank, dunno how, maybe its fucked but it happened, thats the entire point of the post, i think its fucked how its possible, but it happened, if it didnt then why would i be posting?
[ edited ]

ZoomZoom
09-06-04, 00:00
I think that was your problem, all 7-8 of you were spies.

yea next time take a apu monkey they seem to kill drones easy as they dont have to wait for the crosshair to get in ranage and well u no.

all all drones > melee tanks

omg omg omg melee tanks have a weakness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mumblyfish
09-06-04, 00:01
all all drones > melee tanks
A good melee tank would whip out a rifle and shoot that sum'bitch down ;)

Clownst0pper
09-06-04, 00:03
Im sorry but this thread is a fucking joke.

Me and abner are probably the only 2 droners on saturn who OP war, and Gank for want of a better word.

And i gaurentee if a PPU is fully buffed, and has a holy heal up - U CANNOT KILL HIM.

If any player who isnt remotely near 0/2 is being buffed and healed by a PPU, U CANNOT KILL HIM.

I gaurentee it, with a holy deflector, and holy heal, apart from APU's, anyone else can survive with absolutely zero problem.

Sorry but this thread is a piss take, Your all obviously shite, and especially your PPU.

Not only play a class before u start such a stupid thread, but bloody get some skillz.

<3 ABNER

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 00:25
Im sorry but this thread is a fucking joke.

Me and abner are probably the only 2 droners on saturn who OP war, and Gank for want of a better word.

And i gaurentee if a PPU is fully buffed, and has a holy heal up - U CANNOT KILL HIM.

If any player who isnt remotely near 0/2 is being buffed and healed by a PPU, U CANNOT KILL HIM.

I gaurentee it, with a holy deflector, and holy heal, apart from APU's, anyone else can survive with absolutely zero problem.

Sorry but this thread is a piss take, Your all obviously shite, and especially your PPU.

Not only play a class before u start such a stupid thread, but bloody get some skillz.

<3 ABNER

ive said i play a capped droner on saturn, how many more times?
i guarentee not, we were all capped, quite experienced, maybe if the ppu was a bit dodgy then yes but the entire team?, now thats a fucking joke, i dunno whats up but the drones are way overpowered.

Clownst0pper
09-06-04, 01:01
ive said i play a capped droner on saturn, how many more times?
i guarentee not, we were all capped, quite experienced, maybe if the ppu was a bit dodgy then yes but the entire team?, now thats a fucking joke, i dunno whats up but the drones are way overpowered.

So you admit your ppu was rubbish....

and there fore, that means the majority of u would have been unbuffed, and stuck with a tl 3 heal, and a shit deflector.

Why should a Tl 120 GATTLING RARE drone, not be able to take down a player, who is self buffed?

Or am i missing something?

Sigma
09-06-04, 01:10

a certain clan started attacking MB, and im in the CM faction, so about 3 of us went to investigate, we found it was a droner, he had a raptor. so started searching for the droner, BUT, the drone found us, and surprise surprise, the raptor is almost uneffected by ppu buffs (heals), so the droner killed the capped ppu in about 4 bursts, i stealthed, but the drone continued shooting ( :wtf: ) and killed me, then i saw my friend die to.

so we respawned, braught along 6 people, by then the droner had been joined by another droner, quite a noob one with a only a particlebeam, a melee tank started hitting the drone, the PARTICLEBEAM, killed the capped melee tank. by then also both droners had been killing everyone who came out of MB to level, then, the droner got joined by a ppu, so i was hiding, got the sniper out, shot the raptor and it did about 1/5th damage, this is with a capped artifact silent hunter. i found the droner finally, killed him, the other one killed me, the ppu rezzed the droner i just killed (the one with the raptor), the ppu on our side found me, put up a heal sanc and started rezzing, then the raptor droner killed the rezzing ppu in about 4 shots again.

came back, the rest of our team killed the raptor, and finally the raptor droner, they were hacking his belt etc when the pb drone came and killed all of us, then the enemy droners ppu rezzed him. came back again, this time the enemy droners had a rog spy who killed our capped ppu with full buffs in about 6 shots, i got killed by the raptor drone again, so i just gave up.

btw the point of this topic has nothing to do with in-game, so dont close it because of it, that story was just an example of what happened.

the point is they could of been ANYWHERE in the entire zone and could still attack us, the drones cant be hit, at night u cant see them, they do incredible damage, the raptor drone destroys all ppus, the particlebeam does far to much damage for its TL, they have incredible range, if one gets destroyed the droner can just get another one, its a load of fucking crap.

THANK GOD, that that wasn't a Tank + PPU team raiding MB there otherwise u'd bitch that tanks are overpowered.

gimme a fucking break, tbh when i hear that 8 capped ppl, including PPU get owned by something i don't think about how to nerf the thing that killed u, i think about what a shit con all of u must have.

tbh what i think is that u somehow seriously fucked up and got owned by the drone, got really pissed and came bitching to the forums...

like nearly EVERYONE does :wtf:

Mr_Snow
09-06-04, 01:35
Man ive seen every class+ppu destroy clans literally sometimes you just have to take into account people are better at the game then you are other everything but apu spies would of been nerfed for pulling a stunt like the one you described.

N1n3
09-06-04, 01:47
<3 KORO

omg h4x nerf these overpowered pb1. pls KK pls. and increase my skills, my playerskills.. and gimme some useful setups. cant be possible that Im not able to carry 1337 psi boosters and die from a raptor without deflector. h4x.

Ormy
09-06-04, 01:51
Its the old old story...

Man gets pwned, man cries NERF NERF.

A fully buffed PPU (or any other char fully buffed by a decent PPU) is practically unkillable by a single droner. Drones are expensive, awkward, still pretty bugged, and you are miles away from your body which has obvious disadvantage.

You got pwned because the droners used tactics, and you didn't, simple as that.

jernau
09-06-04, 01:59
I've skipped over most posts so sorry if this has been said but :

1) PPU down in 4 bursts from any drone is a useless PPU.
2) Melee vs drone o_O If he hit it once the droner needs a slap.

/edit - OK I read some more :
3) ROG kills PPU in 6 shots - see 1 above
4) Rank 40 with a PN?

Droners are easy to take out if you know they are in the area. The only excuse for getting PKed by them is if they catch you solo unbuffed or you are a melee tank or a very unlucky APU.

Maloch Octavia
09-06-04, 02:14
Why is it that as soon as someone gets beat and can't fight back, they scream for a nerf?

Droners are not overpowered because:

A: To be a good Droner, you need to 100% specialise. Thus you are essentially a tank, with none of the tanks benefits.

B: You find me, I'm dead

C: To join in PvP, I need to run around for five to ten minutes until I've found somewhere safe to hide

D: The 'smart' player, ignores the Drone and runs to find the Droner

E: Drones cost us a fortune in Research and build costs, especially in PvP, when you have to drop your Drone, or it gets destroyed, before launching another one.

F: We can't spec resists, we need it all in Transport

G: You find me, I'm dead

H: The smallest mobs can be lethal to my meatsack

I: I can't get to a lot of the loot I manage to kill, as I'm too far away

J: PPU buffs are 99.9% useless on me, thus I'm ultimately fighting a battle alone, it's sad being alone

K: Anyone finds me, I'm dead

L: ANYONE finds me, I'm dead

M: I don't have a chance to prepare against close threats, as I don't know about them

N: I have to stop and actively investigate who someone is, before opening fire, as I don't have Local on my Drone

We are not overpowered, you are simply shit.

P.S - I have killed a lot of people with my Drones, most of them were Spies, Tanks and PPU's I generally struggle against, especially when they bring their big boomsticks out on me.

Oh, and one more thing, DON'T STAND STILL WHEN WE SHOOT AT YOU!

Magic Sausage
09-06-04, 02:21
This is completley redicoulus... as is my spelling... anyway... Raptor is one of the weaker drones... the MR-1000 seems to do more damage...

If anything the raptor needs a boost... not a nerf...

Melees don't do well agaist flying things... That has to do with the whole think of not being able to hit things at range

Anyway... raptors have horrible range too... so finding the droner using a raptor should be easy.

mm...

Anyway... Droner teams can be devistating to people who can't find them...

Thumbs Down for Droner Nerf

Keyol45743241
09-06-04, 02:24
What the flying multicoloured fuck is this ... err... threadstarter talking about? :wtf:

See my Avatar? It's a infamous quote and it's saying (loosely translated): "If you have absolutely no clue - SHUT THE FUCK UP" Guess who springs to my mind? And... err... a stealther died while he sucked at sniping a drone? 8| Did it ever occur to you to .. err.. like stealth and go, look for the droner instead of trying to be a tank and absorb damage? O_o

RayBob
09-06-04, 02:52
They are hard as hell to hit, each drone can take quite a beating...The only thing they need to do is make the hit boxes on drones a bit larger and perhaps try and improve the code that updates their position so they move a little smoother. If it is hard for an APU to target them, imagine what it is like for someone with a reticle.

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 03:10
If it is hard for an APU to target them, imagine what it is like for someone with a reticle.

Exactly. 8|

Magic Sausage
09-06-04, 03:58
I would have to agree with that... how to other people drones move in bursts... although this can be a bad thing.. most of the time it works to the defenders advantage having a drone accually stay in 1 place for a bit to hit em.

Biznatchy
09-06-04, 04:40
it didnt even take 24 hours for the "omg nerf what just got a slight boost" started.

I just find it funny I was up at MB on saturn just before this post. We only owned 3 people my droner and a pistol spy.

Parish
09-06-04, 07:17
Why was droner damage boosted? Why??? IT was fine before IMO.

They are hard as hell to hit, each drone can take quite a beating, and the droner can be relatively safe(if he's hidden) while his drone takes the risk.

O_o

sorry for my bad words,.. but this is the biggest shit that i ever read in this board since a couple of days, you say the drones are now overpowerd ? i say,.. you have _no_ skill.

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 07:35
sorry for my bad words,.. but this is the biggest shit that i ever read in this board since a couple of days, you say the drones are now overpowerd ? i say,.. you have _no_ skill.

I didn't say they were overpowered. Pay attention. :rolleyes:

I'm just saying they did NOT need a damage boost. I wish KK would find other ways of balancing classes instead of just "decrease damage, increase damage". Droners have alot of bugs and are too high maintanence. Fix that. They don't need MORE damage pvp.

Maloch Octavia
09-06-04, 07:38
This is going into joke territory now.

I went onto Saturn and tested this theory. I waited, and I waited, and I waited. I had hid myself in the best place possible, and sure enough, two Runners appear at the Outpost.

I'm using a Gal-3000 Drone, and I start attacking the Tank.
It takes me about six or seven shots to kill him, because he is a Tank, and thus stupid - All he does is run around in circles.

The Spy is a bit harder, he's not daft, he's ran into a building, and I'm not going to send my Drone in after him. So I wait, and I wait and I wa.. Oh, that Tank has GR'd back in.. Kill him with Synaptic.. Yay!!

The Spy pops his head out, gets shot, pops back in, and I wait, and I wa.... Tanks' back, Tanks' dead again.. Arfarf.. He's stopped running in circles, now he's just trying to run to the building.

So far, it's going in my favour..

Wait.. What's this... Aaah, here we go... Another Tank and a PPU, both appear buffed, so I go for the PPU first, remove the strong link in the chain, to weaken the other links.. Not a fucking scratch on him. I'm doing single digit damage. I pap away, and nothing, so I turn to the Tank, and fully buffed, I'm doing under 20 damage per hit... Then that other Tank reappears, and I kill him before he gets buffed, as the PPU has ran to the Spy in the building.

So, I now have one Tank, one PPU, one Spy, and one dead Tank. The Spy runs past my Drone buffed, and I do about 25 damage, the Tank starts blasting my Drone, and the Flash is so bad, I can't see a damn thing, so I start to fall back.

I drop the Drone and launch a Revenge, fly it back to the building, and see that other Tank has GR'd back in, the PPU running towards him, so I fly it into his face, and he dies again.

I relaunch another Gal-3000, and head back that way, having lost track of this Spy. I decide to prioritise, and go to look for the Spy. Sure enough, he's hunting around for me, and I try to take a few pot shots at him, unfortunately, it's difficult to fly and fire at the same time, because generally, you're going on a lower trajectory than the plane you're travelling on. Which means you'll eventually either hit the ground, or have to stop firing, tilt down, and slam reverse on, to gain altitude.. Which means the target has time to escape. So after a few of these, I've managed to get enough shots in to hurt him, and he runs for cover. I'm just about to put in that final shot, when I see Blood Flash on my screen, and I drop my Gal, and slap my QB2 and launch a Revenge, exploding it in my own face, because I know I'm doomed, and want to get anything that's close to me.

Sure enough, I die, and look around to see the Tank standing over me, sexing my corpse.

Moral of the Story:

If you're a stupid Tank, you'll die, unless you can sustain fire on me, then I can't see jack shit.

If you're focussing on the Drone, you'll die, because there are many more Drones, you need to get the source.

If you're a PPU, you're invulnerable if you have an ounce of skill about you.

If you're with a PPU, you're invulnerable if you have an ounce of skill about you.

So are Drones overpowered? As my demonstration shows - No.

The only people that die from Drones, are stupid people, that don't have a battle plan for such an emergency.

What we have here, is a case of a lot of stupid people dying, and the original poster, feeling so aggrieved that he got arse spanked, that he wants a Nerf.

Accept that you have little to no skill, and that what was an easily resolved problem, turned into a slaughter, because you're a nib. :)

Accept your faults, don't force the blame on others.

[Edit]

One more point I want to raise... This 12% damage increase, is our pay-off for the fact we can't take part in spontaneous PvP.

Example:

Tank runs past Tank, both tanks turn and shoot at each other until one dies.
Spy runs past APU, Spy dies.
APU runs past PPU, they team and kill Tank and Spy.
PE drives about on his Hovertec looking lonely.
Spy DRONER runs past any of the above, and either dies, or has to run for four minutes to find a hill to hide behind, to launch a drone, to fly it to the target, to find the target has long since gone.

Here's a good example...

I was at Cycrow the other day, and by sheer luck, I launched a Drone just as a name came onto Local. So I stood guard by my meatsack, and the little bugger pulled a weapon out, and took a shot. I hosed him down in swift order, he was Spy, and even his stealth couldn't save him, because he used it really badly.

Yet the day before, I was out at Battledome, and I saw an enemy, so I went to launch a Drone, and between pressing QB1, pressing Fire, waiting a second to launch, and getting my focus, he was on top of my body sexing me.

We can't get involved in PvP unless we either:

Pre-meditate it and camp a spot for ages on end
Take part in Outpost Wars

Every other Class can more or less jump right in if they want.

That is the pay-off we have to make, that is why we deserve 12%. Live with it.

Jadzia Eleazar
09-06-04, 08:05
OMG drones can kill ppl with no skills.
Therefore, nerf the drones!

Maybe u guys should get some skills instead before crying about sth or so being overpowered. A skilled PPU easily outheals 2 raptors.

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 10:29
roflmfao

THIS is the biggest load of shit ive ever heard.
OMG I HAVE TO HAVE SKILL TO USE A HEAL
what the shit
how can you have skill buffing, in pvp and pvm then yes but if your trying to shoot a drone 60 foot in the air while its beating the shit out of you, kinda difficult. ive heard 3 people say now since the patch (i think some noobs forgot there was a damage boost to drones) that drones and even the raptor have hurt a lot.

you people keep moaning shit, that you have no skill, blah blah, explain to me how a capped melee tank was attacking a drone with a blade of ceres, swiped at it about 4 times, then it turned around and started attacking the tank, the tank then had to run and heal as 60's keep popping up over his head. then he died, and on top of all that it was a PB drone from a rank 50 droner. and explain to me how later on that same melee tank managed to kill the enemy rifle spy in a few hits with a pob.

i think drones should be powerful because of there weaknesses, but jesus christ, 8 people vs 2 droners and we cant get anywhere near the droners themselfs because of the drones on our backs. and if we lose them, they can fly up about 100 feet and see anywhere were going. but ive had enuf of this shit, its pointless even argueing with people who havnt thought about what there saying, forgetting there was a patch and you wernt there yourself when it happened. and and by the way the raptor still has the anti-heal effect, we tested it. when the ppu healed the heal didnt register when the drone was shooting at the ppu.

ufora
09-06-04, 10:41
the only thing bad about drones is u cant hit them.

still crazy coz u got ownd dont meen the need to be nerfed. i have been arsed ********** by drones many times. just get over it.

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 11:07
the only thing bad about drones is u cant hit them.

still crazy coz u got ownd dont meen the need to be nerfed. i have been arsed ********** by drones many times. just get over it.

so have i but its a bit of a pisstake if 2 droners can kill 8 people. anyways i cant be bothered anymore

Keyol45743241
09-06-04, 11:20
I am all for improving the netcode concerning drones. At the moment its all interpolated between positions; When was the last time you saw a drone bounce of a wall to gain speed or height? When was the last time the drone simply froze in midair to be hit easily by the most unskilled people on the server? People with a Moonstriker hit my drone.. I mean.. WTF? :wtf:

If my drone flew on your clients the way I ride it, none of you would ever be able to hit it once :rolleyes:

And for those without skill, there are always specialized weapons which require less skill and/or ways to get out of harms way: A tank can usually run to safety from whatever position in a zone without the HP going critical. A meleetank even more so, since he has STR left over for resist force and more speed. Not talking about normal sync borders in the zone, simply the outer borders. Lone Apus (haha) are dead quite fast, if they don't expect to be attacked, spys can stealth if they're not completely incompetent, PEs could untill a few days ago - but then, not so long ago, since the PE can no longer outheal a Particle Nemesis they can still make it to safety.

N1n3
09-06-04, 11:22
roflmfao

what the shit
how can you have skill buffing, in pvp and pvm then yes but if your trying to shoot a drone 60 foot in the air while its beating the shit out of you, kinda difficult.

Strange thing, everybody says OMG NERF DRONEHS ARE SOOO HARD TO HIT and I see my raptors getting ********** by apus every day, high above in the air. Do u think u would look better fighting an apu/pe/tank face to face? if not, why do u think it should be easy to defeat a drone? My droner cant fight a bit, except of his little flying toys..

ive heard 3 people say now since the patch (i think some noobs forgot there was a damage boost to drones) that drones and even the raptor have hurt a lot.

h4x, 12% dmg boost. how unfair. in all op zones without mountains Im a J.O.K.E. coz a single stealth spy can move out, find my sack, kill me, and return. All others chars can be rezzed in seconds, in my case a ppu hav to run through the whole sector, rezz me.. just to let me get killed by another stealther minutes later. thumbs up.

you people keep moaning shit, that you have no skill, blah blah, explain to me how a capped melee tank was attacking a drone with a blade of ceres, swiped at it about 4 times, then it turned around and started attacking the tank, the tank then had to run and heal as 60's keep popping up over his head. then he died, and on top of all that it was a PB drone from a rank 50 droner. and explain to me how later on that same melee tank managed to kill the enemy rifle spy in a few hits with a pob.

His Con setup surely looks like 50% ath 50% hp. And no armor. Even my raptor cant deal 60 dmg with a single burst to a tank with a standard setup.

i think drones should be powerful because of there weaknesses, but jesus christ, 8 people vs 2 droners and a ppu and a rifle spy, which killed ur ppu in 6!!!! shots. Damn, this ppu sux big time.

and we cant get anywhere near the droners themselfs because of the drones on our backs.

coz ur ppu is too stupid to cast shelter/deflector/heal. every char with ppu on his ass would laugh bout pb1 and raptor.

and if we lose them, they can fly up about 100 feet and see anywhere were going.

use this frickin tool that should be in ur qb, called "Stealth tool". Oh, I forgot, the droners got gm h4x tools and killed u stealthed. wtf.

and and by the way the raptor still has the anti-heal effect, we tested it. when the ppu healed the heal didnt register when the drone was shooting at the ppu.

they changed ne names, not more :( and the antiheal effect is soooo uber, really. He starts to work after 80% of the heal duration. Really, uber. damn. nerf it.

Clownst0pper
09-06-04, 11:22
Shadow, I actually the think the damage boost was intended for PVM damage.

As it was laughable.

In terms of PVP, well, increasing the hit box size wont help as there fucking piss easy to hit..I think its because there are so few active high level droners most people have no idea how to tackle them

YoDa-UK
09-06-04, 11:28
ROFLMAO

The least played class in the entire game and now they got a boost to a balanced lvl you cry about dying to it?

Crazy seriously, don't cry coz you stand still and die, hell even if you run a good droner can stil hit you.

I say it is about time that droners got what they deserve, for to long this type of class has been a joke, will they finally be viable in op wars again? lets hope so.

Oh and if your "capped" ppu's died that easy, then they are people who don't know how to set their chars up the right way, you would be shocked at how many people don't know what todo with their char.

N1n3
09-06-04, 11:31
Now I know why 2% of the nc community play droners regularly - its becoz we're soo overpowered :rolleyes:

koro, lets try to raid mb with pb1. Ooops, I forgot. Droners cant fight indoor like everyone else.

awkward silence
09-06-04, 11:37
Dunno, i think droners are a bit overpowered...but then again they have teh habit of getting owned by cyber hounds when warbotting.

Anyways i dont mind teh dmg i think they just need less hp like killed from 1-2 hl zaps.... they can always jist launch a new one.

Ive never had a droner so cant really say.

Clownst0pper
09-06-04, 11:37
Now I know why 2% of the nc community play droners regularly - its becoz we're soo overpowered :rolleyes:

koro, lets try to raid mb with pb1. Ooops, I forgot. Droners cant fight indoor like everyone else.

I tried that the other day in pepper park, kinda a joke, shit u was with me :lol:

Fun while it lasted 2 seconds until they found my sack :(

Clownst0pper
09-06-04, 11:39
Dunno, i think droners are a bit overpowered...but then again they have teh habit of getting owned by cyber hounds when warbotting.

Anyways i dont mind teh dmg i think they just need less hp like killed from 1-2 hl zaps.... they can always jist launch a new one.

Ive never had a droner so cant really say.

We not only loose our drone, have to get it researched and constructed, but also we have impairment.

About 4% when it gets destroyed, if your wearing spy pistol/rifle PA, then it doesnt hit u that hard, but if ur not, it can stop u from re launching straight away.

As for fighting indoors, well we cant, its open wastelands only :(

alig
09-06-04, 11:44

OMFG someone else has noticed it at god damn last!!!!!1111oneoneoen

ProfX
09-06-04, 12:33
the raptor is almost uneffected by ppu buffs (heals),
omfg rofl kos kos next time my pe atacks a ppu i will die because he heals me 8|
the last time i saw peaple dieing by heal was beginning of retail, but this bug is gone

srry crazy i think there must be a forumrule noobs stfu stop crying for a nerf!!!! if you have no plan :wtf: :o

Parish
09-06-04, 13:08
roflmfao

what the shit
how can you have skill buffing, in pvp and pvm then yes but if your trying to shoot a drone 60 foot in the air while its beating the shit out of you, kinda difficult. ive heard 3 people say now since the patch (i think some noobs forgot there was a damage boost to drones) that drones and even the raptor have hurt a lot.

i think drones should be powerful because of there weaknesses, but jesus christ, 8 people vs 2 droners and we cant get anywhere near the droners themselfs because of the drones on our backs. and if we lose them, they can fly up about 100 feet and see anywhere were going. but ive had enuf of this shit, its pointless even argueing with people who havnt thought about what there saying, forgetting there was a patch and you wernt there yourself when it happened. and and by the way the raptor still has the anti-heal effect, we tested it. when the ppu healed the heal didnt register when the drone was shooting at the ppu.

you say 8 people die by 2 pb-drones ? ;P omg yes this is a perfect example for idiots without skill, the only thing that they must do is running around and search the droner, but i think.. they only be little idiots and stand still to aim.. so.. they dont have skill ergo.. its only a nerf [ edited ]

phunqe
09-06-04, 13:10
I think this thread has passed on to the stage "Anyway..."

Keyol45743241
09-06-04, 13:23
[ edited ]

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 14:18
omfg rofl kos kos next time my pe atacks a ppu i will die because he heals me 8|
the last time i saw peaple dieing by heal was beginning of retail, but this bug is gone

FOR FUCK SAKE
THE WHEN THE DRONE ATTACKS, THE HEALS THE PPU CASTS ON HIMSELF ARE UNEFFECTED.

it was a pb drone and a raptor.
[ edited ]

Jock Rockwell
09-06-04, 14:23
I personally have never found the dmg drones done overpowering in any sense, especially on my ppu.

What i dont like is the SERIOUS wall clipping drones can do, and the fact that one second the drone is right infront of u the next its 400 metres higher and further away. Fix wall clipping and shit and im happy with droners.

LTA
09-06-04, 14:25
i remember the old pb 20's if there was any fight at a op and those beggars appeared on local could guarentee that the hunt for him would suddenly be on as he stripped your team down :(.
Ahh well no danger of worrying about them now we have the nemesis :p

I wouldn't mind the damage they do, if they weren't so friggin akward to hit, when they move in freeze frame, they are tiny, they shift or they go about 2000 foot upwards :(

And the anti heal drones are nice, you lose your powerfullest feature, it prolly hurt cuz you have no heal and you actually started noticing the damage for a change.

N1n3
09-06-04, 14:54
FOR FUCK SAKE

[ edited ]

that means, all 3 ppus I attacked today used gm h4x coz they outhealed my raptor. o_O

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 15:00
FOR FUCK SAKE

maybe of some of you assholes actually tried testing a drone AFTER THIS PATCH, youd see differently, you might also need an IQ above 10

If you know what your doing you can out live a raptor. It's not hard. Just requires common since. Alot of people dont have that when it comes to playing a PPU. And i'm not even a very good PPU ask around everyone can tell you that.

Slaughter

hinch
09-06-04, 15:04
[ edited ]

Sigma
09-06-04, 15:06
If you know what your doing you can out live a raptor. It's not hard. Just requires common since. Alot of people dont have that when it comes to playing a PPU. And i'm not even a very good PPU ask around everyone can tell you that.

Slaughter
yeah, he sux

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 15:11
yeah, he sux

Yep i never claimed to be a good PPU. Some how i knew you would respond to that. :D

Slaughter

N1n3
09-06-04, 15:19
hinch, which board is that? U can kill a melee tank with a pb4 in wastelands, without any structures, hiding spots, syncs or genreps around. Happens very often :rolleyes:

Jadzia Eleazar
09-06-04, 15:24
roflmfao

... explain to me how a capped melee tank was attacking a drone with a blade of ceres, swiped at it about 4 times, then it turned around and started attacking the tank, the tank then had to run and heal as 60's keep popping up over his head. then he died, and on top of all that it was a PB drone from a rank 50 droner. and explain to me how later on that same melee tank managed to kill the enemy rifle spy in a few hits with a pob.

Explanation: Melee are close-range weapons. They are not intended to hit things far away. The best thing a MC tank can do against drones is to run away and zone. If he tries to cut a drone in half and dies, it's only proof of his/her stupidity.

The anti-heal only affects heal/heal group but not the sanctum.
Ergo: NO SKILL PPU.
qed PERIOD.

hinch
09-06-04, 15:26
*cough* click my sig nine *cough* www.furious-angels.com in the NC section

phunqe
09-06-04, 15:27
So what have we concluded.

Sucky 5 dolla PPU < drones
picking your nose > this thread
<> > =

aaaalrighty then.

Keyol45743241
09-06-04, 15:33
Explanation: Melee are close-range weapons. They are not intended to hit things far away. The best thing a MC tank can do against drones is to run away and zone. If he tries to cut a drone in half and dies, it's only proof of his/her stupidity. Unless it's close quarter battle like in TH where the drone can't get out of reach - at which point the high frequency with out having to reload will completely and constantly blind the droner in question and swat their drones like flies. But then, it's close quarter battle anyway... :rolleyes:
The anti-heal only affects heal/heal group but not the sanctum.
Ergo: NO SKILL PPU.
qed PERIOD.Just trying to clarify: Anti Heal drones are now called Mosquito, the Gatling type drone is now called Raptor as originally intended. No anti heal drone was involved in the happenings leading to the untimely demise of a bunch of low/no skill ppus and their associated misfits :rolleyes::p

Anti heal drones give a "spell effect" which ends after... I think 5 seconds at which point it ceases every active heal spell (apart from the heal sanctum, which for whatever reason isn't considered a heal spell.. thanks KK, real brainpower here it seems :rolleyes: ). A Mosq is even useless if you do nothing but shoot anti heal darts at every enemy in sight at an opfight - tried and failed more than just once.

Keyol45743241
09-06-04, 15:36
Sucky 5 dolla PPU < dronesSucky 5 dolla PPU < anything, including a wee crab :rolleyes:

Parish
09-06-04, 15:36
[ edited ]

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 15:58
[ edited ]

anyways im pleased viruz said something, forgot they might of been spirit bullets but i still firmly believe the 12% droner damage increase was to much, u never know KK might of naffed that one up and made it 60% :rolleyes:

ezza
09-06-04, 16:02
im not sure that 12% would really boost the damage up to a level that could destroy ppus in that amount of time.

its only 12% higher than previously not 50% or anything like that.

i admit ive not been hit my a droner post patch, but i mean they cant suddenly be that tough.

it seems maybe you could of approached the situation tactically diffrent, the spies should of remained stealthing until they found the body, then i think there would of been a diffrent end to the story.

only person who had an excuse for taking the dive is the tank(more the melee) since they cant even reach the drones to attack

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 16:12
im not sure that 12% would really boost the damage up to a level that could destroy ppus in that amount of time.

its only 12% higher than previously not 50% or anything like that.

i admit ive not been hit my a droner post patch, but i mean they cant suddenly be that tough.

it seems maybe you could of approached the situation tactically diffrent, the spies should of remained stealthing until they found the body, then i think there would of been a diffrent end to the story.

only person who had an excuse for taking the dive is the tank(more the melee) since they cant even reach the drones to attack

like i say i forgot one of the spies could of had a spirit mod, and the melle tank was hitting the drone, it was staying at his level and shooting him, yet the melee tank still had to run before the drone killed him, and it did.

Nidhogg
09-06-04, 16:26
Any more flaming or trolling on this thread and it gets closed.

N

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 16:31
It's just the Troll mating season, niddy. They find a fertile field, then start rolling around in it. See, its been a long winter under those bridges of theirs. Let 'em have their little orgies.

See, what you mods need to do is make a new forum called - bitch wants to be slapped.

Everything OOC or flame-ish gets kicked to it... which frees up the Neocron forums for real discussions without 'tards pissing on it.

phunqe
09-06-04, 16:34
Basically you cannot have trolling/flaming/whatever section on an official forum. How would that look like :p

In an unofficial forum ok, but not in an official one :)

Strych9
09-06-04, 16:39
I never grow tired of the "we lost, so please nerf the victors" threads. Seriously.

:rolleyes:

Here is a tip people. Lets say that you have a tournament of runners, 1v1. Lets say that EVERYONE in the tournament agrees that EVERYONE in the tournament is 100% balanced in every way.

Guess what?

Someone will still win.

Stop letting yourselves think that balance has something to do with guaranteed outcomes.

You losing IS NOT THE SAME THING AS A LACK OF BALANCE.

Get over yourself, please.

sir retail
09-06-04, 16:42
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry to say..
but this is the best thread ever.

i laughing my ass off.

you cant always win..
i know its hard.. but thats like it is..
let it be.. let it be tra lalala (like the song)

the best will find a better opponent sometime.

AND THATS WHAT MAKES THIS GAME GR8

LiL T
09-06-04, 16:44
Drones need to be more targetable and don't give us this oh its not hard to find the droner the droner will have killed everyone before they find him

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 17:22

sorry to say..
but this is the best thread ever.

i laughing my ass off.

you cant always win..
i know its hard.. but thats like it is..
let it be.. let it be tra lalala (like the song)

the best will find a better opponent sometime.

AND THATS WHAT MAKES THIS GAME GR8

this thread wasnt based on how i lost, i dont mind, but what i do mind about is how much damage the drones did.

MrChumble
09-06-04, 17:30

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is like the funniest thing I've ever read. I'm glad you didn't name the PPU, it saves me going in game to laugh at them. How utterly crap would a PPU have to be to die to one droner O_o

ufora
09-06-04, 17:37
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is like the funniest thing I've ever read. I'm glad you didn't name the PPU, it saves me going in game to laugh at them. How utterly crap would a PPU have to be to die to one droner O_o

the ppu was solitaire :D j/k was it squirrel ? :D

jernau
09-06-04, 17:41
I personally have never found the dmg drones done overpowering in any sense, especially on my ppu.

What i dont like is the SERIOUS wall clipping drones can do, and the fact that one second the drone is right infront of u the next its 400 metres higher and further away. Fix wall clipping and shit and im happy with droners.
They aren't "wall-clipping", it's your client not updating often enough.

Disturbed021
09-06-04, 17:50
so the droner killed the capped ppu in about 4 bursts,
I have played with our clans PPUs and the damage drones do to them is laughable.
Apart from the mossys antiheal, drones actually barely tickle PPUs.
I have an almost capped Droner (168-170% damage on Raptors) and it takes maybe 5-6 bursts to take down an APU, so a PPU going down in 4 was either a bug or he had si and no buffs.

Its ppl that think they can stand out in the open getting pelted by gat ammo and not die that are going to continue to say droners are overpowered. :rolleyes: Name a class that you can stand out in the wide-open getting shot by and not die? APUs? HC/MC Tanks? Pistol/Rifle PEs/Spies? You can't. Drones are like snipers. If you're getting hit by a sniper are you going to stand there like an idiot getting shot? No you're going to find cover or put some distance between you and them.

Drones take a bit different tactics to combat than other classes. Drones hurt like a bitch, but they have to get kind of close to hit you and cannot shoot throw walls or objects. Run when you see one, use the landscape to your advantage, locate droners body, keel. All it really takes to kill a droner is either PPU buffs (cannot usually kill a PPU buffed anything with just one drone) or a stealthing spy (you cannot target what you cannot see).

/Edit and yes drones need to be targetted easier by those classes that have to aim.

sir retail
09-06-04, 17:58
found this on a differend forum..

>>>>>>
^there it is

im the PB drone, a silent spy called bruce is the raptor. it was awesome, but i think ur taking it a bit hard crazy, i would post this on the nc forums, but i cant cuz im banned.

the PPUs u had could not have been capped, they couldnt outheal my drone ffs, a TL 105 PB-4 (same TL as the CS ). and if they are capped, tell em to remove the psi resist chips from their heads and put in defensive chips.
good droners are severly gimped in all other areas, we need like 210+ in 2 skills to cap our drones, which sux.

>>>>>>
so its not me but just a copy

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 18:18
found this on a differend forum..

>>>>>>
^there it is

im the PB drone, a silent spy called bruce is the raptor. it was awesome, but i think ur taking it a bit hard crazy, i would post this on the nc forums, but i cant cuz im banned.

the PPUs u had could not have been capped, they couldnt outheal my drone ffs, a TL 105 PB-4 (same TL as the CS ). and if they are capped, tell em to remove the psi resist chips from their heads and put in defensive chips.
good droners are severly gimped in all other areas, we need like 210+ in 2 skills to cap our drones, which sux.

>>>>>>
so its not me but just a copy

thats gonna get edited for posting something from a banned user, and probably close this thread because of it, GG.

the ppu might not of had buffs i dunno, and like ive said 10 times now there was a sniper with a spirit modded SH around, but it happened.

Disturbed021
09-06-04, 18:24
thats gonna get edited for posting something from a banned user, and probably close this thread because of it, GG.

the ppu might not of had buffs i dunno, and like ive said 10 times now there was a sniper with a spirit modded SH around, but it happened.

So, lemme get this straight. There was 3 ppl shooting the PPU? A PB drone (enr/xray damage), a Raptor (Pierce/force/poison damage) and a Spirit modded SH? Against a possibly unbuffed PPU?
:lol: :lol: I certainly hope you still don't think drones are overpowered.

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 18:52
So, lemme get this straight. There was 3 ppl shooting the PPU? A PB drone (enr/xray damage), a Raptor (Pierce/force/poison damage) and a Spirit modded SH? Against a possibly unbuffed PPU?
:lol: :lol: I certainly hope you still don't think drones are overpowered.

it was the raptor which attacked the ppus, and i dunno if the ppu was buffed or not, if it was and there was someone shooting with an sh then i suppose it explains it, but

I
DONT
KNOW

Strych9
09-06-04, 19:09
I
DONT
KNOWWell in cases when you dont know, post the nerf thread first, ask questions later.

:wtf:

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 19:41
Well in cases when you dont know, post the nerf thread first, ask questions later.

:wtf:

yes what the fuck indeed :wtf:

i wish this thread was popular for a good reason :rolleyes:

MrChumble
09-06-04, 19:42
yes what the fuck indeed :wtf:

i wish this thread was popular for a good reason :rolleyes:

Some mod take pity on crazy and close this thread already :p

Strych9
09-06-04, 19:52
i wish this thread was popular for a good reason :rolleyes:You mean other than the fact that people are amused at how we have yet another thread where someone gets beat up and then begs for a nerf? You even have people posting responses from banned players to indicate how far off base you are.

Yeah, I wish there was more to it than that.

Good to see we agree on something here. ;)

Some mod take pity on crazy and close this thread alreadyAye. I second the motion.

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 20:04
You mean other than the fact that people are amused at how we have yet another thread where someone gets beat up and then begs for a nerf? You even have people posting responses from banned players to indicate how far off base you are.

Yeah, I wish there was more to it than that.

Good to see we agree on something here. ;)

Aye. I second the motion.

i got beat up, i admit, i get beat up most the time ( :p ) but this is more about how powerful the drones are, possibly how powerful they are now after this patch, but i dunno since i cant remember how much damage they did before the patch.

and the people posting messeges from banned users are posting them to disagree with me, so why would i get people to post those responces? :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 20:07
Crazy you made some good points about droners. However your first post makes you lose credibility, no offense. If a whole team of people died to 1 droner, then they are careless. If ANY ppu dies to a droner, he's not good AND he was careless.

Scragman
09-06-04, 20:11
erm ok...im completely new to this thread (and i can see some of you guys are pretty much camping on it =P) but i think both sides have points, ive been spanked by a lotta drones in my time and it is a serious pain in da backside sometimes to kill the things. However, having just started a droner myself i find it is infact damn hard to lvl. I think a lotta droners are just taking out frustration from their early lvling days, its a damn mission to drone lvl in aggies coz either people gank ur drone, or they gank you while ur droning...fine LE is an idea, but meh...its got too many side effects for my liking. Anyway, im not really taking either side...just thought i would put my view in, neh?

N1n3
09-06-04, 20:16
However, having just started a droner myself i find it is infact damn hard to lvl.

Capped my droner in 2 weeks, 3 hours every day. Nothing lvls so easy, and so fast like the droner. One of their rare advantages.

If u want to know lvling spots for a droner, and if u need low lvl drones on saturn, pm me.

Scragman
09-06-04, 20:20
lol...i envy people like you

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 20:24
Droners are piss easy to lvl. If i wasn't TP hunting off of WB's right now i probally would be close to cap around 97 or so. But i'm only like 80 or so with imps. Not a big deal since i need the TP's and what not. Once capped he is going to be my barter and maybe repair/recycle not sure yet.

Slaughter

Scragman
09-06-04, 20:26
meh, dont have that problem...god bless clan rare pools is all i say! plus im also busy capping tank...

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 20:31
meh, dont have that problem...god bless clan rare pools is all i say! plus im also busy capping tank...

I was in a clan with a rare pool. Going to be leaving it so i need my own TP's. I can't be asked to put up with that clan anymore. So untill i choose a clan/faction my chars are for higher to fight against CM/TG/FA and anyone else i dont like.

Slaughter

Scragman
09-06-04, 20:32
meh...wat clan were you in, and wat server?

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 20:37
"Order of the Knights Templar" Saturn Server

Slaughter

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 20:38
"Order of the Knights Templar" Saturn Server

Slaughter

I thought you thought it was a great clan with great people, etc...

What happened?

Scragman
09-06-04, 20:40
meh...move to Crahn and join Lost Souls...we getting pretty big these days, huge rare pool, beginnings of mc5 pool (i got my SA last week), big imp pool (me is in charge of that) and a good solid group of core players that are on most times

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 20:50
Capped my droner in 2 weeks, 3 hours every day. Nothing lvls so easy, and so fast like the droner. One of their rare advantages.

If u want to know lvling spots for a droner, and if u need low lvl drones on saturn, pm me.

youve just destroyed most of the things youve said to argue against my point :p
pwn3d might i add.

and i was angry when i made the first post because i tried everything and it didnt work, tactics, vehicles, stealthing, hiding, sniping, the drone could just fly up about 2000 feet and see everything, and use loads of other advantages it has.

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 20:52
@SD long story. Just tired of a certain persons shit. We can discuss over PM if you wish. I just dont want to mention names here.

@scragman Will think about it. Do you guys have a TS or vent server? Will also have to look to see who all is in your clan. Most of my chars have pretty good CS sympathy from killing so many FA's. Last i looked i think my APU had some where around 90.

Slaughter

SeXy Happy
09-06-04, 21:32
After reading all of this I am just going to have to show back up on Pluto with Dr. Oner...wonder what the server population is like on Pluto now adays?

Sigma
09-06-04, 21:36
youve just destroyed most of the things youve said to argue against my point :p
pwn3d might i add.

and i was angry when i made the first post because i tried everything and it didnt work, tactics, vehicles, stealthing, hiding, sniping, the drone could just fly up about 2000 feet and see everything, and use loads of other advantages it has.
might i ask WHERE did he destroy most of the things he said to argue against your point?

Jadzia Eleazar
09-06-04, 21:37
I
DONT
KNOW

You basically said that the PPU dropped dead, but you don't know wheter he was buffed and you only saw 2 drones. On the other hand, he might have been killed by a sniper with spirit mod or the sniper + droners working togehter.
Well, if you don't know, how dare you to demand a droner nerf?
PPL who don't know better STFU!

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 21:51
might i ask WHERE did he destroy most of the things he said to argue against your point?

uhm, it was a joke :wtf:

and @ jadzia whatevermehcallit
how dare i damand a drone nerf?
HOW DARE YOU post on my thread, now shoo.

sir retail
10-06-04, 09:24
discussion closed !!

or not 8|

Okey.. good moring eveyone.
i see the threat is still alive and nice to read.

I also started a droner on my 2nd account and i must say i love it.
its a compleet differend game when you play droner.
there are positive and negative points to it.
I personaly dont think they are overpowerd. But im totaly not close to have him capped.
I would like to recommend everyone to start a droner sometime.
first i was in love with my PE.. but later i thought my APU must be the gr8test thing..
And i thought droning sucks..
but no its verry nice.. also if you are playing alone its like you are in a team. When you fly the drone you have to look after a guy(or girl).. and thats youre char.. so its like you are a one man clan :)..

try it guys its fun.

i, also dont know why i had to put this on the screen but maybe im still a bit sleepy here at work.

greets.
btw.. for saturn players (hoodie is back) welcome back buddy.

winnoc
10-06-04, 10:02
Ah, good to see hoodie is back, i think he was in a clan with me a while ago (that is if it's the same hoodie).

Anyway, i'm leveling up a new droner, and i don't thinik they're overpowered.
Hell, if you get a stealther spy out there instead of a melee tank and apu's the droner is sure to be dead, escpecially if the spy used to be a sniper (know good hiding places in zones) of a droner himself.
A pistol spy can kill a droner in a few seconds.

It's all about different classes having different tasks. We don't expect the hc tanks to do the hacking as the spy takes on the rhino right?

P4mp3rk3
10-06-04, 10:31
uhm, it was a joke :wtf:

and @ jadzia whatevermehcallit
how dare i damand a drone nerf?
HOW DARE YOU post on my thread, now shoo.

if you have nothing better to say... :wtf:
now you're just trying to make a fool out of people that prove you wrong, you're not gonna win any discussions with that.