PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Item Restoration.

Shujin
08-06-04, 21:20
I was sitting here and an idea came to me.

When a you use an item so much and it breaks down to 0/0 there is absolutly nothing you can do about it.

Well how about using the Recycle ability to restore the items.
This is how I would see it happening:
A tank just used out the last of his 5 Slot CS and it is now 0/0.
He hunts down a set of CS parts to get his current one restored.
He takes all the parts to CS plus the 5 Slot CS he currently owns to a recycler.
The recycler says brb need to get lube and steals the cs and parts(jk ;])
ok ok back to the plot ;P
The recycler recieves the items and does a Restoration on the CS.
You must be at least half of the item's TL to restore it; however, the quality of the restoration is greater with higher the TL.
Since the recycler the tank with the broken went to is only TL65 then the CS only gets restored up to 52/52.

--
You may be asking yourself what would the purpose of this be if you have to get all the parts of the item to restore it?
The purpose would be to keep the slots you have :].

So basicly, you would have to get all the parts required to construct the item to restore it. If it were a hew liquid fire with 5 slots you would get the parts required for it, if it were a lazar pistol you would have to. If it were any implant you would have to( maybe you should only have to get half the parts required to do imps ).

slaughteruall
08-06-04, 21:25
Nope dont like it.

Underground
08-06-04, 21:56
ok idea, however theres one problem, games been live for 2 years, and ive still got my origonal weapons on sme of my chars and theyve still only needed 2 or 3 repairs O_o yet my termi has needed 5 reps in a few months O_o

The weapon degrade rate is whacked for something like this to be used...

superfresh
09-06-04, 14:28
Personally I think high repair skill should mean more than it currently does.

LTA
09-06-04, 14:31
Personally I think high repair skill should mean more than it currently does.
a-lot more

Generally like all the skills tho

220odd should make you like daddeh mac of the skill if you know what i mean heh

Liebestoter
09-06-04, 14:35
At 200+ repair you should be able to fix a CS just by looking at it heh. I don't like it when rares break, it makes me unhappy. Especially seeing that Wil used up all our CS parts constructing crappy 1 slotters.. grr. Maybe rework repair in such a way that when you repair an item, you can throw in some extra parts.. perhaps a few 100k worth.. to ensure no loss in quality.

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 14:38
Actually, shujin, that's an VERY interesting idea.. hmm, hmm.

Would need a minimum of 1.5x the TL of the item to have a chance of succeeding and getting condition up to 52/52... and if you got more, you got a chance of getting higher condition... like LTA says, being the daddeh mac of salvaging should make the restoration top out at 100/100.

It should also REALLY gorge on Catalytic Recycle Fluid. LIke 2, 3 large tubes each Restoration.

ZoomZoom
09-06-04, 14:39
ive never had a item 0/0 before mmmm well my 0 slot libby was close it was at 15/64 but then i was capped :) where is that libby u ask? i dunno :confused:

o yea ur idea yea i like it would be a kick in the nuts if ur best weapon went out of action

Liebestoter
09-06-04, 14:40
I've been playing since closed beta and I still dunno what Salvage does.. mainly because I've never played anything besides a Tank. Enlighten me.

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 14:48
Salvage : tear apart something to get chemicals and weapon/armor parts.

used on shit items and broken items and organics/scraps from mobs.