PDA

View Full Version : How is melee?

whifix
08-06-04, 19:02
I'm at work and just read about the nefs. Anyone fight someone who's melee now with these new changes in place? Has anything changed at all?

Benjie
08-06-04, 19:07
While I havn't seen in it play, it seems like melee is similar to most H-C in the sence that you benefit from attacking whilst standing still, and are disgouraged from attacking whilst moving.

I too am curious about this change, from both the Melee Tanks point of view, and from someone who has PvP'ed with a Melee Tank on length since the patch.

whifix
08-06-04, 19:19
Double nerfs too. They raised the drugs prices so melee PE's should be seen alot less. But you can count on Cut Throat to still be around :)

I didn't quite understand the patch notes. Did they raise how much stamina melee uses each swing or just set it up so that if you stand still you wont use stamina? Also they said that you have to stand still to use stamina boosters. Before you could run and still use stamina boosters. Did they change this?

LiL T
08-06-04, 19:21
Nope you can still use stam boosts while running

landofcake
08-06-04, 19:45
I'm currently making a Melee PE on Uranus ... and i dont think the changes will honestly change the way i play that much ... except i'll be putting more stamina boosters in my quickbelt :P

Strych9
08-06-04, 20:05
As a note about pointe needed to cap-

my bud has a non-capped melee tank. Still has like 20 points to allocate in Str, and he still caps his DG just like before the patch.

So if there was a change, it wasnt a big one.

Gohei
08-06-04, 20:14
Haven't noticed anything but the little higher stam drain. I still cap damage and have a shitload of STR over for FOR and transport... Can't beleve they didn't change the goddamn freezers

awkward silence
08-06-04, 20:19
I have a melee tank... the nerf is totally non existant str 76 210 points not allocated and i can can my DG (220).

Also i can run and eat stams.

Agent L
08-06-04, 20:26
before patch :
117 STR, 192 M-C = DG @ 178%, PoB @ 178%
113 STR, 180 M-C = DG @ 155%, PoB @ 166%

after patch :
117 STR, 192 M-C = DG @ 178%, PoB @ 178%
113 STR, 180 M-C = DG @ 147%, PoB @ 159%

/edit M-C, not H-C, thnx n3m

n3m
08-06-04, 20:30
im guessing you mean MC instead of HC agent?

whifix
08-06-04, 20:39
Wow. Thank you for all the information everyone.

Max Jefferson
08-06-04, 21:27
Running while slashing does gobble up stamina a hell of a lot more then it did before, in a NeoFrag match I was hitting my stamina booster 8 times in each duel.

Benjie
08-06-04, 21:47
So whats the overall impression?
It seems to me as if Melee still needs tweaking. Anybody out there think it's fine?

Max Jefferson
08-06-04, 21:52
It seems to me as if Melee still needs tweaking. Anybody out there think it's fine?After my 1 hour NeoFrag session, I think I can say it's pretty balanced, I won about half the duels I had against mostly HC tanks, and a couple Melees. The stamina drain increase helped balance it pretty well.

Drake6k
08-06-04, 21:52
It seems to me as if Melee still needs tweaking. Anybody out there think it's fine?

I think It's fine. As a PE I fought many different PoB tanks pre-patch and it didnt do stupid damage :wtf:

My melee PE isnt changed from the patch. I clone my drugs and x-strong gives +20 melee so I still cap PoT when I fight. Tai-Chi Sword is capped still...

So... I dont care. Just dont nerf me.

Clownst0pper
09-06-04, 11:26
I think its fine, i munch so many stamina boosters now its not even funny :(

N1n3
09-06-04, 11:28
melee is fine.

LTA
09-06-04, 12:17
Evil

PoB had my pe dead in about 7 clean hits, woulda been swift if i wasnt dancin, but man i had deflect, viper king, i have capped frc in str and good armour values on it and 30 dmg a swipe is insane for a stam chugger.
I chug stams and have to reload my pain easer in a fight can i dish out 60 dmg a burst plz?

N1n3
09-06-04, 12:21
TL 112 > TL 91. Try Healing Light instead of easer. Ur pe should try rog.

LTA
09-06-04, 12:31
TL 112 > TL 91. Try Healing Light instead of easer. Ur pe should try rog.
So because they can rip me in a few slashes i have to completely lom from low tech to high tech, try and obtain a sa just to have a fair duel vs a melee tank.

I could use the other low tech rifles....

Shit i forgot the ONLY other rifles are one thats tl 109 which is gonna be insanic to use in a fight anyway and the other isn't even implemented properly yet ...

I don't wanna be high tech heh i want my only choices of weps to be inline with everything else without having to dmg boost :(

amfest
09-06-04, 12:42
- Reworked melee's stamina use. Running while attacking can drain stamina, while standing or walking while attacking in most cases can not drain stamina. *Remember Stamina Boosters are instant, yet require player to stop to use so isn't an issue on instant side, just gives target a chance to get away*
heh someone seems to play with the arrow keys instead of wasd and didn't configure their quickbelt access slots close to their fingers cause It doesnt' take much for a FPS style player to reach over their "D" finger to hit most any number key without ever lifting theirfinger off their "W (fwd)" key.

they should get a clue. MAKE STAMINA BOOSTERS RECHARGE LIKE PSI BOOSTERS to an effect. If they contiune on this track . .melee is just going to get nerfed to kingdom come and there will be alot of pissed off melee users in the end.

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 13:39
they should get a clue. MAKE STAMINA BOOSTERS RECHARGE LIKE PSI BOOSTERS to an effect. If they contiune on this track . .melee is just going to get nerfed to kingdom come and there will be alot of pissed off melee users in the end.

Who cares if they are pissed or not. Things need to be balanced. How many other classes have been nerfed badly. Screw them they will get over it

Slaughter

LTA
09-06-04, 14:01
Make the poison resisted by shelter slightly please...

I think tbh it's the poison thats cainin everyone of cuz its resists or fuck all :(

Xylaz
09-06-04, 17:30
Make the poison resisted by shelter slightly please...

I think tbh it's the poison thats cainin everyone of cuz its resists or fuck all :(

Put some points into Resist Poison then? You know, it IS resist, like any other... :rolleyes:

LTA
09-06-04, 17:53
Put some points into Resist Poison then? You know, it IS resist, like any other... :rolleyes:
I have... and wore vk armour in a effort to try and reduce it... even changed my heart to a filter heart....

Original monk
09-06-04, 18:05
my bud has a non-capped melee tank. Still has like 20 points to allocate in Str, and he still caps his DG just like before the patch..

true, my guess its cause of the crazy imps they have ...

but now im stuck ya see: should i lom that littlebit of extra mellee so i can still be a hybridtank or is the next patch giving the same nerf but then working ... so i cant start over again ?

ya can keep lomming in this game ... yust remove the -40 si from a lom :/ 5 minutes every lom is a weekendkiller :/