PDA

View Full Version : Patch #200 Facts

Thanatos
08-06-04, 16:48
Patch Notes (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=512&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

FTP Patch Download (ftp://ftp.neocron.com/retailpatches/cp000200.pat)

Please keep this thread clear of comments, discussion etc. use the Discussion (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=100692) thread instead.

Thanatos
08-06-04, 16:53
Servers are back up. Enjoy!

Underground
08-06-04, 17:18
I just died while on 3 drugs, the second i died, i didnt drop dead, it was asif i was in synch, and could still talk O_o... could open RPOS etc

[Edit] First impressions sofar on melee stamina drain is that its dropping as fast as running with a gat cannon, only had 1 fight tho, so lemme look at it a bit more for a better view on it...

Thanatos
08-06-04, 17:29
Our online tool has been interfering with the Strange Book wipe, they should all be Milky Rens now. Sorry about that.

[TgR]KILLER
08-06-04, 18:15
why do i have the strange feeling e-mails are whiped ? i e-mail quite alot.. and have sended tons with mails.. and now i just log on and somebody just told me to check mail and there was none :( even after a relog and everything..

btw... ALT TAB FIX R0X :D:D:D ingame now but typing gg KK :D

Dribble Joy
08-06-04, 18:20
The dealer in p3 is still there ... O_o.

Underground
08-06-04, 18:21
The dealer in p3 is still there ... O_o.

Yea, they said they fixed his position, not deleted him O_o

Dribble Joy
08-06-04, 18:23
He is supposed to be in pp3 I thought? Not a safe zone.

Girian
08-06-04, 19:00
Drop from highlevel mobs is now utter crap (weaponpart 5 + implant part i in Chaser, no rares, Queen Av. or other spells in Chaos Queen, etc, etc, etc).

SorkZmok
08-06-04, 19:10
Got 2 strange books now. From what i heard on trade, there already have been at least 5 more strange books found. Is this the intended droprate?

[TgR]KILLER
08-06-04, 19:26
Got 2 strange books now. From what i heard on trade, there already have been at least 5 more strange books found. Is this the intended droprate?

i gues it aint :lol: cause i din't get even 1 strange book after the next patch till i hunted 6+ hours.. but as i said last patch i aint gonna hunt for books untill after 2 weeks or so :p

Skinfitz
08-06-04, 20:48
eocron.ini now also allows odd resolutions for the window mode and entries like "800*600" instead of "800x600". Use at your own risk!

Blimey - not a week since I posted up to brainport asking for this and here it is! - Seems to top out at 1600x1024 but still - it's bigger and therefore better!

Would be nice to think that it was my idea that prompted the patch, but I know it was already in development :lol:

steweygrrr
08-06-04, 21:41
Drop rate is borked in general. Killed 8 wabbits with my 73/xx droner and didnt even get an imp part out of them, just their base junk. Killed chasers and percis as well, they only dropped 2 items at a time at the most and the worst drop being a medical substance 7. Just that. From a chaser.

Dazist
09-06-04, 01:48
Not the most serious bug but bug none the less: In Plaza 1, Venture Warp store (above medicare) the chairs are actually tables and cannot be used as seating. This is on Saturn server.

Alan
09-06-04, 02:08
Has the issue with spirit ammo been sorted?? Granted it may need to be more off a challenge to make, than normal ammo, but the current situation is crazy.

Andronicus
09-06-04, 02:53
NCPD info (that tracks -SL runners) does not apear to be working. (I tried looking for my self and had -27 SL at the time).

The patch was supposed to allow anyone less than -17 be tracked correct?

garyu69
09-06-04, 02:55
Level 1 mobs of the tunnels no longer drop Level 2 imps it appears.

Richard Blade
09-06-04, 07:19
Not sure if this was fixed before, but..
Two droners raking in the xp with a ppu to damage boost the targets.(mobs)
All three in a team. All three with near equal rank.
The PPU gains no xp when near the meatsacks, but does gain xp near the drones.
The PPU's range works against him. He can target the mobs from a good distance away. The drones to preserve their lives need to move a lot.
They are constantly moving away from the PPU. So, he's only getting partial if any xp.

Maarten
09-06-04, 08:38
Mob loot drop is really bad. Finding a large hydraulic part in a warbot is as rare as finding a rare part a few weeks ago.

winnoc
09-06-04, 08:58
Yeah, the junk is almost nonexistant in warbots.

ichinin
09-06-04, 09:19
(Speaking of warbie loot)

Well, if so then rares are becomming rares again, only that i looted a few of em and got a few parts last night. Loot can appear to be down - but it can as well be temporary bad luck. It is possible to kill 10 warbies and get ZERO rareparts.. i've been there. As for strange book; i got one after looting 4 WB's, took quite some time before anyone shouted on Trade-NC that they also had one, unlike before, but that too can just be the luckfactor. (Please dont wipe again)

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-04, 10:29
strangebooks will get whiped again trust me.. thats a fact :p gave up hope on strangebooks way way back lol :) still can't figure out why they only give the termi a run and not the new drones or new melee weapons.. i still think they hate lowtech rifle PE's by "not" implenting their only other rare :mad:

i was gonna lom to hack but indeed heard everywere on all channels droprates were totaly nuked so aint gonna lom or hunt :/

athon
09-06-04, 10:55
NCPD info (that tracks -SL runners) does not apear to be working. (I tried looking for my self and had -27 SL at the time).

I believe you appear on the list at -32 SL

Athon Solo

J. Folsom
09-06-04, 10:58
I believe you appear on the list at -32 SL

Athon SoloIt was changed this patch to be below -16

athon
09-06-04, 11:07
Ahhh - missed that :wtf: - must've been the heat yesterday.

Athon Solo

Clownst0pper
09-06-04, 11:19
I dont want to sound funny.

But ill keep saying it...

The flash reduction claimed 2 patches ago, 60%, is no way 60% - so much so, its almost identicle to what it has always been.

Please hot fix it or something... :confused:

Underground
09-06-04, 14:07
Please fix the patrolling copbot in plaza 2 on pluto, hes just moonwalking up and down that little walkway to the gogo lol... cause of some fucked clipping by the gogo it keeps pushing people and they get stuck...

Mumblyfish
09-06-04, 14:12
Playing in Windowmode. Opening the RPOS has a really high chance of making the game hang. Not crash, just not respond at all.

Underground
09-06-04, 14:22
Playing in Windowmode. Opening the RPOS has a really high chance of making the game hang. Not crash, just not respond at all.

Im in windowed mode and i havent had any problems like that O_o

What i have noticed is :( im getting some citycom fatals again while opening NCPD and ClanAdmin pages. Hangs for about 5 seconds then *DiNk!* crash right to desktop, no fatal message... :(

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 14:37
What i have noticed is :( im getting some citycom fatals again while opening NCPD and ClanAdmin pages. Hangs for about 5 seconds then *DiNk!* crash right to desktop, no fatal message... :(

I've had this happen with hacking also. I seem to crash alot more often also.

Slaughter

Marx
09-06-04, 21:46
40 warbots netted me... 3 strange books, an L part, and a T part.

:wtf:

Maarten
09-06-04, 23:50
Ok, best and final proof that warbot loot is messed up:

Underground
10-06-04, 00:08
Had about 40 fatals sofar today, mostly while changing spells O_o Done a file check and theres nothing thats being picked up, might try a reinstall...

massic
10-06-04, 00:28
cannot recycle 2 implant parts of same level to obtain next higher level implant part.

Underground
10-06-04, 01:17
can not recycle DOY eyes anymore, its either removed, broken, or changed recipies...

Neo LoneWolf
10-06-04, 01:35
One odd thing with recycling - Tried to clone some 30mm (normal) ammo today using one of the the 2-square metal plates things and a medical substance 7.

The result was a stack of 255 of the things o_O

Kinda worried me at the time, not least because I was running away from a decayed brute after running out of ammo, and didn't quite have enough transport to handle the load . . . :eek:

SorkZmok
10-06-04, 02:01
20 warbots (16 WBs and 4 WBTs):

66 parts of small junk
13 parts of large junk (only 4 of those large hydraulic parts)
3 rare implants
6 rare parts
7 vehicle- or weaponparts, none higher than #6

Droprate seems to be ok, the rate of the good junk is way too low though. Especially with the expensive drugs now. Please increase the droprate of good junk again.

garyu69
10-06-04, 02:08
Just this moment cleared the Level 1 of DoY tunnels and not a single drop of a Level 2 Imp from the warriors.

Although the DoY bot things did drop good loot

SamuraiPizzaCat
10-06-04, 02:27
[ edited ] exploit is back
will people be banned for doing it?

Omnituens
10-06-04, 02:50
junk loot is def screwed

all i got from a grim chaser was: BLUE POISONGLAND!

Richard Blade
10-06-04, 04:59
Used four revenge drones on a warbot titan, three didn't do any damage at all. The fourth did some. It aggro'd the warbot onto my body even though I was half a zone away. Ok. I can deal with that. Killed it with another drone. However, a mad copbot who was between me and the warbot seemed to get aggro'd by the warbot and came right for my body. That's not right.

So..
1. Revenge drones might be messed up, I'll do more testing tomorrow.
2. Mob aggro funky while using Kami drones. They should have no clue where the body is. Or, maybe the initial target, but not any other non-attacked mobs.

manderf
10-06-04, 06:43
[ edited ]exploit is back
will people be banned for doing it?
NEVER!!!!!!

ichinin
10-06-04, 09:03
Was out hunting last night at my regular area, WB loot seem ok. Got several tech parts, large hydraulics and implants. Loot is not b0rked for me.

Also running in windowed mode, dont have much problems, maby 1 crash/hang a day over several hours.

winnoc
10-06-04, 09:07
Yesterday i was at mb driving my rhino on my constructor.
I wanted to test the repair speed and amount of my remote cst tool, so i went out to a group of 2 spiders a copbot and 2 wb's.

The all agroed on my, however, the wb's wouldn't shoot me if i was right next to them, then they would if i drove a bit further, i got lots of fire on me but my rhino didn't go down at all, it stayed at full health without me reparing it or anyone else in local.

rune1000
10-06-04, 11:30
Maybe Warbot loot is not broken / Bugged?

Yesterday I killed 2 x 120/120 Grims... and all I got was a C2 and a Blue Poisonlang. I mean... ani't I suppose to get junk too or maybe some implants and rare parts O_o

WHY CANT THEY TELL US WHATS GOING ON HERE DAMN IT... Is it broken or is it suppose to be crap now? :mad: :mad: :mad:

n3m
10-06-04, 11:37
junk loot is def screwed

all i got from a grim chaser was: BLUE POISONGLAND!same here ,and some fang from 5 diff doomies

n3m
10-06-04, 13:59
http://members.chello.nl/hjw.heezen/J/omfg.jpg

1x metalpipes in a fucking 120/120 *** GRIM CHASER
this is seriously fucked up

//edit:

Just lured a Chaser to a few TG guards, got a 81nc reward for killing it. Relfex 4 and E tp in it O_o

Riddle
10-06-04, 14:50
Cool Rpos from yer screenie any chance of the skin?

athon
10-06-04, 17:34
Cool Rpos from yer screenie any chance of the skin?
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?t=100594

Tycho C
10-06-04, 17:43
3 hours hunting fire mobs got me 1 strange book and 9 rare parts, that's just me.

My bud was there for an hour and probly got 3 parts.

SorkZmok
10-06-04, 20:53
Mob AI seems to be broken.
Was just stealthing past a TG guard who was fighting some fire mobs, but when i got close they all ignored the guard, suddenly turned on me and killed me. Even though i was stealthed and they didnt see me. And i activated my stealth far away, they couldnt have seen me before.

-FN-
10-06-04, 20:59
The Tangent Rocketpistol makes two firing noises when you fire it, even though only one rocket comes out. Is this normal?

Maybe Warbot loot is not broken / Bugged?

Yesterday I killed 2 x 120/120 Grims... and all I got was a C2 and a Blue Poisonlang. I mean... ani't I suppose to get junk too or maybe some implants and rare parts O_o

The rare part drop seems about right. I get about 1-2 parts per 5 kills where I could get one. However, it's funny someone said this because yesterday, I killed two Grim Chasers. One gave me a NEXT Component 2 and the other gave me a Battlevest 3. o_O

Dirus
10-06-04, 22:51
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]The Tangent Rocketpistol makes two firing noises when you fire it, even though only one rocket comes out. Is this normal

Been that way for as long as I can remember. So it's not a Patch #200 issue.

Underground
11-06-04, 02:48
nothing too big but random junk spawn in boxes has changed, theres now 3 items spawn in the boxes instead of 3, and its mostly armour parts or ammo now.

Divide
11-06-04, 04:16
Someone (ahemLupusahem) might want to check the dex exp for repairing a rhino, and figure out why there seem to be rhino repairing parties since the patch.

Also since the patch, Ive had to reinstall twice, and seem to get longer synchs between zones. These are the active synchs, I can attack/etc and see all chars and them attacking me, but since Im synchronizing, I cant move!

Thats all I can come up with so far, I think the game might fatal more this patch than ever, but uhh Im not entirely sure about that because it always seems like that.

DonnyJepp
11-06-04, 04:46
Someone (ahemLupusahem) might want to check the dex exp for repairing a rhino, and figure out why there seem to be rhino repairing parties since the patch.

Also since the patch, Ive had to reinstall twice, and seem to get longer synchs between zones. These are the active synchs, I can attack/etc and see all chars and them attacking me, but since Im synchronizing, I cant move!

Thats all I can come up with so far, I think the game might fatal more this patch than ever, but uhh Im not entirely sure about that because it always seems like that.

It's because they nerfed move-on poking experience, monkeys gotta cap it some how :p

{MD}GeistDamnit
11-06-04, 07:28
Was just stealthing past a TG guard who was fighting some fire mobs, but when i got close they all ignored the guard, suddenly turned on me and killed me. Even though i was stealthed and they didnt see me. And i activated my stealth far away, they couldnt have seen me before.

this happened to me at the OZ jail. I was stealthed before i went in, fully with a level 3 stealth tool, as soon as I turned the corner the guards shot me to death. :(

Also the crahn power cloak guy in the crahn hq entrance does not speak, nor do a lot of npc's. Also I got the bug where your vehicle health bar stays the same and you don't know it's broke till it blows up on you :/

ichinin
11-06-04, 09:53

Firemobs always attack whoever is closest, on some few occations i've been able to walk up and punch firemobs while someone else was shooting it and was unhurt. Example: at gabanium there was a NPC on the outside - got killed alot, so he was moved inside the fence. I remember getting him killed 2 times because i was dragging a horror with me past him..

IceStorm
11-06-04, 16:30
this happened to me at the OZ jail. I was stealthed before i went in, fully with a level 3 stealth tool, as soon as I turned the corner the guards shot me to death.Jailhouse guards can see through stealth. It's been like this since the jailhouse went in. If your soul light is high enough they shoot you, stealthed or not.

I used an obliterator to scope out the DoY tunnels at Gabanium. None of the mobs saw me until the Obliterator wore off.

Archeus
11-06-04, 16:35
Jailhouse guards can see through stealth. It's been like this since the jailhouse went in. If your soul light is high enough they shoot you, stealthed or not.

All SL based guards are immune to stealth. Found that out trying to walk out the main NC gate while stealthed.

Nidhogg
11-06-04, 17:16
Also the crahn power cloak guy in the crahn hq entrance does not speak, nor do a lot of npc's. Also I got the bug where your vehicle health bar stays the same and you don't know it's broke till it blows up on you :/
The PA Runs have been removed in preparation for PAs being available for purchase. Unfortunately they're not actually for sale yet which means there's a certain (and recognised) gap in supply right now.

N

/edit - the PA runs have temporarily been restored until the vendors are stocked.

Carinth
11-06-04, 17:41
I can alt tab now, but for the first time I get a bug that lots of other ppl used to get. The icons for existing buffs vanish when I return from being alt tabbed. Only way to get them back is to relog.

Disturbed021
11-06-04, 19:49
I can alt tab now, but for the first time I get a bug that lots of other ppl used to get. The icons for existing buffs vanish when I return from being alt tabbed. Only way to get them back is to relog.
I've always had that and tbh I didn't know there were some ppl who didn't. Lucky bastages :D

They always either disappear upon my return from alt+tab or they fade away shortly after and earlier than they actually should. Annoying to say the least.

DonnyJepp
12-06-04, 07:42
Twice tonight I've logged in with "resume" and it's logged me onto the wrong character, most definately not the same char I was most recently logged in with.

Anyone else notice this?

D

Underground
12-06-04, 17:43
World map always seems to show my location 1 zone south of where i am O_o

Zaq
12-06-04, 23:44

Aye its not working. Noone ever shows up on it and I know there were people with red SL about.

nobby
13-06-04, 01:02
[ edited ]