PDA

View Full Version : THREADS MERGED - Patch #200 Discussion

Thanatos
08-06-04, 14:42
Patch Notes (http://www.neocron.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=512&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0)

Please do not quote the complete notes in your posts!

- Fixed the Speedgatling requirements (removed TC).
- Spirit Bullets now remove Shelter instead of Deflector.
- NCPD Terminal Info now display the Runners with a Soullight lower than -16.

- Gave the drug dealers in PP3, MB1 and TG fixed positions and changed Dagger in the OZ jail so he only sells illegal drugs. However, these dealers charge 5 times the normal price, to encourage P2P trade.
- Removed high level drugs from all outpost traders and other traders who offered them. The new drug dealers should be the only NPCs selling them now.
- Added part-recycling. It is now possible to recycle two parts into the next higher part (e.g. two Weaponpart 7 recycle into one Weaponpart 8).
- Fixed a flaw in the loot algorithm responsible for the high drop rate of the strange books and reduced the book drop rate.
- Wiped the Strange Books. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Replaced the WPL bonus from the Rigger buffs by a TRA bonus.
- Fixed NeMa inventory icons.
- Fixed Spy rifle PA.

- Increased Drone damage by 12%.
- Icreased L-100, GAL-100, & GAL-3000 Drones RoF to match TL-100's RoF.
- Reworked melee's stamina use. Running while attacking can drain stamina, while standing or walking while attacking in most cases can not drain stamina. *Remember Stamina Boosters are instant, yet require player to stop to use so isn't an issue on instant side, just gives target a chance to get away*
- Melee users now need to invest more points to cap damage.
- Removed the PSI hybrid penalty (having a high APU skill reduced the effectiveness of PPU and vice-versa). This penalty was only 5% and the "new" PSI module requirements are quite effective regarding Hybrids.

- Fixed ALT+TAB blackscreen issue.
- Fixed client not working anymore on older video cards (e.g. Voodoo3).
- Fixed missing emotes for some player classes & PAs.
- Fixed vehicle shots not visible for anyone except the gunner.
- Worked on "You've gained a little sympathy with ..." spam.
- Added code to detect and repair corrupt ini/player.ini files.
- Added code to detect corrupt ini/keys.ini files, uses ini/keys.def instead.
- Neocron.ini now also allows odd resolutions for the window mode and entries like "800*600" instead of "800x600". Use at your own risk!

- Recompiled the TH1 map. The gravlifts should be accessible again.

garyu69
08-06-04, 14:46
i <3 you

Garg [RogueNET]
08-06-04, 14:46
great patch... SEX EMOTE!!!

jernau
08-06-04, 14:48
- Increased Drone damage by 12%. I like this style of note, as opposed to "X balanced".

Jailbird
08-06-04, 14:49
thought i was first post o_O

am a slow reader i guess.

anyways, good job KK. now Recycling is very usefull i guess. I hope you also introduce many stuff to recycling too.

but how much recycle you need to make 2x weapon part 7 to an 8? and does more recycle help? like if you got more can you make 2 x 7 to a 2 x 8 or 1 x 7 to a 1 x 8 or whatever?

Drake6k
08-06-04, 14:51
[COLOR=Red]

It looks like my Melee PE is the only character that is going to get fucked by this. I bet I wont be able to gun vehicles anymore. :(

Garg [RogueNET]
08-06-04, 14:51
ugh.... nevermind post

Maester Seymour
08-06-04, 14:53
- Fixed ALT+TAB blackscreen issue.

ty KK :D

hmm, will the PA's and holovests NPC's be coming in this patch too by any chance?

DonnyJepp
08-06-04, 14:54
/me watches MightyMax's head explode from keeping up with the changes

heh fixed TH lifts, nice one, any chance they fixed the emergency exit out of TH 1 also, please please?

ooo they removed the hybrid maalus too, n33t :)

Jeros82
08-06-04, 14:55
- Fixed missing emotes for some player classes & PAs.

Only one thing to say.....

SEX

Drake6k
08-06-04, 14:55
Wait a second...

2 HOURS!?

jernau
08-06-04, 14:56
TH lifts fixed - Woot, at last. Thanks for that guys.

Can you wash the poop off the walls in the next patch?

SorkZmok
08-06-04, 14:57
It looks like my Melee PE is the only character that is going to get fucked by this. I bet I wont be able to gun vehicles anymore. :(Uhm what do you expect with 60 str?

jernau
08-06-04, 14:58
Wait a second...

2 HOURS!?They need the time to sneak into all our appartments, steal one sock each and move our car keys.

garyu69
08-06-04, 14:58
You missed that off originally ;)

Does this mean there might be more attacks on TH ;)

n3m
08-06-04, 15:00
melee = sexy I hope
th = sexy
recycle = sexy
alt-tab = sexy

sonds like a great patch, nice job

phunqe
08-06-04, 15:00
- Replaced the WPL bonus from the Rigger buffs by a TRA bonus.

If it's one thing droners have plenty of, it's transport :p Basically because resist force is useless (cannot take any damage anyway).
Why was this changed? I think the +WPL is more welcomed no? :)

Other than that, excellent patch. Will be interesting to see the new drone damage and melee changes :)

Oath
08-06-04, 15:01
- Reworked melee's stamina use. Running while attacking can drain stamina, while standing or walking while attacking in most cases can not drain stamina. *Remember Stamina Boosters are instant, yet require player to stop to use so isn't an issue on instant side, just gives target a chance to get away*

HUH!

o_O o_O 8|

- Added part-recycling. It is now possible to recycle two parts into the next higher part (e.g. two Weaponpart 7 recycle into one Weaponpart 8).

Does this extend to all parts? eg vehicle components?

Archeus
You missed that off originally ;)

Too many turrets at that entry point for the lifts to make it possible beyond stealthing in. Add to that people getting falsely reported for fighting in TH1, its not worth it.

Btw, does this mean the bug in TH1 has gone?

As for the emergency exit, it is only for FA as there are so many turrets in there it would be impossible to pass without dying.

Dont Mess
Where Are The Pa Vendors

Benjie
08-06-04, 15:03
The drugs should sell in Black Dragon Secret HQ, not the Outzone Jail.

City Mercs, TG, Fallen Angels. They all get there own faction building items, so why can't Black Dragon have theres?

And remove the escador traders!

Drake6k
08-06-04, 15:04

Maybe if the turrets didnt shoot us through the walls. ;)

I have 3 apartments there anyways if I wanted to leave.

phunqe
Oh and also, the part-recycling thing seems really sexy. Nice to see added features for the trade skillers out there :)

(bah, sorry for double post)

Drake6k

That is one of the stupidest things KK has ever done.

GurTjaN
yea ! melee needed some changes and cool idea of the new way to recycle and buy Illegal drugs....

good patch *hugs*

Original monk
08-06-04, 15:05
- Removed the PSI hybrid penalty (having a high APU skill reduced the effectiveness of PPU and vice-versa). This penalty was only 5% and the "new" PSI module requirements are quite effective regarding Hybrids.

MELLEE: BOO, for not wanting hybrid tanks
HYBRIDMONKS: YIPIE, for finally getting rid of that last 5% nerf

edit: how much ya need to cap mellee now ... it seems i better go full mellee :/ cookiecutters pleasure :(

Benjie
08-06-04, 15:07
I just hope that runing while attacking with a melee weapon drains a *lot* of stamina. They should require quickbelts full of Stam Boosters like monkeys do.

phunqe
08-06-04, 15:07

I was wondering that myself. I mean the obvious protection against the SH is the deflector. Shelter as well yes, but the deflector is the main damage blocker in this case.
It would seem logical if the spirit bullets removed deflector then?

Or what is the thought behind the change? :)

J. Folsom
08-06-04, 15:08
Why was this changed? I think the +WPL is more welcomed no? :)Weapon lore has no effect on drones, so a bonus to transport is better.

That is one of the stupidest things KK has ever done.I'm guessing that this is too encourage teamwork, Sniper shoots the PPU, everyone pulls out the energy weapons to kill him/her.

slaughteruall
08-06-04, 15:09
MELLEE: BOO, for not wanting hybrid tanks
HYBRIDMONKS: YIPIE, for finally getting rid of that last 5% nerf

It was way to easy to cap melee as it was. Was a long needed change. I hope they make it similar to HC now. Will have to check when i get home.

Good now remove some of those turrets and where good.

Slaughter

Benjie
I was wondering that myself. I mean the obvious protection against the SH is the deflector. Shelter as well yes, but the deflector is the main damage blocker in this case.
It would seem logical if the spirit bullets removed deflector then?

Or what is the thought behind the change? :)
I think it's so Snipers can't easily remove someones deflector and kill them solo, and that Spirit mods become more usefull in team situations. More of a support weapon than a Solo Gank weapon.

Perhaps they are going to make them a bit more common now...

mishkin
I hope it was partially my whining lately about the TH lifts that got them to do something about it :D

I talked to that guy, what's his name.... Iorghe iirc.... said he'd "look into it" :) apparently he did :cool:

phunqe
08-06-04, 15:10
Weapon lore has no effect on drones, so a bonus to transport is better.

BAH, petty details :p :p

Was reading WPW really :)

Freeejumper

omg now you finally killed the ppus ... we did the last days some non monk attacks at some ops just with spys and 1 pe ... 1 spy had a spirit silent hunter and we pwned the monks ... well no a monk will go down faster then 1 sec i think :( even 1 spirit spy with the old bullets could kill a ppu :( but the rest is really cool :) aaaaaannnd you post number is kewl hehe

Drake6k
I'm guessing that this is too encourage teamwork, Sniper shoots the PPU, everyone pulls out the energy weapons to kill him/her.

My point is PPUs will now die instantly and will become worthless.

phunqe
08-06-04, 15:11
I think it's so Snipers can't easily remove someones deflector and kill them solo, and that Spirit mods become more usefull in team situations. More of a support weapon than a Solo Gank weapon.

Perhaps they are going to make them a bit more common now...

Yeah I realized that about half a minute later :p

So it's good I guess. Snipers need to get more into the team, good for spies indeed :)

Spikadelia
08-06-04, 15:11
Strike TWO!

Ok one more strike........ (DoY release) and Neocron can assume the mantle of greatness it has always aspired to. The last two patches have really pushed the game on, this one will pull back the mad melee phenomena and also give everyone playing Psi Monks much more options.

Great work. (takes hat off, cuts into slices and eats) :D

J. Folsom
08-06-04, 15:13
My point is PPUs will now die instantly and will become worthless.The same could be said about the old version, the only difference being that people will now pull out the high-tech weapons instead of the low-tech ones.

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:14
What is up with the terminator run? you "fixed" the book drops, so now what?.. we get to have a "rare book" or is the run implemented and ready to go in retail? this is all I care about in this patch :/

Candaman
08-06-04, 15:15
Please do not quote the complete notes in your posts!

Now can we talk about making PSI Combat 3 self cast plz for hybrids

phunqe
08-06-04, 15:16
The same could be said about the old version, the only difference being that people will now pull out the high-tech weapons instead of the low-tech ones.

The more I think of it, the more I like the change to be honest.
Maybe the reliance on APUs in a fight is toned down now. Man, that would be great indeed.

Being able to antishelter people without APUs. Quite cool for clans without a massive APU backing :)

This is indeed something good for the fighting team spy.

EDIT: Now can we please have the spirit bullets at our local A&W vendor? :p :p *runs away*

jernau
08-06-04, 15:16
What is up with the terminator run?
They didn't intend a Rare rifle to drop like Milky Rens off an Aggy.o_O

Original monk
08-06-04, 15:17

what about lowering holy energy halo, regular firehalo and holy poisonhalo to 118-120-122 ? :P it will yust bring em in line :)

Exodia
08-06-04, 15:18
[QUOTE=Thanatos

- Increased Drone damage by 12%.
- Icreased L-100, GAL-100, & GAL-3000 Drones RoF to match TL-100's RoF.
[/QUOTE]

I only take those points that realy a mess!
1) I gonna flame about melee tanks witch are the totaly pain in the ass! (Yes i know i was say diff some time ago) They can kill PPU's (not the best but still), BUT THEY KILL EVERYTHING beside a damn PPU in like 5 secs! I mean ok vs a lower skilled melee Tank most still got a chance. But if he know what to do ur chanceless!
2) Incrase Drone DMG? Are u ppl ever play this Game? I dont realy know about PvM DMG on Drones but what i know is that Drones does a lott DMG in PvP! And now u incrase DMG???
3) Spirit Bullets remove Shelter? Hello? Whats ya Goal? U whant to destroy a own game faster then ya did till now? U whant all ppl join uber mega big Clans? So they can Zerg and got personal to take the Spirit Spys with them to a OP fight? U realy whant to destroy all small Clans that may whant OP Fights?
Great Work KK!! All time great work! Wonder if ya got players for BDOY if u go on that stupid and destructive way!

-=Bl@de=-
I wanna know if we STILL have to wait for the term runs to be implemented? or are we looking at waiting a while

Candaman
what about lowering holy energy halo, regular firehalo and holy poisonhalo to 118-120-122 ? :P it will yust bring em in line :)

no because self cast psi3 gives u ability to reach pa's

Exodia
08-06-04, 15:20
Yeah I realized that about half a minute later :p

So it's good I guess. Snipers need to get more into the team, good for spies indeed :)

? Why? Remove shelt then fire with DIS, FL or HL on them and they will drop as well ...

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:20
They didn't intend a Rare rifle to drop like Milky Rens off an Aggy.o_O

what are you talking about? I asked if the run is in the game now that the book drop is "fixed". If it is not in game now then who gives a shit they "fixed" the drop ?

Original monk
08-06-04, 15:21
no because self cast psi3 gives u ability to reach pa's

its not a no, its an if :P

when they dont want to get selfcasted psi3 they can lower some req's :P

or the other way around ffcourse

(ya gotta start low with KK, there afraid of big hybrid changes, and psi3 is big, considering the fact that its impossible to selfcast that spell since euh, lol, loong time ago)

Oath
08-06-04, 15:23
Welcome back to hybrid hell :/

My poor tank :p

jernau
And make HL a PPU spell ;).

Candaman
and what if u want to use other spells than holy energy halo?

J. Folsom
1) I gonna flame about melee tanks witch are the totaly pain in the ass! (Yes i know i was say diff some time ago) They can kill PPU's (not the best but still), BUT THEY KILL EVERYTHING beside a damn PPU in like 5 secs! I mean ok vs a lower skilled melee Tank most still got a chance. But if he know what to do ur chanceless!Read please, Melee tanks have been nerfed, but in a subtle way. please coment again after trying it out with the new patch, thank you.

3) Spirit Bullets remove Shelter? Hello? Whats ya Goal? U whant to destroy a own game faster then ya did till now? U whant all ppl join uber mega big Clans? So they can Zerg and got personal to take the Spirit Spys with them to a OP fight? U realy whant to destroy all small Clans that may whant OP Fights? What difference does it make with the current removing of Deflector? You're acting like it's something completely new, it's not, the only difference is it now removes Shelter instead of Deflector.

phunqe
08-06-04, 15:24
? Why? Remove shelt then fire with DIS, FL or HL on them and they will drop as well ...

Read my sentence about clans not having massive APU backing. As it is now, I think we currently have 2 APUs o_O in our clan of 57 members o_O. So what happens when we meet someone with like 10e5 APUs? Take a guess :p
Often only 1 is on as well, so when he/she drops, what do we antibuff with? Telekinesis? :p

Getting quite sick of the APU reliance to be honest :p

Also, spirit bullets are not that common you know.

RayBob
08-06-04, 15:25
- Melee users now need to invest more points to cap damage It was fun messing around with a hybrid tank. Was anyone even bitching about hybrid tanks? :confused: Oh well, more specialization and less variety.

J. Folsom
what are you talking about? I asked if the run is in the game now that the book drop is "fixed". If it is not in game now then who gives a shit they "fixed" the drop ?
If the drop is fixed, the run will be worked on. The reason they don't instantly implement the run now it has been fixed is because they want to be 100% certain it has been fixed first, the easiest way to do so is by simply putting the changes on retail and keeping track of the amount of strange books found.

Freeejumper
and after a hybrid can selfcast psi combat 3 hybrids ... you will ask if they can make hybrids able to fly right ? :P

Original monk
08-06-04, 15:26
Welcome back to hybrid hell :/

My poor tank :p

the 5% aint changing alot i think ... liiitlebit more damage% yeah ...

HL ppuspell ?? mm OK :D

@ cannings: ya know that KK and like 99% of this forum is afraid (not to say they hate) hybrids wich use anything more then a halo :) no-one gonna vote yes to boost a hybrid so he gets to HL or even any beam :) not when he has decent defense, and a PE style defense/apu style hybrid still doesnt have crazy defense ...

Candaman
08-06-04, 15:26
and after a hybrid can selfcast psi combat 3 hybrids ... you will ask if they can make hybrids able to fly right ? :P

is everyone missing the fact that they put all spells req's through the roof every other class can combat buff themself y can't hybrids

jernau
08-06-04, 15:27
The run will be in when the drop is fixed for pretty obvious reasons : They can keep trying the drop-rate till it's right and fix any mistakes with a book-wipe. If they add the run the books turn into guns which they can't wipe because then people who already have them would lose their guns.

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:27
If the drop is fixed, the run will be worked on. The reason they don't instantly implement the run now it has been fixed is because they want to be 100% certain it has been fixed first, the easiest way to do so is by simply putting the changes on retail and keeping track of the amount of strange books found.

so basically we have to wait till next patch to do the run :(

jernau
08-06-04, 15:30
At least. :(

It looks like KK aren't too good at Jenga ;)

I just hope they set the drop rate very low.

Thanatos
08-06-04, 15:30
No, the run can be implemented anytime. As the book drop should work as intended now, it shouldn't be too long before the run is implemented.

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:33
No, the run can be implemented anytime. As the book drop should work as intended now, it shouldn't be too long before the run is implemented.

Hmm you mean a GM can spawn the run guy like the old crahn power cloak guy in the wastelands?

O and thanks a lot for clearing that up :D

Dribble Joy
08-06-04, 15:36
Indeed, the terminator and the books are ingame, npcs and a run can be added without a patch.
However the npcs would not be hardcoded in, so people could kill them if they aren't in a safe zone.

Btw.. why the drone dmg change? O_o
I hope this means taking them to TS dmg lvls, because (although some drones needed it) others are going to be reallllly overpowered.

Re. the spirit mod effects.
If it was deflector, then a group of two snipers could gank a PPU in a matter of seconds.
Now it is S only, you need someone to get in there with an energy weapon.
Besides, any PPU worth his salt will have the s back up in a flash.

SorkZmok
08-06-04, 15:38
is everyone missing the fact that they put all spells req's through the roof every other class can combat buff themself y can't hybridsIf psi combat would be selfcast again you could make holy shelter/hl setups again.

Original monk
08-06-04, 15:39
can you buy the monkPA etc in the shop now ???

why does mellee amount to reach the melleecap gets nerfed ?

why doesnt KK likes hybridtanks ?? do they think there overpowerd ? there gimped even lol, even with a kami :)

nm, ill lom my tank full mellee, now that i did half allready :/

this is a great day for cookiecuttertanks :/ this is a great day for cookiecutterlovers :/ this isnt a great day for people that would like to try sumthing diffrent for a change ...

Candaman
firestorm X 2 + spirit bullet = dead ppu

[TgR]KILLER
O.o TH lifts fixed.. SEX fixed.. alt tab fixed.. and hopefully strange book drops fixed..

<3 KK :D :D :D :D :D :D

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:43
[QUOTE=Dribble Joy]Indeed, the terminator and the books are ingame, npcs and a run can be added without a patch.
However the npcs would not be hardcoded in, so people could kill them if they aren't in a safe zone.
[QUOTE]

Like the monk PA guy in the wastelands, I hope they make the terminator run guy in a safezone or give him godmode or something :p

Strych9
08-06-04, 15:44
The melee change is NOT really a hybrid nerf. I mean it is, but thats not their goal.

The goal with that change, I believe, was to stop people from capping melee so quick and easy. If you think melee is overpowered, part of the reason why is that a tank has EVERY weapon capped before they can even use it.

Now maybe the change will prolong the time it takes to cap the damage on melee, so only the highest level tanks with a lot of points invested can do so.

Huzar
08-06-04, 15:44
very nice patch !

I'm only woried about Drone dmg, no one complained abut it.
I read that is hard to cap best drones, but damage was fine, right?

Ozambabbaz
08-06-04, 15:45
firestorm X 2 + spirit bullet = dead ppu

with HAS, HAB etc in the game, i don't see any problems

Siygess
08-06-04, 15:46
If it was deflector, then a group of two snipers could gank a PPU in a matter of seconds. Now it is S only, you need someone to get in there with an energy weapon. Besides, any PPU worth his salt will have the s back up in a flash.

Unless I've missed something about the Spirit Mod and the Spirit Bullets, isn't this going to be a bit of a pain for PE's, too? (Not that any sniper is going to prioritise a PE over a Monk in a fight)

Original monk
08-06-04, 15:47
The melee change is NOT really a hybrid nerf. I mean it is, but thats not their goal.

The goal with that change, I believe, was to stop people from capping melee so quick and easy. If you think melee is overpowered, part of the reason why is that a tank has EVERY weapon capped before they can even use it.

Now maybe the change will prolong the time it takes to cap the damage on melee, so only the highest level tanks with a lot of points invested can do so.

ok thats a true and a nice and acceptable reason, but this also means that every hybridtank is utterly crap and useless now, i didnt try it yet ... but when KK does something, they do it good, and i mean real good.

9 outta 10 ya can say goodby to hybridtanks ... guess its time for a hybridspy then :/

Houston
No, the run can be implemented anytime. As the book drop should work as intended now, it shouldn't be too long before the run is implemented.[ edited ]

Candaman

PPU's can see HAS and HAB and have 3 secs to prepare for it spirit ammo is instant and unseen

phunqe

only difference is, you can clearly see HAB and other spells in that "family". Also, you are often close enough to hear the antibuff sound. With sniper bullets, you won't hear a sound and you won't get a damage indicator either.
Could be a tad too strong. We'll have to see in the next upcoming fights :D

EDIT: *goes back in time and changes Candaman's post :p*

Xylaz
08-06-04, 15:48
My point is PPUs will now die instantly and will become worthless.
Awesome

Ozambabbaz
08-06-04, 15:49
PPU's can see HAS and HAB and have 3 secs to prepare for it spirit ammo is instant and unseen

true, sniping is quite difficult tho, keeping the aim on, good sniper spot that gives cover+allows to see target for obstacles, in the event of an OP battle with 6-50 runners battling, it's nigh-on impossible to stay targetted on an individual from afar

phunqe
08-06-04, 15:49
Awesome

:p

When spirit bullets will become more available, yes then we might have a slight problem. But up until then I think we're fine :)

Samhain
08-06-04, 15:50
I like the melee changes. At OP fights (with PPU buffs of course) my 2-day old tank caps his CS including aiming and capped his PoB. Good to see I have reason to get the extra 10 STR levels.

Genty
08-06-04, 15:52
If psi combat would be selfcast again you could make holy shelter/hl setups again.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

You sure?

Holy Shelter requires 138 PPU 81 MST
HL requires 141 APU 83 MST

Psi Combat booster gives +20 APU +16 MST but requires the same as the Holy Shelter to cast it

141 - 20 = 121
You need 81 mst to cast the booster
PPU you need 138

Without PA...I can get both those APU and PPU correctly.....with psi core and DS...however that leave me with 18 MST and 45 PPW (if i have both exp-psi 3 and 2 in)

Ok...now with PA's

APU = 121 - 8 = 113 (PA1)
PPU = 138 - 12 = 126 (PA2)

With this it is possible to get that setup with the correct amount of MST and have enough for 61 PPW (with imps) Also if all Int goes into PSU you will be left with a psi pool of 266.

Possible. Although it ain't easy to change PA's in the head of the battle, also i dunno about the % that you will get on the spells.

Just roughly worked that out now if psi combat booster was made self castable. (Perhaps up to level 2 only would be more viable)

EDIT: Correction with Psi Combat Booster. If this was allowed it would not overpower hybrids IMO. (Coming from a man who just deleted his Hybrid)

Candaman
08-06-04, 15:54
and don't forget of the 200% u'd get on the hl/shelt

Ivory
08-06-04, 15:58
are the spirit bullets still rare or are they common as muck?

SjanTeN^
08-06-04, 15:59
I like it all. ;)

jernau
08-06-04, 16:02
are the spirit bullets still rare or are they common as muck?
Still ultra-rare.

Tycho C
08-06-04, 16:02
Sweet, only need 256 vch part 1's to make one vch part 9 !!

If it works for vch parts :)

Ivory
08-06-04, 16:03
Still ultra-rare.

cool won't have to worry about it that much :)

Freaky Fryd
08-06-04, 16:04
the spirit bullets are really common, it's the spirits mods that are hard to get

Ivory
08-06-04, 16:07
the spirit bullets are really common, it's the spirits mods that are hard to get

ah kk.

Strych9
08-06-04, 16:10
ok thats a true and a nice and acceptable reason, but this also means that every hybridtank is utterly crap and useless now, i didnt try it yet ... but when KK does something, they do it good, and i mean real good.Do you think Hybrid tanks should have been acceptable really to begin with? And plus, almost any tank could be a "hybrid tank" with minimal effort.

Being a hybrid tank was WAAAAY to easy. How many rifle/pistol PEs or Spies do you see running around? We know how hard the point management is for hybrid monks. But tanks... being a hybrid tank is almost not worth mentioning.

First, a hybrid tank only has two combat skills to worry about in their main skill- MC and HC. While a Spy or PE must contend with RC/PC/TC in Dex and a monk has everything in Psi.

Second, with self buffs, a tank can get 185 MC and 186 HC at the same time. No other hybrid variant in the game can get anywhere CLOSE to that. Also, no other hybrid variant can use the best possible weapons in both categories of specialization.

So while I have yet to see how this works in game, I am not against the nerfing of hybrid tanks at all.

Original monk
08-06-04, 16:16
Do you think Hybrid tanks should have been acceptable really to begin with? And plus, almost any tank could be a "hybrid tank" with minimal effort.

Being a hybrid tank was WAAAAY to easy. How many rifle/pistol PEs or Spies do you see running around? We know how hard the point management is for hybrid monks. But tanks... being a hybrid tank is almost not worth mentioning.

First, a hybrid tank only has two combat skills to worry about in their main skill- MC and HC. While a Spy or PE must contend with RC/PC/TC in Dex and a monk has everything in Psi.

Second, with self buffs, a tank can get 185 MC and 186 HC at the same time. No other hybrid variant in the game can get anywhere CLOSE to that. Also, no other hybrid variant can use the best possible weapons in both categories of specialization.

So while I have yet to see how this works in game, I am not against the nerfing of hybrid tanks at all.

yeah yeah i know ... im yust pissed off that i lommed to hybridtank about a week ago ... same as with the daamn epicchippoking that is nerfed now ... all i can see in this patch is: hey original, its lommingtime again, now ya gotta know what you gonna do this whole weekend he ... egoistical i know, but i enjoyed running around with a capped pob to pull out my 131% damage devourer or cs once in a while ... overpowerd ?? no way ... but i know ... its cause of the nibtanks capping there mellee much to fast that all people are now forced to go cookiecutter ... hooray for these cookiecutterenhacing changes ...

Candaman
08-06-04, 16:17
u only lommed to hybrid cus u thought that melee was overpowered and u wanted to be 1337 and now they've lvl'd it off ur pissed that u followed the trend?

Original monk
08-06-04, 16:19
u only lommed to hybrid cus u thought that melee was overpowered and u wanted to be 1337 and now they've lvl'd it off ur pissed that u followed the trend?

indeed a littlebit pissed of yes ... i saw the overpowerdness of mellee as a ressurection of the hybridtank that i was at the beginning of retail :)

i dont think that pretty gimped setups are 1337 tough, as also i didnt know that lomming mellee made you 1337 :) i tought more of being a bandwagoner etc :)

also i dont think that hybridtanks are a trend ... ya dont see alot of em :)

edit: and with this patch ya wont see em ever again i think lol

Samhain
08-06-04, 16:20
... egoistical i know, but i enjoyed running around with a capped pob to pull out my 131% damage devourer or cs once in a while ...

what? are you even like, 3/4 the way to cap? should have had better stats then that.

the main reason is that hybrid tanks dont have to worry about any pointsink in their str skill because their agl can handle the t-c.

Clownst0pper
08-06-04, 16:26
Still no mention on fixing the drone flash when u get hit.

its not way 60% reduction...

Tratos
08-06-04, 16:28
Thank You.
Thank You.
Thank You.

Very nice patch KK, just dont go quiet again on us after this very nice burst of development :)

All looks very nice but will have to watch out for that drone boost may be quite odd

<3 KK :)

oh and for the record......since i can....../sex!

manderf
08-06-04, 16:29
i started at the end of last summer so i dont know much about the old hybrids, but did they just boost them???

Original monk
08-06-04, 16:33
i started at the end of last summer so i dont know much about the old hybrids, but did they just boost them???

they unnerfed the last 5% nerf there was on them, but due to high spell requests hybrids are nerfed in the way they cant use all spells now ... with other words: they are nerfed even worse then before :) even with the -5% removed ... they cant use the spells they like anymore. So they wont ever be that overpowerd again as they used to be ... im sure this community and KK will make sure of that ..

(my old hybrid ran around with a catharsis sanctum and a fire apoc ... bit overpowerd not ... now he uses blessed heal and holy energy halo ... littlebit diffrent he :) yust so ya see that hybrids are indeed nerfed compared to before the summer ya started playing here, and that little -5% unnerf doesnt gonna change alot ... maybe a littlebit more damage% but that will be it)

Dubhead
08-06-04, 16:48
wee my tradeskiller can now build oodles of the lvl 1 parts and just recycle them into the more expensive ones :)

Archeus
08-06-04, 16:53
(Not that any sniper is going to prioritise a PE over a Monk in a fight)

They would if they had a spirit mod. Any PPU can keep track of their own buffs, it is the exceptional PPUs that can keep their team alive. Once their team drops dead they have less chance of staying alive or in the area.

as for the hybrid denerf, remember this will also effect your ability to cast PPU stuff as well.

ZoomZoom
08-06-04, 16:54
SEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXX EMOTE W00T W00T

im gonna be sexing all day on neocron now :)

LiL T
08-06-04, 17:06
NCPD Terminal Info now display the Runners with a Soullight lower than -16.

Awesome ;)

Fixed ALT+TAB blackscreen issue.

yay ty KK :)

Increased Drone damage by 12%.

Humm but oh well I like it melee stamina changes looking good also needing to spec more points to cap quite plzed with that :)

jernau
08-06-04, 17:16
When did that change? Where are they coming from now?

Archeus
08-06-04, 17:20
When did that change? Where are they coming from now?

You can clone or construct them. I forget which. No point when only the select few have the mods.

Zaq
08-06-04, 17:51
Oh... My... God....

you finally fixed tech haven!!!!

and a shit load of other bugs!!!!

*faints*

Original monk
08-06-04, 17:53
ok witouth PA and no buffs i went about 10 dmage% down on my pob ...

usefull for melleetanks ? i dunno cause they have tons of mellee to spare cause of the crazy imps like batqueenbones, common with a mellee-eye and some batqueenstuff ya get +65 witouth having to loose 1 important slot ... i dont see any HC-eyes or +40 apu-bone-enforcements ... (ok apukami does +40 but it has crazy negatives, i dont see batqueenbones having -100 pierce, -200 energy ...)

wich makes me think that they gonna make it even harder to cap mellee, or nerf the bones or sumthing alternative like that

annoying for hybridtanks ? yes, its foreign bufftime or PAtime :/ but if my second tought comes true then its over with em anyway

have fun playing im off to lom a bit

SorkZmok
08-06-04, 17:57
Found a strange book in the 2nd wb i killed. Killed 20 more now, no more books so far.

Regret
08-06-04, 18:09
They need the time to sneak into all our appartments, steal one sock each and move our car keys.

At last! An answer to where my socks go! Wonder when they'll implement the sock-beast in the wastelands....

on a different note, sounds like an excellent patch (though I still feel a bit put out about strange books...), in particular the recycle on weapon parts.

Timon
08-06-04, 18:12
Am I the only one whos alt+tab still doesn't work?

amfest
08-06-04, 19:24
- Fixed client not working anymore on older video cards (e.g. Voodoo3). OMG

I CAN START UP NEOCRON AGAIN!!!!! W0000 H000000!!

now to finally see how things are now -_-;;;;;;;;;;;;;

and thank ya dev!

le noob
08-06-04, 19:50
why was disruptor rate of fire changed it has same rate of fire as pain easer now that is like 20 tech levels lower hmm that makes sense 50 shots a minute less is a big gimp
can i or we atleast get a reason why the rate of fire on it was changed was it because of people whining and complaining like the stealth being spy only now if so helloo people get complaing too cuz thats the only way stuff gets fixed or changed or done like they say its gonna be is if we bitch enough

are we all supposto go melee cuz kk got around to adding some new content and it all happens to be melee

and hellooo lets make the stealth tool actually be stealth from something besides players like if mobs are chasing you cuz kk changed more crap and left it out of patch notes cuz when you attack a single mob in a pack of mobs they all come after you again

so would it not make sense that you can stealth and then the 20 mobs chasing you would not know where you are cuz you are HELLOOOO steaLTHED

its bad enough some people like me have to make all new rifles cuz of the new "armor" mobs have now so oh well all my weapons need to be modded differently

not even getting into the other stuff that is mentioned in patch notes over and over and still not here yet

can i get a official response about the changes on rifles and the reason or reasons why if i dont i will just assume its like the stealth people whining and kk changing it cuz of that and i hope that if enough people whine they change it back

alig
08-06-04, 20:15
[ edited ]

RayBob
08-06-04, 20:31
...you ever...tried to fucking destroy one?The only reason more people aren't complaining is because droners are still pretty rare and many of them aren't very good. The hit box on these things needs to be increased (and I have a droner). :eek:

Drones moves fast and in warping chunks across the screen. Any class that has to wait for a reticle to close on a drone should not even bother trying to fight it.

Doc Holliday
08-06-04, 20:35
interesting reactions to the latest patch. are people gonna follow suit when doy comes out. ie some go whoo yeah and some bitch outrageously??

alig
08-06-04, 20:56
The only reason more people aren't complaining is because droners are still pretty rare and many of them aren't very good. The hit box on these things needs to be increased (and I have a droner). :eek:

Drones moves fast and in warping chunks across the screen. Any class that has to wait for a reticle to close on a drone should not even bother trying to fight it.

Thats pretty much exactly what i keep saying to all these melee boost haters, droners are so few and far between no one notices how hard they are...

I know and i know alot of people on uranus know my pistol pe is far from weak/shite at pvp as much as they dont admit it and my pc pe Vs a droner in NF (1 on 1 duel) and i was down to 100hp in a matter of seconds and was dead before i hit it 3 times. Anyone who wants to argue my point can log on test server and fight a droner ill make and ive never used one in my life and im certain ill kill anyone first time. ;)

rune1000
08-06-04, 20:58
Hello, Yesterday ( Before patch 200 ) I could get a good bunch of parts and implants in 1 hour. Grims dropped parts and implants and sometimes C9 or C10. Now patch 200 is here and I dont get a shit from Grims anymore, I killed 2 x 120/120 grims and I got a Medical substance 7 and a C4 and I got a blue poisonlang from a rank 110/110 grim :wtf:

Is this anohter super great bug made by KK themself? or are Grims suppose to drop uber crap loot so tanks cant make money from parts anymore? :mad:

jernau
08-06-04, 21:02
Droners in NF? :wtf:

Just run round a corner, then find his body.

alig
08-06-04, 21:04
Droners in NF? :wtf:

Just run round a corner, then find his body.

It was setup because i just wanted to proove to myself just how overpowered droners were pre-this patch and now they will be insanely overpowered. Soon everyone will have droner alts, the only thing that can kill one 1 on 1 is an apu and even then its only luck because of how small the hit box is and how jerky they are.

Doc Holliday
08-06-04, 21:06
hmm. look at the amount of work a droner has to go to to get his drones. the end justifies the means. besides we wont suddenly see a wave of droners just like that. maybe even pe droners will spring up.

jernau
08-06-04, 21:12
It was setup because i just wanted to proove to myself just how overpowered droners were pre-this patch and now they will be insanely overpowered. Soon everyone will have droner alts, the only thing that can kill one 1 on 1 is an apu and even then its only luck because of how small the hit box is and how jerky they are.
Some people have said that every time drones got a boost or a fix yet we don't see any increase.

That's because they are hard work to play well in practice and most people give up after a few days because they get killed all the time.

Cr33p3r
08-06-04, 21:43
i tryed to kill a drone today and it was able to surfive agains a blade of ceres amd one drone can kill singel handed load off peeps now why has kk realy need to nerf the other and overpower the other thing

MjukisDjur
08-06-04, 21:49
you did not zone/crash/die when taking them down? :)

steweygrrr
08-06-04, 21:53
you did not zone/crash/die when taking them down? :)

*gives vicious look ;)*

Unfortunately he is right. I got the same kind of drop. Looks like its not just firemobs either, warbots are only dropping base loot too.

Drake6k
08-06-04, 21:55
Killing two grims isnt enough to judge if loot changed.

Rai Wong
08-06-04, 21:57
we all know rifle suck and nobody wants to fix it. Sorry being harsh but it took kk a year to fix the drones.

NexusPlexus
08-06-04, 21:58
they sure nerfed drops allright :mad:

they said in the patch notes somethin about 'encouraging player trading'

hmm, i can see it now, "WTT/WTB 50+ large hydraulic parts// paying 3k per part plz plz plz"

can you spell S - U - C - K - Y ???

ps:i shot up 3*chasers + 4*percy's O_o

Scikar
08-06-04, 21:59
RoF was lowered to match PE, damage was increased to compensate. Result is, it's no less powerful than it was before, but it's easier to use in combat. I wouldn't complain.

EDIT: RoF of Disruptor I mean.

Mumblyfish
08-06-04, 22:02
moan0r
SIGH...

Disruptor ROF was changed because it was hideously overpowered long AND short range. Granted, they took the sledgehammer to it, but that's what they do.

Read the patch notes, [ edited ]. The Call For Help feature was a major part of patch 198, and it actually makes PvM a little bit fun. OH NOES FUN OH NOES.

You want stealth to be godmode. Nobody else does.

AND NOW YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING A LITTLE DEPTH IN PvM? [ edited ]

All the things mentioned in patch notes are implemented. Again, get out your reading glasses.

[ edited ]

Nidhogg
08-06-04, 22:04
Thread merged.

N

Mumblyfish
08-06-04, 22:11
[ edited ]

Shadow Dancer
08-06-04, 22:17
Drone damage got increased? WHY??????????

Timon
08-06-04, 22:29
Hum... My alt+tab STILL don't work. Card Radeon 9800PRO. Anyone else have problems?

kbmg
08-06-04, 22:40
having a nearly dedicated recycler who tried to have construct/reserch t o make parts you guys are now my heros this is the best patch like EVER :angel:

Dirus
09-06-04, 00:47
Actually the real reason behind the Pulselaser Rifle's RoF change was due to a bug caused by the weapons high RoF. When the weapons RoF was lowered, the damage was increase. The bug was rectified, but there wasn't much of an issue being brought on about the lower RoF so it was never upped again. The way it is now is the First Love is a short/medium range with a higher RoF while the Disruptor is Long range with a slower RoF. The damages should be about equal in the long run however.

tomparadox
09-06-04, 00:59
anyone know what the hell is going on with the computer problems? i was playing a game before i patched, stoped playing , patched, played NC for a bit, tryed to go back on my other game, and its telling me "Serios technical error..." then it gos on about hardware over heating and crap, but nuthing it sugests is on my computer...

kbmg
09-06-04, 01:31
oh y the way i LOVE the new part reqirements its much better spread out so i wont be stuck with 500 arillium and constantly out of tiberial

jernau
09-06-04, 01:39
Something does seem up (or rather down) with the loot-drops.

100+ kills in the tunnels tonight got us 2Ts an E and 2 0.9s.

RayBob
09-06-04, 02:43
Something does seem up (or rather down) with the loot-drops.

100+ kills in the tunnels tonight got us 2Ts an E and 2 0.9s.That's crazy. Not everyone has 5 hours a day to play the game. You need to be able to hunt for 90 minutes and come away with a decent amount of loot. The only thing wrong with the drops before this patch was that level 2 and 3 implants (and the strange books) were dropping too often. Nothing else was wrong. With SOOOOOOOOOOO many things that could be improved in the game, I never understand why KK insists on changing things that not a single person is complaining about.

jernau
09-06-04, 02:45
I didn't play much between patches but from what I heard it was too much before. IME it's too low now. It's possible we were very unlucky of course but it would be a personal record for it to be that bad.

dark_reaper
09-06-04, 06:03
Its been forever sence I have done terminator runs. Are the books just like the rare parts?
Oh also I thought the Weapon part 8 will be added into this patch.

Vid Gamer
09-06-04, 07:11
With 197 MC unbuffed I still cap DG the same as I did pre-patch, so not a big deal there.

The stamina nerf I can really notice. I use about 4 Stamina 2's a duel now with about 116 Stamina overall.

Timon
09-06-04, 09:40
Yep, the loot drop rate in #199 was insane. For 2 WBs I killed i got 1 rarepart for sure or even more. That's no good.
But now... it's even worse... I killed 10 WBs yesterday and got all junk -1 Vehiclepart 8 :p My clan and I later went to the DoY tunnells. After 2 hours of hunting... 2 Ls and 1 1.5 Slotenhancer. Ok... it has no point. So now... it just better to pk and be anoing than to actually do somthing... I think the drop rate has to be ajustet. AGAIN... Somwhere between #199 and #200. Like statisticly for 4 WBs you get 1 rare.

Bl@zed
09-06-04, 10:02
it sucks, my fps got worse than after patch #199, AND i have a FRE literally about 3-4 times within a five minute period, and have more 0 money/sl bugs too, this shit needs to be fixed pronto. :confused:

Anyone else having the same problems more frequently than after patch #199?

Liebestoter
09-06-04, 10:04
Haven't had any problems like this heh - and the sex emote is fixed in PA. I've no complaints.

Parappa
09-06-04, 10:07
Loot is totally fucked. MC5 security officer dropped a battle3 armor AND NOTHING else for me several times. One time it even dropped a piece of glass :rolleyes:

Original monk
09-06-04, 10:09
With 197 MC unbuffed I still cap DG the same as I did pre-patch, so not a big deal there.

The stamina nerf I can really notice. I use about 4 Stamina 2's a duel now with about 116 Stamina overall.

i dont think the melleepoints needed to cap weapons that upped affected any melleetanks ... (+40 mellee from 1 bone-enforcement ...)

for hybridtanks its a disaster tough ... but there only a few running around so who cares

so i think they gonna nerf the amount of mellee needed even more as i said before in this thread ... cause i dont think a full melleetank sees alot of changes :)

anyways, i got some loms ready :)

cRazy2003
09-06-04, 10:13
Haven't had any problems like this heh - and the sex emote is fixed in PA. I've no complaints.

your sig is WAY to big.

amfest
09-06-04, 10:21
well i can't really comment as patch 198/199 totally destroyed my ability to start up neocron at all. Patch 200 fixed that and I can log in again so you can figure my look at the patch

:angel:

[TgR]KILLER
09-06-04, 10:25
patch rox :p first good patch in ages.. fixed alt tab fixed emotes. fixed TH lifts. i'm happy with the patch..

ontop of that i seem to be aible to login in 1 try.. and not the 20+ tries i needed after patch 198/199.. and din't crash "yet" when brouwsing on citycom.. tho don't know for how long din't play to much was way to hot here in holland ;)

ow and last but not least they fixed the you gained symp spam to ^^

garyu69
09-06-04, 10:30
I have no complaints of this patch.

I am happy the alt + tab is back in town.

I am actually playing windowed mode and i am especially glad that the coding allows the window to fill my desktop size.

"1024*768"

woot

Maarten
09-06-04, 10:31
198/199 killed some performance for me. 200 restored it. But I have been fataling more then usual. But not enough to bother me.

massic
09-06-04, 10:32
There's a flaw in the new recycle recipes that needs to be addressed.

Cloning ammo and medkits from aggie and launcher scraps is increddibly difficult now.

If you put a medkit/ammo in your processor with tufts of hair, bloddy skin, etc. the processor kicks your medkit/ammo out into your inventory and the processor spits out one of the new noob armors. Very annoying when trying to clone items.

The recipe needs to not take over if there is an item to be cloned present in the processor, or there needs to be a cloning tool instead of using the recycle tool.

Morganth
09-06-04, 10:51
WB loot is seriously crap. I was hunting for tech yesterday, and after killing 20 WBs I only had 1 lvl 3 Imp, a lvl 3 spine and 4 T parts. I decided to relog just in case, and after killing another 10 WBs I got nothing. Even the titans were dropping a few pieces of junk. Seems like the ratio of loot to skill rank difference between you and the mob has become too low. Now its like a 120/120 MB guard killing a WB in relation to the amount of loot you get.

massic
09-06-04, 11:20
I've killed about 60 wb's since the last two patches came out and noticed this too, some wb's only drop cable and small hydraulic parts. I've hardly seen any rares but get lots of smart cybereyes, relfexboosters, and monk imps. Trying to clone ammo in the field is hard as hell with the junk drop reduced like this.

Spiderbot loot also is terrible, out of about 50 spiderbots i found 1 comp 10.

Nidhogg
09-06-04, 11:47
Thread merged.

N

Oath
09-06-04, 11:58
I've killed about 60 wb's since the last two patches came out and noticed this too, some wb's only drop cable and small hydraulic parts. I've hardly seen any rares but get lots of smart cybereyes, relfexboosters, and monk imps. Trying to clone ammo in the field is hard as hell with the junk drop reduced like this.

Spiderbot loot also is terrible, out of about 50 spiderbots i found 1 comp 10.

I didnt read the post 3 above my own. :angel:

jernau
09-06-04, 12:50
Oh also I thought the Weapon part 8 will be added into this patch.
Eh, what?

phunqe
09-06-04, 13:03
Eh, what?

He means added to the stores :)

Archeus
09-06-04, 13:40

Buy 2 WP7 and recycle them and you get a WP8 afaik.

jernau
09-06-04, 17:50
Oh. I always assumed that would never happen. What would be the point?

RayBob
09-06-04, 18:04
Can we get an official comment on the loot drop-rate?

tomparadox
09-06-04, 19:17
wtf!:mad: every weapon, melee weapon iv hade to get made uses a damn wep 8, iv talked to people that say every weapon they need uses a wep 8, WTF IS UP WITH THIS:mad: if your going to make every damn thing need a wep 8 add them to the damn cytons ffs, and if this is some way of geting resyclers to use your wep 1+1 = a wep 2 thing its not working...

Kugero
09-06-04, 19:18
for the record:

2.5 hours in the tunnels on Saturn last night, down to level 2 and all we came up with was 4e's and 4 .9 enhancers. J5's still gave up decent cash parts quantity though.

Not sure if this is the ratio KK wants for loot but I think it could be tweeked up a bit. Hunting tech part mobs now is a little tougher (armor) and the possibility of dieing in the tunnels (with a PPU) is quite high. Without a PPU, you're toast in 5 minutes (well at least I am).

Like the caves, the tunnels are geared towards teams - with the skewed loot drop rate vs. the strength of the mobs combined with the size of the team = not much of a return on your time investment (besides exp).

tomparadox
09-06-04, 19:42
Like the caves, the tunnels are geared towards teams - with the skewed loot drop rate vs. the strength of the mobs combined with the size of the team = not much of a return on your time investment (besides exp).
thats bout all i go in there for is XP:p

you only came out with 4 .9s? O_o i was in there 5 minets and i came out with like 1 .9 from eatch mob i desided to loot O_o... that was in lvl 1 too btw, F08.

Kugero
09-06-04, 23:03
thats bout all i go in there for is XP:p

you only came out with 4 .9s? O_o i was in there 5 minets and i came out with like 1 .9 from eatch mob i desided to loot O_o... that was in lvl 1 too btw, F08.

hmm. we were at the Escador one. I13 I think. Got junk on most everything.

coppertop
11-06-04, 18:56
From what I can tell, the loot drop on wb's has been totally screwed since they added strange books to the drop, but it has been far worse since the last patch. I have killed a fair amount of WB's since the patch, and while the rare/imp drop rate seems to be about regular the normal loot on a WB is now totally crap.

The drop rate in the tunnels also seems to have been screwed, perhaps intentionaly, but since the patch the mob's have dropped hardly any Slot enhancers on the several runs I have been involved in. BTW could we get confirmation on whether some of the DoY eye's have been removed from the game or whether this is another bug from the patch?

tomparadox
12-06-04, 08:16
wtf!:mad: every weapon, melee weapon iv hade to get made uses a damn wep 8, iv talked to people that say every weapon they need uses a wep 8, WTF IS UP WITH THIS:mad: if your going to make every damn thing need a wep 8 add them to the damn cytons ffs, and if this is some way of geting resyclers to use your wep 1+1 = a wep 2 thing its not working...

still w8in for a reply to ^... oh and the TL 55 plasma cannon now needs a wep 9 to build... ffs make the parts sellable or get rid of that bull build req...

Freaky Fryd
12-06-04, 08:36
They're trying to make recycling a worthwhile tradeskill, so by not selling weap 8's, you need a recycler to turn two 7's into an 8 for you. Costs the same as if Cryton's selling it (I believe) plus a small tip to the recycler.

Well thought out, in my opinion...

jernau
12-06-04, 14:13
8s and 9s have never been in the shops.

If you want them you can hunt, CST and now recyc for them.

tomparadox
13-06-04, 04:43
They're trying to make recycling a worthwhile tradeskill, so by not selling weap 8's, you need a recycler to turn two 7's into an 8 for you. Costs the same as if Cryton's selling it (I believe) plus a small tip to the recycler.

Well thought out, in my opinion...

well, IMO its stupid, a pain in the ass, and dumb... its a pain to find a recycaler, because they are rare...

8s and 9s have never been in the shops.

If you want them you can hunt, CST and now recyc for them.

cant hunt, i cleared TH core 3/2 40 times in the last 2 days, got nuthing worth anything, me and a m8 killed 3 grim chasers, 5 doomies, those rapture thigns and a bunch of other crap, and dident get anythign worth wile...

jernau
13-06-04, 08:40
Yeah, drops are monged.

Hopefully the next patch will adjust them again.

IceStorm
13-06-04, 15:31
its a pain to find a recycaler, because they are rare..Anyone who clones RayGun cannon ammo, anti-air ammo, or the mini-rocket ammo can create an 8 out of two 7's. Only requires 40 recycle. The non-regular versions of those ammos all require 40 or more in recycle.

On second thought, I can see your point. Those are pretty rare ammo types. :-)

jernau
13-06-04, 18:37
Glove + Eye + CST3 = 37

Shouldn't be that hard to find someone.

Maloch Octavia
14-06-04, 01:17
Grab a Mine Outpost, or use an Allies one.

Richard Slade
14-06-04, 12:54
Has anyon even noted the fact that the patch came what.. A week after the last two?!
What's going on Thanatos? Are KK about to rise again?!

safetycopy
16-06-04, 02:40
Re: The 12% increase in Drone damage...

Maybe this makes high-level droners very strong, but as someone mentioned, there aren't many of them... If you're gonna be a high level droner, u can't be too much else as well...

Low-level droners are severly underpowered imo, so maybe the increase was aimed at those? If u combine the TL re-arrangement of drones with the small damage increase and the amount of willpower and remote control needed to get decent damage, I think you'll start to see things differently ^^

Mind you, swallowing a ton of Blue Fairy helps :)