PDA

View Full Version : Rezz "Adjustment"

Sigma
08-06-04, 11:22
give the one rezzed 15% SI if rezzed with Holy rezz or 25% if rezzed with normal rezz and get back the old rezzing time IE 3-5(?) secs.

Thoughts?

SjanTeN^
08-06-04, 11:34
nah man, i think its cool now, it might take to long time. And just for the records: PPU IS NERFED NERF NERF NERF OVERPOWERING PVP\Op fights.
I rest my case :p

awkward silence
08-06-04, 11:36
definately

Maester Seymour
08-06-04, 11:44
Nah I'd prefer it to be left alone, i've grown to like it the way it is :p

Lethys
08-06-04, 11:49
I love it. Rated 5 stars.

Original monk
08-06-04, 11:52
I love it. Rated 5 stars.

removed for consistancy, if ya wonna read it check the quote below

SilentEye
08-06-04, 11:53
Hey,

I usually don't do it but I won't vote this time.
Because I feel whether a yes and no fit in place, I like the rezzing time of 3-5 seconds, but I don't like the SI I get for it :D

S

Drake6k
08-06-04, 11:54
Hate it.

1 star

phunqe
08-06-04, 11:54
I voted no, because the request you are making would be from a PvP perpective only (as I see it).
As it is now, a PPU can rezz among a decent amount of mobs. However, someone being ressurected with SI, potentially without armour on and lower runspeed in the midst of mobs, is really not cool :p

Lethys
08-06-04, 11:56
so if ya rezzed a sec ago then ya cant really rebuff cause half of youre spells are blanked out due to synaps ??? (or ya can rebuff but witouth full damage%) thats tricky :)

no ty :) then i prefer to wait 1 min on a rezzcast, but be able to buff myself the full strenght ... this idea isnt a method to nerf/unnerf rezz, its a method to kill ppu's :)

(edit: i dont mean kill the class, i yust mean that a ppu is worthless for some time after the rezz ... think ppu's have been punished enough by now ... and he's buffs is the onlything a ppu has ... dont take that away by SI :/ )

Read it again. He said that person who was rezzed should get SI, not the person rezzing.

Original monk
08-06-04, 11:57
Read it again. He said that person who was rezzed should get SI, not the person rezzing.

intresting, then i like the idea yeah :)

maybe when youre in mc5 it isnt that practically but indeed: then the ppu can rezz all he likes :) and the person who got rezzed takes the SI and the downtime, and the ppu who only wonna be helpfull doesnt have to wait 1 minute everytime :)

good idea imo, takes the load of the ppu, in that minute he can do other important healing and rezzing, and the person that got rezzed yust gotta wait a min :)

Lethys
08-06-04, 11:59
However, someone being ressurected with SI, potentially without armour on and lower runspeed in the midst of mobs, is really not cool :p

That's how it should be imo. You shouldn't be able to rezz someone in the middle of a fight and just have them get straight back into battle.

Sigma
08-06-04, 12:00
Hate it.

1 starmay explain why?

edit:

I voted no, because the request you are making would be from a PvP perpective only (as I see it).
As it is now, a PPU can rezz among a decent amount of mobs. However, someone being ressurected with SI, potentially without armour on and lower runspeed in the midst of mobs, is really not cool :p
tbh PvM is a joke atm, it's WAY to easy and with this change there won't be those 8/12 pistol spies (as an example) in the chaos caves who just die and get ressurected, it will make PvM more challenging AND if it would get to hard (what i doubt) KK could adjust PvM easily

so plz don't say it sux just because it would "imbalance" PvM

phunqe
08-06-04, 12:13
ok, my reference point is having 6 angry doy bots shooting at you while rezzing however (and some waiting for fresh meat to be rezzed), not a noobish place like a cave :p ;)

But ok, I see the point nevertheless.

ZoomZoom
08-06-04, 12:15
ive got use to new rezz so keep it as it is :)

SorkZmok
08-06-04, 12:21
The only thing i want changed is that dead ppl will automaticaly genrep after 5 or so minutes.
I just cant stand it anymore to fight and kill ppl just to see them simply log off to get a friend to rezz them later when its safe.

About the SI, shit idea.

Sigma
08-06-04, 12:25
About the SI, shit idea.
for the love of god, post WHY it is a shit idea

can't be that hard or can it? :wtf:

Clownst0pper
08-06-04, 12:33
I really like rez how it is now, it gives a challenge to OP wars, and if a player dies at an OP war, you know its going to be bloody hard for the other team to get them up.

Having impairment would only make it so you have to wait the same amount of time, if not longer to get fully back into the action, which would be a pain in the arse not only at op wars, but leveling.

Sigma
08-06-04, 12:44
I really like rez how it is now, it gives a challenge to OP wars, and if a player dies at an OP war, you know its going to be bloody hard for the other team to get them up.
Yeah it's SO hard to rezz in a Fight :rolleyes:

stop lying kao, is piss easy to rezz in a fight atm, as long as 1 side has enough PPUs :rolleyes:

BUT if rezz would have some kind of negative IE the SI after wards (tone it down to 5-7% with holy and 12-15% with normal, but then keep the current rezztime) it would be as effective as it is now.

look at the current situation:

1 team with, lets say 10 ppl (3 PPUs, 2-3 APUs, 2-3 Tanks, 1 PE and/or 1 Spies)

vs.

1 team with, lets say 15 ppl (5 PPUs, 3-4 APUs, 3-4 Tanks, 1-2 PEs and/or 1-2 Spies)

the team 15 ppl team will win just because they got enough PPUs to rezz, EVEN if the smaller team is able to take down 3-4 dmgdealer at the beginning, the dead dmgdealers'll be rezzed and will be 100% operational in less than 1 min

SorkZmok
08-06-04, 12:47
for the love of god, post WHY it is a shit idea

can't be that hard or can it? :wtf:Because i just don't like it. Opfights need way more balancing than just fucking over rez even more.

Scikar
08-06-04, 13:26
the team 15 ppl team will win just because they got enough PPUs to rezz, EVEN if the smaller team is able to take down 3-4 dmgdealer at the beginning, the dead dmgdealers'll be rezzed and will be 100% operational in less than 1 min
Whereas under your system they would be rezzed and operational within 2 minutes, however they save 30 seconds because the rez time has just been cut. They can be rezzed by a single PPU, leaving the others to continue healing/shielding/damage boosting/parashocking.

In other words, players take 30 seconds more to become fully operational when timed from the start of the rez, and PPUs are no longer vulnerable at all even to antibuff when rezzing. No thanks.

winnoc
08-06-04, 13:26
I think rez in itself is okay as it is.

However i would like to see this:

1) When u die, you get a black screen saying you're dea, no more looking around.

2) When you die in a warzone, you can't get rezzed, you have to gr out.

This would prevent people from dying, then staying as a spy reporting numbers and all over voicecom, and then logging off to get rezzed by a ppu later, so they don't pop imps and stuff.
Also it would make op wars more "exciting" since, when u die, u do have something to lose, the quality on your imps.

Birkoff
08-06-04, 13:30
I liek the new ressing think about it..
a cave run.... the 2 APUs die.... Sorry we cant fight for 5 mins cuz of the ressing rules...
MC5 would be lame

OP wars woudl last lesstime than they do.
Hunting fun stuff would be a nightmare

I like the current, res should be a litttle less time not longer. It was good NERFing it and all but 20 seconds would be nice :/

1 star

phunqe
08-06-04, 13:32
1) When u die, you get a black screen saying you're dea, no more looking around.

This cannot be iterated enough. Please KK, implement this :) :)

greendonkeyuk
08-06-04, 13:35
if there absolutely has to be SI introduced to a rez then i think 15% is a bit too much. i cant see it affecting people in an opfight at all to be honest, as at the moment you have a 30 second rez or whatever it currently is, the guy gets up, gets buffed and hes fighting. Thats 30 seconds from the time the ppu stops to rez. 30 seconds is a long time for the other team to do something about the shiny discoball thats illuminating the tristar sky dont you think? Now if this was changed sure the ppu could rez 6 or 7 people easily in that time but hes not gonna be able to is he? A: because hes gonna be chugging his boosters a lot more and B: because everyone he rezzes is gonna be vulnerable as hell for the first minute or two without any armour or anything. theyre gonna go down like a sack of shit if anyone makes a serious attempt to kill them. If they die, well thats now 30% impairment... who the hell wants to be rezzed midfight with 30% impairment? Noone. Imo this idea will be more detrimental to peoples fun than improving it. All i can see is it virtually killing opfight rezzes and making levelling take a bit longer. If the idea of this thread was to do that (stop ppus rezzing midfight) then yeah your idea will work, but all the good ppus that ive seen/read posts from measure their abilities on things like being able to rez midfight and stuff like that. its one of the things that makes the job fun, to me rezzing someone to see them getting blown to bits without having a chance to defend themselves just isnt fun. If anythin it will make the rezzed person more reliant on the ppu for those first 2 minutes (or however long it takes for si to wear off) when he should be lookin at the live team who need buffs/heals.

The only way around this problem i can see is that clans will bring extra ppus to rez the dead and have some concentrate on buffs healing, in the past ive fought against plenty of teams that are 50% ppu and it wasnt fun when our side had maybe one or two at most in a team of 8-10 people. This idea jus seems like its gonna push people into usin the 1 ppu to other ratio a lot more.

in short, no i dont like it.

Sigma
08-06-04, 13:37
Whereas under your system they would be rezzed and operational within 2 minutes, however they save 30 seconds because the rez time has just been cut. They can be rezzed by a single PPU, leaving the others to continue healing/shielding/damage boosting/parashocking.

In other words, players take 30 seconds more to become fully operational when timed from the start of the rez, and PPUs are no longer vulnerable at all even to antibuff when rezzing. No thanks.try to kill a fullybuffed player

then try again when he's fullybuffed but got 15% SI

Birkoff
08-06-04, 13:40
If this was implemented res wouldn't be a "res" it woudl be a death wish :)

OK OK OK ILL DO ANYTHING JSUT DONT RES ME! (ok exageration but hey ;))

Xaru
08-06-04, 13:47
I would like to see this. Give people who get resurrected 5% SI if they have higher SI than 15%, they cant be resurrected. Then reduce rezz time to half what it is now. Rezz Kill problem sovlved. PPus dont get bored rezzing anymore and in OP fights you wont see everyone get up over and over again.

Regards
Xaru

Sigma
08-06-04, 13:52
If this was implemented res wouldn't be a "res" it woudl be a death wish :)

OK OK OK ILL DO ANYTHING JSUT DONT RES ME! (ok exageration but hey ;))
get it in ur thick skull, u CAN rezz, AFTER the fight is over.

tell me where is the fun in killing ppl over and over and over and over just to see them get ressurected AGAIN and u can't do the same because u haven't got a fucking assload of ppus urself?

Oh the fun :rolleyes:

awkward silence
08-06-04, 14:22
I would like to see this. Give people who get resurrected 5% SI if they have higher SI than 15%, they cant be resurrected. Then reduce rezz time to half what it is now. Rezz Kill problem sovlved. PPus dont get bored rezzing anymore and in OP fights you wont see everyone get up over and over again.

Regards
Xaru

I

LOVE

YOU

DonnyJepp
08-06-04, 14:48
I kind of like it how it is now but how does this sound?

leave rez cast time alone but,
if you rez within 2.5 minutes of death no SL,
if you rez after 2.5 minutes of being dead, 5% SL,
if you rez after 5 minutes of being dead, 10% SL,
if you rez after >10 minutes of being dead, 50% SL (like GRing),

Thoughts? I'm not really in favor of making a change, but this might put some emphasis on a timely rez instead of "whenever I get around to it", not that I think there is an underlying problem with rezzing at this time.

Sigma
08-06-04, 15:02
I kind of like it how it is now but how does this sound?

leave rez cast time alone but,
if you rez within 2.5 minutes of death no SL,
if you rez after 2.5 minutes of being dead, 5% SL,
if you rez after 5 minutes of being dead, 10% SL,
if you rez after >10 minutes of being dead, 50% SL (like GRing),

Thoughts? I'm not really in favor of making a change, but this might put some emphasis on a timely rez instead of "whenever I get around to it", not that I think there is an underlying problem with rezzing at this time.
sounds pretty good, although i would like the first time to be 1 minute

Scikar
08-06-04, 15:49
try to kill a fullybuffed player

then try again when he's fullybuffed but got 15% SI

At 15% SI, he'll still have use of all of his armor bar his PA, non-MC5 imps should still be running, he'll have no less than 3/4 HP, plus it's the S/D/H which protects him anyway. It would be easier to kill that player, yes. But what's stopping him from running into the UG (if defending) or outside the OP (if attacking)? Nothing is.

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:50
I think it's fine as it is, plz no synapse I hate synapse in the first place.

Samhain
08-06-04, 15:54
I like the idea of the longer you stay dead the more impact you have when you are brought back to the living world.

steweygrrr
08-06-04, 16:03
Nah I'd prefer it to be left alone, i've grown to like it the way it is :p

Even at MC5. With me?

I'd say just knock a third off current rezz time.

Ozambabbaz
08-06-04, 16:21
i'd like the QB to be emptied into Inv after a rezz.

A guy gets killed, David Copperfield rubs his nose vigorously for one minute and the guy is back up immediately running around with a weapon out.

At the very leasy, upon rezz QB slot 1 empties into Inv :angel:

Maester Seymour
08-06-04, 16:28
Even at MC5. With me?

I'd say just knock a third off current rezz time.

hmm, well a shorter cast time wouldn't be bad but i'd hate to get rezzed in the middle of shitloads of mobs and have synap or even worse getting rezzed in MC5 and having to wait for synap :wtf: The current rezz aint too bad in MC5 even if its long :)

steweygrrr
08-06-04, 16:44
hmm, well a shorter cast time wouldn't be bad but i'd hate to get rezzed in the middle of shitloads of mobs and have synap or even worse getting rezzed in MC5 and having to wait for synap :wtf: The current rezz aint too bad in MC5 even if its long :)

I wouldn't have synap added in there.....maybe a bigger mana pool cost to offset reduced cast time? Combat rezzes are all but impossible atm. My PPU either has to sit there and take the damage (preferred, I can take it RARGH! :lol: ) or do one mid rezz with buffs running and next to no mana pool. At this point I am invariably out of boosters in my QB and standing up and shortening my heal is outta the question so running is in order as either I can't outheal 5 or 6 people hitting me at once or I need to go rebuff and charge back in..

Xaru
08-06-04, 16:46
sounds pretty good, although i would like the first time to be 1 minute
Hehe, it takes longer to cast the spell :)

Xaru

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 01:49
No.

The only way I would be in favor of much shorter res time is if the PPU gets synap after a successful res.

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 01:53
The only thing i want changed is that dead ppl will automaticaly genrep after 5 or so minutes.
I just cant stand it anymore to fight and kill ppl just to see them simply log off to get a friend to rezz them later when its safe.

About the SI, shit idea.

Yes I agree. Their should be an auto-rez timer.

Lanigav
10-06-04, 01:13
I'd rather have the longer wait but be combat ready as soon as I'm up rather than a shorter res with SI.

tomparadox
10-06-04, 01:25
Hate it.

1 star wOOt, same :p

damnit, @thredstarter, you missed secret option #C wich is HELL NO...
WTF that would screw so much shit up...

OMFG are you mad? you jest wasted about .5 KB of KKs spase with this post O_o

amfest
10-06-04, 01:36
Spoiled rez users and recievers .. . .rez should be a TL 114 PPU 148 MST 90 spell ... and only be a after fight used thing .. or when someone is rez'd they have a bit of downtime. So i agree with the SI hit. The advantages of rez are you don't have to GR and retrieve your backpack and You don't have implants fall out. That's enough in itself.

As for people talking about the blackout thing .. or auto GR out .. nah I think you should start losing XP as you lay on your back. The longer you stay waiting around for a rez should really really hurt. But it's a price you pay. Although I do think it should start after a couple of minutes before subtracting.

Death has not much penalty . . it should hurt to die ..but it should hurt to try and also wait around for a rez. The timer should also work even while logged off :p So poeple logging off to wait for a friend might og in with a total level lost :D

Sigma
10-06-04, 02:31
wOOt, same :p

damnit, @thredstarter, you missed secret option #C wich is HELL NO...
WTF that would screw so much shit up...

OMFG are you mad? you jest wasted about .5 KB of KKs spase with this post O_o
Dude, drugs are bad hmmkay?

Disturbed021
10-06-04, 02:42
How about rezzs only work in Hunting Zones or disappear altogether?
I feel there should be much more of a consequence for dieing. Especially in OP wars. As it is now most ppl just log off when they die, waiting for their PPU buddy to logon or for the enemy to logoff. :rolleyes: I thought this was supposed to be a hardcore game....

You die, you should have to GR out immediately. The screen should be hazy like a bad drugflash so you can't see around much. I'm really getting tired of whooping ppls asses to see them standing up again 5 mins later fully buffed back in the fray or see them logout knowing they'll just come back and get rezzed later w/o consequence.

J J
10-06-04, 02:49
may explain why?

edit:

tbh PvM is a joke atm, it's WAY to easy and with this change there won't be those 8/12 pistol spies (as an example) in the chaos caves who just die and get ressurected, it will make PvM more challenging AND if it would get to hard (what i doubt) KK could adjust PvM easily

so plz don't say it sux just because it would "imbalance" PvM

tbh anyone who teams a 8/12 runner should be banned from entering the caves as this will severely affect who gains xp and the amount/rate etc. If anyone of this rank comes in the caves they should be rezzed on the way out and not before imho

edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnoc

This cannot be iterated enough. Please KK, implement this

and damn thats a good idea, only sorry I didn't see it before posting originally :) Far too many people die at an op fight and then lie there for the whole fight directing attacks etc with the bonus of being able to see all the defensive positions etc etc

Epsilon 5
10-06-04, 03:09
Hate it. 1 star.

Bring back the old rezz speed.

SI after rezz? do you know that most of my characters need drugs to "activate" implants? I need to take redflash on my spy to have a cascaded effect of activate SF, then SA, then my PA, then i can use my gun. Now everytime i die i need to take drugs? Geez.

Shadow Dancer
10-06-04, 03:48
How about rezzs only work in Hunting Zones or disappear altogether?
I feel there should be much more of a consequence for dieing. Especially in OP wars. As it is now most ppl just log off when they die, waiting for their PPU buddy to logon or for the enemy to logoff. :rolleyes: I thought this was supposed to be a hardcore game....

You die, you should have to GR out immediately. The screen should be hazy like a bad drugflash so you can't see around much. I'm really getting tired of whooping ppls asses to see them standing up again 5 mins later fully buffed back in the fray or see them logout knowing they'll just come back and get rezzed later w/o consequence.

That's one of the reasons I stopped pvping. I'd say about 5% of the people I killed(which is alot) actually GRed out. :rolleyes:

-=BlackBeard=-
10-06-04, 12:04
id say 10 si but still a good idea

-FN-
10-06-04, 12:16
My idea of a step closer to balanced rez:

- Holy Rez = 5% SI
- Rez = 10%

Just enough to make the person not 100% fighting capable the second they stand up. I mean... you [B]were[B] just DEAD o_O And there's nothing I hate more than an APU getting rezzed and the split second he's up he's hitting people with a full strength spell and getting rebuffed. It's not bad enough that the second the player stands up that they are gonna get an S/D right away? Give them a reason to maneuver a bit... throw in the SI, but not as much as stated in the first post here.

- Rez times should be 75% of what they are now

I personally think they're a bit too long, but they were definitely too short before when a PPU didn't have to put any effort into rezzing. Chopping off 5-10 seconds of the current rez time, combined with the SI on rezzed players would be sufficient.

j0rz
11-06-04, 01:21
u ever seen a ppu with 25% si a lib would kill a caped ppu in 2 seconds its a stupid idea

Sigma
11-06-04, 01:47
u ever seen a ppu with 25% si a lib would kill a caped ppu in 2 seconds its a stupid idea
the REZZED ONE, FFS ppl READ the goddamn post before replying

the REZZED ONE (the one who was dead) would get the SI, NOT the rezzing PPU

Xaru
11-06-04, 02:22

- Holy Rez = 5% SI
- Rez = 10%

Just enough to make the person not 100% fighting capable the second they stand up. I mean... you [B]were[B] just DEAD o_O And there's nothing I hate more than an APU getting rezzed and the split second he's up he's hitting people with a full strength spell and getting rebuffed. It's not bad enough that the second the player stands up that they are gonna get an S/D right away? Give them a reason to maneuver a bit... throw in the SI, but not as much as stated in the first post here.

I personally think they're a bit too long, but they were definitely too short before when a PPU didn't have to put any effort into rezzing. Chopping off 5-10 seconds of the current rez time, combined with the SI on rezzed players would be sufficient.

And dont forget to make it so that if a dead person has more than 15% SI they cant be resurrected anymore.

That would be good aswell.

Regards
Xaru

tomparadox
11-06-04, 05:20
Dude, drugs are bad hmmkay?
then why are you on them hmmkay...?

i say no, no because this would fuck things up, stick a 15%/25% SI on a rezz, go caveing, everyone will end up dieing before they can fight again... and if they dont, it will take hours to do one run... go to OP wars, what happens if the other team has an advantage, and you need to rezz some people, they are going to be sitting ducks with 15/25% SI...

- Holy Rez = 5% SI
- Rez = 10%

ffs no, no damn SI...

will you board people quit fucking with shit that dosent need to be fucked with and think of ideas to fix things that need to be fixed? like PARAs. exploits, jest quit comeing on the forums and screeming nerf...

Ozambabbaz
11-06-04, 07:36
will you board people quit fucking with shit that dosent need to be fucked with and think of ideas to fix things that need to be fixed? like PARAs. exploits, jest quit comeing on the forums and screeming nerf...

FN has 834 posts, he joined Oct '02, is that a "teh b0ard peepl3z chewers up your eyes" guy?

Rezz time is absolutely fine IMHO, empty the QB into Inv upon ressurrection and it would be fair.

tomparadox
11-06-04, 18:23
FN has 834 posts, he joined Oct '02, is that a "teh b0ard peepl3z chewers up your eyes" guy? dude? what the hell? you know, i dont honestly care when anyone joined the forum... im jest geting anoyed, along with a lot of other people probly, with all these fucking nerf threds. ffs, every sens half the damn population of NC left, theres been nerf threeds, every other 2 days or so, someones screeming "nerf this!", oh and lol, dude, i joined 2003, and my post count is higher if your trying to say something about it... iv been in the game sens about beta 3 also , i jest never signed up for the forum... edit: also dude, my post count was about 300 something a month and ahalf ago ;)

your right, rez time is fine, so is the no SI, thats one of the damn points about the rezz, is so you can come back WITHOUT SI, the only other good part about it is no imp lose...

Disturbed021
11-06-04, 20:02
i say no, no because this would fuck things up, stick a 15%/25% SI on a rezz, go caveing, everyone will end up dieing before they can fight again... and if they dont, it will take hours to do one run... go to OP wars, what happens if the other team has an advantage, and you need to rezz some people, they are going to be sitting ducks with 15/25% SI...
This is exactly the point that ppl are trying to make.
Right now 5 ppl of various ranks with a PPU can go caving and die w/o consequence. The PPU rezzs them and they're back up gaining exp. Hell I've seen Kamikazee melee tanks run up to the mobs and punch them while we're AoEing them just to gain con. Y? Cause dieing in this game means fuck all!

And u say that 15/25% SI on a rezz for ppl caving or ppl at OP wars will fuck things up? Well maybe, just maybe, those ppl shouldn't be caving or OP warring if they die so easily.

tomparadox
11-06-04, 20:17
This is exactly the point that ppl are trying to make.
Right now 5 ppl of various ranks with a PPU can go caving and die w/o consequence. The PPU rezzs them and they're back up gaining exp. Hell I've seen Kamikazee melee tanks run up to the mobs and punch them while we're AoEing them just to gain con. Y? Cause dieing in this game means fuck all!

And u say that 15/25% SI on a rezz for ppl caving or ppl at OP wars will fuck things up? Well maybe, just maybe, those ppl shouldn't be caving or OP warring if they die so easily. dude, ffs, add a fucking 25% SI, see what happends, go caveing, the people will get over run in the caves. the mobs are agressiv they keep moveing forword eventualy youll be back at the start of the cave with noware to hide and the only person left alive the ppu.

do it in an OP war, shit, once you drop about 5 of there team, they are screwed, not even a rezz would save them because theyd be sitting ducks. and they whont live standing there geting buffed, because the players will kill the dude who was rezzed imidiatly, then go after the ppu again, then what happens if the ppu dose manage to rezz him with a holy rezz? shit add 15% SI to the 15 he already had it be like GRing into the midle of a war... then ontop of that, if they half to GR because the ppu was finaly killed, there going to have about 60 + fucking SI, and that will start to piss some people off...
Edit jest to give you an idea of SI time, 1 LOM = about 42% SI = 5 minets.

Some people arnt as good at this game, thats how your second paragraph is flawed, KK should not and most likely will not SCREW OVER THE PEOPLE THAT CANT DO IT AS GOOD AS OTHERS. jest because they cant do it as good, dosent meen you people need to think of some crackass idea to screw everyone over because you think rezing shouldent be that simple, ffs...

go wory about the hybrids, there good now, beter than they were. a good hybid can take out a suposedly "overpowerd" melee tank without a problem... i meen comeon, no ppu/apu penalty for haveing ppu and apu? its like a PE, get a good heal, blessed shelt/def and youll be extreemly good with the bara halo + holy energy halo or whatever they use...

i meen also what about PEs? they dont have stealth now, wich helps a bit, but a good PE could probly kill a good HC tank or MC tank 9 out of 10 times, why? because they can runcast heal and if there good, you can runcast a def and shelt by kneeling then casting then standing up, all while moveing...

then go look at spys, who have about the shityest con in the game, the only char with a worse con is an APU, but look at the dmg they deel, sure spys have shlasher and exe but dont bring them into it because they need a nerf...

Lethys
11-06-04, 20:27
dude, ffs, add a fucking 25% SI, see what happends, go caveing, the people will get over run in the caves.

Only if they are really crap. A change like this would make people be a little more careful. As it is, PvM in this game is far too easy.

do it in an OP war, shit, once you drop about 5 of there team, they are screwed, not even a rezz would save them because theyd be sitting ducks.

It's their fault for dying. If the other team were good enough to kill 5 of them, then they probably deserve to win the fight.

The consequences of dying in this game as it stands are far too small.

tomparadox
11-06-04, 20:31
It's their fault for dying. If the other team were good enough to kill 5 of them, then they probably deserve to win the fight.

The consequences of dying in this game as it stands are far too small. oh ffs, dude, the 5 was jest a number i thought up out of noware, kthx... edit: also, they deserv a fighting chance, if you add this by what your saying, it will turn into one of those stupid " I OWNED YOU YOU NOOB YOU SUCK blah blah" bullshit...

this is a game, yes. are you deeling with a lot of people on at once? therefore, people will get pissed off at loseing, because the rezz dosent work, ffs, iv been in clanwars, were there are only 3 people left, but we still managed to him, if that 25%/15% SI were on there, we would have been screwed over, and no, the clan dident suck.

ffs, fuck this, im done, its pointless arguing with nOObs. KK if you actuly listen to this idea then stick it on DoY along with all the other stupid ideas that iv seen in the last month, im gone... ( yea i know you could care less, and i dont care if anyone cares or not ).

edit: iv told, about, 30 people ingame about this idea, you know what they all sayed? "No, that is a stupid idea" is what they all said, i edited some of it because if i dident the forum would have replased it with *****, and no, i dident bribe them, they wernt my m8s, personal freinds, or clan m8s. they were randome people, that iw as talking to IE a CSter that was makeing me a gun.

also, you cant test this on the test server, there arnt enuf people on that damn server to test, so whats there left to do? stick it right on retail, i garentie there will probly be alot of bitching, eather that or people jest leaving...

Xaru
11-06-04, 20:39
oh ffs, dude, the 5 was jest a number i thought up out of noware, kthx...

ffs, fuck this, im done, its pointless arguing with nOObs. KK if you actuly listen to this idea then stick it on DoY along with all the other stupid ideas that iv seen in the last month, im gone... ( yea i know you could care less, and i dont care if anyone cares or not )

if you would swear less, then you might actually get someone to listen to what you are saying. :D Try not repeating your arguments and try to listen to what others say. Then evaluate the differences and then try to come to a conclusion. Its not that dificult. But rampaging all over the place is very immature.

I can see your side of it though. I agree, that the rezzing situation is quite balanced at the moment. But i also agree, that dying should have more consequence. You should try to stay alive. Be carefull, because you are afraid to die. Thats not there atm. And thats a pity. But thats just my oppinion. And i personally think the rezztimes are tooooo high. You just get piss bored while rezzing. The team is gone up front while you rezz someone, and you dont get any XP. So better the resurrected has to suffer some more consequences than me as PPU.

Regards
Xaru

tomparadox
11-06-04, 20:46
if you would swear less, then you might actually get someone to listen to what you are saying. :D Try not repeating your arguments and try to listen to what others say. Then evaluate the differences and then try to come to a conclusion. Its not that dificult. But rampaging all over the place is very immature.

I can see your side of it though. I agree, that the rezzing situation is quite balanced at the moment. But i also agree, that dying should have more consequence. You should try to stay alive. Be carefull, because you are afraid to die. Thats not there atm. And thats a pity. But thats just my oppinion. And i personally think the rezztimes are tooooo high. You just get piss bored while rezzing. The team is gone up front while you rezz someone, and you dont get any XP. So better the resurrected has to suffer some more consequences than me as PPU.

Regards
Xaru
ill try to stop swareing as much ^^ =p.
yes, ill make a coment.
people do need to be more carful, but, if someone could then think of something other than a rez SI, maby people would be more carful, howbout an XP lose? not a small XP lose, but not a huge XP lose, so that people are more carfull, that kamakazi melee tank wouldent do that anymore, because he would lose the con/str/dex XP that he had gained, or atlest most of it.

maby iv been misunderstood then, im not saying this is a completly nOOb idea, its *ok*, but im looking at the customer side of it, the person paying, the people that would keep loseing and geting SI then dieing again because of it, would get extremly anoyed or mad, and would end up quiting the game because theyd get so anoyed. therefore it would not be wise to enter SI like that would be something a bit extreem.

but then look at it from another point, perhaps the people arnt dieng because they suck, but because the ppu wasent doing as good as he useualy dose, so everyone would get SI, theyd lose the war/battle, then all hell would brake lose flameing the PPU who they think caused it.

Sigma
11-06-04, 21:10
dude, ffs, add a fucking 25% SI, see what happends, go caveing, the people will get over run in the caves. the mobs are agressiv they keep moveing forword eventualy youll be back at the start of the cave with noware to hide and the only person left alive the ppu.

do it in an OP war, shit, once you drop about 5 of there team, they are screwed, not even a rezz would save them because theyd be sitting ducks. and they whont live standing there geting buffed, because the players will kill the dude who was rezzed imidiatly, then go after the ppu again, then what happens if the ppu dose manage to rezz him with a holy rezz? shit add 15% SI to the 15 he already had it be like GRing into the midle of a war... then ontop of that, if they half to GR because the ppu was finaly killed, there going to have about 60 + fucking SI, and that will start to piss some people off...
Edit jest to give you an idea of SI time, 1 LOM = about 42% SI = 5 minets.

Some people arnt as good at this game, thats how your second paragraph is flawed, KK should not and most likely will not SCREW OVER THE PEOPLE THAT CANT DO IT AS GOOD AS OTHERS. jest because they cant do it as good, dosent meen you people need to think of some crackass idea to screw everyone over because you think rezing shouldent be that simple, ffs...

go wory about the hybrids, there good now, beter than they were. a good hybid can take out a suposedly "overpowerd" melee tank without a problem... i meen comeon, no ppu/apu penalty for haveing ppu and apu? its like a PE, get a good heal, blessed shelt/def and youll be extreemly good with the bara halo + holy energy halo or whatever they use...

i meen also what about PEs? they dont have stealth now, wich helps a bit, but a good PE could probly kill a good HC tank or MC tank 9 out of 10 times, why? because they can runcast heal and if there good, you can runcast a def and shelt by kneeling then casting then standing up, all while moveing...

then go look at spys, who have about the shityest con in the game, the only char with a worse con is an APU, but look at the dmg they deel, sure spys have shlasher and exe but dont bring them into it because they need a nerf...

1. PvM = JOKE, End of story

2. 5 of your ppl die at an op, maybe, just MAYBE, u are meant to loose :wtf:

3. the main reason for about 75-85% of the ppl to play NC is because of the PvP, a "mostly" skillbased PvP, meaning ur personal skill is better than the others, u should win (meaning highlvl-pvp now), BUT personalskill means FUCK ALL if u r able to rezz w/o ANY consequences. Bring the most PPUs = WIN, because then can rezz gfaster than u can kill them

4. u know what the funny thing is? every1 could beat every1 in a fair duel, APU could beat Meleetank, HC-Tank could beat PE, spy could beat PE, PE could beat any of the former mentioned, even a spy could kill an APU in a duel, BUT as soon as u throw in a PPU balance goes overboard.

what i want to point out is, you want balance?

Remove the fucking PPU.

tomparadox
11-06-04, 21:19
1. PvM = JOKE, End of story

2. 5 of your ppl die at an op, maybe, just MAYBE, u are meant to loose o_O

3. the main reason for about 75-85% of the ppl to play NC is because of the PvP, a "mostly" skillbased PvP, meaning ur personal skill is better than the others, u should win (meaning highlvl-pvp now), BUT personalskill means FUCK ALL if u r able to rezz w/o ANY consequences. Bring the most PPUs = WIN, because then can rezz gfaster than u can kill them

4. u know what the funny thing is? every1 could beat every1 in a fair duel, APU could beat Meleetank, HC-Tank could beat PE, spy could beat PE, PE could beat any of the former mentioned, even a spy could kill an APU in a duel, BUT as soon as u throw in a PPU balance goes overboard.

what i want to point out is, you want balance?

Remove the fucking PPU. __________________
O_oO_o, yes, remove the ppu, but dont F with the rezz, for god sake you have ignored my other post, you ignore most of my point in both posts.

Disturbed021
11-06-04, 23:07
edit: iv told, about, 30 people ingame about this idea, you know what they all sayed? "No, that is a stupid idea" is what they all said, i edited some of it because if i dident the forum would have replased it with *****, and no, i dident bribe them, they wernt my m8s, personal freinds, or clan m8s. they were randome people, that iw as talking to IE a CSter that was makeing me a gun....

Of course most ppl don't like the idea, most ppl depend on the rezzs from PPUs. Just like in most fights and leveling, ppl want their PPU buddies there.
TBH, I want rezz gone or only being used in hunting zones. But I'd be aight with SI on rezz.
Of course it means you can't die in an OP war and get rezzed in the middle of it easily.
Of course it means you can't go into a cave and die along with everyone else.
But that is the whole point...........adding consequences for dieing.

tomparadox
12-06-04, 05:33
then make it a Fin 80% chance you whont drop your PA insted of will...

Shadow Dancer
12-06-04, 05:37
O_oO_o, yes, remove the ppu, but dont F with the rezz,

huh?

Who would rez then?

tomparadox
12-06-04, 05:40
huh?

Who would rez then?
im saying i agree, the ppu needs to be removed, but dont F with the rezz before they remove the ppu...

Phlith
12-06-04, 05:52
Remove rezz, problem solved... no... remove the ppu... better yet remove whin0r!

Mr Friendly
12-06-04, 05:59
perfect, but id rather say only about 15% SI for the holy, cuz the baby rezz takes so long neway the 10% makes up for the long rezz, meanwhile the fast rezz gives more SI.

& as i thought, theres more of the ppl on this forum that want it so ppl cant get rezzed so quick like in OP wars, which i can definently see where they get that from cuz they can just zone to UG & wait for SI, then be back up. but if it were me, & if this ever came true id make it so when ur rezzed in a warzone u get SI at about 20% .

ppl, u gotta think, sure guys will be gettin rezzed right when they fall in OP wars, but frankly, i liked it back then cuz i at least got to get back up & keep fightin cuz it aint fun playin the game dead on the ground. & when these ppl are gettin rezzed, they're the same as GRn somewhere, VERY low health & almost no armor active, a spy could flatline u with his ubar melee sk33lz if he wanted b4 the ppu could even keep u alive @_@

5 stars
@ tom, i dunno if u use strategy or so called tactics at ur OP wars, but it is possible to easily get a team distracted & with rezz back at a cap of 8 secs or so, u could rezz someone witht eh team distracted & get em safe in the UG

& sry to hear u actually think the ppu will be removed ....@_@ :rolleyes:

tomparadox
12-06-04, 07:32
perfect, but id rather say only about 15% SI for the holy, cuz the baby rezz takes so long neway the 10% makes up for the long rezz, meanwhile the fast rezz gives more SI.

& as i thought, theres more of the ppl on this forum that want it so ppl cant get rezzed so quick like in OP wars, which i can definently see where they get that from cuz they can just zone to UG & wait for SI, then be back up. but if it were me, & if this ever came true id make it so when ur rezzed in a warzone u get SI at about 20% .

ppl, u gotta think, sure guys will be gettin rezzed right when they fall in OP wars, but frankly, i liked it back then cuz i at least got to get back up & keep fightin cuz it aint fun playin the game dead on the ground. & when these ppl are gettin rezzed, they're the same as GRn somewhere, VERY low health & almost no armor active, a spy could flatline u with his ubar melee sk33lz if he wanted b4 the ppu could even keep u alive @_@

5 stars
@ tom, i dunno if u use strategy or so called tactics at ur OP wars, but it is possible to easily get a team distracted & with rezz back at a cap of 8 secs or so, u could rezz someone witht eh team distracted & get em safe in the UG

& sry to hear u actually think the ppu will be removed ....@_@ :rolleyes:
i hope it dose, if not removed, i hope they make all there buffs self cast exept heal/rezz and all those others that "need" to be casted on another player, IE resist bosters and crap, cath and all that, but def/shelt should not be casted on other people, ppus are messing up pvp, badly...

coppertop
12-06-04, 14:10
Just a thought. If u want to fix the prob with PvP and op wars I will tell you the easiest solution. Get more people to play it.

All these posts about PPU's and nerfing em are largely based from what I can see, on clans/teams which op war against clans which are bigger and better organised than there own. Op wars are about teamwork and having the participation of all the different classes. More major changes before DoY would be pointless. With any luck DoY will bring new players and hopefully with a bigger player base we will see a lot of the imbalances of SOME op fights even out. I say Some op fights, as when you get 2 clans of similar size and quality of players you dont get all this bitching about how one class imbalanced the fight. U know why?. Its because generally the fights last for quite a while and are bloody hard on both sides.

tomparadox
12-06-04, 18:04
Just a thought. If u want to fix the prob with PvP and op wars I will tell you the easiest solution. Get more people to play it.

All these posts about PPU's and nerfing em are largely based from what I can see, on clans/teams which op war against clans which are bigger and better organised than there own. Op wars are about teamwork and having the participation of all the different classes. More major changes before DoY would be pointless. With any luck DoY will bring new players and hopefully with a bigger player base we will see a lot of the imbalances of SOME op fights even out. I say Some op fights, as when you get 2 clans of similar size and quality of players you dont get all this bitching about how one class imbalanced the fight. U know why?. Its because generally the fights last for quite a while and are bloody hard on both sides.

O_o, see, that would be ok if eatch team brought 1 ppu, but thats not how they do it, no, they bring like, 10 damn ppus, and like 5 combat chars and 3 hackers, then the ppus rush in instantly, prara everyone, then the wave of buffed apus/tanks comes in and ownes all the paraed people, then the hacks come and hack... go pvp in pp1, some idiet loses, or almost dies, zones, comes back in with a friken team or 1 tank, apu, 1 or 2 ppus, and himself to own you...

IMO and it will not change, is that ppus need to eather #1 all buffs be made self buffs exept for resist and combat bosters, heal, cath and crap like that, but shelt/def needs to be selfbuff and the para needs to be self buff...