PDA

View Full Version : Real Hardcore

awkward silence
08-06-04, 10:41
Instead of having a stupid server that just says hardcore and in the end it will be fulla... .

What about a REAL HARDCORE SERVER... NO PPU,NOT A SNGLE HEAL(not even tl 3),ONLY ONE MEDPACK A DAY(24h),NERF TEH MEAT, OFCOURSE NO SAFE ZONE, 80/80 guards.

more might come but if we get anything close to this... SEX.

yes? no?

EDIT/ just clarifying... no rezz.
only one imp drops when die...random one.
AND NO SAFE SLOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awkward silence
08-06-04, 11:10
Heh might as well double post since im prolly gonna be teh only one...*crying*

Anyways most healing will be in beds.
MC5 might aswell go down teh drain...i guess doy tunnels might be a bit hard too so they need a nerf... F*CK NO HERDCORE HAS A MEANING.

Get teh drift?

That will be one of the only things wich will separate the carebears and PKers.

Also pussies dont comment... seriously i want more input.

garyu69
08-06-04, 11:13
I'd love to see you try and level your Char with no Heals and only 1 med pack a day.

You would turn the game into Lineage 2 needing to sit down every 5 minutes.

Genty
08-06-04, 11:18
This server would not be hardcore, it would just be.....crap. :wtf:

Also there is no options on the poll that I feel projects my views so I ain't voting.

awkward silence
08-06-04, 11:19
I'd love to see you try and level your Char with no Heals and only 1 med pack a day.

You would turn the game into Lineage 2 needing to sit down every 5 minutes.

All critisims has only one answer...

HARDCORE !!!

all we need is more beds around.
and meat would still give a bit of health like perhaps +30
Also to take a cave run you would need to be/have more carefull=skilled=teamwork.

to gentry: If you dont like it you could jist go back to saturn or so.

comphrende
grrr

Mumblyfish
08-06-04, 11:27
I PRESENT MY IDEA ABOUT A HARDCORE SERVER

It can be called Hardcoretopia. And when you join it, you roll a spy. Without a weapon. And he's an amputee, so you can't use fists. Anyway, you start at MC5. Not the newbie MC5. The HARDCORE MC5. Because, you know, newbie MC5 is for wimps. You're hardcore. Anyway, when you die, your screen gets flashed with Goatse, and because you're hardcore there's no genreps. For bonus hardcore, the next time you cross the road you get hit by a tram going at high speed.

Hardcore servers are shitty.

awkward silence
08-06-04, 11:33
I PRESENT MY IDEA ABOUT A HARDCORE SERVER

It can be called Hardcoretopia. And when you join it, you roll a spy. Without a weapon. And he's an amputee, so you can't use fists. Anyway, you start at MC5. Not the newbie MC5. The HARDCORE MC5. Because, you know, newbie MC5 is for wimps. You're hardcore. Anyway, when you die, your screen gets flashed with Goatse, and because you're hardcore there's no genreps. For bonus hardcore, the next time you cross the road you get hit by a tram going at high speed.

IF you dont like it you can always just go back to a req server wear an le and hunt every fucking rare 8000 times and tell get a ppu up your arse and go to same with mc5. weeeeeeee id rather go fuck a rubber duck.

Or.... you can take le out and pvp with a ppu up your arse with no skill...fun for some ppl, but not meh, Thats why i want a new server NOT TO CHANGE OTHER SERVERS.

Lethys
08-06-04, 11:39
What about a REAL HARDCORE SERVER... NO PPU,NOT A SNGLE HEAL(not even tl 3),ONLY ONE MEDPACK A DAY(24h),NERF TEH MEAT, OFCOURSE NO SAFE ZONE, 80/80 guards.

Yeah. Because 10 second fights and 30 second OP wars are sooooooooooooo hardcore aren't they? :rolleyes:

awkward silence
08-06-04, 12:04
Yeah. Because 10 second fights and 30 second OP wars are sooooooooooooo hardcore aren't they? :rolleyes:

Bah 1 min....yes thats what i would prefer.

When you comment just remember that your gameplay will not be nerfed in anyway if you like teh current system and dont come to the new server if (wich i doubt) it is created.

So remember that when you vote please.

Mumblyfish
08-06-04, 12:06
Newsflash - Your idea is shite. Go play a different game, since what you're asking for isn't Neocron at all.

Original monk
08-06-04, 12:07
For bonus hardcore, the next time you cross the road you get hit by a tram going at high speed.

the tram: would it be hard to code ya think ??

garyu69
08-06-04, 13:14
awkward silence, how can you have a Hardcore server when all your weapons would be shite?

You wouldn't have any rares either because lets face it there won't be any Traders, so you can only use store bought weapons, you'll have no imps, and everything will break.

Oh and anything you did have you would drop obviously being all 'hardcore'. So you drop all weapons and all your money.

But good luck to you.

awkward silence
08-06-04, 13:15
Newsflash - Your idea is shite. Go play a different game, since what you're asking for isn't Neocron at all.

What names you state that as a fact?

Birkoff
08-06-04, 13:20
nosafe zone, so SL maybe

Not the crap you talked about... fucking hell... did you eventhink b4 u posted that?

olavski
08-06-04, 13:23
Dead? All stuff gone. Even your character.

That's hardcore ;)

awkward silence
08-06-04, 13:24
awkward silence, how can you have a Hardcore server when all your weapons would be shite?

You wouldn't have any rares either because lets face it there won't be any Traders, so you can only use store bought weapons, you'll have no imps, and everything will break.

Oh and anything you did have you would drop obviously being all 'hardcore'. So you drop all weapons and all your money.

But good luck to you.

I would lvl a few tradeskillers.

And i didnt have it in mind that you would drop everything...well i did but that would be too hardcore.

I just want a server where when you die you die and dont log your other account on your other comp to rezz yourself.

Also i think its more rp if you go to your bed to heal instead of a spell
Also i would like to have a server where fights would depend on your fighting skill not the ppus skill.
Also your apts will be safe (pw not zone).
Also It is what i would like. If you dont like the exact idea you could vote 2 instead of picking on details i would like.
This is not an idea for everyone but you could still respect it.
Same as i believe LEers should be able to have clans eventhough i took my LE off on all chars at noob mc5.

again thx for the flame

Birkoff
08-06-04, 13:27
I would lvl a few tradeskillers.

And i didnt have it in mind that you would drop everything...well i did but that would be too hardcore.

I just want a server where when you die you die and dont log your other account on your other comp to rezz yourself.

Also i think its more rp if you go to your bed to heal instead of a spell
Also i would like to have a server where fights would depend on your fighting skill not the ppus skill.

Also your apts will be safe.

thx for the flame

NC is cyber punk not real life... PSI is great....

If u want a hardcore server (neptune - most of us had for ages) think about it and read the past on the forums for ideas. Don't make up this trash :)

nib

Max Jefferson
08-06-04, 13:29
Why not just stick with the original Neptune idea, with a few modifications:

- No safe zones
- Less / No cop bots
- Less / No faction guards
- No LE

I don't see why a hardcore server needs to have healing removed, that would just create a huge timesink, I wouldn't want to wait for my 580 hp to regenerate at 1hp every 5 seconds or so. This is assuming you're not near a bed.

I always liked the original Neptune concept, and would definitely join if it was created.

greendonkeyuk
08-06-04, 13:39
www.unrealtournament.com

i think this probably has what youre looking for mate.

winnoc
08-06-04, 13:39
Yeah gives us neptune with HARDCORE ........... sex :-)

Birkoff
08-06-04, 13:48
www.unrealtournament.com

i think this probably has what youre looking for mate.

maybe.. if they introduced lvling... money... items... and the differnt "community"(not saying it dont have 1) NC has. RP.....

Nah its nothing like what hes lookin for

NC with a atmosphere of being scared to leave ur apartment would rule :)

(and being scared in ur apt to the best of hackers.. like specialized... 160 hack or something minimum.

awkward silence
08-06-04, 13:51
Why not just stick with the original Neptune idea, with a few modifications:

- No safe zones
- Less / No cop bots
- Less / No faction guards
- No LE

I don't see why a hardcore server needs to have healing removed, that would just create a huge timesink, I wouldn't want to wait for my 580 hp to regenerate at 1hp every 5 seconds or so. This is assuming you're not near a bed.

I always liked the original Neptune concept, and would definitely join if it was created.

I like the orginal idea too alot.
But in the end it wouldnt be much of a difference.
Like some like no le improvement rock.
But i would like it so that there would be no ppus (apus woul be a balance issue).
However this thread was made to voice my opinion its a shame everyone cant respect it.
Well ive made my point hopefully.
EDIT just to make sure most criticism was offered elsewhere not to the person i responded to.

Genty
08-06-04, 15:23
to gentry: If you dont like it you could jist go back to saturn or so.

comphrende

It's Genty btw. Sounds like what you want is just a server to yourself, because with these rules there is gonna be fuck all people playing it.

HARDCORE !!!

all we need is more beds around.
and meat would still give a bit of health like perhaps +30
Also to take a cave run you would need to be/have more carefull=skilled=teamwork.

Hope you can have fun with teamwork when no one plays on that server, note all the positive responces to this thread. If you want to have such a radically different server then Neocron really is not for you. If you take things like psi out of the world of Neocron, you are not actually playing Neocron anymore.

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:25
you want "hardcore" go play ut2004 :rolleyes:

LiL T
08-06-04, 16:29
Only self buffs alowed no PPU tl 3 healing is allowed no safe zones no SL loss and all runners can be located via citycom so theres no hiding :D

And NO LE

Scikar
08-06-04, 16:34
You could just remove PPU modules above TL40. I know I could live without rez.

mishkin
08-06-04, 16:36
I guess I have to say this: Stick to Counter-Strike :p

This is just an alteration of an old idea about making a "hardcore" server...
Stick to saturn if you like "pking" so much... That is, imo, already close to a cs-server. :rolleyes: Everyone who currently plays on pluto (A wild guess perhaps :D ) is having a good time. There is a low player-count, but a very nice feel to it still.

Let me ask you something:

With a hardcore server, with only PvP, how do you suppose you'd get a hold of a good weapon? Buying it at Yo's? And what about pokes, skills and all that? Think they should remove the whole leveling thing with no implants? there would be no pokers, since everyone would just be pking his neighbour. :D

To say the least, a hardcore server, would be a server with no lvling, no social stuff, no implants, no made weapons, no SI, nothing that would even remotely look like NC in its current state. It would be CS, with a twist towards the "unlimited space on the map" side... :p

ichinin
08-06-04, 16:41
This is the worst "hardcore" thread i ever heard. Gonna do that? Forget about tradeskillers. Enjoy your Mendicant SMG.. that's all you gonna get.

Dodgeing bullets while poking isn't fun. Some of you need to clear your heads:

Tank: *knocks on door*
Spy: -"Who is it? I'm armed!!"
Tank: -"It's (whoever) i need a MC5 poke."
Spy: "Show your hands! Now, kneel down so i can get my poke tool through the crack in the door."
Tank: *kneels down*
Spy: -"Good, Throw the cash on the floor, exit the facillity and dont come back till i've retrieved my cash."

Not an option.

seraphian
08-06-04, 16:46
OK, honestly I know I'm probably one of the biggest carebears on Pluto...

but I LOVE this idea, not exactly as written, but the overall concept is pretty good.

Here's how i would do it:

1: you need PPUs for mobs, so either you nerf the mobs (not hardcore :) ) or allow PPUs but give all player weapons some degree of anti-heal (hardcore :D)

2: if it's a real Hardcore server, take out the faction guards. A lot of PvPers want them gone, and then it will be up to the players to defend their territory.

3: eliminate the penalty for -SL, or make it so all SL loss is halved (I think NC should do that all over, the fact that accidentally putting one shot into a friendly at an OP war takes you to -3 if they die before they zone is shit)

the reason I like this idea is that it gives the people that want pure PvP a place to go where they don't have to use the rest of us as target practice. And after all there are a fair amount of them out there, and they are paying customers too, they should get a little place of their own.

awkward silence
08-06-04, 17:44
This is the worst "hardcore" thread i ever heard. Gonna do that? Forget about tradeskillers. Enjoy your Mendicant SMG.. that's all you gonna get.

Dodgeing bullets while poking isn't fun. Some of you need to clear your heads:

Spy: "Show your hands! Now, kneel down so i can get my poke tool through the crack in the door."
Spy: -"Good, Throw the cash on the floor, exit the facillity and dont come back till i've retrieved my cash."

Not an option.

Thats pretty much what im after...seriously teh spy will win.

msdong
08-06-04, 17:51
i dont think the original idea is a hardcore server. because hardcore for NC players would mean you have to REALLY depend on tradeskillers ....

Rith
08-06-04, 18:02
This is a fantastic idea

In fact lets go further.

a) No levelling - i mean fuck that shit... I don't want to spend time killing the same mob over and over and over... whats the point I just want to nail some bitches?
b) So everyone starts as a fully capped tank. No point in other classes - Psi is shit after all and Spies are just pussies with stealth, PEs are wannabe tanks. So just tanks all round.
c) No cash needed - ammo / guns just on the floor, run up and get em then go killing
d) Clans are for pussies - just every man for himself, i see you and i shoot you
e) OPs just give lag - so no OPs... in fact... I WANT TO JUST KILL, so no zones - just 1 big zone.

Woah... hang on... fucking hell... of course... how stupid am i??? du'h... I could just go and play Unreal Tournament 2004 instead of posting pointless shite on a MMORPG forum?

rob444
08-06-04, 19:18
Hm that would cost Reakktor another fortune, if they dont convert Pluto that is :lol:

landofcake
08-06-04, 19:42
That really is a fantastic idea ... but i think Quake 3 has already been made :lol:

In actuality ... that is a stupid idea.

Go back to Saturn.

Max Jefferson
08-06-04, 21:44
Spy: -"Good, Throw the cash on the floor, exit the facillity and dont come back till i've retrieved my cash."Pure cyberpunk, bring it on.

-FN-
08-06-04, 22:06
Uh, I don't know what drugs you're taking, but I know I definitely don't want any.

If anything of this caliber were to take place, Pluto should become the no-safe-zone server.

-Edit-
Also, you should lose, let's say... 1.5% of your Exp to the next level when a mob kills you and none when a player kills you... what, that idea isn't original? :p

40$Poser
08-06-04, 22:27
if this post was intended to be a joke and get some people laughing, you sir have done your task.

awkward silence
09-06-04, 08:09
Uh, I don't know what drugs you're taking, but I know I definitely don't want any.

If anything of this caliber were to take place, Pluto should become the no-safe-zone server.

-Edit-
Also, you should lose, let's say... 1.5% of your Exp to the next level when a mob kills you and none when a player kills you... what, that idea isn't original? :p

I never said pluto should be changed.

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 08:11
I have an idea for a hardcore server. Remove all wizards, I mean monks.

Oh wait, that's not hardcore, that's just fun.

Carry on.

Shelty1
10-06-04, 11:18
i think a hardcore server is a good idea..however

u just cant have no heal....(why wouldent u want it anyway???)

u can have no safe zones, u can have no safe slot u can have no rezz.....but tbh i doubt il b playing there...major changes like rmoving rezz just imbalance the game...and kk have enough to deal with atm imo

-FN-
10-06-04, 11:58
I never said pluto should be changed.

I know you didn't. I did :p I would just love to see Pluto taken for a test drive in the last few months of "Classic" NC as the server that Neptune was supposed to be if we ever got enough players. A ton of people would flood Pluto if that happened... ppl from other servers, ppl who have quit... it'd be a good time :)