View Full Version : Advanced Chars.

Oath
08-06-04, 10:21
Ok, so Ultima Online have things called advanced chars, wich you have to purchase, these players start off half capped with basic inventory, and basic skills.

My question is this, If reakktor began this, would you support it, use it, or hate it?

Post reasons, note i can think of a few :p :lol:

naimex
08-06-04, 10:24
No I wouldnīt support it..

I canīt put reasons on it.. but I am against the concept.

Oath
08-06-04, 10:25
No I wouldnīt support it..

I canīt put reasons on it.. but I am against the concept.

Fair enough, i too have reservations on it, but it's an unbiased poll really, just seeing what people think :P

Richard Slade
Due to the speed of this game and the fact that getting half-capped is a days worth of work, I'd support it if someone wanted it.
As long as that is the only thing they get and not any special treats like higher cap or some shit like that.

ufora
yea it would be quite shite. it would just fill nc up with non skilled players moreso

Judge
08-06-04, 10:27
I don't really know... I think that the people who would use it are the ones who powerlevel already (have all their weapons built for them, have a PPU up their ass until cap in caves) and to get to mid-cap for them doens't actually take that long, so I don't really see that theres much need for it.

Maester Seymour
08-06-04, 10:29
Not really sure about the idea tbh, i don't see a need for it though.

I guess i would support it if people actually wanted it. But isn't half the fun of the game to level up from scratch even if it doesn't take long to get there? :)

Oath
08-06-04, 10:30
It's not an idea guys, like i said i have some MAJOR reservations about it, as i said i just wanna know what you guys think.

MkVenner
08-06-04, 12:21
it could help the sort of people who only play for like a coupla hours a day, coz they would have to play for quite some time before they could actually do stuff other than leveling...

but other than that i cant think of any good reasons...

J. Folsom
08-06-04, 12:38
No, just no.

It would not even help the casual gamers, simply because they would not find it worth the money to buy a half-capped character, they'd much rather play normally, if slowly.

If anything, the only kind of thing related to paying which would be of help to a casual player would be the option to instead subscribe for a certain amount of playing time.

For example, you'd just pay for, say, 60 hours of playing Neocron, at the same price as for a normal month. This would be a really bad deal for the heavily devoted Neocron players, but would be excellent for a casual player.

GambitFlame
08-06-04, 12:44
As Mr Slade quite rightly put gettin half capped is a days work to an experienced player but can take forever for a new player to the game. I dont think its a good idea because it would slightly take away the learning curve for a brand new neocron player and thats what i enjoyed most :)

Crest
08-06-04, 12:59
Half cap. Is that like 50% of main skills, cause tbh thats a days work for most vets, since noobs need low levels to learn the game, thats a no no for them.... I think its a waste .....

Hey I start from scratch for the hell of it ...

Birkoff
08-06-04, 13:23
For and against, if mugs wonna pay more money to improve NC(in a half hearted way) then sure.

In gaming terms definetly not. I capped my PE in 6 hours.... making it half capped woulf of made it 4 w00t. Plus you would probably have to lom the cahr n e way as KKs idea of a newbie character has its psi in psi ressits and half its points in rifles if its a tank :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

greendonkeyuk
08-06-04, 13:43
id buy a monk with capped intel but thats it. well maybe id buy a spy too but nothin else.

Aziraphale
08-06-04, 13:59
Nah no need, leveling a newbie in Neocron is both fun and easy. You can be midlevel within a day if you work at it.

Besides, it'd fill NC up with midlevel chars who know nothing about the game, the whole newbie experience is to learn how the game works so that you can be prepared for the higher level activities.

SyncError
08-06-04, 14:18
I would actually support it, surprisingly. I used to own a LAN center and have heard the opinions from many customers concerning mmorpgs and the "required time" debate.

The fact is, leveling is the most boring thing in an mmorpg. I honestly wish developers would realize that you shouldn't have to level to gain basic skills, such as the ability to move over 1 mile per hour... or to have enough health so that a rat can't kill you. Please don't comment on my rat statment, okay? Its a big fucking rat. I get it.

Many many people out there want to play games and want to roleplaying but do not want to *waste* hours so that their character can do the very basic feats that ANY adult could accomplish. They want to get in game and roleplay... and if they have to spend 2-4 weeks (yes it will take at least that long if they are entirely NEW to Neocron, despite the fact that the rest of us could max in a week) then they won't bother.

Maybe I take it back. Maybe I don't agree at all with selling half-capped characters. I just wish that certain stats were boosted at character creation, including a large increase to walking speed and a minor increase in health points.

You may reply... that you do not need to be capped, or even half capped to roleplay. I agree. I agree that you can hop in game and be in character. But your roleplaying experiences are greatly limited until you pick up some decent skills. Combat and tradeskills I agree should be earned...

...but the ability to run faster than someone else can walk? I think everyone should be able to RUN at least as fast as anyone else can WALK.

jernau
08-06-04, 14:43
I'd support it because it makes it easier for new players and those with less time for the game. I can't see any reason it would bother or affect anyone else as it's easy enough to level in NC.

Strych9
08-06-04, 15:27
Also depends to me if you mean 50% of the level (i.e. level 50) or 50% of the experience... which would put you at level 90 or so I think. :)

JumpGate has this as well. You can pay 20 bucks and have your pilot kicked up to level 26 and are given 10 mil credits. Level 26 because that is when you can fly the first full sized fighter. Now, the difference between JG and Neo is that in JG, fighting is 100% skill based. No % chances or anything like that, so really, elevating someone to level 26 only gives them the equipment needed to fight, but they still have to learn how to fight on their own.

In Neo, skill is involved, but so is your stats. So a boost to 50 in the major categories will help players. But in Neo, having 50 in your main stat means VERY little. Biggest advantage, in my mind, is that I wouldnt have to run NEXT research missions to start, and I would start with decent runspeed.

You still have TONS of levelling ahead of you at 50% skills. In fact being set at 50% of your skills means you probably still have 90% of the levelling in the game to do.

So I wouldnt have a problem with it.

ichinin
08-06-04, 15:28
What is the point of paying to NOT play the beginning?

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:30
that's fine in a game that is a time sink, but NC aint too bad on time sinks. Also NC is PvP based and with FPS elements, it would ruin the game for many people n00b and vet alike. I dont think such a thing belongs in NC.

jernau
08-06-04, 15:34
that's fine in a game that is a time sink, but NC aint too bad on time sinks. Also NC is PvP based and with FPS elements, it would ruin the game for many people n00b and vet alike. I dont think such a thing belongs in NC.
The relative lack of time-sink is why I don't mind it.

I see it mainly being of use to people without too much time to spend on the game - they play the trial and like it but dread the MMORPG levelling grind, then they see that an extra few bucks gets them past a lot of that and BAM!! a new and useful char that can join a clan right off and enjoy himself.

Oath
08-06-04, 15:36
The way i see things working in Ultima, is you buy the char, and it starts with a standard class, the skills you have is determined by a pre made package:
Ultima Advanced Chars (http://support.uo.com/advancedcharacter.html)

ie:
Necromancer:
85 Necromancy
85 Spirit Speak
85 Resisting Spells
70 Fencing
70 Meditation
80 Strength, 70 Dexterity, 75 Intelligence.

Of course, these templates arent to everyones liking, but thats what loms are for, Ultima also has a 'skill release' function, so that by gaining points in one skill you lose them in another.

Obviously it would need to be worked on, to be honest it has had VERY LITTLE impact on the game as a whole, sure some people see it as being lazy..
Aside from saving some time in leveling chars there are no real other bonuses to this.

My issues with it are simple, i think that it promotes people to be lazy, it will interfere with low level content, it singles out those that cannot afford to purchase chars, leveling in neocron is very easy, but its also interactive unlike ultima where you can just macro away for hours using the 8x8 trick.

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:39
The relative lack of time-sink is why I don't mind it.

I see it mainly being of use to people without too much time to spend on the game - they play the trial and like it but dread the MMORPG levelling grind, then they see that an extra few bucks gets them past a lot of that and BAM!! a new and useful char that can join a clan right off and enjoy himself.

yes but also I dont like to say it but NC dosen't have the debth of one of those time sink games like UO. Now imagine said player caps quick and joins a clan, does some PK some OP wars, and then he gets borred with nc? I dont want to be on dead servers no more. And besides my fondest memories were of being a n00b not knowing anything and leveling in big groups in the level 3 sewers :p People shouldent miss out on that, and given the opportunity they will most likely allways pick the half capped character.

Oath
08-06-04, 15:42
I would never even consider talking about allowing players to start the game capped, that would destroy the game.

jernau
08-06-04, 15:43
All true.

I would see it more for those who can only play a few hours a week though who would take maybe a year to cap. I see a lot of these players leaving just as the game gets good because they have had enough of aggies and launchers.

For those who end up playing at the top-end a lot I would expect they will roll a new char and level it from scratch.

Maybe "advanced chars" should only be on 4-char servers?

/edit - I would see these chars starting at about lvl 60 in their main-skill. That way they can be a reasonable tradeskiller and have fun in combat but still have a lot of work to do and won't unbalance anything.

{MD}GeistDamnit
08-06-04, 15:49
the players who only play any mmo only a little a week never stay long anyway :p they are the types of gamer that dont really even like games too much, never did like the "casual gamer" seems they scorn the hardcore players. :lol:

mishkin
08-06-04, 15:51
No way. Ridiculous concept for this game, where you can already cap a char in a week...

Strych9
08-06-04, 15:58
Here are the main points to me.

Assuming the person buying is a true newb:

1. They skip the part of the game where they run as fast as a snail.
2. They still must do 90% of the levelling in game.
3. KK gets money and stays afloat.
4. Only disadvantage is that... well... I dont see any disadvantage to a newb doing this. No matter what they must learn how to play the game. With buying a 50% char, they just get to start out with a better platform.
5. True newbs cant cap in a week, and getting to level 50 in main skills wont really help them much in terms of levelling time. So it will take them 14 months to cap instead of 15. ONOZ!!!
6. More likely to retain newb players. First, because of the larger initial investment they paid out. Second, because they wont assume the whole game is running around killing rats since they will be capable of killing more advanced mobs.

Assuming the person buying is a vet:

1. Vets can cap in a week, yet 50% of the levels is only like 1/10 of the way to cap, and the first 50 levels go real fast anyway. So that means the Vet caps in 6 days 5 hours instead of 6 days 16 hours. ONOZ!!!
2. KK gets money and stays afloat.
3. Vets would probably end up having to spend time LOMming out the skills they started with, which would directly counter-act the time they saved by buying an advanced char. A vet that could really abuse this would also probably just start a new char to make sure that the skill points are assigned as efficiently as possible.

jernau
08-06-04, 15:59
No way. Ridiculous concept for this game, where you can already cap a char in a week...
Yeah, KK don't need the money either...:wtf:

seraphian
08-06-04, 17:05
NO.

I powerlevelled my first 2 characters, doing El Farid and cave runs with a PPU, and I missed SO MUCH of the Neocron experiance the first time through.

Until I started my APU on saturn, I had never been to half of the levelling areas in Neocron, the OZ storeage, the Spider Queen storeage rooms, the Abandoned rooms level 4 (which are is second coolest level I've found yet, second only to Point Red in terms of atmosphere. Reminds me of 'the deep six' from Max Payne)

you miss out on a lot if you don't have to do the newb sewers/plants/PP sewers/Aggie thing.

not to mention that you don't build up some of the basic skills you need to really make it. Because if you look at it there are only 2 times in the game that you are really OUTCLASSED by your target mobs: as a newb trying to do like Mutant Gunmen and Aggies, and as a rank 4x/4x doing cave runs. if you don't learn to work a room as a newb in the cellars, it's a bitch to learn once you're in MC-5 and getting the shit beaten out of you.

Jest
08-06-04, 17:07
I voted yes specifically for the points that Strych9 made.

NexusPlexus
08-06-04, 21:13
nah i think it's a bad idea,
rather learn the game from the inside out -and proper- and learn to appreciate your character and it's abilities more.
running a char from scratch as a noob might also bring a little humility to their attitude.
i'm quite happy to assist new players with info and a hand cos we all know it can be daunting but,
to have a half-capped char as a given is like these two-bit-toe-sucking-punk-asses who strut about in plaza begging for cash instead of earning it
(and they keep it up until someone just gives 'em some cash to get rid of the irritating spam)
mebbe a more dynamic tutorial can be sorted out for the true newcomers and perhaps a lev 20 odd could be available to players who already have one char of say lev 50 and above.
but on the whole i would be against it, waste of time even so.

Danae
09-06-04, 12:05
I don't think it would be too big of a deal. As several people have pointed out, half capped doesn't take *too* long to get to for most people, but there are casual gamers who only play 6 hours a week.

To me it's better than spending $300 on ebay for an account someone could try to steal back from you.

I don't see any reason to be orgasmically against it or for it to be honest.

naimex
09-06-04, 14:02
I don't see any reason to be orgasmically against it or for it to be honest.

nice use of words.. :p

I just donīt like the concept.. the game says we lvl.. so we lvl..

There is no point in buying at half cap.. then you might as well say..

you are all citizens.. you got brainwashed.. but you still have your power or speed, you just donīt know who you are..

and then let people start with higher skills..

The beginning and leveling of the game, is what teaches most people, how guns work.. and how to fight and survive...

Ever tried cheating in Diablo 2 ?

A cheated char, no matter how much hacks you got on him.. will never be as strong as one that has been leveled from lvl 1..

This will only make people be bored faster.. have no idea what they are supposed to do.. and will make them weaker in every aspect.

Heavyporker
09-06-04, 14:13
Guys, just to chime in...

how about splitting the difference?

Only make the *buy-character* option available after 3 months of play and your first character is above /30-50ish...

That way, you're sort of assured that the player has spent some time playing and knows the game reasonably well, is willing to stick around.

*THEN* at that point, you offer him the chance to skip leveling a whole another character.

Maybe make the *buy-character* option only available on ANOTHER server DIFFERENT from your first character's server? Or ONLY on the same server you already have one on?

Just some thoughts.

I sorta support the idea of *buy-character*. Cost should be $30 - about one month and half's subscription, just like how long to reasonably level to a decent position. Gets you up to /40 of your chosen class, no assigned skills, nothing in inventory, 1.5 million neocredits - more than enough to fully outfit and buy a built high level storebought OR a somewhat decent one-slot rare weapon.

Strych9
09-06-04, 15:37
I still dont see any real reason in any of this why you are against the idea. :confused:

I just donīt like the concept.. the game says we lvl.. so we lvl..People buying a char to half cap still have TONS of levelling to do. Tons. Dig up someone with a skill of 50, and look at the experience, and then see the difference between that and the 157 million needed to cap.

Its a huge amount of levelling ahead.
There is no point in buying at half cap.. then you might as well say..

you are all citizens.. you got brainwashed.. but you still have your power or speed, you just donīt know who you are..

and then let people start with higher skills..Are you just choosing to ignore the financial implications of this?

People buy their account, then they pay an extra 20 bucks or whatever to get a SMALL head start.

KK gets the extra $20. Thats good.

Players are EXACTLY as they were before- still must level and learn- just now they start out with higher level skills. No risk of them putting all of their points into Psi Resist or Endurance, and then being upset later. They start with a reasonable config, and get to see what the game is about.

Maybe you are just perhaps out of touch with the newb experience? Start a new char, and then ONLY do whatever is made OBVIOUS by the game, with no help from anyone else. I started over when I came back, and knowing 100% how to quickly level, and it was still a pain when doing it without help with money and equipment. I shudder to think how many people get scared off after their first day or two in the game.

This helps that.
The beginning and leveling of the game, is what teaches most people, how guns work.. and how to fight and survive...Still gotta level with this idea. Dont see what is different.

And its not the newb levelling that teaches you how to fight.

You dont learn to fight by killing rats and aggies.
Ever tried cheating in Diablo 2 ?

A cheated char, no matter how much hacks you got on him.. will never be as strong as one that has been leveled from lvl 1..You ever see a veteran cap a player in a week? Is that character inferior to the one a newb makes in a year? Nope.

Neocron is not D2, so just drop that comparison.

You have yet to show what the harm is here. I already showed a vet wont ever use this. And the newb that would use it would only benefit. To go from newb to wiley veteran is a LONG process, involving several runners usually.

The ONLY thing this does is allow the newb to not avoid wasting as much time in the beginning.
This will only make people be bored faster.. have no idea what they are supposed to do.. and will make them weaker in every aspect.Disagree 100%. People get bored when they dont know how the skills work, and dont know what weapons to use, and dont know there is anything else available in the game.

I know of at least one online review that wasnt aware you could go beyond the rat sewers.

This idea allows newbs to immediately see more of the game. Immediate access to more weapons, armor choices, imp choices, etc. Still tons of levelling, fear not... you just start out with a better impression of what the game has to offer.

And after the newb plays around on that char, odds are as they develope their knowledge they will be more interested in starting over with a new runner with a more specialized skill point allocation.

slaughteruall
09-06-04, 16:04
It's a very nice idea. Not a very big head start to vets like has been posted. But it is a big head start to noobs.

Agree 100% with strych9 on this one. Great idea.

Slaughter

naimex
09-06-04, 16:09
Strych, I am not out of newbie experience..

I have rerolled 9 chars in the last 2 months.

most got pretty well lvled..

spy above half cap..

pe just below full cap

monk at 33 % cap.

and the rest didnīt make it far, before I changed my mind about them..

I just donīt like the idea.

Oath
09-06-04, 17:35
I just donīt like the idea.

is it coz i is black?

NOTIZ! no racism or any shit like that intented its a joke.

Naimex, fair enough, i already said my peice on the matter, im not opposed to it at all, but i do have issues with it.

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 20:20
Half capped? Sure, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. More money for KK. :p

-FN-
09-06-04, 23:55
Everyone pays the same price with the requirement of time being invested after that to advance. People with money already get ahead in the real world, we don't need them doing it here too.

Heavyporker
10-06-04, 00:01
paying for a pre-capped character does not automatically make purchaser uber.

Oath
10-06-04, 00:21
Everyone pays the same price with the requirement of time being invested after that to advance. People with money already get ahead in the real world, we don't need them doing it here too.

That's the reason for saying no?

Um.....

O...........k..........

This isn't about 'getting ahead' it's about getting started, some people just DO NOT have the time to play games and as such miss out on a LOT of the content, having an 'advanced' char, allows the player to see MORE of the game than may have been possible before, it's in no way anything to do with people with money getting ahead, thats what fucking ebay is for.

Scikar
10-06-04, 01:07
Yes.

I have introduced a lot of people to the game, and found them quitting soon after because they don't enjoy spending hours and hours in sewers stabbing rats with a poxy knife until they can finally use a pistol, and then still have to stay in the sewers. The only reason some of them have stayed is because I'll show them all the cool stuff I have on my chars and explain it doesn't take that long to be able to use them.

It's perfectly possible for even a complete newb to reach 50 in mainskills after a couple of days if he talks to a few experienced players. So all it really does is skip the first few hours - good for people who KNOW there is more to NC than stabbing rats but don't want to spend their first few days doing exactly that before they can do anything fun.

As an experienced player I would use it myself, purely because I hate starting out as a 0/2 char. I am really sick of damn sewers and tiny mobs which still take 10 shots to kill with a capped starter weapon but you can't hit them because they're tiny and therefore reticles don't close properly, and they disappear into walls.

Starting out at 50 in mainskills would only really save a few hours. But it skips the worst few hours, the hours which really are a pain in the ass for an experienced player. It means a player completely new to the game is given the capacity to explore most of the main areas of the game if he wants to - another very good thing. You can't take a 0/2 noob to some interesting places in the game and show him what NC is really like outside of the sewers.

So the negatives are minimal, despite being considerably exaggerated by some people here, yet the bonuses have everything to go for - more money for KK, more new players sticking to the game, more experienced players sticking to the game by playing alternative chars when they get bored.

tomparadox
10-06-04, 01:32
sorry oath m8, but i jest half to disagree with you on this one :/, if they did that, they would half to make you start out with no skilpoints skilled, and also sens you can get a 0/2 tank to about 0/49 - 54 in a day O_o id say no...

I have introduced a lot of people to the game, and found them quitting soon after because they don't enjoy spending hours and hours in sewers stabbing rats with a poxy knife until they can finally use a pistol, and then still have to stay in the sewers. The only reason some of them have stayed is because I'll show them all the cool stuff I have on my chars and explain it doesn't take that long to be able to use them. WHAT THE HELL O_o omfg suwers? damn i feel sorry for them , start them off in pp1 abandon celler lvl 2, it ownz at XP, i whent from there, to aggies, to TH core lvl 2 back rooms, to core lvl 3 and now im in cylopses in like 2 days of lvling, maby less... and im about to head to el farid UG with my melee tank...

Heavyporker
10-06-04, 01:34
By fucking Crahn, why is everyone comparing casual users to speedball-coked up, intravenous-mountain dew, caffeine pill crushing'n'snorting powerlevelers?!

THE MERE FACT THAT A POWERLEVELER WITH A YEAR"S EXPERIENCE CAN LEVEL A 0/2 TO 0/INSTACAP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ISSUE!!!!

FFS!

tomparadox
10-06-04, 01:38
By fucking Crahn, why is everyone comparing casual users to speedball-coked up, intravenous-mountain dew, caffeine pill crushing'n'snorting powerlevelers?!

THE MERE FACT THAT A POWERLEVELER WITH A YEAR"S EXPERIENCE CAN LEVEL A 0/2 TO 0/INSTACAP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ISSUE!!!!

FFS! LOL when i first started the game in beta 2 i was powerlvling... if you introduce someone to the game, teach them a bit, teach them how to lvl faster and shit, give them hints, dont jest introduce them, tell them how to hit something then jest let them go on there own or they probly will leav...

edit: and besides, this idea would be completly unfair to the people that DONT powerlvl that actuly have lvled casualy...

Scikar
10-06-04, 01:41
WHAT THE HELL O_o omfg suwers? damn i feel sorry for them , start them off in pp1 abandon celler lvl 2, it ownz at XP, i whent from there, to aggies, to TH core lvl 2 back rooms, to core lvl 3 and now im in cylopses in like 2 days of lvling, maby less... and im about to head to el farid UG with my melee tank...

The one with the beggars in? Yeah great place to start newbs off. That's besides the point anyway, the point is all low level hunting is boring, especially when you run like a snail, can only carry 10 minutes worth of ammo, take 2 clips to kill any mob, die to any mob with a ranged attack, and have no money.

Also, so what if people who know what they're doing can reach 50 in mainskils in a couple of days? That just means anyone who takes up on this idea just wasted Ģ20 or whatever and gave it to KK for practically nothing, so what's the problem?

tomparadox
10-06-04, 01:46
The one with the beggars in? Yeah great place to start newbs off. That's besides the point anyway, the point is all low level hunting is boring, especially when you run like a snail, can only carry 10 minutes worth of ammo, take 2 clips to kill any mob, die to any mob with a ranged attack, and have no money.

Also, so what if people who know what they're doing can reach 50 in mainskils in a couple of days? That just means anyone who takes up on this idea just wasted Ģ20 or whatever and gave it to KK for practically nothing, so what's the problem? yea, lvling in the suwers sucks, but i am agensed the idia to add half caped chars to the game to start. because say they buy an "advansed tank " he would have 50 Str lvled 10 int 5 psi and 35 dex and 50 con that he would half to skip lvling when all the people before him, powerlvling or not, have still had to sit there and lvling, i say it would be unfair to intruduce into the game at this point, but maby at the begining it wouldent have been bad, or maby with BDOY...

edit: at this point in the game, i think it would be better off reworking the suwer lvling system and stuff, rather than offering a half caped char for money...

Heavyporker
10-06-04, 01:48
my head... my HEAD!!!

tomparadox, no offense... but... here.

http://www.dictionary.com

tomparadox
10-06-04, 01:51
my head... my HEAD!!!

tomparadox, no offense... but... here.

http://www.dictionary.com

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: i dont take any offense, id install word but i cant find the CD sens the last time iv formated, and no way in hell im going to a website and typeing in every word i *think* i dont know how to spell, even though i spell alot wrong.:p

jernau
10-06-04, 03:12
http://www.iespell.com/

:)

Oath
10-06-04, 11:11
So the points for are thus:

It would open up more of the game to casual players.
It would allow people to get a head start and experience more of the content sooner, rather than being bored killing rats.
It would bring more revenue for reakktor.
The people who don't necesarilly like the 'noob' part of the game can skip it.
Theoretically it would generate more subscriptions, as people dont have to deal with mc5 :p

Points against are:

People with money are getting ahead and shouldn't because thats how it is in the real world O_o

I don't liek eet.

'edit: Besides, this idea would be completely unfair to the people that DON'T powerlevel that actualy have leveled casualy...'

To answer tomparadoxs comment, this is for the people that "can't" play normally, ie the casual gamer, of course a hardcore player doesnt need to but these chars, ffs what is the major malfuncion of some people.

It's been explained that powerleveling to a level such as half cap takes between a few hours and a few days for the serious gamer, it can take the casual gamer years to do that, meaning that they miss out on events, content, hunting, etc.

Personally, if i knew shit about the game and began neocron now i have to say i wouldnt necesarilly be interested, assholes spamming trade with racist insults 1337 pk0rz ruining the newbie experience, how many noobs have quit the game because they've been ganked repeatedly by high level players?

This would give THOSE people the opportunity to avoid this, halfcapped players actually stand a good chance against pk0rz, sadly on the whole most 1337 pk0rz suck ass :D

THis idea would not benefit serious gamers in the least except in saving them time and lightening their wallets, we all fucking know that we can 'powerlevel' a char in a few days. The casual gamer does not and cannot, and will not have the resources to do so.

If you cannot think of a better answer than its unfair, then you need to ask yourself exactly why your saying no.

YoDa-UK
10-06-04, 12:17
I voted NO.

It would just put people in a position of being half powerful with little to no skill based on their class, there is a lot to learn from the ground up, spells and weapons, how things work and such.

Would you give a child a real gun or a plastic gun so they get the feel for it? lol 8| :p :lol:

ezza
10-06-04, 12:21
tbh im neither for or against, if people want to then sure go for it, as long as its not paying for fully equiped chars.

but if someone wants to pay for the shell of a character go for it, your money do with it as you wish.

if there not gonna be skilled then great easy kills for me :lol:

Oath
10-06-04, 12:40
tbh im neither for or against, if people want to then sure go for it, as long as its not paying for fully equiped chars.

but if someone wants to pay for the shell of a character go for it, your money do with it as you wish.

if there not gonna be skilled then great easy kills for me :lol:

:lol:

This is the point, they will NOT have full equipment in fact it would be basic, ie a weapon or two a set of relevant armor and some money, this way they are not gainaing a massive advantage over anyone, just saving a little time :)

Everyone benefits no-one looses out.

ZoomZoom
10-06-04, 12:56
i like the idea of making new chars and lvling them and being able to test all types of weapons :)

Oath
10-06-04, 14:36
i like the idea of making new chars and lvling them and being able to test all types of weapons :)

Then you would have no use for an advanced char would you? would you agree that not everyone likes leveling up new characters or has the time to do so?

SynC_187
10-06-04, 14:46
If people really want to skip leveling, they can buy an account off ebay.

jernau
10-06-04, 14:50
If people really want to skip leveling, they can buy an account off ebay.
Buying a fully capped char with all the best items is not the same as skipping the slow lowbie levels.

For starters KK don't get any money for it.

I can understand all the wannabe-yodas with their "you need to fight rats to be leet" stuff wrt ebay accounts but not the proposed idea.

Heavyporker
10-06-04, 16:37
Actually jernau.. a little mistake..

KK still gets money from people selling capped characters on ebay - the 'script fees.

jernau
10-06-04, 16:38
Actually jernau.. a little mistake..

KK still gets money from people selling capped characters on ebay - the 'script fees.
I suppose but a noob buying a capped char probably won't hang around long I suspect as we all now how much high-end content the game has ;).