PDA

View Full Version : To all users of teamspeak and norton - PLEASE READ - VIRUS WARNING

DigestiveBiscui
08-06-04, 07:49
This has just happend to me, and a mate of mine whilst at a lan, we have just got the latest norton virus defentions for 7/6/04 and the following happens.

If you use push to talk in teamspeak, the second you start TS norton will pop up, saying that there is a torjan in the TS folder and it has been deleted. From them on, push to talk doesn't work, and you cannot load the DLL for teamspeak. Re-installing it also fails because it finds the trojan in a tmp file

If you DONT use push to talk, then it is still there, you have to scan your folder manually though because the file infected is the KEYPRESS.DLL

now i don't know if its a norton mess up, or whether it actually exists, all i know is with the latest norton update TS no longer works, and a re-install can't happen

anyone else getting this? if so, please inform me

DigestiveBiscui
08-06-04, 07:54
info here on how to fix it

http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14368&page=2&pp=15

love me :p

happens with most virus scanners actually, mcafee as well

Clownst0pper
08-06-04, 12:34
AVG = win

AVG = Free

:)

Mumblyfish
08-06-04, 12:40
Sygate + AVG = Fun and Profit

Free, too.

Herbitt
08-06-04, 13:32
AVG = win

AVG = Free

yop, i use AVG

slaughteruall
08-06-04, 13:36
AVG = win

AVG = Free

i use norton corporate which is free for me :)

Slaughter

HellBreaker
08-06-04, 14:30
Sygate + AVG = Fun and Profit

Free, too.
ooooo i use both of them ^^

Cr33p3r
08-06-04, 15:27
TS sux Ventrilo easy and free (if you got the old version :lol: )

DigestiveBiscui
09-06-04, 14:01
TS > Vent to be honest

dunno why i like it more, but then again, do you think ALL the virus scanners were wrong, or you've been keylogged for the past year :p

awkward silence
09-06-04, 14:16
TS > Vent to be honest

dunno why i like it more, but then again, do you think ALL the virus scanners were wrong, or you've been keylogged for the past year :p

STFU vent>TS

YoDa-UK
09-06-04, 14:55
Yep picked this up yesterday with Nortons, after a full scan and picked it up after my warning, i removed TS from teh computer, removed the infected file and also editted teh regedit side of it.

After a reboot i reinstalled TS, only for it to pop up again, so rinse repeat, then delete TS install .exe, reboot and all fine, redownloaded the latest TS client and all running fine.

Thought i had picked it up from a m8's TS server he was hosting, but hmmm.......

Anyway its easy to fix, just make sure you change passwords in NC and anything else as this trojan picks up keystrokes, so be warned.

Shelty1
10-06-04, 11:09
little off topic.....but

several people have mentioned they use AVG and spygate

is this a complete solution (as far as possible) for cpu protection, i have AVG but not spygate...is it worth getting..?

also..how does AVG compare to summing like norton? my free norton subscription has run out now (hence the AVG), and i really dont want to have to re-pay subscription.

winnoc
10-06-04, 11:17
I had it too, after the last norton update, and my ts client was an officialy downloaded one from the ts website. It seems that the fix for this is to download the client from TS website again, the new client has a fix for it.

ex-machina
10-06-04, 13:08
Sophos pwns.

Not that I used to sell it or anything