PDA

View Full Version : Allow LE Runners to do Epics

System
08-06-04, 04:10
Let them do epics damnit. Have them do the Epic kill in NeoFrag to get the kill, I just tried it on an LE'd char and it didn't work allow it!!!!!!!

Here's the reason: Some people would like to Role play and not PvP but the only way to do the epic is to take out your LE. But... Since you guys have changed it so you cannot put an LE back in after /30 rank this totally fucks up everything.

I have one char that I do rare hunting with and get the hell out of the pvp worl because he's LE'd, its nice to relax some times. But I would like to do the epics on him.

Shadow Dancer
08-06-04, 04:15
I vote yes. Maybe a bribery option or something where you pay lots of cash.

Moscow
08-06-04, 04:22
I agree completely.

Alternative methods should be offered for Law Enforced Runners; it won't effect anything for the non-LE users, most Epic "kills" are paid for anyway.

Peace.

-Moscow

TheGreatMilenko
08-06-04, 06:17
i vote no because you shouldnt jus be able to get a epic very easy
plus you alrdy can do it with LE lol just befor you hit rank 30 just drug up to the rank needed and do the kill person mission :) so dont know why you all are whining

DonnyJepp
08-06-04, 06:26
just roll a new monk and use him as an epic mule, not like monks need any epic items anyway. Of course, that's easier on a 4-char server. I did about 5 or 6 epics on my PPU before I put his LE back in (old rules) to make him a MC5 whore. I think the only epic item I kept on him was the reveler chaincraft. The rest of the stuff went straight to my PE and a speedgun went to my tankxor.

Alternatively relax the "no LE reinsert after /30" rule, I really disliked this one in the first place. I have previously proposed that reinserting an LE after rank /XX ought to incur an experience reduction of, say, 10% of your points from all mainskills, to prevent abuse.

I can guarantee that a certain someone will come in here and call us all "cowards" in an obscenity-laden post about how LE runners give him nothing to shoot at, thereby ruining his fun and the game at-large :p

Of course, you could always buck up and buy your needed epic items, but that won't put the coveted "master" title next to your name. Depends what floats your boat. KK *could* implement an alternative path through the epics for LE runners also, that would help my new melee tank on Uranus who is just-this-minute at the point of his Biotech epic where he has to yank-to-gank to get his move-on.

naimex
08-06-04, 06:53
there are 3 sacrifices by having LE :

PvP
Epics
1 brainslot

3 sacrifices isnīt a lot to go againt the entire principle of..........anything..

I have a chunk of metal in my head.. now you canīt kill me..

LE should never have entered the game... and it is such a pain to remove.

so I voted no. If anything, LEs should be removed, or have the old affection on weapons (had to have higher skills to use the same items).

amfest
08-06-04, 06:58
LE should never have entered the game... and it is such a pain to remove.

I think the same thing about PPUs

naimex
08-06-04, 06:58

many people do.

Nvidia
08-06-04, 07:00
I can't agree with this... actually I think it's really simple. The rules have been there for such a long time! Stop trying to change them after they've been around for so long. If anything, LE users should be happy KK removed the higher restrictions on weapons. Those were MAD requirements, and I feel they should have kept them that way. All LE users need to accept the fact that:

You can't make clans.
You can't PvP in a normal environment.
You can't do epics that require a kill.

I think those are fair prices, considering the fact that you can completely lock yourself off from being attacked. This isn't even taking in the sheer amount of dirty tricks LE users can do to fuck over a non-LE users fun.

DonnyJepp
08-06-04, 07:03
This isn't even taking in the sheer amount of dirty tricks LE users can do to fuck over a non-LE users fun.

That's a 2-way street, non-LEs like to harass LE players just as much as the other way around if not more.

hivemind
08-06-04, 07:07
I'm tempted to vote yes to anything that might boost populations, but if I can't kill those extra people, what's the benefit to me?

I'd vote no...

Crucificio
08-06-04, 07:07
I think LE's should not be taken out of the game. There needs to be a viable alternative for people that like to play Neocron but not be constantly hassled by antagonistic PK's that get their jollies from PK'ing just to cause grief to someone else.

But I also agree there should be a way for LE'd runners to complete the epic missions. This would not cause a game imbalance, so I do not see it as a big issue.

Biznatchy
08-06-04, 07:08

Well and parashock.

But there needs to be less drawbacks to the LE. I mean when i first started all weps had two stats one for LE and one for non LE, that was fucked also. Not only did you give up a brain slot you had higher req's for stuff.

The le is a great addition to this game. It allows for people to chose the playstyle they like and still put cash in the bank for us PVP'ers to keep the server open. Just think of it like that. The people with LE's still pay each month to keep the game around.

So really I voted yes why should they that chose that playstyle be excluded from getting the epic done. I dont know why you dont have le clans that just cant take bases.

Biznatchy
08-06-04, 07:10
That's a 2-way street, non-LEs like to harass LE players just as much as the other way around if not more.

but what has le abuse got to do with epics.

naimex
08-06-04, 07:15
Well and parashock.

But there needs to be less drawbacks to the LE. I mean when i first started all weps had two stats one for LE and one for non LE, that was fucked also. Not only did you give up a brain slot you had higher req's for stuff.

The le is a great addition to this game. It allows for people to chose the playstyle they like and still put cash in the bank for us PVP'ers to keep the server open. Just think of it like that. The people with LE's still pay each month to keep the game around.

So really I voted yes why should they that chose that playstyle be excluded from getting the epic done. I dont know why you dont have le clans that just cant take bases.

you honestly arenīt annoyed, by that idiot, standing infront of you, calling you a lame loser, and you canīt do anything about it, because he has an LE in..

then think realistically..

if that had happened in RL, you would have knocked him down faster than he could close his mouth...

what if you couldnt... because he was wearing a tin-foil hat ??

wouldnīt that upset your reality perception ?

There arenīt LE clanīs, because it goes against the principle of a clan..

A clan is a group of people believing and striving for a goal..
Nothing good can happen, without something bad happening too..

itīs a balance thing..

Biznatchy
08-06-04, 07:27
you honestly arenīt annoyed, by that idiot, standing infront of you, calling you a lame loser, and you canīt do anything about it, because he has an LE in..

if that had happened in RL, you would have knocked him down faster than he could close his mouth...

itīs a balance thing..

You have issues, there is this thing called ignore, and having the self confidence to just laugh at people with smaller brains.

So they dont PVP that doesnt mean they cant have goals and strive for common goals. Maybe they want to RP a city clan helping to clean the wastelands of warbots. Maybe they are a adventure clan going out to explore and gather stuff. Hell i dont know use some imagination for once with that small brain. Just because a group of people are not pvp junkies doesnt mean they cant roleplay. Ive seen many groups that dont pvp that have great rp. I myself find it a bit boring but hey to each thier own. I respect peoples right to do things the way they want to, unless its my job to kill them in the process.

Balance, haaaaa, as long as there are ppu monks this game has no balance.

naimex
08-06-04, 07:56
You have issues, there is this thing called ignore, and having the self confidence to just laugh at people with smaller brains.

So they dont PVP that doesnt mean they cant have goals and strive for common goals. Maybe they want to RP a city clan helping to clean the wastelands of warbots. Maybe they are a adventure clan going out to explore and gather stuff. Hell i dont know use some imagination for once with that small brain. Just because a group of people are not pvp junkies doesnt mean they cant roleplay. Ive seen many groups that dont pvp that have great rp. I myself find it a bit boring but hey to each thier own. I respect peoples right to do things the way they want to, unless its my job to kill them in the process.

Balance, haaaaa, as long as there are ppu monks this game has no balance.

use my imagination..

RP..

donīt even bring RP into this..

RP says you die, you die..
RP says you can ALWAYS get killed..
RP says you donīt leave the life of your character.

LE is a contradiction to RP.

Adventure you say ??

What kind of adventure would it be, if there was no danger ?

You need to know what those things mean..

DonnyJepp
08-06-04, 08:03
use my imagination..

RP..

donīt even bring RP into this..

RP says you die, you die..
RP says you can ALWAYS get killed..
RP says you donīt leave the life of your character.

LE is a contradiction to RP.

Adventure you say ??

What kind of adventure would it be, if there was no danger ?

You need to know what those things mean..

That's hilarious man. Nothing about an LE says I can't stand around and say "yes m'lady" "yes m'lord" and RP like a pro with all the thee's and thou's and all that stuff.

LE is no bar to RP, if that's what you're into.

naimex
08-06-04, 08:07
That's hilarious man. Nothing about an LE says I can't stand around and say "yes m'lady" "yes m'lord" and RP like a pro with all the thee's and thou's and all that stuff.

LE is no bar to RP, if that's what you're into.

those are just phrases of Medieval RP...

LE prevent getting killed for your actions, which is contradicting RP.

Roleplaying :

You set up a persona for your character, and you use that persona at all times.

If you die.. you die.. and then you donīt come back.

You take responsibility for your actions..meaning if you piss someone off, then he should have the option to kill you.

LE prevents this..

RP is so much more than words.. itīs actions, and their effect on the environment around you.

ou7blaze
08-06-04, 08:23
I'm voting NO, because simply since the first day i played this game (since beta4) i have not used an LE , removed it right away.

Why is LE even in this game, it ruins it in every way, it's like why can't someone die ??? doesn't make sense does it, sure forma mob fine, but people can just sit at OP wars as a spy for DAYS. That is lame.

ino
08-06-04, 08:43
Whynot, an epic should be doable for someone with an LE in.

you know naim, the idiot standing there with the LE in calling you names isnt something to get upset about. I just say, omg your so cute, your name is all green and fuzzy.Then I usually run after him with apu and take his loot for a while :) works wonders, they get all angry like a little squirrel :)

Nvidia
08-06-04, 09:22
Johnny, the amount of abuse I have seen LE users create towards non-LEers is much higher than the other way around. Do you have any idea how easy it is for LE users to exploit game mechanics and make anyone's in-game day a living hell?

I've had LE users abuse me verbally, follow me around and steal my warbots, run along side me to OP wars, report my sniping positions to the enemies, blockade OP entrances with vehicles... the list goes on and on. You know what the difference with a non-LE user is though? If they do any of those things, you can kill them.

I'm sorry, but after all this shit, LE users get absolutely no sympathy from me. If LE users continue to exploit game mechanics, and 'game the game', I feel others should stand along side me and rally against the LE chip.

I hope everyone knows that the LE chip wasn't even originally planned for this game... so be happy with what you get.

Shadow Dancer
08-06-04, 09:39
Nvidia non LE users can do the same thing. Like those lameasses that blow up the vehicles of LE users. Or stealing THEIR warbots.

bah

plus you alrdy can do it with LE lol just befor you hit rank 30 just drug up to the rank needed and do the kill person mission :) so dont know why you all are whining

You can still do the epic easy without LE.

o_O

:lol:

http://neocron.jafc.de/images/icons/icon14.gif

if that had happened in RL

You would be arrested for assault if you beat him up.

I hate when people use RL as an example. o_O

I think LE users should not lose a brainslot, should be able to make clans, and should be able to complete epic. However, I think LE should be a serious longterm choice, not a "oh I'll just use it until so and so". You should only be able to implant it or take it out once a month. REAL time, not nc month.

I don't see why LE users should have so many restrictions. I don't even think a person is worth fighting in pvp, if they really are the longterm LE user type. So what's the point?

DonnyJepp
08-06-04, 09:48
Johnny, the amount of abuse I have seen LE users create towards non-LEers is much higher than the other way around. Do you have any idea how easy it is for LE users to exploit game mechanics and make anyone's in-game day a living hell?

I've had LE users abuse me verbally, follow me around and steal my warbots, run along side me to OP wars, report my sniping positions to the enemies, blockade OP entrances with vehicles... the list goes on and on. You know what the difference with a non-LE user is though? If they do any of those things, you can kill them.

I'm sorry, but after all this shit, LE users get absolutely no sympathy from me. If LE users continue to exploit game mechanics, and 'game the game', I feel others should stand along side me and rally against the LE chip.

I hope everyone knows that the LE chip wasn't even originally planned for this game... so be happy with what you get.

It goes both ways man, 50/50. I've been pushed into the MC5 guards line of fire repeatedly by non LEs while trying to rez teammates and was told by a GM that it was fair play, so be it. If they want to be dicks to us, 2 can play. At least half of the things you listed are something you can report as abuse if you care to do so. I've kept my capped LE PPU for one thing, high-level PVM, and I only give as good as I get when it comes to harassment.

I've had loot stolen, vehicles blown up, been pushed into the line of fire, had non-LEs refuse to leave a cave to let it reset in order to piss us off, you name it. You know what? I didn't come here to bitch about it either. I've never done of the things you describe. Few LEs actively use them to gain a PVP advantage, and I agree that it's a distasteful tactic.

Why people without LEs in think that they have first dibs on any and every aspect of the game (including RP now I guess) is beyond me.

Mighty Max
08-06-04, 09:50

I wonder where this rumor comes from :rolleyes:

I know that is very popular to moan about the LE, but the only real ingame occasions i encountered when i were called to remove it was to allow grief on me or my group.

For what shall my pure conster (not lomed not trained through PSI or co) be ********** by some PA shit. Some ppl however are totally intolerant and cant stay that anyone is not killable in their rampage. But those ppl most times dont give anything for RP reasons.

Learn to accept other ways to live and play.

There is no way to play of a LE player that harms you and is not reportable.

Look around on the servers, 50% of the players wouldnt be of the level they are now eithout LE, ill bet the half of them wouldnt even play anymore because they got scammed and griefed while lowlevel.

Hence look why espacially on Saturn the LE-wearers are so much more then on other servers.

But i bet, you would more like servers with population of pluto then servers with the LE beeing allowed, oh yeah :rolleyes:

Richard Slade
08-06-04, 10:11
Vote no on this
"Are YOU a carebear" question.
If you wanna hunt the good stuff,
be ready to fight for your good stuff damnit

KSing ain't fun, LE=KS
BAH!

massic
08-06-04, 10:30
Whatever happened to Neptune?

Why not make an LE only server, no pvp at all and then take the LE off all the other retail servers. Then the carebears can all hang out and RP themselves to death.

Oh yeah, I voted yes because it does suck to LE players to do an epic. Plus there needs to be alternatives to killing runners, without paying someone for a kill which everyone does anyways. How is a pure tradeskiller supposed to kill someone or a ppu for that matter? Especially when ppu's are walking around with three stars trying to find a runner of equal or greater rank, their TL8 parashock bolt in hand and DB ready.

I remember way back when they first announced the epic runs and I remember KK saying that there would be alternatives to the kill missions for tradeskillers and ppu etc. I'm guessing that was decided against? Or is this another feature to be released with BDoy?

Richard Slade
08-06-04, 10:34
Neptune found a blackhole and went on vacation
Is now married to EVE Online and are the ones who pump out those new
meteorites every server maint...

ichinin
08-06-04, 10:39
If you feel like someone is abusing the LE/Non LE mechanic of the game, KK has said earlier: abuse@neocron.com

Period.

And yes there should be 2 separate new servers for more RP and less RP (more of an UT server), then we can remove the LE.

1. The "VetteroX server": for PK'ers who like to kill everything, No SL penalties, easy to level up tradeskills. 2 Characters at least on that server.

2. For RP'ers, if you kill someone, BIG SL loss. Team killing/(Same)Faction killing = MASSIVE SL loss, make the game almost unplayable for TK/FK'ers. (Bye bye Nemesis_2K) Bountyhunters hunt you down for profit. 1 character slot is enough, no alts except when u buy an extra account.

How hard is this to create?

Richard Slade
08-06-04, 10:41
Dude, they got a hard time making a balance and a patch
It's been what.. 2years with the para now
Imagine the time to get ONE server with NO different rules...

Liebestoter
08-06-04, 10:57
Haha.

No.

Menolak
08-06-04, 11:02

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. ``You shouldn't just be able to get an epic very easy``..
90% of the people DO get their epics easily, between paying for the kills, help from higher level characters, such as rides/protection, or just answers to their questions on the trade channel :ex: How do I get to outzone prison? Where do I get paretemol forte?........
Letting LE players do the epic will change absolutely nothing about the game, at the worst, there will be more silly noobs selling MOVEON's and SpeedGatlings for pennies.. (I've seen quite a few noobs get scammed out of their epic items, happens all the time...``Of course this 0 slot Doom Beamer is worth your Moveon, hell, if you make a tank, you can even USE it someday! What the hell, take a few ID'd drone parts, I'm feeling generous!``)
Give me a break

System
08-06-04, 13:42
@ Richard Slade "You are a Carebear"

LMFAO ROLF me carebear LMFAO, nuff said on that subject.

@ TheGreatMilenko "plus you alrdy can do it with LE lol just befor you hit rank 30 just drug up to the rank needed and do the kill person mission so dont know why you all are whining"

Yea lets see you drug up from /29 or lower to rank /45

@ naimex "there are 3 sacrifices by having LE"

Theres a little more then 3 buddy

------------------------------------------------

Answer me this. Name a reason and make it a good reason why LE's shouldnt be able to do epics? Huh... yea whats the harm in it. Nothing at all. You just wanna kill anyone you see running around minding their own business.

And LE is in the game to allow people to choose between Role Play without PvP or to Role Play with PvP. Therefore not allowing an LE'd char to finish the epics isn't allowing the char to Role Play to his faction needs.

-- Diablos --

Nvidia
08-06-04, 16:50
Johnny and Shad... you guys are still missing my point.

If a non-LEer came up to you and started doing those things, you could simply kill them and move on.

But, these people who do things with LE chips know damn well there isn't jack shit you can do to stop, or kill them.

They're just like the PPUs that laugh at solo players they encounter. Except they don't even need to worry about the possibility of being ganged up on by all the solo players friends.

Mighty Max
08-06-04, 17:29
1. You could contact a GM (use that little ? at the top right of the screen)
2. You could send a mail to Abuse@neocron.com

If a LE is griefing. But honestly, that is not a normal and all day situation.

But an all day situation is that if an LE is somewhere leveling for himself he gets shouted at and called [put any bad word in here]

You can even find posts on the forums from time to time from ppl on the board beeing proud to have showed the evil LE user his knowledge on these words. :rolleyes:

Jest
08-06-04, 17:39
I voted no. In my opinion LE players take away from the atmosphere of the game. I dont even like LEd GM-run RP characters. They should just have god mode on or something.

LE cannot be put back in till level 30 for a reason. Its a leveling tool. It keeps you safe from player killers while you are learning the game. Notice the epics have level reqs above 30. If you want to abuse the LE by using it after level 30 then by all means go for it, but dont expect to get all the perks of not having one in. Go do the NEXT epic or take your LE out.

LTA
08-06-04, 17:53
The wastelands is very dangerous for runners even le'd.... how many grims, warbies or other various mobs have come over a hill, out a bush spawned in your face to progress to whupp your ass.

The only part of le i don't like is the spying options it has, apart from that if the le dude stands there calling your mum or something, WTF lol... ignore it move on, remember its just the internet which has many people doing this all day everyday.

I dont even think clans should be restricted, if people don't like pvp they don't like it, the opton to avoid it should be a readily available one which dosent hinder there gaming experience and besides how many of them will witness pvp and think yeah i'd like to have a go?
Most don't cuz they get hounded, pk'd etc etc and quit before they get upto high lev le status and most the high lev ones i encounter are generally rare farming minding their own business.

Moscow
08-06-04, 17:54
I voted no. In my opinion LE players take away from the atmosphere of the game. I dont even like LEd GM-run RP characters. They should just have god mode on or something.

So character names like "BLOWJOB" and "fuck you" don't take away from the atmosphere?

So people spamming the trade channels with egotistical, and often offensive, phrases (While using Out Of Game phrases and references) doesn't take away from the atmosphere?

So almost constant childish bickering over the trade channels doesn't take away from the atmosphere?

So those people spamming "I PWN YOU" after a Military Base "raid" doesn't take away from the atmosphere?

Seems a wee bit asinine to complain about the Law Enforcer taking away from the game's "feel", yet not make any comment about the more detrimental acts like I just mentioned. Furthermore, people always seem to complain when Game Masters (Or, indeed, Faction Counsellors) use God mode, so that's a no-win situation for Reakktor right there.

LE cannot be put back in till level 30 for a reason. Its a leveling tool. It keeps you safe from player killers while you are learning the game. Notice the epics have level reqs above 30. If you want to abuse the LE by using it after level 30 then by all means go for it, but dont expect to get all the perks of not having one in. Go do the NEXT epic or take your LE out.

The Law Enforcer been around since early beta; the Epic Runs a matter of months. Why would Reakktor suddenly do a one-eighty flip on how the Law Enforcer is supposed to be used? The rank restriction (Which, personally, I think should be a Soul Light restriction rather than a rank one) was brought in to try and quell the complants of capped Runners using it to run missions while on low Soul Light.

Finally, how on Earth can anyone think the Epic Runs are there to promote Player Vs Player? Look on the trade channel, look on local chat, look at OOC....you will always, always find someone PAYING for the Epic kill.

The only difference between Law Enforcer users and non Law Enforcer users, in terms of Epic runs anyway, is the ease of getting ahold of the rewards.

Peace.

-Moscow

Carinth
08-06-04, 17:56
The LE is not a feature, it is not supposed to be a viable alternative to PvP. The LE is a crutch for new players so they are not ganked by bored capped characters. You keep your LE in until you feel you're strong enough to participate in PvP. You were never meant to keep your LE in, I repeat it is not supposed to be a viable alternative way to play the game!

Be greatful the LE still exists and does not have as bad a malus as it used too. Just the same as LoM's and SL loss dungeons, it's a fix KK did not like but put in to satisfy customers.

Moscow
08-06-04, 18:02
The LE is not a feature, it is not supposed to be a viable alternative to PvP. The LE is a crutch for new players so they are not ganked by bored capped characters. You keep your LE in until you feel you're strong enough to participate in PvP. You were never meant to keep your LE in, I repeat it is not supposed to be a viable alternative way to play the game!

So what about those players that finally cap their avatars, remove the Law Enforcer and only then find out that Player Vs Player isn't for them? Re-roll? Sorry, but for a lot of people that isn't a viable choice; unlike a lot of people who were in beta, quite a few players haven't got a huge amount of knowledge or groups to help them.

Furthermore, if the Law Enforcer isn't a feature, then why has it been a part of the game for so long? Why was it originally stated, several times in fact, that the Law Enforcer users could even have their own clans, etc, if all members were Law Enforced?

Peace.

-Moscow

Carinth
08-06-04, 18:53
So what about those players that finally cap their avatars, remove the Law Enforcer and only then find out that Player Vs Player isn't for them? Re-roll? Sorry, but for a lot of people that isn't a viable choice; unlike a lot of people who were in beta, quite a few players haven't got a huge amount of knowledge or groups to help them.

Furthermore, if the Law Enforcer isn't a feature, then why has it been a part of the game for so long? Why was it originally stated, several times in fact, that the Law Enforcer users could even have their own clans, etc, if all members were Law Enforced?

Peace.

-Moscow

By the same token as LoM's were not an intentional feature. They were put in because of how often patches made changes which required us to alter our setups. They were not intended to allow you to switch professions, what you pick was supposed to be with you through life. Yes if you made a mistake you had to reroll your character. Unfortuanetly for KK, once they put it in, the customers embraced LoM's and would not give them up. If you go back to the patch notes for when LoM's were introduced you can even see them say "temporary fix" "will be removed soon".

The LE is the exact same, and you can even see the discussion for the patch that put in the level 30 restriction. I believe it was Thanatos who said the LE was not meant to be used by high level/capped characters. The only reason it still exists is because so many use the LE that KK would be alienating a good part of their customer base.

When I started playing neocron, during Beta4, the LE made a lot of sense. It allowed me to figure out how the game works and get some experience before I enter the PvP world. The downside was higher reqs on items and less exp/cash gained while leveling. I remember being cornerd by some jerks in the pp sewers, but being able to ignore them cause of my LE. After a while I felt I knew enough to join a clan and start playing Neocron for real.

Why is it so hard to accept that this is a PvP game? Seriously if you want nothing to do with pvp then Neocron is not exactly the best choice of mmorpg's. Neocron's biggest selling point and the reason people come back to Neocron is the fps combat. Personally I'm not the biggest pvp fan anymore, I'm pretty balanced now. But I recognize that pvp is where neocron excels beyond all the other mmorpgs. If I wasn't interested in PvP, I would prolly be playing SWG. There are plenty of other mmorpgs that focus more on content/pvm/social interaction, much better then Neocron has.

CRAIG DIGGERS
08-06-04, 18:54
:lol:

Jest
08-06-04, 18:55
So character names like "BLOWJOB" and "fuck you" don't take away from the atmosphere?

So people spamming the trade channels with egotistical, and often offensive, phrases (While using Out Of Game phrases and references) doesn't take away from the atmosphere?

So almost constant childish bickering over the trade channels doesn't take away from the atmosphere?

So those people spamming "I PWN YOU" after a Military Base "raid" doesn't take away from the atmosphere?

Seems a wee bit asinine to complain about the Law Enforcer taking away from the game's "feel", yet not make any comment about the more detrimental acts like I just mentioned. Furthermore, people always seem to complain when Game Masters (Or, indeed, Faction Counsellors) use God mode, so that's a no-win situation for Reakktor right there.

-MoscowMy bad, I thought this was a discussion about LE players doing epics, not about players with the name BLOWJOB. Silly me.

VetteroX
08-06-04, 19:33
No, LE users should not be able to do epics. This game is made for pvp, and if they dont want to do the most important part of the game, then they should have penalties. Normal people have to watch out for other players while they hunt... LE cowards dont, so I say pile the penalties on em and dont stop. LE users also are very annoying to non le users, we cant kill them t get em out of MC5 orr anything like that... totaly lame and unfair. I say LE users should not be allowed to go to MC5. Here is my list of what else LE users shouldnt be able to do:

LE users dont want to do pvp in a pvp game... why let them interact at all? So...

LE users can't communicate in any form with non le users

LE users ca't trade with non LE users

LE users cant be poked with non LE users

LE users cant pick up items dropped my non LE users.

LE users can not enter war zones at all

LE users can be voted out of a zone if 2 or more non LE users vote

NPC shop owners are so disgusted by LE use they sell all items at 3X the price, wasteland ventors begin shooting LE users on sight.

At levels past 30/30 an LE user must use 2 brain slots for 2 LE's to stay unkillable.

LE users cant use rares, or PA

Finnaly, if you use an LE past 30/30 the last name "McPussy" gets added to you name, ex, if your name was Hunter, and you keep an LE in past 30/30, your name viewable by players will now be "Hunter McPussy"

plague
08-06-04, 19:36
LE users dont want to do pvp in a pvp game... why let them interact at all? So...

LE users can't communicate in any form with non le users

LE users ca't trade with non LE users

LE users cant be poked with non LE users

LE users cant pick up items dropped my non LE users.

LE users can not enter war zones at all

LE users can be voted out of a zone if 2 or more non LE users vote

NPC shop owners are so disgusted by LE use they sell all items at 3X the price, wasteland ventors begin shooting LE users on sight.

lol vet that just retarded, why dont we make this game like quake and cs or somthing, somm ppl DO NOT want to pvp and they have right not to this is mmo not some kinda online shoter and evryone should get chance to rp ....

Scikar
08-06-04, 19:36
LE harms RP atmosphere. True RPers don't use the LE - look at Marx's tradeskiller spy. Therefore using RP as an argument that LE users should be able to do epics doesn't wash. I vote no.

plague
08-06-04, 19:41
there is no exuces, there only opinions thats it, am sure ya all pissed off that u can't kill someone but thats not reason enough to cut them off the entire game.

Mighty Max
08-06-04, 21:05
LE harms RP atmosphere. True RPers don't use the LE - look at Marx's tradeskiller spy. Therefore using RP as an argument that LE users should be able to do epics doesn't wash. I vote no.

I see what ya mean, no sexing a dead LE's corpse, yupp huge disadvantage to the athomsphere.

The biggest roleplayer always show up in a thread about PK / LE

Strych9
08-06-04, 21:14
1. A hardcore server will never work. As soon as we have a server where everyone can PK everyone else at will, no restrictions... that server wouldnt last a week.

2. Stop with the "this is a PvP game" nonsense, Vett and others.

A. How much exp do you get for killing another runner?
B. How much money do you get for killing another runner?

Thats what I thought.

Until there is a numerical answer aside from 0 for the above two questions, this game is far from being just a "PvP" game.

C. If you are a pure PvP char, do you poke yourself, res your own tech parts, build your own rares and weaps??

Until you can answer 'yes' to that question, this game will always have a HUGE segment of it that has NOTHING to do with PvP.

Also, as long as there are ANY safezones, what the hell difference does a LE make? My main, Strych9, constructs at 231. Do you think he ever leaves a safezone for any reason now? So what is the difference between that and someone with a LE in? Strych9 can mock you on trade, and you can never kill him. So what?

LE is not a problem. Its playstyles that are a problem.

3. Regarding epics- I dont see why LE users should be able to do them.

If you respect RP, you respect the RP reasons, in the epic runs, why you need to kill someone. Its ALWAYS done to prove loyalty or trust. If you arent willing to kill someone, you dont deserve to get the epic based on the mandate that you kill someone.

And the NEXT epic can be done with a LE. So go get a reveler.

Epics have legit RP reasons to kill runners. I dont see why those should be ignored.

Seven
09-06-04, 00:52
I agree completely.

Alternative methods should be offered for Law Enforced Runners; it won't effect anything for the non-LE users, most Epic "kills" are paid for anyway.

Peace.

-Moscow

Exactly! 5 Stars!

Scikar
09-06-04, 00:58
Actually thinking about it, epics would probably be better off without any kills required at all. Most factions require runners to find and kill a runner from at least one mostly empty faction. Or take the case of CA having to kill TG. The only place a CA usually meets a TG is in Pepper, where nobody dies since everyone zone hops, the canyon itself, which is instant death for a lone CA, or OP wars, and epic runs shouldn't require a runner to organise a whole clan for an OP war just to kill someone from another faction.

I don't think epics should be changed so that LE users complete the epic without a kill and non-LEs are required to. But I also don't think LE users should be specifically excluded if the kills are taken out, so I would support KK removing the kills and perhaps adding a bit extra for everyone to do in their place.

Odin
09-06-04, 01:04
I wonder where this rumor comes from :rolleyes:

No rumor. The game was founded on no pvp chip and wasn't announced until beta II to very large dismay.

The LE chip is not meant as a long term option. It is meant to ease people into pvp. So no there will not be any changes. If the restrictions were to change I could only see the restrictions getting tougher not lighter.

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 01:38
No rumor. The game was founded on no pvp chip and wasn't announced until beta II to very large dismay.

The LE chip is not meant as a long term option. It is meant to ease people into pvp. So no there will not be any changes. If the restrictions were to change I could only see the restrictions getting tougher not lighter.

Wow. I guess that ends the arguement right there. I always thought it was supposed to be another viable pathway in the game, and a long term option as well.

tomparadox
09-06-04, 01:46

itīs a balance thing..

yes i know what you meen, i use LE while im lvling atm, but thats because i dont whant to get killed by idiots that feel like killing a Fing #/15 melee tank... other than that i hate them. they take way to long to take out, they are a wast of a brain slot if your higher lvl like /30 +. IMO they should be removed, or atlest you should have the option to NOT START WITH ONE, because i personaly hate siting there for 5 damn minets it seems to take the stupid thing out...

VetteroX
09-06-04, 02:05

Let me make this short for all you carebears: You got served

plague
09-06-04, 02:21
Let me make this short for all you carebears: You got served
lol, carebares I think most ppl misinterprets these term and use it inapropriate.
it's not about afraid being killed or dislikeing pkers or what ever it's about doing what you wanna do and somm ppl do not wan't to pvp but trade skill and other funn things this game has to offer, and i think they should be able to. Not that i give a damn who wants to do what lol just think it would fair to give somm ppl a chance to play this game the way they want it..

DonnyJepp
09-06-04, 02:47

so if we suck at pvp and just die all the time, there is no place for us in this game? Might as well cancel my 2 accounts right now...I guess KK doesn't need the money. :rolleyes:

VetteroX
09-06-04, 03:19
so if we suck at pvp and just die all the time, there is no place for us in this game? Might as well cancel my 2 accounts right now...I guess KK doesn't need the money. :rolleyes:

Practice, think about how you died, were your resists too low? aiming bad? run speed too slow to escape? wrong place to be? Then think about how to fix it... If you really cant get good, use diplomacy... poke pkers, trade with them, etc. For example, there was this monk named "I am a poker" who would poke pkers (like me) when others wouldnt. The result was, he got left alone, and the people around him got killed, ress killed, and killed again, but since he was helpful to pkers, he got left alone to hunt, poke, or do whatever else he wanted. LE is just the cowards way out in my view.

Carinth
09-06-04, 03:26
If bowing over and tradeskilling your killers doesnt suit you, then you can meet other people, make friends, join teams, join clans. You're not alone against the world.

Mighty Max
09-06-04, 10:28

I remember getting my CDs, logging in and find an LE sold at the local trader.
Hence everyone spammed those around because they cost a total of 0cr a piece.

And to be honest, i dont believe i would have played this game longer then 2 weeks without the LE. It is a choice to play Odin, and it was communicated to us this way.

The LE back then had the huge disadvantage of higher skill rq. I leveled even with that, i did suffer enough from the LE, just because of the fact i dont want to kill another player, and you wont find anyone who is killed by my toons.

Additional to this i fail to see how we (the LE) harm the athmosphere, or the gameplay, WE are not the ones flaming around when we see a non-LEed.

We play this game too, buffing team mates, hunting together, going on exploration. The only thing we dont do is attack other players who mind their own business. There is allways enough players who want a PvP chanllange, I dont, i take the communication & trade part of this game higher then the PvP.

Yes, thats carebearish, but hey, thats also the inner feeling, i dont go to play a game to make other players gaming expierience shit. Why i know that it would do this? Because of the massive amounts of flames when a player was beaten. I want fun and i want the others having a fun time.

It aint a problem if i couldnt kill anyone and would be attacked&killed on some occasions. But it is not possible, go out, dont fight back, and you get ********** and ********** all over. I tried this too.

At least, i definately know i wouldnt play a game, with no safezones and no other way to protect myself for those griefers. Because it takes away the fun out this game for me.

naimex
09-06-04, 10:34
At least, i definately know i wouldnt play a game, with no safezones and no other way to protect myself for those griefers. Because it takes away the fun out this game for me.

thatīs a personal opinion, and youīre entitled to have that..

but donīt you find it... too far from the fact that it is cyberpunk...

that there are persons, that can avoid getting attacked, and killed by others..

you are a human.. gentank, monk, pe, spy... all of them are humans..

take one of those and put a LE in.. and you have a GOD... a non targetable unkillable GOD that runs around.

Thatīs just not cyberpunk.....

and it really shouldnīt be there..

Liebestoter
09-06-04, 10:38
Protection from griefers you say? Players can police themselves. If they don't, well, chalk one up for human nature I guess huh? We try to grief the griefers. But their massive numbers of monks makes that hard. Oh well.

PS safezones sux plz remove kthx <3 MJS

Mighty Max
09-06-04, 10:53
take one of those and put a LE in.. and you have a GOD... a non targetable unkillable GOD that runs around.

Go into a cave and see what is left from your GODness.

Yeah, im not killable by players, but i cant do anything against them.
I still suck against PvM, because i have.. hmm 66 M-C as my only attack skill. You know what tradeskiller mean ?

I have played as non LEed tradeskillers, (i take this serious and pure) what you get ? The ones that you are supporting with weapons kill you on the other side with their other chars/account.

I have said it before, i did infact try to not PvP but be killable, but it is absolutely not doable, you even get shot by your own faction when you go out to buy parts in an not safe zone. But hey, its RP when an ANTI City needs to stay in NC to be safe for the own faction ....

thatīs a personal opinion, and youīre entitled to have that..

Sure that is, and the main thing _That is the reason why i play_

What this sentence of Odin has meant to me, why im *** right now:

"We dont want you play this game, Fuck off"
(Sounds harsh, but that is what this would actual mean to me, i wont kill other players)

Thanks that i put loads of hours into the game and its players, and then tell me this. Nice.

LTA
09-06-04, 10:56
that
but donīt you find it... too far from the fact that it is cyberpunk...

you are a human.. gentank, monk, pe, spy... all of them are humans..

take one of those and put a LE in.. and you have a GOD... a untargetable unkillable GOD that runs around.

heh swap le for ppu then get the almost exact same effect.. bar the untargetable bit :D

naimex
09-06-04, 10:59
well, all anti city. shouldnīt have been allowed into NC in the first place..

and people that kill their own faction, allied faction.. should get thrown out.. not the first time.. but the second time.. and then they should have to do a run, and pay a heavy price to get back in..

and factions shouldnt take people in, without getting 20 mil.. so you decide from start.. what your faction is.. and then if you want to change later, then its 20 mil on the table. or re-roll new char..

but yea.. it sucks dying.. but hey.. atleast you donīt really lose anything anyways.

heh swap le for ppu then get the almost exact same effect.. bar the untargetable bit :D

Spirit SH, anti heal drone, combat runners..

then that PPU is pretty dead..

or lame tactics, like n00b buffs..

LTA
09-06-04, 11:13
Spirit SH, anti heal drone, combat runners..

then that PPU is pretty dead..

or lame tactics, like n00b buffs..:D

Drones about the only worry as it takes my most powerfullest tool away, the rest peh bring it!

I think LE runners should be restricted to the city, then it fits with what it's about, it shouldn't work in zones/factions outside the city.
If they removed all the plaza/via safezones the le would fit in its role.
It shouldn't stop anti city tho, if you don't like em then apts or hq's.

If the zones weren't safezones the LE would stop the runner shooting another LE'd runner it shouldn't stop any normal runner shooting them but the punishment for killing a LE runner should be much(ie the max punishment someone could possibly recieve) harsher than any normal kill.
Half the problem lies in the lack of any criminal justice system bar the few players who pk hunt, if you murder you should be flagged a murderer and then offer massive CITY bounties for the tag not player bounties.

Strip the Safezones of safeness, keep the le for their safe functions, add a-lot of copbot patrols, with STORMS being spawned if the Copbot dies lower the coppers to say 100/100 and Boost the STORMS so they are the like best of the ncpd.

You want the players to deal with it, give them far better reasons for doing so.
Would be good to fight along plaza.

naimex
09-06-04, 11:17
most of that will happen in DoY, where faction HQs will be only safezones..

Mighty Max
09-06-04, 11:27
Naimex, sure,

I wouldnt have a problem then, i can stand some kills even with me not wanting to fight back, thats life,

But the amount of grief such a game is attrackting does not make this working. Ever tried it ? Even if you are just gonna put some water in the toilet while you are ressing a part ...> pushing into non save zones. (normally im back before they finish) You gonna get new chems from the sewer, get killed by some PA wearer of your own faction, You warp into your app for supply, where someone already awaits you kills you. You run for the GRs, 2 m before the GR you get killed (allthough they didnt anything for the last 3 zones but ran with you ....)

Now imagine someone who says like me, no i dont kill anyone. But if you think you have to, kill me.

Where would be the fun part for me? If i were only attrackted by PvP, i'd gonna play a shooter, If i were attracketd by huge pvp battles, id go DAOC.

Neocron has this advantage that it lets you do what you want to do, dont take away this.

naimex
09-06-04, 11:35
^^ people donīt know where my apartments are.. nor do they know the password.. so they certainly arent waiting for me there.. and if they should find it.. I donīt have to open the door for them...

no I canīt say Iīve tried it..

I donīt bother with tradeskills.. the stuff I have now have lasted since I started playing.. and only 1 of my guns, besides my speedgun has been repaired 1 single time..

and the armor, I can buy in full quality..

but I donīt do LE either..

the first action no matter what Iīm making.. is to take out LE..

Mighty Max
09-06-04, 11:41
See,

You have fun in PvP, nobody forces you to tradeskill

Removing the LE or making the use more restricted wouled mean

I have fun tradeskilling, I am forced to PvP

Clownst0pper
09-06-04, 11:43
It should be made so once you reach a cirtain skill level, your LE automatically takes itself out.

Forcing the player to find a clan and settle down with some security.

ichinin
09-06-04, 11:46
I somehow agree to some of the points discussed here;

Remove the LE - AND the griefers. Seriously, griefers get a foot in their ass in other games, why KK is lax on this point, i dont know. GR campers, Team Killers and other asswipes, please leave.

"It's human nature", sure, but it's also human nature to purge the world of such people. They get eliminated pretty quickly by the goodwilling majority. Your argument is void. Nerf the griefers out of the game, then remove the LE.

[ edited ]

amfest
09-06-04, 12:18
[ edited ]
lol .. that brought a tear to my eye.

I've done PvP and at times it was bleh .. then come in PPUs and all sorts of lil things that urk me . .. so I opted out of PvP and just ride around .. .level . ..RELEVEL. If I feel the need to play around with pvp I can go to NF and fool around. Otherwise I just hunt .. collect .. level . . chat . . . do secret transations in dark alleys . . whatever. and you know what . . I have fun. I've never given anyone problems that I know of because I have a LE in . . quite the contrary I get bitched and yelled out just cause my name is green. *shrugs* Do I whine? No. Why not? Cause that's not my world. Eventually I'll get back into PvP but I know for a fact if I had been forced to take out my LE chip . . I doubt I would of stayed around for very long. I'll do serious PvP when i'm ready and not anytime sooner. EOF

VetteroX
09-06-04, 18:34
I wish the LE users would just quit crying and learn toplay without an LE or leave, I mean FFS theres this ONE game for people who like pvp, its set up for pvpers, first person shooter, skill based and setup based, games mostly based around combat... I mean its MADE for the pvp crowd, leave our game alone god damnit!

Theres so many games out there for people who dont like pvp. Ever Quest, City of Heros, Star Wars Galazxies, The Sims, and lots more.

An LE runner does annoy me and does ruin the atmosphere. Theres not suppost to be some unkillable gods walking around... I dont CARE if you cant harm me, I want to harm you, and in a PvP focused mmorpg I shoould have the right to. Dont like it? learn to fight or DIE.

Its proably true theres more carebears then pvpers in the mmorpg market, but there still ARE lots of people who like unrestricted pvp, and this game was made by people who wanted to make a game for them. [ edited ]

My idea is to remove LES totaly, but maybe make mc5 no pvp combat allowed. More mobs in mc5, highest level being like 27/27. put a few shops selling decent quality low level hc, rc,pc, and melee weapons. A runner then has the chance to get at least to a point where they are familiar with the game, then leave mc5... if they want to avoid getting ganked at after leaving mc5 at 30/30, well, try to find out of the way places, level in teams, and level fast.

Strych9
09-06-04, 19:23
I wish the LE users would just quit crying and learn toplay without an LE or leave, I mean FFS theres this ONE game for people who like pvp, its set up for pvpers, first person shooter, skill based and setup based, games mostly based around combat... I mean its MADE for the pvp crowd, leave our game alone god damnit!

Theres so many games out there for people who dont like pvp. Ever Quest, City of Heros, Star Wars Galazxies, The Sims, and lots more.

An LE runner does annoy me and does ruin the atmosphere. Theres not suppost to be some unkillable gods walking around... I dont CARE if you cant harm me, I want to harm you, and in a PvP focused mmorpg I shoould have the right to. Dont like it? learn to fight or DIE.

Its proably true theres more carebears then pvpers in the mmorpg market, but there still ARE lots of people who like unrestricted pvp, and this game was made by people who wanted to make a game for them. [ edited ]

My idea is to remove LES totaly, but maybe make mc5 no pvp combat allowed. More mobs in mc5, highest level being like 27/27. put a few shops selling decent quality low level hc, rc,pc, and melee weapons. A runner then has the chance to get at least to a point where they are familiar with the game, then leave mc5... if they want to avoid getting ganked at after leaving mc5 at 30/30, well, try to find out of the way places, level in teams, and level fast.Vett is right about the LE users need to stop whining. Like I said, I dont see any reason that LE users should be able to do epics as they currently are implemented.

Sadly, Vett, I really doubt its the carebears (btw, I consider YOU a carebear given your stance on safeslots) that are ruining the game. Take a look at your playstyle, and seriously consider how the server would be if everyone played just like you. The game would have died a long time ago.

I know you hate the fact that you cant kill everything that moves, but you are only here playing this game still because of the concessions that KK has made to the larger paying segments of their userbase. You killing runners doesnt put money into KK's pockets. People that enjoy playing Neocron do that.

Take a look at every other MMORPG out there with PvP. Why arent you playing any of those? Nearly every other MMORPG on the planet has more players than Neo, yet nearly all of them have a crappier PvP system. I know of one game with a superior PvP combat system, and it has even fewer players active that Neocron. In fact if you could handle flight sims and games that TRULY come down to skill, I would love to see you try and get good at that game.

Its no coincidence, and I am pretty sure KK is aware of this.

And also, for the sake of nostalgia, there is a whole generation of players playing Neocron that were told over and over that if you dont like getting killed, put in the LE... and they were told that by the people doing the killing.

And look at what happened. People listened.

So sorry, but deal with it.

plague
09-06-04, 19:36
Vett is right about the LE users need to stop whining. Like I said, I dont see any reason that LE users should be able to do epics as they currently are implemented.

Sadly, Vett, I really doubt its the carebears (btw, I consider YOU a carebear given your stance on safeslots) that are ruining the game. Take a look at your playstyle, and seriously consider how the server would be if everyone played just like you. The game would have died a long time ago.

I know you hate the fact that you cant kill everything that moves, but you are only here playing this game still because of the concessions that KK has made to the larger paying segments of their userbase. You killing runners doesnt put money into KK's pockets. People that enjoy playing Neocron do that.

Take a look at every other MMORPG out there with PvP. Why arent you playing any of those? Nearly every other MMORPG on the planet has more players than Neo, yet nearly all of them have a crappier PvP system. I know of one game with a superior PvP combat system, and it has even fewer players active that Neocron. In fact if you could handle flight sims and games that TRULY come down to skill, I would love to see you try and get good at that game.

Its no coincidence, and I am pretty sure KK is aware of this.

And also, for the sake of nostalgia, there is a whole generation of players playing Neocron that were told over and over that if you dont like getting killed, put in the LE... and they were told that by the people doing the killing.

And look at what happened. People listened.

So sorry, but deal with it.

^
|
|
what he said, cloudn't have said better my self :D

Seven
09-06-04, 20:08

And you'll also see your playerbase get lighter as well.

I remember reading that the ability to play solo in Neocron was a feature KK was promoting to attract customers.

Give customers more options for the characters they create and you'll have more customers.

Games = fun
Fun = something people are willing to pay money for.

Shadow Dancer
09-06-04, 20:13
Couldn't have said it better myself Strych.

Scikar
09-06-04, 20:49
I don't think anyone would object to a non-PvP server. It's the fact that two polar opposites, parts of the community which really don't go well together, have no separation - there are perma-LE users on every server.

Btw Strych the reason Vett supports safeslots is because prior to the safeslot's introduction, people tended to put their weapon in their inventory to avoid losing it and would then stand still and wait to die. If safeslots were removed, the inventory wouldn't be a safe place like it used to be, so the result would be either people running away from any potential fight, or only carrying epic weapons and non-rares. This means less people to fight. Though personally I would rather see safeslots gone, belts unlockable and the tech part drop rate increased to compensate for lost rares. PvP was far more exciting when you stood to lose or gain something based on the outcome.

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 21:35
NO, LE players should NOT be able to do epics. For one people would abuse it, and nobody would bother to kill another player for the regular epic, secondly all epic items are good for pvp , what does an LE runner need that for? he or she can do fine PvM without epic items. And thirdly LE users just simply do not diserve to enjoy this game to it's fullest, it is the choice they make when they keep their LE in.

StryfeX
09-06-04, 21:50
I voted yes. There should be some other option to pass particular missions in epics. For instance, during the Proto epic when you have to kill a FA, you should get the option of simply finding Max and paying him some large chunk of money (like 250k) to "off" a FA runner.

Personally, I wish that the epics could be dynamic depending on whether you had your LE in or out.

Before some fool starts calling me a carebear, etc., let me say that I have killed my fair share of people, and plan to continue to do so. Esp. you Black Dragon tossers. :p

--Stryfe

StryfeX
09-06-04, 21:55
NO, LE players should NOT be able to do epics. For one people would abuse it, and nobody would bother to kill another player for the regular epic, secondly all epic items are good for pvp , what does an LE runner need that for? he or she can do fine PvM without epic items. And thirdly LE users just simply do not diserve to enjoy this game to it's fullest, it is the choice they make when they keep their LE in.I disagree with you here, Geist. My PE is the BEST PvM character I have, and it is BECAUSE I have a Move-On and a PPR. The bonus that those two give when combined with the right setup in PvM is quite frankly insane. My PE can take down a WBT in about a minute (I think, I've never really timed it) *and* he can outheal said WBT.

Quite frankly, I don't care what KK says. I think that LE users and non-LE users should have the same access to almost everything in the game, including clans and epics.

--Stryfe

[Edit: Double-post, sorry.]

{MD}GeistDamnit
09-06-04, 22:03
of course it is good for pe's. But I bet you could kill a WB just as fast without them. Also why do you even have a LE in? You been here a long ass time, dont like pvp no more? I feel the sense of danger is a big part of the game, especially when on an epic that takes say a low level character, to places outside of the city. I personally would plop a LE in one of my n00b characters and do all the epics with him if there was no requirement to kill another player, it just makes having to kill a player for your epic 100% useless, they would have to totally re design how epics are done. ( concept wise )

Mighty Max
09-06-04, 22:12
To be honest i didnt vote for NO or YES yet,

All i want is that the LE harrassment stops. Its hell ingame. Thanks to some ignorants.

Go to MC5? ... get called exploiter
Make missions in the cellars? ... Having a 30 level above PK watching where you go to attack the mob you hit. so you cant accomplish the mission
Hunting in the WL? ... attack all mobs, and stealth/log so they all together attack you
Simply hanging around, chatting with buddies? ... getting directs: "Fuck off LE".
Browsing throgh the forums? ... getting told that such "desease like you" should be wiped from Neocron

Thanks very much

StryfeX
09-06-04, 22:12
of course it is good for pe's. But I bet you could kill a WB just as fast without them. Also why do you even have a LE in? You been here a long ass time, dont like pvp no more? I feel the sense of danger is a big part of the game, especially when on an epic that takes say a low level character, to places outside of the city. I personally would plop a LE in one of my n00b characters and do all the epics with him if there was no requirement to kill another player, it just makes having to kill a player for your epic 100% useless, they would have to totally re design how epics are done. ( concept wise )While danger is a part of the game, I have gotten tired of seeing certain groups on Saturn act like spoiled brats, so I have decided to remove myself from being on their target list. However, I have a couple close-to-cap characters, and a few more high level characters which are all non-LE because I took a break over December/January when they decided to implement (and fix) those god-awful LE changes because some twats were abusing the system.

If I could put the LE back in all my characters, I would do it in a heartbeat. But since I can't, I will attempt to make the lives of people in those afore-mentioned groups miserable so maybe they'll go away and play something else and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

--Stryfe

amfest
09-06-04, 22:52
it just makes having to kill a player for your epic 100% useless

it pretty much already is .. you can see so many requests to pay to kill another runner of another faction. I have a PPU. yea sure real hardcore pvp :rolleyes: . Sure there are people who go out and find one ontheir own and fight them, but there are a crapload of people who just pay. Personally it's the fault of there being no real death penalty. It doesn't hurt as much just takes a lil time for SI to wear off and get repoked. Oh .. PPU monks can rez .. they don't even have to gimp in some way for it . . it's along the way. I kill a runner and a belt falls on the ground. It wont' even be their main weapon I already know this. I dont' have hack skill . . . well tough for me I guess . . i most likely lost SL and depending on runner . faction symp. Where's my reward? a belt I most likely can't hack that is most likely something like a stam booster. I get a combat vehicle but someone just runs out with an anti-vehicle weapon that they dont' even have to gimp to use and destroys it with ease. It's things like this that make me turn my head to pvp. Not to say I won't get back into it and do that little everyone runs at each other and does this little wiggle dance in close combat till one person dies. Oh real exciting. Run speeds are too high.

But . . . I like the world. I like the Mobs. I like the weapons. I like the tradeskills. I like the vehicles. I enjoy the look and feel, and I can interact with people.

things that can speed up my removal of LEs on some characters so I would consider PvP.

1. Lower ppu defenses and heals . . . give the ability to give 100% shields to people again. . . give them moderate Offensive power with lighting/shock/poison type spells .. change name to something like Nature Monk or holy monk.

reduce apu dmg some . . . take away the lighting/poison spells .. they keep fire . . add in explosion type spells that do big force and some fire dmg maybe another spell type. Give them rough shields that are low but offer protection for reduction in dmg . .. add in a health leech spell. They can stay as aggresive monks .. or combat monks

(people will just complain about PPUs till the end of time and the class will be nerfed and destroyed by soo many anti ppu type things. Just simplify it this way. Points wouldn't have to really be adjusted . . just spells constructed and built cause it would still fall into the same line of spells of their combat. rez should be the highest TL spell and very unique.)

2. Make people have to gimp their combat skills in some way in order to use anti-vehicle weapons. They should be specific vehicle combat characters. Not just another weapon you get along the way and go .. oh .. i'll just drop this in my other slot just in case . . .doesnt' matter cause I can get 100 more built if I lose it. Oh wait .. at Ops belts don't drop so no worries :rolleyes:

3. Penalty for dying. XP loss? I don't know something that makes you cringe at dying . . . and no SI and getting poked isnt' enough.

4. Decay. After you've been dead for too long your body begins to decay and you begin to lose XP at a slow rate which increases over time. So after like 10min it begins..

5. Stealth should have a longer recharge time.

6. unlock safe slot and anything from your INV or Quickbelt has a chance of falling out.

7. Belts can be picked up by the person who did the most dmg after a few min (I understand people like to try and get their stuff back so it gives them a chance to try and get back for revenge and not lose something precious). Same as Mobs. After a certain amount of time anyone can pick it up.

8. Belts should drop in warzones.

9. For killing allies there should be a very very harsh penalty rather than just faction symp lost. Maybe XP loss.

10. Bad soullight people should not be able to enter safezones. Especially city zones. GRs locked out except when trying to GR somewhere. If no GRs are marked that are not in a safe zone then person is spawned in random villages, buildings around the waste or the jailhouse. Your apt door will be unlocked and people will know where you live. Passwords in places like TG, TH, and MB will not change and will not be revelaed by people will just be able to type your name to get to the apt you are in with the right lift.

11. Bad soullight people should have perks on blackmarket NPCs. Missions for killing runners of certain factions to gain money and reward items. Blackmarket NPCs should sell better quality weapons at low prices . .more negative SL you have the lower the price. The amount of items dropped when killed . is a random thing and not a set thing so just like IMPs falling out . ..you sometimes are lucky .. and sometimes are not.

12. .. . . err

okay I"m rambling .. lolololol

sorry if i sound too "carebear"

SypH
09-06-04, 22:58
I'm an LE player. All my alts have their LE's in and they will stay that way for the time being. I've tried the PvP thing and it wasnt for me. I didnt really know enough people to practise in NF with and any fights were I was involved in were either heavily biased in numbers to one side (no fun at all), or against people who were alot higher level than me were I stood no chance.

By keeping my LE I have given up the ability for PPU support (I think I've seen about 3 high level PPU's with LE in), I have given up the chance for epic runs, I sacrificed a brain slot, I cant join a clan and get involved in Op wars. That's my choice and I'm hapy with that. I can get along without a PPU. My tank is 9 levels from capping strength purely by solo hunting (con is another matter however;)). My droner is the same. I dont mind not being able to do epics. It'd be nice but imo the epics are supposed to be an intorduction to fighting for your faction. I would like to be able to have LE'd clans, but that's it.

VetteroX
09-06-04, 23:33
as sicklar said, I have a reason why I want safe slots. For the 93ed time I belive:

1) Game is total unreliable. It crashes often. I get to lose my rare because the game sucks? no.

2) People will fight less... no safe slot = LESS pvp. If people think theres any chance of losing, they will run away. Old system sucked when people stopped fighting to move their weapon into the inventor... with no SS and item can rop from anywhere, they will just run away...

3) "oh vet your so good you will get more rares then you lose, right?" proably, however, I only use the best weapons... I refuse to use a 115% freq... it has to be the best... every shot, every 1% of damage counts.. say my spy loses his 4 slot slasdher, tank loses 4 slot CS... how long will it take to get another?

4) we have the people who WILL lose their prized possesion and quit... gain, less pvp.

5) I get TONS of rares with the safe slot... theres still maniacs who carry 2 or 3 rares, or fight on with - 20 sl... good if you wanna do that, more rares for me.

Anyway, way off topic but thats my view on that.

There are some things I dont like, but can remain polite about... LE users are not one of them... I hate the LE with a passion, and I will not be silent about it.

Scikar
09-06-04, 23:35
How about if someone started calling you Vetlerox? ;)

amfest
09-06-04, 23:48
as sicklar said, I have a reason why I want safe slots. For the 93ed time I belive:

1) Game is total unreliable. It crashes often. I get to lose my rare because the game sucks? no.

Fair enough . . . I think there should be a slim percent chance of dropping but it shoudl STILL be possible. Don't blame neocron crashing on your system alot to have a carebear reason.

2) People will fight less... no safe slot = LESS pvp. If people think theres any chance of losing, they will run away. Old system sucked when people stopped fighting to move their weapon into the inventor... with no SS and item can rop from anywhere, they will just run away...

It's their choice to run away. I'd rather fight someone who's willing to risk it all because they think .. "I will win" rather than someone who's .. oo I won't lose anything . . banzai!!. (wuss)

3) "oh vet your so good you will get more rares then you lose, right?" proably, however, I only use the best weapons... I refuse to use a 115% freq... it has to be the best... every shot, every 1% of damage counts.. say my spy loses his 4 slot slasdher, tank loses 4 slot CS... how long will it take to get another?

That's a matter a choice. If you want to be picky that's your problem not anyone elses. You can just sit on the side lines twiddling your thumbs while the rest pvp till you get your top stat weapons.

4) we have the people who WILL lose their prized possesion and quit... gain, less pvp.

We already have people quit when they are griefed or constantly killed. If you can't handle losing something for taking part in DANGER then tough go play a FPS where you respawn and can just run over a weapon and get it.

There are some things I dont like, but can remain polite about... LE users are not one of them... I hate the LE with a passion, and I will not be silent about it.
I have LEs and non LEs . . . on a non LE i've never had a problem with a LE user they mind their own buisiness pretty much the whole time. I have seen LE users go sour though BECAUSE of non LE'd users. Most so called name calling and such is started by Non LE's . . . it's a typical racism/different nation style activation. Oh look .. there goes a LE .. watch me go piss him off and tell him off good.

Mighty Max
09-06-04, 23:52
I hate the LE with a passion, and I will not be silent about it.

Jupp, hate what you dont understand heh ?
Some ppl think about their actions and on the influence that has on others.

I.e. i dont call other ppl *edited

Intolerance is what I hate. and at the moment you are the one here showing much of that.

ichinin
10-06-04, 10:10
I don't think anyone would object to a non-PvP server. It's the fact that two polar opposites, parts of the community which really don't go well together, have no separation - there are perma-LE users on every server.

Actually, i do object - i want to RISK my life while running around, not be ganked by some lameass camping GR's when boored. What we want is a RP server, because RP is all but dead right now.

I got a secret to tell. I have a non LE tank, been leveling up quite fast, and only got ganked once. People will never suspect it's me :) Not gonna tell who/where i am. Also have a char on saturn i PK with. Surprised ?

However, my other character is a tradeskiller and got LE in - and NOT only (with intent) to piss off people like Vet - because i hate HIS attitude just as much as he hate the LE users, but when BDoY comes out, i will not be able to do what is required of me in plaza, which has always been the main tradingspot, even if it has shifted over a bit from plaza 1 to plaza 2, and i dont think removal of ALL safezones will be a good thing.

So, a kind of safezone "marketplace" would be good, or some REALLY heavy hitting turrets a la 120/120 TH turrets that pwn everyone who just thinks about pulling out a weapon. The alternative is to let J.random PK'er totally destroy the game instead of moveing on to Planetside/Counterstrike where they should be getting their kicks from.