PDA

View Full Version : Droner flack !!

NexusPlexus
08-06-04, 03:40
Excuse me mr.dev's at kk, just when the hell are you going to get around to fixing the bugs on droning?

I made my first droner over a year ago, co-incidentally my first spy. It was such a messy process; I was losing drones just trying to launch them (the old disappearing trick), my litle pokemons weren't working properly and it became such a chore to do any kind of hunting with my spy it was ridiculous.
I mean hell, how practical is it for a droner to drop his drone after every damn kill just to get a bit of loot?
So after somethin like a couple of months I wrote off droning as a dead end useless damn specialization.

Back to the future now (no mickey.j.fox this time thank God), I create another droner cos SURELY BY NOW they might have adressed some 'issues and features' that kk's CLIENTS might be experiencing with their product.

I'm not talking about whining, griping, bitching, crying, sulking and inferiority-complex-alleviating 'queries' from peeps who want another class nerfed cos they got completely ganked by said class.
Oh no, I'm talking about factual technical fucking problems like...

I -not being able to interact with doors after dropping a drone (and therefore not being able to pick up the drone) - this requires a relog, yippee;

II -not being able to launch another done after dropping one - this too requires a relog, yeehaaa !;

III -having the player model rotated 90 degrees clockwise after the fearful event of dropping the drone, the model then responds to movement based on the direction it's facing, therefore forward on the cursor moves the model forward but the screen to the right (this state includes not being able to launch another drone), ooh I'm getting aroused now!!;

IV -the minor irritation of the camera flipping between 3rd and 1st person perspective when launching and 'docking'(?) the drone has led me to alt+e copiously to be able to fire accurately - as we all know theres no way in hell you could hit the side of a barn when the drone is in 3rd person view - and this in return has completely screwed up my viewing angles.
I now cannot go into 3rd person view with ANY of my characters on ANY of the servers, no amount of relogging can save me there.

These are just a couple of current issues I have with my second fateful droner levelling from nothing to 50. I've stuck it out and none of these and more problems have been fixed.

KK, before you decide to bring more products to us to enrich our 'better world' experience, couldn't you sort out OLD problems? Sure some might say if they could they would've by now but i reckon it's more a case of there not being enough droners about to make enuff noise.

Hey mebbe i should just lom over to rifling, no way I can cap an arti SH (without mc5 chips) but atleast it's not bugged to Beirut and back.

ps: kk just delete the droner sub-class cos you honestly don't seem to be arsed about it and save us from false hope.

Drexel
08-06-04, 04:45
Dude, your on your own there. 8|

I have had a new droner leveling over the last 10 weeks & have never had any of the issues you describe.

The one issue I have is the drone launching in 3rd person once in a while which i fix with a quick alt + E & off i go, with no further 3rd person issues.

Looks like you have some PC conflicts or just the luck of the Irish, coz i have no idea what your talking about.

Sorry mate :( (reinstalled Neocron lately ?)

Biznatchy
08-06-04, 07:19
Dont forget the SL hits from nowhere

The drone getting hung up inside the player body when in tight places(the best places to launch a drone btw)

The drone taking on the clan tag of the clan that owns the op when your attacking the op. That one is funny as hell.

They said they reduced the hit flash it still hurts like hell to have your vision gone when taking hits.

My droner can just now drug up to punisher. The new TL changes on the drones suck ass. I mean you cant get slots on the things and are stuck with 80ish quality on the rare drones. Just getting enough TC for stealth 1 gimps the droner to hell and back. even with 200 willpower and 195 remote control you still cant cap a PN. That sucks pretty bad. Not to mention most players can cap damage on thier main pvp wep but droners cant, do to the construction caps on the rares.

Disturbed021
08-06-04, 08:10
Only problems I ever have are III and IV. Which isn't that big a deal....just Alt+E.
Yes it is annoying but not as annoying as getting your drone stuck in a wall, tree, fence or box and having it completely disapear when you drop it.

A bug I really liked was; one time I was hunting and could not launch any of my drones at all. After logging several times and zoning a bunch, I went back to my apt and killed myself. Then I could launch a drone no problem :lol:

NexusPlexus
08-06-04, 08:47
ok drex mebbe you have a supa-dupa smooth pc setup with nothing conflicting cloak n dagger style, but

is it really necessary to relog everytime theres a probem?,
with my piss-ass 64k connection it takes a good 20 to 30 secs before i can be sure i've logged off proper server side and,

yes, i have strongly considered reinstalling kk's crack, seems like the only option left....and even then, hmmm....