PDA

View Full Version : The complete Trader

garyu69
07-06-04, 15:03
I currently have a Trader character who is a long way off being capped, he is a spy and his Base INT at the moment is 64.

Currently for INT I have 100 in CST, 104 in RES
And for DEX i have 35 in VEH, 100 in Rep and 48 in REC

What i am going to aim for once capped is

INT:
CST 105
RES: 110
IMP: 84

DEX:
VEH: 65
REP: 119
REC: 100

Being completly self sufficent and able to poke myself i see that i am able to reach the high end of Research and CST with the correct Implants in.

Has anyone every tried something like this, or maybe has a Char like this now.

Or what do you think of a setup like this. Good idea?

Benjie
07-06-04, 15:27
Your CST and Research skills are low. You might break a lot of E's, and I'm not sure whether thats enough CST skill to build 5 slotted weapons. (may be wrong.) With that setup you will need an outpost everytime you do a job.
I would focus on Construct and leave Research to a trusted friend.

*edit*
Then again, it's not *that* bad. You would never get amazing stats on your weapons, but so long as you use an outpost every time, it might work.

garyu69
07-06-04, 15:31
I have no problem with my researching E's (although they may fail occasionally, they have yet to break.) at the moment when i stick my glove in and put Adv Nerves in. Also i will eventually be able to use my Special science chip.

Imps will be able to give me an extra +55 for CST + i could pop to a Lab and or get PPU

Benjie
07-06-04, 15:35
I have no problem with my researching E's (although they may fail occasionally, they have yet to break.) at the moment when i stick my glove in and put Adv Nerves in. Also i will eventually be able to use my Special science chip.

Imps will be able to give me an extra +55 for CST + i could pop to a Lab and or get PPU
That sounds fine then. I actually forgot about ppu buffs. :p Whats the max Res and CST you can reach, with imps, buffs and an outpost?

garyu69
07-06-04, 15:47
If Base capped CST was 105 then i could get

+
15 from CST glove
+
30 from CST Chips
+
10 Special Science CPU
+
16 PPU buff (is it 16?)

Thats 176 before the OP.

So if we owned the OP add an extra 50 on top of that, if its allied i'm sure its 20.

so could say at least 196 skill.

And if i got the MC5 chip you could take the CST1 chip out and put that in adding an extra 5

slaughteruall
07-06-04, 15:56
It is possible i have a char sorta like it on the test server. He does not poke tho. Pure CST/ress. He does fail alot on the high end spells. Never tried to ress techs with him. Retail i always use my resser to BP for me or ID techs. He is 211 unbuffed and like 168 repair or so not sure off the top of my head. I dont bother going to P1 with him that often. I just dont get the tips to cover my expense. Damn cheap people. You could but i would not trust that char to ress MC5 techs but that is up to you. I broke one a long time ago with 205 (i think) research. It was my teams MC5 parts luckily and we were all on TS so it really wasn't that big of a deal.

Slaughter

PS speed up researching time. It takes to damn long compared to CSTing.

CrazyMan
07-06-04, 16:02
Well, use Hawk, SS, SF(or SRI), SA (or RD) in this setup + Nerves 3 and various gloves
Take CST3 Buff, go to neutral OP (lab/factory), you will get following:

CST: 185 (+80)
RES: 200 (+90)
POKE: 94 (+10)

I reckon Poke is way too high (cauz of a drug that gives +16 poke). You dont need to poke TL115 very often do you??? So with Spy3, drug, glove and bonus from imps (with all +57), you need would only need 58 base poke.

Overall looks good, at max INT (it would be 130-135), you will cap everything u need when CSTing, and fail rarely on E's...With a faction/clan lab - probably never :)

In Dex it is simple^^ :D

CrazyMan
07-06-04, 16:03
And DO NOT USE CST chips :P they will take away res bonus :) so it is pointless :)

At 130+ INT and 185 CST - cap anything easily :P and get good stats on rares, believe me

msdong
07-06-04, 16:09
...Has anyone every tried something like this, or maybe has a Char like this now.

Or what do you think of a setup like this. Good idea?

i have a pure too. its real pain. you need to set a focus on research or construction.
i did focus on research because for basic items like VHC and drugs ... quality dosnt matter. 75 const is enough to do very hard missions (with imps and buff) and its good enough to level Con.

its hard work but its enough service for noobs or random research and imp jobs. a good but expencive way to get dex is driving with you tank or apc or whatever in *** mpb terretory and make dex out of VHC repair.

nd DO NOT USE CST chips :P they will take away res bonus

this is no problem because he is able to poke himself. i change const3 with a simple hack3 when researching ....

Strych9
07-06-04, 16:42
Here is how this will bite you in the ass:

Int experience.

You are in for a painful trip trying to cap a character like that.

First, you cannot use constr chips as yes, they take away research. So best you can do is have Hawking and SS CPU in. Thats +20 Con and +15 Res. Then a glove for each. Adv Nerves will help with Res. Thats it for imps. Then you just have buffs. If you wanna switch imps on the fly thats fine- but I predict that will grow old real fast. Just more lube cost, more time, damaged chips, etc.

Second, you should go for 74 imp (add the two above chips, glove, and PPU buff and you are at 115) and then the rest in constr and res.

Third, you will have MISERABLE results with research. S.L.B. is at 219 Res I think, and he still fails the occasional E part. Research is REALLY something that needs full dedication if you want to be successful. But of course, you can get by with less no doubt.

Fourth, levelling will just get more painful. You will have to build thousands of items to cap. My constructor has natural Int/Dex of 91 I think, and he needs to build 2500 punishers in order to cap. His constr is at 231 now with self buff, and he still fails the occasional punisher build. The lower your constr is, the more often you will fail those builds. Same with res, if you ever try to level Int via res. The lower it is, the more often you will fail the truly high level items.

And yes, you MUST go for the uber TL items if you want to level. If I drop down from the TL 122 punishers to a TL 104 item, its almost not worth my time to build them for levelling. For S.L.B., if he resses E parts or punishers he gets great exp. If he drops down to L parts or lower items, he can actually lose exp.

So you have been warned. Trying to level via tradeskills without any one uber skill will take longer (and it takes a while even with an uber skill).

Best of luck.

ichinin
08-06-04, 10:53
I got a character like this: Do CST/Res/Imp/Repair

I have all gloves/implants i need (Special Sciense, Constr 3 etc)

At a Lab/Factory and with the stuff; i get a cool +80 boost on my CST base skill, +69 Research. Yes, i do break some E's, but more suprisingly i've done lots of E's in a row and broken many T's(!).. i CAN poke myself (no MC5) so poking the right imps in/out is no biggie. Problem is wear on my Forces/Sciense implants, so i have to CAREFULLY PLAN MY TRADESKILLING (haveing LE in dont exactly help.)

And no non-rare shit does EVER make me poke and cause wear on em. Pay good and up front? Sure, i'll poke myself up to higher skilllevels.

Why do people come to me? Well, i'm online lots of hours every day, and i'm on pluto.. sometimes, i dont even answer "CST'er needed!" calls because i want to be able to pleasurehunt as well. Standing in Plaza poking or doing 50 BP's of a TL 56 spell isn't my idea of fun.. i just wanted to be self reliant, be that i'm a bit gimped in comparison to the pure skilled people, but i'll manage with a TL 90 poke tool.

garyu69
08-06-04, 13:44
Like it has been said, the CST chips do give - Res but i will be able to poke them in and out myself.

Like ichinin, i too usually am able to Res 'E' parts no problems and the most likely ones to break for me have been 'L' and 'T' parts, which is just weird.

I know it will be a hell of a lot of hard work getting levels but i am not fussed at that because i have my 2 other Chars, PE and APU so i wouldn't be solely doing this.

Birkoff
08-06-04, 13:51
hehe sounds like bob. on pluto :)

he has like

const - 249
res - 100 (not really a skill jsut somethinf he gets form imps glvoe op etc)
repair - 340
recycle - capped
imp - capped
can use n e vehicle
Can use a lib (just)

He is far from capped though but full out some VERY nice shit :) *sex @ 4 slot dentist*

garyu69
08-06-04, 14:07
Bob on Pluto, Bah, well let this Bob know i'm taking over his trading space, muhahahaha

Birkoff
08-06-04, 14:11
Your exo.... nuff said

Archeus
08-06-04, 14:35
I
Why do people come to me? Well, i'm online lots of hours every day, and i'm on pluto.. sometimes, i dont even answer "CST'er needed!" calls because i want to be able to pleasurehunt as well. Standing in Plaza poking or doing 50 BP's of a TL 56 spell isn't my idea of fun..

Then you aren't much good of a constructor then. Just because your on the server and have the skill points doesn't make you a trades person. Might as well just lom that stuff out.

I have a poker on Pluto at the moment. I play on times when the population is at its lowest, however I stop what I am doing if someone needs a poke. I'd expect the same for other trades people with so few people. Instead I am confined to screaming for CST/RES for over 3 days while when I got them today I also found out there are easily 3-4 people who could of done a mid level job.

You want to keep people on Pluto, especially when at low level you have to make sure they get trades help.

garyu69
08-06-04, 14:35
I did have him make 50 Flashlights the other day.

slaughteruall
08-06-04, 14:40
Then you aren't much good of a constructor then. Just because your on the server and have the skill points doesn't make you a trades person. Might as well just lom that stuff out.

I have a poker on Pluto at the moment. I play on times when the population is at its lowest, however I stop what I am doing if someone needs a poke. I'd expect the same for other trades people with so few people. Instead I am confined to screaming for CST/RES for over 3 days while when I got them today I also found out there are easily 3-4 people who could of done a mid level job.

You want to keep people on Pluto, especially when at low level you have to make sure they get trades help.

I will rarely relog to CST/ress for someone. Or even poke. If it's a TL 115 poke i will relog just because of the pain in poking one of those back in. CSTing i usually make money on it. Ressing i'm lucky if i break even so i only ress for freinds. Cheap basterds dont tip ressers very well so it's not worth my time to offer my services in P1 or P2. My poker usually hangs out in P2 near the GR. It's not a bad place to make a quick couple of K.

If i am doing my own ressing i will have both accounts logged and poke on the other while i'm ressing. Might as well multitask when i can.

PS SPEED UP RESSING TIMES

Slaughter

garyu69
08-06-04, 14:43
I don't always have trade turned on but when i do and if i see someone who needs a quick job done i will log on my trader.

Especially Repairs. I've known in the past people who have logged on and looked for a repairer for their broken stuff only to log because there is not one about. So for repairers i definetly will switch Chars to keep the people playing.

IceStorm
08-06-04, 14:55
My all-around character has, base:

HCK 37
WEP 76
CST 115
RES 91

And I still have 15 points I haven't allocated (but I am capped).

With my standard implant setup (SS, SF, Dist 3, RCE3, Adv Nerves 3) that becomes:

HCK 55
WEP 111
CST 125
RES 116

With a lab, Const 1, and a Res glove, I get up to 160 research. That's enough to do all my rares with a low break rate (1 in every 20 to 40). Construction I'm at 145 in the city with a Const 1 and the Cst glove. A trip to a factory gets that up to 170, but since I have 121 DEX and 108 INT when building in the city, it's not much of an issue.

You could easily go res/cst/imp. Imping gets +15 from the glove, +16 from the drug, and +4 from a Spy 1, but good luck capping. I'm a Rifle Spy and I had to grind out 5000 to 6000 Warbots to cap my INT (25k to 30k INT XP per warbot), which is somewhat less tedious than researching high TL parts all day long.

Strych9
08-06-04, 15:01
Look, its EASY to sit here and talk about how fun a char will be or how useful they will be once capped.

But your Spy will take virtually forever to get anywhere near that level due to the lack of specialization (as the tradeskill exp now stands).

Frankly your best chance of getting those numbers is to level by drones, then LOM once capped, then tradeskill back up to cap.

What are your CURRENT numbers at gary?

jernau
08-06-04, 15:06
Including OP bonuses in setups is silly IMO.

Likewise buffs should be clearly seperated as they aren't always available.

I've had a general guy. RES is a problem if you want to be E-safe but it's fine if you just want to make BPs. All the other skills are fine but you would definitely want to LoM into it and not level as that char.

IceStorm
08-06-04, 15:10
Frankly your best chance of getting those numbers is to level by drones, then LOM once capped, then tradeskill back up to cap.
He's right about this. It took me 16 months to cap INT on my started-on-day-one Pluto Spy, and that's because of my low TL rifle usage due to my Weapon Lore gimpage and RC reduction (My RC's only around 165 or so, with all my imps and a Rifle 1). If you want to get to tradeskill paradise quick, be a droner.

ichinin
08-06-04, 15:40
Then you aren't much good of a constructor then. Just because your on the server and have the skill points doesn't make you a trades person. ... You want to keep people on Pluto, especially when at low level you have to make sure they get trades help.

But i dont play to serve others.. i cannot take 18 hours a day poking/ressing/whatever for OTHERS; i pay to play - and i prefer to get some satisfaction seeing a Brute fall on it's face and out comes 2 rares... simple as that. I DO serve others, but there are so many, always a new PSI spell to get 3-5 slots on or a TL 79 repair or a glove to build, or a SF poke...endless.

I have on occation given away 3 slotted low 2 midrange weapons to newbies and even given advice how to level up, ask around, some of them got weapons that say "Constructed by el dude".

If u want me to serve everyone 24/7, sure - mcan do, but first buy me a new computer, an extra 6 month prepaid account, and pay me money for it so i can eat, sleep and pay rent.

See how it works now?

Archeus
08-06-04, 16:39
I don't serve people 24/7 either. My poker is only on during the low point.

My point is, all these self-serving traders do nothing to help build the community. You would be better off playing a single player game.

seraphian
08-06-04, 16:57
Gary, don't forget to get a set of tradeskill eyes, I think there should be ones for res and cons eventually, which means you can get another +10 to those stats with a TL 58 poke... and you can recycle them (or have someone else do it) to make as many as you need from DoY junk

ichinin
08-06-04, 17:04
"Boohoo.. the 'self serving' tradeskiller dont serve the newbies 24/7, he only serve then 12/7".

Apparently the information didn't get through, you would do better to stop insulting people and get some facts right. You're shitting on the wrong lawn mate!

I'm not the only tradeskiller on Pluto, i play lots of hours and help people out, i just dont want to support everyone. Some guy had been looking for a resser for 3 days, someone else needed pokes, and anotherone repairs.. guess who was there for them.. but i guess i'm 'self serving'.

Maby i should reroll as a tank and PK every damn noob i see on pluto, destroy every vehicle, camp every GR. Maby then i wont be 'self serving'.

Archeus
08-06-04, 17:23
Maby i should reroll as a tank and PK every damn noob i see on pluto, destroy every vehicle, camp every GR. Maby then i wont be 'self serving'.

i dont even answer "CST'er needed!" calls

Odds on the person waiting three days was probably calling for a CST'er for all that time. The majority probably go "Feck this" and leave pluto. I know I would of based on the hassle gotten by some. A lot of trades people won't help newbies as "They dont pay well" but are happy enough to spout off about what they can do..

Btw, the person who waited for 3 days for cst/res.. that was probably me. So I am venting at a large number of trades people in general.

Agent L
08-06-04, 19:44
Dr Quinn is an all-trader.
1)IMP:
I have 105 natural + 10 from chips = 115 anywhere, anytime.
There is really no need of going as high as that, use IMP glove and new drug that was designed specificially to cap IMP at skill 84 (drug +16 takes you to 100 and glove is +15)(with SS and HAWK 74 natural is all you need)
2) RES :
35 from chips + 15 glove = 160 res. It is ok for everything except Es and drones. Not that I break them, it just takes ages to do reasonable batch.
3) CST :
With just 75 cst points invested, I can go to 110 cst with glove, and with 130 INT and 125 DEX it's enough to cap any item. Of course building TL 109 is pain in the ass, takes ages again. I sometimes switch neural3 to cst3.

Don't rely on buffs, first problem is that ppus tend to be unavailable just when you need them most and second, biggest, problem is when you need to poke someone 115, you just find out that cst or supporter booster is running and the more you want it to wear off the longer and better it works.

I leveled by combat. Even now, though I almost lommed combat away, I can still swap almost all implants, get drone3 buff, drug to hell and get able to launch a particle nemesis - just to rise rank above 50 and leech team exp.

I use SS, HAWK, RIGER'S DREAM. NEURAL ADV.3, SMART CYBEREYE4, ADV.NERVES 3.

STR to transport, but I put a bit into H-C. With BSERK2 and HARDBONE2 and new BEAST I pwn with TL46 flamer : D
constructed by Dr Quinn, naturally ; )
I was aiming at combat trike, but then found out that it needs T-C, sux0r...
Hmm, I could go T-C, atm I have 100 dex pts free....

this setup is far from optimal, I should lom rest of WPW and RCL, lower IMP to 74, put all CON into ATH, and get 84 T-C.
But Dr Quinn without maxed IMP ... nah, that's just unthinkable : D

Strych9
08-06-04, 20:09
And also dont forget that now we know that "just enough to cap quality" in construction does not mean you have the best possible slot chances (see my sig).

So while we originally thought these "do all" trade chars could slot like everyone else, now we know differently.

Mind you, its up to you to assign importance to "slot chances" in terms of construction.

garyu69
09-06-04, 15:03
What are your CURRENT numbers at gary?Currently my numbers are as follows:

INT - Level 62
Research 103
Construct 101
(5 points not allocated yet also)

DEX - Level 54
Repair 100
Recycle 49
Agility 40
Veh 35

I currently also have Rep, Cst, Res gloves. and Rep, Recy eyes. Plus all the main chips like CST and VEH chips to pop in and out.