PDA

View Full Version : X2 The Threat

Archeus
07-06-04, 10:57
Oh I love this game.. probably the closest to Elite I have seen in a long time. But the game takes too long to play. :( I almost have enough money to get my own factory (like a space station) and I have explored at a guess at least half of the known galaxy. Anyone else playing this? Anyone know any quick money routes?

Alan
07-06-04, 11:34
Mmm, capturing is allways profitable and the secret container's in the stations, on the capturing front have you tried to get those super-charged Bayamons/Orinocos/Mandlay's from the Mi Ton mission? Tip equip the TP ship with an Alpha Phased Shockwave Generator.

rob444
07-06-04, 13:53
The mp3 files are f*cked up for me, it's a known issue and they've not fixed it yet I believe. Anyway, the game became boring once you've cheated some extra money. :mad:

garyu69
07-06-04, 13:54
The game just liked to kill my PC :(
FPS was awful.

KOCH Media are making some good games though.

Cerebus
07-06-04, 16:23
Put a wheat farm in Argon prime. Set sell price to max. You just need a ship to buy power cells. Don't bother with a ship to sell wares because the locals will be queueing at the door to buy.

Then a SSP in Kingdoms End and soyeries in Paranid space when they become friendly.

Once you can afford a Nova try capturing pirates and Xenon and selling the ships for cash.

Cerebus

Archeus
07-06-04, 17:29
Heh I'm still miles away from that then.

By the way, anyone see the UFO!! I was travelling north to the mine field zone (Forget the name) when a UFO shot by. Looked like this (http://www.mio.uwosh.edu/~alatov95/bryce/ufo%20over%20water.jpg)

I couldn't keep up with it, and I followed it for 4 systems before it outran me. Disappeared at interworlds.

Cerebus
07-06-04, 17:57
Yeah, seen a few of those. There is rumour of a UFO base, but no one has found it yet.

Another good money spinner is crystal fabs. NPC trading stations will buy crystals from you at max price and then sell them for a fixed 1684. Easy money :)

BTW, don't build in Presidents End early on... ;)

Cerebus

QuantumDelta
07-06-04, 19:36
Prettiest Looking Database I ever saw.

Worst Space Flight Simulator ever released.

Reminds you of elite but yea like you said the whole game is a timesink and for a single player game to be a time sink ...that's just depressing ¬.¬

jernau
07-06-04, 19:45
I installed it just before I moved and haven't unpacked my joystick yet so it's just taking up space.

From what I saw it looked pretty nice though. Flight seemed pretty reasonable to me but I didn't get to try combat.

rob444
07-06-04, 20:02
I think X2 was a pretty good space simulator, nice graphics and good sound. I didnt like the combat in the game though as much as I liked it in freelancer, it was to hard in X2 to get hits with lasers. The UFO, are you talking about those Triangle stuff merging and unmerging? Thats the only unknown race I met in the game :P

Cerebus
07-06-04, 21:00
The triangles are Khaak, the bad guys. The UFOs are actual flying saucer type UFOs that are pretty rare.

As for aiming, install combat software and turn on laser autoaiming.

Cerebus