PDA

View Full Version : some one help me please ?

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 09:38
Im trying to download RYL... Tried CNET download.com, but when i click the secure download button and the normal download button, it directs me to the "downloading now" page, but doesn't actually ask me where to save the download and stuff...

So any one got a better place to download it from ?

Garg [RogueNET]
07-06-04, 09:48
have you tried "right-clicking" on the link and taking "save-as" ?

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 09:51
Well no i hadn't but i just did, and all it is,is a link to the download page, and i take it when you click on that it should open a window asking where to save the download too, but that doesnt open

[edit] found it on fileplanet, but when i go to login to my gamespy account, or even when i go to create a new gamespy account, it tells me an error has occured, so once again, another dead end.

Garg [RogueNET]
07-06-04, 09:54
just checked it.. try the normal download... i downloaded from that one so its ok

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 09:56
i still don't get the "save download to..." box.... i'm gunna cry :'(

Garg [RogueNET]
07-06-04, 09:57
thats odd :confused:

then I really dont have a clue what to do....

subsys
07-06-04, 09:57
it would appear that http://www.ryl.com.my is down atm

the actual link to the file your after is Here (http://www.ryl.com.my/game/RYL_v488.exe)

amfest
07-06-04, 09:58
I had the save problem .. here's what you do .. . click on secure download there is a popup box that pops up that will install the cnet software crap that allows you to download .. but i had problems with the page auto going to the regular download page that doesnt' work . . .so click secure .. .and then hit stop on the browser .. if done correctly that popup box shoudl stay up and ask if you want to allow . blah blah to install this .. click yes . . it installs the software and then puts the file to download .. .

subsys .. those links dont' work :P

good luck trying to download the patch .. heh . .

Underground
07-06-04, 09:59
Their website and game servers seem to be on the same server, when the games down, their website and fpt goes down aswell.

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 10:07
Amfest, i tried what you said, and i finally got the cnet box up asking me to install all their stuff, and i clicked yes, and then i got sent to the same page again... *sigh*

Anyone else have any other ideas ?

amfest
07-06-04, 10:18
so it didn't install the software? .. if it did there shoudl be a shortcut on your desktop CNET Secure Delivery . ..i can only suggest trying it again . .. or see if that shortcut is there and double click it to see if file isin queue or soemthing

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 10:25
there is a shortcut. when i click it, it opens a window in the corner of my screen, but it's broken, like you get the little blank window in the corner of the window, like a non-responsive program, then about 5 mins later you get the whole "CNET secure delivery has encountered an error and will shut down, do you wanna report this to microsoft" etc etc...

i give up i really do... :(

amfest
07-06-04, 10:30
well if you like i can open up a ftp server for you to get the file? would that be cool?

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 10:31
omg you are a darling....

*sexes amfest forever....

:D

amfest
07-06-04, 10:33
okay give me some time . i'm slow with these things .. i'll send you a pm in a minute :P

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 10:34
ok i'll be waiting

*dances in her seat*

then...

*clicks refresh every 5 seconds to see if pm has been delivered..*

amfest
07-06-04, 10:38
check pm darknessfairy

oh yeah i put the patch also in the same dir so grab both exe files

naimex
07-06-04, 10:43
it worked for me (the download thing) when I took secure download from cnet.. (downloading through their program)

but it didnīt when I tried the normal downloads.

(I had 12 sources, so if my line had been big enough I could have downloaded with 400 kb/s)

amfest
07-06-04, 10:50
I suppose the install thing had complications with the browser and it fudged up . . .

maybe also check add/remove programs and see if it did include the uninstall feature so you coudl try it again maybe later. .. of couse my ftp is open for you .. but ya never know if you want to donwload something from there later ;)

well not that i can complain .. i got sex'd in pm 8|

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 10:51
lol like i said in pm's cheers, and i don't know why it didnt work. usually when i download stuff from there its fine. it's just this, maybe i'm jinxed... lol

naimex
07-06-04, 10:53
maybe i'm jinxed... lol

well, even if you are, you still have your uber sexyness.. ;)

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 10:53
well, even if you are, you still have your uber sexyness.. ;)

lol i do i try.... *giggles*

amfest
07-06-04, 10:57
hey i'm a guy and I try to be sexy too .. http://www.geocities.com/amfest/amfest.html

errr well maybe not .. . errr and that was like 10-8 years ago .. LOL

dern wish i still had my hair :(

oh yeah . that site is sooooo broken down .. LOL

I started that on my webtv soo damn long ago :p

naimex
07-06-04, 11:10
what kind of music you play amfest ?

amfest
07-06-04, 11:21
Well I used to play metal back in the day 8| sorta feels wierd saying that .. lol then when the fit hit the shan and I moved to florida I ended up buying two acoustics and another guitarist and I would take the guitars down to the park and play on the hillside by the lake . . . he wasn't really a hard power cord metal player .. he had the typical jello wrist for strumming which I dont' really have ..lol. We sorta merged our styles in a way together to play some intersting Orginal pieces. It was a Learning experince .. but as time passed on .. I stopped playing as much . . and as that happened .. my playing got sloppy and then it was hard for me to even play through a song without my wrist becoming tired .. then came the forgetting of songs :( Also i don't play my electric anymore .. and only my acoustic .. which tends to be Tom Petty, eric clapton <-- well not really . i just pretend :p , and just a few other songs .. oh yeah and la bamba which i can sing :D <-- well the family likes it .. lol.

*sigh* i cant' write anything anymore . . . I guess I got spoiled by having a band back then and it's hard to play music with no one else around .. :(

naimex
07-06-04, 11:41
thatīs too bad..

I know what I would do, if I could play the guitar..

I would play every night a sweet sweet song, for a sweetheart...

but I canīt... :(

jernau
07-06-04, 14:09
I've seen this before with overly aggressive browser security settings and/or pop-up blockers but as it's fixed now I guess it doesn't matter.

Also some non-MS browsers can have problems with sites that are heavily optimised for IE.

amfest
07-06-04, 14:22
well not exactly fixed .. but ftp workaround :P

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 21:22
Ok so i got it, i've even got it installed, but because the site is down, i can't create an account... I'm disliking this already :p

naimex
07-06-04, 21:25
Ok so i got it, i've even got it installed, but because the site is down, i can't create an account... I'm disliking this already :p

site is working for me.. itīs just very slow.

try going DIRECT (http://www.ryl.com.my/member/join_2.asp)

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 21:31
naim, you're a star... have i ever told you how much i wuv you ?

[edit] wheee registered!

naimex
07-06-04, 21:40
naim, you're a star... have i ever told you how much i wuv you ?

[edit] wheee registered!

yes... remember that time in plaza 2, on the balcony.. under the lights :)

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 21:50
Oh yeah, it was just me and you...You reached across to hold my hand, a star shot through the sky...Soft music was playing from the Nema offices..It was a perfect night. Then you got word that Foster was being taken, and i haven't seen you since ....

:rolleyes:

naimex
07-06-04, 21:51
Oh yeah, it was just me and you...You reached across to hold my hand, a star shot through the sky...Soft music was playing from the Nema offices..It was a perfect night. Then you got word that Foster was being taken, and i haven't seen you since ....

:rolleyes:

Ye sorry about that.. I died 5 times in that war...

Must have been forgetting during the SI

amfest
07-06-04, 22:00
Don't like naimex .. i saw you taking darknessfairy LOM pills . . . and no i didn't die cause I enabled my law enforcer chip so I saw the whole thing!

naimex
07-06-04, 22:07
Don't like naimex .. i saw you taking darknessfairy LOM pills . . . and no i didn't die cause I enabled my law enforcer chip so I saw the whole thing!

she was better off without them...

such a beautiful girl, shouldnīt use genetic manipulatory drugs.

SilentEye
07-06-04, 22:13
o_O <-- That covers this whole thread.

amfest
07-06-04, 22:13
hahah i was trying to say don't LIE naimex .. lol

and that you were taking lom pills that make you forget about darknessfairy .. oops :)

oh yeah darknessfairy did you finally make it ingame? human or beast ;) cherion?

naimex
07-06-04, 22:14
hahah i was trying to say don't LIE naimex .. lol

and that you were taking lom pills that make you forget about darknessfairy .. oops :)

I would never...

darknessfairy
07-06-04, 23:10
erm i got to the char creation screen cherion and beast... tried to play, just sat in erm...sync? is that the right term ?? lol

[edit] ya....i am teh sex

Lexxuk
08-06-04, 01:07
You are all strange spammers, who should me more sensible, like I am :angel:

amfest
08-06-04, 01:29
You are all strange spammers, who should me more sensible, like I am :angel:
I can only reach your sensible status and holy wisdom once I too have undergone the rapture and 1 lung short

Lexxuk
08-06-04, 15:13
I can only reach your sensible status and holy wisdom once I too have undergone the rapture and 1 lung short

Ahh, but you will soon obtain the level of wisdom, only given through posting, when your count reached 1337 (your almost there :p)