PDA

View Full Version : Int gains from ressing bugged?

ResurgencE
07-06-04, 07:06
Was ressing a batch of techs recently, and was noticing the xp per rare part, which was pretty good. However, when i reached within the range of lvling up to the next int lvl, my xp refused to increase. I ressed 15 rare parts, but not the slightest bit of xp. To illustrate:

Cant remember the exact forumula, but each E part rendered roughly 80 k in int xp. When i reached 21,000,000 out of 21,000,001 (as an example), it refused to budge, no matter how much more i ressed.

Tried relogging. Didnt work.

Anyone else experience this?

DonnyJepp
07-06-04, 07:31
it's an anti-macro. Basically you have to go punch something or buy something to get that last bit of xp to knock it loose again.

It's kind of a pain. I've spent a whole day ressing techs and stuff and noticed after a couple hundred techs that I *should* have leveled hours before.

mishkin
07-06-04, 07:36
A friend of mine had the same problem.... only with dex.. I believe he did some missions or something, and he was stuck on lvl 99 :p

helpdesk said he should take all imps out and such :D

Not a very nice thing to do if half of your imps are mc5s :)

ResurgencE
07-06-04, 07:36
Christ, whats with all the anti-macros? Theres even one for lomming, that requires you to zone.

And then theres that annoying mechanism to prevent duping in the trade screen by shoving everything back into your inventory if you dont click 'ok' fast enough.

Seriously, these potential exploits should be secured without these amateurish fixes.

mishkin
07-06-04, 07:38
Seriously, these potential exploits should be secured without these amateurish fixes.

Indeed they should...

Next thing we'll hear is: "It's in BDoY damnit!" :D

ResurgencE
07-06-04, 07:40
lol...Well, thats fine, then. So long as they acknowledge the problem, i dont mind being patient as a compromise. :)

Drexel
07-06-04, 08:05
Yer, its quite brilliant really, its good business to piss off the 3000 of us to stop those 2 pesky macro users from ..... um ....getting what ever bennefit it is that they get.

Although i can appreciate what kk is attempting to do, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Im sick of paying for the exploits of others. :(

N1n3
07-06-04, 08:57
errr.. 2 macro users? *cough* u have no idea how much ppl use macros.. not only for const/ress :rolleyes:

Drexel
07-06-04, 09:25
Hmmm... o_O

I must be too honest or lazy, but i didnt really think it was an issue.

makes me wonder, oh well, maybe i shouldent complain.

not to mention i dont know shit about PC's, if its more complicated than a coffee cup on the mouse im out.

well, maybe a revision then,
kk i appreciate the effort in keeping the game honest,
and macro users.... fuck you !

Zaq
07-06-04, 13:39
A friend of mine had the same problem.... only with dex.. I believe he did some missions or something, and he was stuck on lvl 99 :p

helpdesk said he should take all imps out and such :D

Not a very nice thing to do if half of your imps are mc5s :)

I had a similar thing trying to level DEX on my monk through recycling. I would gain XP then a few seconds later it would drop back down again. A friendly GM spawned next to me, todl me to take my imps out and he poked them all back in again :p

garyu69
07-06-04, 13:58
I haven't had any problems as such yet, but if i do i shall post as i am always trading.

jernau
07-06-04, 14:00
each E part rendered roughly 80 k in int xp. :eek: That's a LOT. I get 28,868 per Punisher.

It's a very old bug. I'm not convinced it's anti-macro-code as it doesn't always happen and even when it does, not always in the same way. Doing a mission will fix it.

Christ, whats with all the anti-macros? Theres even one for lomming, that requires you to zone.I'm pretty sure that's a bug.

n3m
07-06-04, 14:06
you mean the SI stuck at 1% ?
Yeah I think it's a bug, it also happens when GRing

SorkZmok
07-06-04, 14:08
errr.. 2 macro users? *cough* u have no idea how much ppl use macros.. not only for const/ress :rolleyes:How do you know? And did you report them? o_O

ichinin
07-06-04, 15:15
Omg, you continue to level up by tradeskilling after the initial day of constant ressing/constructing to reach /30 ? Gee, and i head out and kill warbots.. every bot i take down now gives me 80K INT or DEX xp, they dont take long to kill AND i get new rares to research. Horrors/Brutes are also good XP, soon i'm going to do Hoverbombers. (Yes, from faaaar away)

Go Mob-farming instead. Faster leveling than .. whatever macroing they use.. and unlike macroing, PLAYING THE GAME is more fun.

jernau
07-06-04, 15:17
Omg, you continue to level up by tradeskilling after the initial day of constant ressing/constructing to reach /30 ? Gee, and i head out and kill warbots.. every bot i take down now gives me 80K INT or DEX xp, they dont take long to kill AND i get new rares to research. Horrors/Brutes are also good XP, soon i'm going to do Hoverbombers. (Yes, from faaaar away)

Go Mob-farming instead. Faster leveling than .. whatever macroing they use.. and unlike macroing, PLAYING THE GAME is more fun.
Did warbots start dropping BPs?

:rolleyes:

Celt
07-06-04, 15:32
:eek: That's a LOT. I get 28,868 per Punisher.

It's a very old bug. I'm not convinced it's anti-macro-code as it doesn't always happen and even when it does, not always in the same way. Doing a mission will fix it.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug.rares have always been good for XP

Dubhead
07-06-04, 15:57
very sound advice ichinin, if you are a rifle/tradeskiller hybrid like yourelf. However, for those that have chosen to go PURE tradeskill, ie no combat skills whatsoever(yes such a thing is possible, and amazingly still is 'playing' the game), such things as making sure research exp works as it is supposed to are quite important.

wench
08-06-04, 00:22
Are you about 3-5 points away from levelling ? Try buying something like cubes or substance, sometimes you actually lose xp and have to get it back again and then need to buy again to get the int up, works for me every time. Is an old bug :(

Marx
08-06-04, 00:23
Stick one point in barter and buy some research lube or cubes.

I don't know if its a glitch or if it's there purposely - either way it does a decent job of preventing macroing.

ResurgencE
08-06-04, 14:07
Ah, didnt know the 1% si was a bug. It only occured after lomming several times, so i assumed it was implemented to prevent lom macros.

As for this comment:

Hehe, i understand your point of view, but ive lvled 4 chars and hunted/set them up by myself, and have an 8 additional chars who're mostly capped as well. The reason i purchased the latter two accounts was because i wanted several more types of characters without having to level them manually, since i had gotten bored with lvling and trading for items.

Im mostly interested in pvp, now. Cant claim to be exceptionally good, but atleast its what i enjoy doing.

As for my ressing spy, shes pure tradeskiller, and ill be darned if i bother to lom her. Dont really need to lvl her further since shes at TL 210 and never broken a single E, but when you're that close to graduating to the next int lvl, your eyes kinda light up. :D

jernau
08-06-04, 14:10
As for my ressing spy, shes pure tradeskiller, and ill be darned if i bother to lom her. Dont really need to lvl her further since shes at TL 210 and never broken a single E, but when you're that close to graduating to the next int lvl, your eyes kinda light up. :D
Did you go all the way on RES or LoM to it?

ResurgencE
08-06-04, 14:15
Did you go all the way on RES or LoM to it?

That would be a question best posed to Tuxy. :D

Hes the original owner of that particular account. The dex on the resser seems to be quite low as opposed to the int, so i cant tell for certain.

jernau
08-06-04, 14:27
It's pretty obvious when it's a pure RES char - none of the other main skills are over a few k.

I'm just curious how many of them there are btw.

ResurgencE
08-06-04, 14:29
True.

Didnt really check, since i simply log her on, ress quickly and log off. I have no idea what her other stats are at. Just recall noticing lower dex.

SynC_187
08-06-04, 14:32
I had the same thing with constructing last night.

Build one item, get XP.
Build the second, no XP.

Zone.

Build one item, get XP.
Build the second, no XP.

Are we supposed to zone after every build?

jernau
08-06-04, 14:37
Were they all the same item?
Were you just under a level border?

SynC_187
08-06-04, 14:42
All the same item, but 200k from level.. :(

jernau
08-06-04, 14:45
I would say that was fucked then. I've not seen it do that. Did a relog fix it?

Strych9
08-06-04, 15:06
Here is how S.L.B. and I do it.

When you are close to reaching the Int level (whether via constr or res) run to a shop somewhere and res/constr til you hit the anti-macro cap. Then just buy one item... I usually buy a combat knife... that gives Int exp and it pushes you over the limit and you get your level.

For Dex, I run into a sewer, build til it hits the point where it wont roll over, and then beat on a rat with the newb stiletto for about 7 whacks, and I get the Dex level. Leave sewer, get back to work.

A hassle, but it doesnt waste too much time if you anticipate it and react accordingly.

DonnyJepp
08-06-04, 15:18
I had the same thing with constructing last night.

Build one item, get XP.
Build the second, no XP.

Zone.

Build one item, get XP.
Build the second, no XP.

Are we supposed to zone after every build?

You aren't guaranteed to get XP from every single research. Hell sometimes I lose XP from a single BP. The dice they roll to calc the payoff has some negative numbers on it. But over time and average you will always gain XP from, say, 5 or more copies of the BP.

Unless there's a newer bug or something else going on.

jernau
08-06-04, 15:48
You aren't guaranteed to get XP from every single research. Hell sometimes I lose XP from a single BP. The dice they roll to calc the payoff has some negative numbers on it. But over time and average you will always gain XP from, say, 5 or more copies of the BP.

Unless there's a newer bug or something else going on.
That only happens if you change BP type. There is no random on RES XP.

The client and server can get out of synch XP-wise is all and when you change BP type it gets fixed.