PDA

View Full Version : Ranks?

Ryman
06-06-04, 16:32
i just returned to the game after a 3 month absence and from what i remmeber i have lost a few levels ? not from my combat rank but my level rank .

Also seen a few other people i remmeber who seem lower ? or am i mistaken ?

J. Folsom
06-06-04, 16:34
That's because the "6th stat" feature/bug has been fixed.

If you're wondering what that is, you used to get extra invisible level ups from doing missions, this has now been fixed, causing the lower level ranks.

Your character is still the same as before despite his lowered rank.

---

A funny side effect of the fix is that I recently saw one of the GMs with a /60 rank, it seems their stats got reset by the overcapping having been reset. ;)

Freya
06-06-04, 16:35
there has never been a 6th stat, just a bug that calcultes the average which has been fixed via the last patches, welcome back

Underground
06-06-04, 16:48
there has never been a 6th stat, just a bug that calcultes the average which has been fixed via the last patches, welcome back

And the sixth stat is what that Bug is called by everyone, its just easier to say the 'sixth stat' instead of 'that bug from doing missions that makes the servers think youve got a level up, when really you havent, but it counts it anyway when working you rank out'

Easier wouldnt you agree ?

It had a pattern to it asif it was a sixth stat, for all elements and purposes you could 'level' it up, on purpose, asif it was a sixth stat, by calculating how much XP you gain purely from missions, thats why its referred to as the sixth stat O_o

Does this count as questioning a mods decision ? :p

Not disagreeing, theres no official sixth stat thats masked away, just, it acted asif there was one....

Freya
06-06-04, 16:49
:lol: either way its fixed now so ;)

Underground
06-06-04, 16:55
:lol: either way its fixed now so ;)

so youll agree there was a mysterious 'sixth stat' ? :D :p

Freya
06-06-04, 17:03
nope cause there never was :angel: jus a bug

QuantumDelta
06-06-04, 17:17
Heh, yea I lost somethin like 5 mainstat levels off that on my PE o.o

....My PPU gained one though (O_o)

Gotterdammerung
06-06-04, 19:04
wait till you find out about the new 7th stat

Aziraphale
06-06-04, 19:08

:lol: :lol:

Morganth
06-06-04, 19:19

In order to have a 7th stat, there must be a 6th stat. So you are confirming the existance of the 6th stat, even though it was an un-intentional feature.

TBH I think it was better when we had the "6th stat" as it allowed people to show off they have taken time to complete missions/epics in order to gain it. Now if everyone uses similar setups, everyones base ranks will be the same :(

Gotterdammerung
06-06-04, 19:40
In order to have a 7th stat, there must be a 6th stat. So you are confirming the existance of the 6th stat, even though it was an un-intentional feature.

You don't understand, it's like from the Spinal Tap movie "These go to 11"

j0rz
06-06-04, 21:25
was a damm good bug it should have been kept tbh :P :angel:

trigger hurt
07-06-04, 00:37
You don't understand, it's like from the Spinal Tap movie "These go to 11"
"What's so special about them going to eleven?"
"Well, it's one higher"