PDA

View Full Version : Fix Rifle Spy PA

Divide
06-06-04, 08:08
For some reason, rifle PA will not support itself like it used to. With my setup, my spy has 109 dex after all implants, I use pa3 which requires 115 dex, and gives 6. Until this patch, the PA would support itself after the drugs used to put it on had worn off.
I just tested this on my tank as well. HC tank, drugged to wear pa3. The tank has 112 dex with all implants, so I took an xstrong. when the xstrong wore, the PA stayed on.
I have heard that spy pistol pa works, but havent tested it myself.

KK please, even though the "fix" patch is overdue anyway, add this to the list of fixes.

naimex
06-06-04, 08:19
Test Patch 205 Notes

- Fixed Spy rifle PA.

[ edited ] look at the test server forum.

Underground
06-06-04, 08:23
[ edited ]look at the test server forum.

Sarcasm doesent help much either, so what he didnt notice the test server patch notes..... 99% of the community dont.....

Bl@zed
06-06-04, 08:35
[ edited] look at the test server forum.

[ edited ]

Xirus
06-06-04, 08:54
If I understand it right than u say that ur Pa doesnt be on you when drugs go out ??? Well i dont have the problem i have 114 STR without drugs then i get a x-strong and everything is allright and when the drug go out i still have PA on cause otherwise i cant use my DH so :D

Original monk
06-06-04, 09:12
If I understand it right than u say that ur Pa doesnt be on you when drugs go out ??? Well i dont have the problem i have 114 STR without drugs then i get a x-strong and everything is allright and when the drug go out i still have PA on cause otherwise i cant use my DH so :D

he's HC PA works i think, its the riflePA that doesnt do he's job ... and as naimex described thats being fixed, have fun, i was rolling so bye bye

naimex
06-06-04, 09:14
Sarcasm doesent help much either, so what he didnt notice the test server patch notes..... 99% of the community dont.....

It probably dont..

but the test server forum, does exist..

on that forum, is a sticky

in that sticky, you find the notes.

in those notes, his question could have been answered, instead of having to write a thread about it.

[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Radamez
06-06-04, 10:16
Good old Sunday mornings eh? ;)

Tratos
06-06-04, 11:32
KK please, even though the "fix" patch is overdue anyway, add this to the list of fixes.
The fix patch isnt overdue, it has been said the fix patch for alt tab and some other issues would be in the comming "weeks" and since its been just over one week, and theres been two TS patches, it'll propably be thrusday of next or somtime in the week after.

Eddie
06-06-04, 13:59
I believe that "fix" refers to the fact that all Rifle PAs had the same stats in TS Patch #204 - which I pointed out, and it has now been fixed.

Eddie

Celt
06-06-04, 14:03
It probably dont..

but the test server forum, does exist..

on that forum, is a sticky

in that sticky, you find the notes.

in those notes, his question could have been answered, instead of having to write a thread about it.

[ edited ][ edited ]

naimex
06-06-04, 14:05
[ edited ]

itīs in the top of the forum..

it takes less than a minute to find it, and read it.

Celt
06-06-04, 14:07
itīs in the top of the forum..

it takes less than a minute to find it, and read it.There are 21 forums, eight bug forums, and only 1 english RETAIL forum.
It only takes less than a minute to find it if you know it exists,[ edited ]

naimex
06-06-04, 14:09
There are 21 forums, eight bug forums, and only 1 english RETAIL forum.
It only takes less than a minute to find it if you know it exists[ edited ].

I found it for him didnīt I ??

next time, Iīll just tell him where to go.. then maybe he can find his way next time he has a question...

Theyīre not posting it on Test Server Forum, so you can go around writing for that very information, on every other forum..

Celt
06-06-04, 14:10
I found it for him didnīt I ??

And you know that that fix is for PA not staying on ??
[ edited ]

naimex
06-06-04, 14:16
And you know that that fix is for PA not staying on ??
[ edited ]

i was never on his back...

I found it for him, and told him that he should look before he made a thread..

[ edited ]

Gohei
06-06-04, 14:24
[ edited ]

Celt
06-06-04, 14:26
i was never on his back...

I found it for him, and told him that he should look before he made a thread..

[ edited ][ edited ]
if you had of just posted "maybe this is fixing it ??" [ edited ]

naimex
06-06-04, 14:29
[ edited ]if you had of just posted "maybe this is fixing it ??" [ edited ]

[ edited ]

They already said they were gonna fix it..

Or perhaps your little paranoid head, thinks there are multiple bugs with the same armor ?

[ edited ]
And I told him to go find it himself next time before he makes a post about it.
As I said, they are bloody posting it on the test server forum for a reason !

[ edited]

Dribble Joy
06-06-04, 14:30
All that said and doen.. people SHOULD read the forums, at least to find out about stuff that will affect them.

I'm amazed that people don't even read the patch notes.

J. Folsom
06-06-04, 14:31
As has been said, it's most likely been fixed on the test server now.

As the bug with Rifle PAs is/was that their stats were all like the level one version, it's quite likely this caused the problem with it not staying on after your drugs wore off. I'll probably test it out in a minute just to make sure.

Celt
06-06-04, 14:35
[ edited ]
They already said they were gonna fix it..

Or perhaps your little paranoid head, thinks there are multiple bugs with the same armor ?

[ edited ]

And I told him to go find it himself next time before he makes a post about it.
As I said, they are bloody posting it on the test server forum for a reason !

[ edited ]Where did the say they were gonna fix this specific bug ??

And it has been shown there were multiple bugs with the same armor !!

Who asked on your opinion as well ??

Did you give him the info he needed ??

The test server isn't an exact copy of retail, thats why so many bugs appear on retail that arent on test, AND VICE VERSA !!

[ edited ]

All that said and doen.. people SHOULD read the forums, at least to find out about stuff that will affect them.

[ edited ]

naimex
06-06-04, 14:39
Where did the say they were gonna fix this specific bug ??

And it has been shown there were multiple bugs with the same armor !!

Who asked on your opinion as well ??

Did you give him the info he needed ??

The test server isn't an exact copy of retail, thats why so many bugs appear on retail that arent on test, AND VICE VERSA !!

[ edited ]

[ edited ]

Updated server to retail patch #199 level

Hmm, I wonder why they would do such a thing..

Can you read that ? or should I come read it loud to you ?
Theyīre doing that EXACTLY to prevent the different results from Test Server to Retail.

And yes, as a matter of fact, I did give him the info he needed..
And furthermore, I do/did have a spy on test server.. a poker char.. using PA 4 without drugs.. and it stays on.

[ edited ]

Underground
06-06-04, 14:42
[ edited ]

Theyīre doing that EXACTLY to prevent the different results from Test Server to Retail.

And furthermore, I do/did have a spy on test server.. a poker char.. using PA 4 without drugs.. and it stays on.

[ edited ]

PA 4 without drugs ? :wtf: :wtf:

Your answer was vague, and sarcastic...

naimex
06-06-04, 14:43

Your answer was vague, and sarcastic...

might have been sarcastic, but was still truth..

you can use PA 4 without drugs as a tradeskiller.. it works with CST glove..
All it would help is to improve DEX which I belive is a part of the CST formula, and it give you a higher rank. But you canīt use any type of weaponry at the same time.

Eledhbrant
06-06-04, 14:45
Sorry Naimex but theyve put about 3 extra patch files onto test since the #199 Synchro so THAT DOESNT APPLY ANYMORE.

Was your PA4 Rifle? Maybe it was, maybe not, in any case it was 2 problems with spy pa but one was most likely causing the other problem (like Folsom said the fact that they all register as level one on retail makes them not work since they still have the 115 dex req)

EDIT: If you were using it without drugs it doesnt matter anyway since thats not the problem, its when you're using the armor's bonus to support itself that is where the bug occurs.

Celt
[ edited ]And its now at 205, with custom scripts and custom npc's.

Theyīre doing that EXACTLY to prevent the different results from Test Server to Retail.Only its still custom loms, autopoker, npc's, scripts.

And furthermore, I do/did have a spy on test server.. a poker char.. using PA 4 without drugs.. and it stays on.And as stated, the fix was for all PA's giving the same bonus, not for PA not staying on.

[ edited ]Yes dear, whatever you say dear.

J. Folsom
Rigger's Dream is +6 Dex
Synaptic Accelerator is +6 Dex
Add in two other +5 Dex brain implants.
Then you have 22 Dexterity from your brain implants alone.
Add a backbone which gives +5 dexterity.
You're at 27 dexterity.
Take some drugs, get above 135 dexterity, equip PA 4.
After drugs have worn off, the +8 dexterity from PA 4 means it stays on.

It's still completely worthless for anything except showing off though, as you gimp yourself like crazy using it.

naimex
06-06-04, 14:47
And its now at 205, with custom scripts and custom npc's.

And as stated, the fix was for all PA's giving the same bonus, not for PA not staying on.

and it was applied in patch 204...

its only 1 patch ago...

Read the first post again..

he says, it doesnīt give bonus, so it canīt stay on by itself.

Again, you show no signs of reading capability.

Celt
06-06-04, 14:50
and it was applied in patch 204...

its only 1 patch ago...

Again, you show no signs of reading capability.He said "For some reason, rifle PA will not support itself like it used to. With my setup, my spy has 109 dex after all implants, I use pa3 which requires 115 dex, and gives 6."

I'm sorry, who cant read?

Also, he is talking about RETAIL not TS.

naimex
06-06-04, 14:52
He said "For some reason, rifle PA will not support itself like it used to. With my setup, my spy has 109 dex after all implants, I use pa3 which requires 115 dex, and gives 6."

I'm sorry, who cant read?

Also, he is talking about RETAIL not TS.

[ edited ]

Plz note.. that he asks for it to be fixed.. but it has already been fixed, just not moved over yet..

which means he would have to have patience enough to wait what ? 1 week.. 2 weeks ? before this patch hits retail..

[ edited ]

Celt
06-06-04, 14:54
[ edited ]
Plz note.. that he asks for it to be fixed.. but it has already been fixed, just not moved over yet..

which means he would have to have patience enough to wait what ? 1 week.. 2 weeks ? before this patch hits retail..

[ edited ]

For some reason, rifle PA will not support itself like it used to. With my setup, my spy has 109 dex after all implants, I use pa3 which requires 115 dex, and gives 6.
[ edited ]

Mr_Snow
06-06-04, 14:56
If it isnt on retail it hasnt been fixed and the test server notes dont say exactly what has been fixed with rifle pa whether its the stats being wrong or whether its the fact it wont support itself that has been fixed.

naimex
06-06-04, 14:57
[/b]
[ edited ]

Ohh.. was I ??

he says it doesnīt support itself.. which means it doesnt GIVE the bonus.

So even when he takes the armor on, he doesnīt get the 6 dex he was supposed to get, so the armor wonīt stay on..

Who was wrong again ? I think it was you...

Celt
06-06-04, 14:59
Ohh.. was I ??

he says it doesnīt support itself.. which means it doesnt GIVE the bonus.

So even when he takes the armor on, he doesnīt get the 6 dex he was supposed to get, so the armor wonīt stay on..

Who was wrong again ? I think it was you...It gives the bonus as long as you have 115 dex WITHOUT the PA.
So you are wrong dear.

There's a similar bug where you cant use weapons despite having the required dex, if you need to relog/drug for pa to stay on.

Mr_Snow
06-06-04, 15:00

He never said he doesnt get the +6 bonus just that it wont support itself, if you care to actually read the first post correctly and without looking for something to be a sarcastic arse hole about.

naimex
06-06-04, 15:03
It gives the bonus as long as you have 115 dex WITHOUT the PA.
So you are wrong dear.

There's a similar bug where you cant use weapons despite having the required dex, if you need to relog/drug for pa to stay on.

You are referring to the bug, that was last seen on the Special Riggers Interface, where you had to have 89 dex to make it give bonus,. instead of the 88 it said it required..

and since he is drugging it on.. then no 1 drug is enough, so he would go above the requirements, but it still doesnīt make it stay on..

Which means that it shows the bonus being there, but it doesnīt apply the bonus.. So it doesnīt stay on, even though it should with the armors own bonus.

Which makes it something that needs a non-self supporting.
Which is what they fixed on the test server in the latest patch.

[ edited ]

He never said he doesnt get the +6 bonus just that it wont support itself, if you care to actually read the first post correctly and without looking for something to be a sarcastic arse hole about.

If he got the bonus, then it would stay on.

Celt
06-06-04, 15:09
You are referring to the bug, that was last seen on the Special Riggers Interface, where you had to have 89 dex to make it give bonus,. instead of the 88 it said it required..No I am not, I am referring to the bug I stated, that still exists and is verifiable on retail.

and since he is drugging it on.. then no 1 drug is enough, so he would go above the requirements, but it still doesnīt make it stay on..Uh he said one drug IS ENOUGH, wtf are you talking about?

Which means that it shows the bonus being there, but it doesnīt apply the bonus.. So it doesnīt stay on, even though it should with the armors own bonus.uh huh, and this could be because they accidentally changed it that you need to the minimum dex for it to kick in?

Which makes it something that needs a non-self supporting.In english please.

Which is what they fixed on the test server in the latest patch.Where did they say that?

[ edited ]If he got the bonus, then it would stay on.That doesnt mean the bonus doesnt exist, just that it requires 115 before armour to kick in.

Mr_Snow
06-06-04, 15:09
If he got the bonus, then it would stay on.

Ever think that the bug might be that it doesnt stay after drugging it on even with the bonus or are can you only think of the simplist ways a bug can work?

naimex
06-06-04, 15:10
No I am not, I am referring to the bug I stated, that still exists and is verifiable on retail.

Uh he said one drug IS ENOUGH, wtf are you talking about?

Please tell me a drug that makes a spy go from 109 to 115 dex..

I donīt know of a drug that gives +6 dex.

Celt
06-06-04, 15:14
Please tell me a drug that makes a spy go from 109 to 115 dex..

I donīt know of a drug that gives +6 dex.I'm sorry, you are right, it would take two drugs.

I still dont see any relevance to the thread, he says it works once he has over 115, but when he only has 115 WITH the bonus it doesnt work.

naimex
06-06-04, 15:15
I'm sorry, you are right, it would take two drugs.

I still dont see any relevance to the thread, he says it works once he has over 115, but when he only has 115 WITH the bonus it doesnt work.

and then if you look a few of my posts back.. you will notice this passage :

You are referring to the bug, that was last seen on the Special Riggers Interface, where you had to have 89 dex to make it give bonus,. instead of the 88 it said it required..

Celt
06-06-04, 15:19
and then if you look a few of my posts back.. you will notice this passage :And?

That is just speculation, it is not fact, nor do you have any evidence.

naimex
06-06-04, 15:20
And?

That is just speculation, it is not fact, nor do you have any evidence.

no, this I donīt know as a fact..

but it sounds a lot like it donīt you think ?

it gives bonus, once youīre ABOVE requirements, but it doesnīt give bonus when you are ON requirements..
Which he only just was.

And the SRI, only worked when you were at 89 dex without the implant, before it got fixed. The second you hit dex 88, it wouldnīt give bonus.

Freya
06-06-04, 15:22
thread closed

take it to pm's