PDA

View Full Version : Monk dex in new patch

MrChumble
05-06-04, 14:33
Does anyone have any good ideas for leveling Monk dex in the new patch, because I'm buggered if I can work out how I'm meant to do it :wtf:

I tried constructing first, but as a noob with no money it's far too expensive to build bulk jobs of vehicle parts (even more so now the cost has gone up so much). I can't spec enough cst to do jobs for other runners; I'd need to go pure cst to make a half decent job of even low level stuff and then I'd be fuck all use as a PPU.

Poking came next, but this seems to have been nerfed to hell in 199; it would take weeks of poke-in-poke-out to cap.

With my first PPU I did it with pistols, so that was next on the try list. 1k exp and about 10 minutes to kill a terrormauler (whoot 10 dmg per shot with 4x dmg boost!). Obviously not viable.

Is there anything else, or am I doomed to have shitty dex forever?

Timmy2k
05-06-04, 17:07
Repair rhinos i capped it in 3 hours ^^

Maarten
05-06-04, 17:19
Build drones or grenades. They are much cheaper to build.

QuantumDelta
05-06-04, 17:27
What Implant are you poking in ?

Moveon or PPR?
One is actually much better than the other, but yea, that one only gives about 1.4k XP per shot.

Still, reliable.

The Rhino deal sounds like a good idea, never tried it.

jernau
05-06-04, 17:35
XP/time-wise MOVEON and PPR are the same but MOVEON requires less time looking at the screen.

Both are fucked now though I hear :(.

Houston
05-06-04, 17:35
Yea on my monk before patch 199 i poked moveon in and out in and out etc it sucks ass!!1 btw moveon gives the most and for a noob char like yourself repairing rhinos iss waayy to expensive so yea i have no clue of a vaible way.

Carinth
05-06-04, 18:43
You can do missions from cityterm, exp is divided evenly between your stats so you get some dex. Load up on bps from a friendly researcher and run back and forth doing Research Missions.

MrChumble
05-06-04, 19:02
You can do missions from cityterm, exp is divided evenly between your stats so you get some dex. Load up on bps from a friendly researcher and run back and forth doing Research Missions.

I would do missions, I kinda like the RP angle and the faction symp gain, but they're useless - 250 or 400 exp per mission...and I need something in the region of 200k more to cap.

The only thing I've ever found missions good for is raising SL :)

YoDa-UK
05-06-04, 19:10
self poking is completely useless now, before 199 patch i was poking a MOVEON, got just over 1k XP per poke, on the day of the patch i tried it after, ended up being nerfed to something like 200 XP per poke :(

I've tried all sorts of imps to self poke, nothing gives more than about 200 xp per poke :(

I've never heard or tried the repair rhino method, but im guessing you should have specced repair for this, so thats outta the question has 1. i hate lomming and 2. my points at in agility and nothing else and im not lossing bloody dex lvls from lomming.

Other than that i think KK and really fucked over the monks on DEX gains, we don't even get anything from being in large teams which is really fucking screwed up, as a PPU i feel really sorry for you, i did get my dex to about lvl 18 before patch day with a MOVEON, but sadly im doomed to stay at that lvl now forever.

Fucking KK

Dubhead
05-06-04, 19:12
very hard research missions give 600xp each...still not exactly massive but better than killling aggies.

edit - damn i'm glad i capped my dex a couple months back :o

MrChumble
05-06-04, 19:15
very hard research missions give 600xp each...still not exactly massive but better than killling aggies.

So only 334 missions needed to cap my dex then :lol:

I'll try building drones (I have a droner so it won't be pure wasted money) and if that doesn't work I'll try repairing. And if that doesn't work I'll try to find an explo...er I mean I'll do something else :p

Carinth
05-06-04, 19:25
Yea Hard Research Missions should do it, it'll be slow going, but in the end you'll have mega high SL and sympathies. Plus Missions are the kind of thing you'd normaly do earlier on in your character's life. The other classes often do missions for Psi, since they don't get any while shootin their guns.

Also, through a team, you do get some dex exp. I lomed some agil away for recycle and lost about 10k exp, along with a level. I gained that 10k back and recapped just by ppu'ing teams in the tunnels. If you think about it, I'm sure you'll have capped your dex through hunting before you'll cap int : )

Shadow Dancer
05-06-04, 19:41
Damn they nerfed self poke gain?

Thank god I capped dex.

jiga
05-06-04, 20:23
My ppu capped dex by consting. I got to tl100 with my const boost 3, const glove, const imp 3 and an OP. I ended up not using the const boost 3 coz i got more xp without it.

ufora
05-06-04, 20:31
dont u get any dex xp from teaming? (ie with a spy)

jernau
05-06-04, 20:51
dont u get any dex xp from teaming? (ie with a spy)
It makes no difference who is in your team.

Some people say they get DEX XP on monks from teaming but I never have.

Doc Holliday
05-06-04, 21:03
u dont get much at all. its hardly noticable till u actually get a chime. i did one time while teamed with an apu monk who was killing everything that moved ( as apus do ) got me a ding and wondered what it was as i was watchin him rather than my chat log. lo and behold when f5 had been pressed dex had gone up.

jernau
05-06-04, 21:09
Yeah, that's what other's have told me.:confused:

On my APU though I didn't get a single point of DEX in the whole time powerlevelling him to cap in cave teams.

I'm not sure about my PPU as he was levelled more normally but I MOVEONed his DEX from about 15 (from missions) to cap when he was 90 something PSI so if he got anything it wasn't much.

I always assumed it was one just of those KK "features" when others got it. I wouldn't want to rely on it to get you to cap, that's for sure.

Doc Holliday
05-06-04, 21:11
lol features. gotta them love them things. heres a point to ponder. do ppus get a different xp share value to apus when teamed? that might well be the reason. u never saw squat in your dex when u levelled an apu as u said jernau. i was levellin a ppu at the time. could be the magic link

Houston
05-06-04, 21:16
lol features. gotta them love them things. heres a point to ponder. do ppus get a different xp share value to apus when teamed? that might well be the reason. u never saw squat in your dex when u levelled an apu as u said jernau. i was levellin a ppu at the time. could be the magic link
Uhh PPU's gain INT alot faster than APU's know that. 8|

jernau
05-06-04, 21:17
Theoretically only if there's an undocumented DEX factor involved in PPU casting.

Who knows, this is Neocron after all.

Doc Holliday
05-06-04, 21:18
Uhh PPU's gain INT alot faster than APU's know that. 8|

yeah houston the point was the ppu cant do any attacking itself by nature of its class. therefore is the xp gain any different to that of an apu. its true about intel thats a common fact. question was what else do they get extra if anything.

jernau
05-06-04, 21:23
The INT thing is just fucked up beyond words but I guess PPUs do need something in their favour levelling-wise.

The only way to test would be to take an APU caving but not attack anything - people will love you for that :).